Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Very limited 7-day stats today due to recent data issues.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     7 Nov 6 Nov 5 Nov 4 Nov 3 Nov ... 1 Nov
Deaths     18 19 -1   19 19 18 18 16 ... 16

All in hospital     835 860 -25   879 895 911 923 927 ... 924
Non-ICU     777 801 -24   818 833 847 859 864 ... 862
ICU     58 59 -1   61 62 64 64 63 ... 62

👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Quite encouraging figures; but also begs the question, what are the remaining 1%?

Screenshot_20211109-132848.png

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Dead? 

Still moaning about having the right not to be asked that question?

Fxxx the SPFL
48 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hospital numbers looking good. Boosters working wonders?

Aye but arsehole Swinney is talking about tightening the vaccine passport for other hospitality venues no doubt pubs and restaurants what a numbnut well he can feck right off with that idea.

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Aye but arsehole Swinney is talking about tightening the vaccine passport for other hospitality venues no doubt pubs and restaurants what a numbnut well he can feck right off with that idea.

He’s blowing hot air as per usual . He’s a fud . Needing to be seen to say something I suppose . The drop in revenue for those places would be economic carnage really . Totally unfair to them . But once again an easy target . 

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No way.  There's no justification for that.  Try getting your booster programme progressing better you arseholes.

I don't see the link between the two issues? Surely the booster program should be improved no matter what the status of the vaccine passport and any restrictions.

Personally I'd not have the vaccine passports, but if you do then I would have it for more settings than there is currently, hairdressers, pubs etc all the ones there were restrictions for before.

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He’s blowing hot air as per usual . He’s a fud . Needing to be seen to say something I suppose . The drop in revenue for those places would be economic carnage really . Totally unfair to them . But once again an easy target . 

Behave -  few unvaccinated people being restricted is not going to be economic carnage FFS. As I said above, if we have VPs it needs to be for all/most non-essential settings, although if it was up to me I'd not have them at all.

19 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Behave -  few unvaccinated people being restricted is not going to be economic carnage FFS. As I said above, if we have VPs it needs to be for all/most non-essential settings, although if it was up to me I'd not have them at all.

Its unlikely to happen so I am not that bothered.  It would affect businesses. , ok maybe not " carnage" but enough to cause them stress . Its not necessary.  its unnecessary/. However if its as lax as the current system that's fine too.  Was out Saturday night and never seen one club / or pub request them 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Dead? 

I did wonder that, but they would still fall into one of those 2 categories. It's not important at all, I'm just intrigued by it.

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There's very, very few essential settings so coupled with 'most' it makes drawing a line very hard. 

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Taffin said:

There's very, very few essential settings so coupled with 'most' it makes drawing a line very hard. 

I'm not one of those that argue about where the exact line is drawn, but at the moment it is not even in the correct post code. Think something like level 3 restrictions or the same as everyone else as my two options.

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I did wonder that, but they would still fall into one of those 2 categories. It's not important at all, I'm just intrigued by it.

Rounding of the figures maybe? You'd imagine theyd round them the same way but you never know.

Just now, Jeff said:

Rounding of the figures maybe? You'd imagine theyd round them the same way but you never know.

Probably is that. 

I thought it was maybe something like jabbed but not yet considered vaccinated but I'd guess that percentage would be larger if that was the case.

If the data on travelling tabby is painting the picture I believe I'm seeing in it then I can't understand the need for vaccine passports at all, never mind expanding where they are used.

Per 100k it looks as though England is doing 'better' on new cases than Wales and NI, 'better' on new deaths than those two and Scotland and only loses out to Scotland on new cases.

Of course that's correlation, not causation but suggests similar results can be achieved with, or without masks and VPs.

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Hospital numbers looking good. Boosters working wonders?

And perhaps some of the unvaccinated coming forwards to be vaccinated at last, maybe.

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

They won’t have any choice if that’s what’s decided 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Quite encouraging figures; but also begs the question, what are the remaining 1%?

Screenshot_20211109-132848.png

Both vaccinated and unvaccinated at the same time. Probably quantum scientists.

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If the data on travelling tabby is painting the picture I believe I'm seeing in it then I can't understand the need for vaccine passports at all, never mind expanding where they are used.

Per 100k it looks as though England is doing 'better' on new cases than Wales and NI, 'better' on new deaths than those two and Scotland and only loses out to Scotland on new cases.

Of course that's correlation, not causation but suggests similar results can be achieved with, or without masks and VPs.

It looks to me,  might be wrong,  that the boosters are causing a very good effect on hospital presentations.  Some eye catching reductions over quite a few days.  Add in the coming anti-viral drugs interventions and the hospitals should have much lower numbers of covid.

There's no justification in extending the reach of the vaccine passport system unless case rates were to spike to such a level that consequential infections caused much higher hospital figures.  There's no sign yet that will happen.  The case rates may rise but we've already seen that the immediacy of consequential outcomes has been disrupted and mitigated.  More and more boosters to come.  Anti-virals to come soon.  Both will keep people out of hospital.  This has always been the stated aim.

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

As is the Sturgeon tactic, she gets one of her slaves to test the water by suggesting something she knows may be unpopular, leaving her to respond in parliament in a week or so to say that she has taken into account all the concerns and will not be following the idea through. She looks like the one with common sense, Swinney looks the idiot for suggesting it in the first place. It is obvious what she does; it is the way she has operated for years and the fact that Swinney fails to see it defies belief. But there again, perhaps he does think this is a good idea, and that would be very worrying given that he is the First Minister in waiting....

Pasquale for King

Vaccine passports for pubs, won’t affect Hearys fans on match days as we all have ours with us don’t we 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂🤦🏽?!?!

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And perhaps some of the unvaccinated coming forwards to be vaccinated at last, maybe.

After the initial surge with teenagers taking up the vaccine, the day on day figure for first doses has slowed markedly.

However the booster programme appears to have had a high take up rate among the elderly (most vulnerable to hospitalisation and death).  Over 76% of over 70s have been given a booster thus far.  In England the figure is 67%.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

After the initial surge with teenagers taking up the vaccine, the day on day figure for first doses has slowed markedly.

However the booster programme appears to have had a high take up rate among the elderly (most vulnerable to hospitalisation and death).  Over 76% of over 70s have been given a booster thus far.  In England the figure is 67%.

They’re fortunate as I know a lot who are in the 24% haven’t even received a letter yet.

30 minutes ago, henryheart said:

As is the Sturgeon tactic, she gets one of her slaves to test the water by suggesting something she knows may be unpopular, leaving her to respond in parliament in a week or so to say that she has taken into account all the concerns and will not be following the idea through. She looks like the one with common sense, Swinney looks the idiot for suggesting it in the first place. It is obvious what she does; it is the way she has operated for years and the fact that Swinney fails to see it defies belief. But there again, perhaps he does think this is a good idea, and that would be very worrying given that he is the First Minister in waiting....

Yep she has previous for this. Usually