Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Worse, much worse, fangs, horns,  green slime and a huge dick.

Someone from an Easter Road terracing might fit the bill.

:rofl: 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

It's not though, is it? Leaves the young and fit, in general, alone, allowing them to make more people for it to infect. 

Except it doesn’t its just their immune systems can cope. Even then there are those who despite a good immune system and being fit and healthy are currently in ICU’s on ventilators. 

53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Humans are both intelligent and very efficient.

🤔🤔🤔 you clearly haven’t spent enough time around them or on here 😝

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

:rofl: 

FFS why did I make it male?:wacko2:

No I didn't, I was referring to their persona, not member...few :whistling:

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤔🤔🤔 you clearly haven’t spent enough time around them or on here 😝

He clearly doesn't read his posts either. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What about the Italy v Scotland six Nations game, 55,000?

It was in Rome, at that time the outbreak was only in the north. 

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Yeah, it's the 3 coughing episodes in a day part that's got me. I mean, what's an episode? Is it just a cough? 3 coughs? A minute? 

This chart here makes things clear as mud 😒

IMG_20200328_100153.jpg

Edited by vegas-voss

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Except it doesn’t its just their immune systems can cope. Even then there are those who despite a good immune system and being fit and healthy are currently in ICU’s on ventilators. 

Yeah, but the point was that in most cases, it doesn't kill them, leaving them to reproduce and provide more hosts for the virus in years to come. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This chart here makes things clear as mud 😒

IMG_20200328_100153.jpg

So basically, according to that, I might have it. And the Flu. And the cold. And possibly an unidentified allergy. 

Nice one. 

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Aye but could people have travelled from the north?

25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And where do most Italian rugby fans live? The ones who would have travelled to the game.

22 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

So basically, according to that, I might have it. And the Flu. And the cold. And possibly an unidentified allergy. 

Nice one. 

Exactly 

JudyJudyJudy
20 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Suppose the problem could be if you either crashed or broke down.

Yes I can see that point too 

Footballfirst

Scotland's figures sharply up.

13 new deaths, up to 60 in total 

430 new cases (108 of those come from one lab that could not submit returns over the weekend)

Total cases 1993.

ICU patients 135, up 27 on yesterday.

Total patients still in hospital 1073

Edited by Footballfirst

Tommy Brown

Was Scotland's first case in Dundee, not a rugby fan who had been to the Italy match?

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

2 Chinese tourists were tested positive in Rome 31st January. 

I'll not be going on a cruise anytime soon (ever).

America refusing to allow ship to dock and passengers starting to pass away with the virus.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'll not be going on a cruise anytime soon (ever).

America refusing to allow ship to dock and passengers starting to pass away with the virus.

Been on 3 cruises and loved it. Not so good in a pandemic though. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Been on 3 cruises and loved it. Not so good in a pandemic though. 

Fair point, I'll make sure I book one when they can guarantee there won't be any outbreaks.

:sarcasm:

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Been on 3 cruises and loved it. Not so good in a pandemic though b 

We always looked down on cruises as being for the old and infirm and having an aversion some of the formality that used to be common but is now rare or avoidable.  in the last few years we (aging but still fit) have been on five and have thoroughly enjoyed them, seeing many places we would never otherwise have seen.  Never had any problem with illness, either ourselves or others we met.

Not good in a pandemic true … but then where is?

joondalupjambo

Lack of NHS resources creating problems. 

Lack of Police resources now creating problems.

Wee bit of a common theme forming here, under fund your public services and lo and behold this is what you get in a time of need, more and more problems.

How are Police to police in a situation like this.

Government telling them for years to reduce numbers, to modernise policing methods and to increase the use new technology.

So Derbyshire Police probably do have not enough boots on the ground due to the cuts, introduce new technology by way of drones, use them to monitor situations and are now being slammed.

You cannot make it up.

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

367 deaths in England. 393 total in the UK. 

Unfortunately that is a bit of a low total for both the UK and the other nations according to the BBC, 1408 as of yesterday.  131 across Scotland, Wales and NI.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Or am I reading your post wrong?

The Internet
Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Unfortunately that is a bit of a low total for both the UK and the other nations according to the BBC, 1408 as of yesterday.  131 across Scotland, Wales and NI.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Or am I reading your post wrong?

Sorry yeah I meant just in the last 24 hours, the latest figures are 393 UK deaths in the last 24 hours. 

doctor jambo
14 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Wee bit of a common theme forming here, under fund your public services and lo and behold this is what you get in a time of need, more and more problems.

Government telling them for years to reduce numbers, to modernise policing methods and to increase the use new technology.

So Derbyshire Police probably do have not enough boots on the ground due to the cuts, introduce new technology by way of drones, use them to monitor situations and are now being slammed.

You cannot make it up.

Its a bummer right enough...

however, the austerity ship was (probably ) the right one

can you imagine what we would be facing now if the "magic money tree" had been shaken in 2008?

Imagine adding half a trillion to the debt ( as we seem to be doing) having done that already 12 years ago- holy shit!

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sorry yeah I meant just in the last 24 hours, the latest figures are 393 UK deaths in the last 24 hours. 

Wow the BBC report says 180 people died from 29th to 30th March so if the 393 is in the last 24 hours that is a flaming massive leap, more than double.

I wonder if this new figure includes the poor folks who have died out with a hospital, they said yesterday on the daily briefing that this was to start to be counted.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The sharp increase in new Scottish cases appears to be related to a lab servicing NHS Tayside which has seen the sharpest rise of all the Scottish NHS trusts.

I think Sturgeon said they had problems submitting results over the weekend so those are accumulated since last week.

14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The jump could be a catch up on adding home deaths. They said yesterday that was coming.

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aged between 19 & 98.

And all but 28 had underlying health conditions.

This means 28 of those who died either didn't have or had unknown underlying health conditions.

The Internet
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Aged between 19 & 98.

And all but 28 had underlying health conditions.

This means 28 of those who died either didn't have or had unknown underlying health conditions.

The 19 year old, apparently, had no underlying conditions. 

joondalupjambo

Meanwhile in Australia the big, head line story is will Steve Smith return as their Cricket Captain :rolleyes5:

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We always looked down on cruises as being for the old and infirm and having an aversion some of the formality that used to be common but is now rare or avoidable.  in the last few years we (aging but still fit) have been on five and have thoroughly enjoyed them, seeing many places we would never otherwise have seen.  Never had any problem with illness, either ourselves or others we met.

Not good in a pandemic true … but then where is?

I was the same, that it was for crumblies, but eventually agreed to Mrs M’s requests. Loved it and hygiene seemed reasonably prioritised. 

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The 19 year old, apparently, had no underlying conditions. 

As has been said numerous times now, this thing doesn't just kill the old and sick it seemingly can kill the young fit & healthy as well.

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, graygo said:

Fair point, I'll make sure I book one when they can guarantee there won't be any outbreaks.

:sarcasm:

You have to take some risks in life. 😄

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As has been said numerous times now, this thing doesn't just kill the old and sick it seemingly can kill the young fit & healthy as well.

Yep. It will be a very small number of young and healthy individuals but it won't be 0.

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Jambo-Jimbo

Yep. It will be a very small number of young and healthy individuals but it won't be 0.

Indeed.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I was the same, that it was for crumblies, but eventually agreed to Mrs M’s requests. Loved it and hygiene seemed reasonably prioritised. 

The cruise we were on had a really good mixture of ages, from young families to oldies and every age in between.

Brighton Jambo
36 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

You cannot make it up.

Every single country in the world is seeing its Health resources stretched to absolute breaking point whether they over or under invested over the last decade.   No country was resourced for this and never could be.   Give the whole political point scoring a rest it doesn’t belong on this thread.  

Pasquale for King

Anyone see the video of Putin getting into the huge yellow protective suit a few days ago?The video of before it shows him shaking the hand of a doctor and getting in a small lift with him, the guy has now tested positive.

Trump just said that the US has tested £1m people, far more than anyone else. More lies as Italy and China have tested more. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

You cannot make it up.

Don’t forget the Armed forces cuts too, 106k soldiers in the Army which is 103k less than in 1939. Don’t slag the Tories on a thread where their austerity is a critical part of the ongoing problems.

Anyone on twitter go and look at this thread.

4AB73308-5328-4EFB-8A59-CFA7ECCC7BA7.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Internet
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone see the video of Putin getting into the huge yellow protective suit a few days ago?The video of before it shows him shaking the hand of a doctor and getting in a small lift with him, the guy has now tested positive.

Trump just said that the US has tested £1m people, far more than anyone else. More lies as Italy and China have tested more. 

I wanted to correct that but it's probably true that they're only testing millionaires. 

Pasquale for King

I wanted to correct that but it's probably true that they're only testing millionaires. 

😃. Yeah it won’t be the poor.

Brighton Jambo

Big increase today but it looks like it was expected as it includes a number of backdated deaths (edit this is for NHS England only as NHS Scotland still determining whether to adopt same approach) - see below from Guardian.

The reported death toll from coronavirus in the UK is set to increase beyond the NHS’s daily tally on Tuesday when fatalities outside of hospitals are counted for the first time.

Figures from the NHS and Public Health England have so far been the key barometer of the impact of the virus but they have not included any deaths in homes, care homes and other non-hospital settings. Daily figures for Monday showed a rise in the UK death toll of 209 to 1,408 people, but these are only people who died in NHS care.

The Office for National Statistics will start publishing data about the rest of the deaths from 9.30am on Tuesday giving a fuller picture of the impact of Covid-19. They will tally all of the deaths from late December until 20 March which they believe occurred outside hospitals.

Unlike the NHS figures, which are limited to people who tested positive for the disease, they will also include cases where it is mentioned as a suspected cause on death certificates.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Days like today will be the reason if I get collared by the virus.   Aldi was a free for all.    Morons stumbling around in a daze.    Fair bit of pawing everything anaw.    Arseholes.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Days like today will be the reason if I get collared by the virus.   Aldi was a free for all.    Morons stumbling around in a daze.    Fair bit of pawing everything anaw.    Arseholes.

People are dicks.

Last week I was saying to the wife that if/when things return to normality it’d be nice to think people would have a bit more respect for others. A bit more appreciation for what we have, how lucky we are.

Then I walked to Tesco’s. Whole families taking up the complete width of the cycle path leaving it impossible to adhere to the 2m distancing. Folk jumping the queue to get in the supermarket, folk acting like deranged lunatics inside the supermarket.

As I say, dicks. I’d go further but it’s maybe not for a public forum.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic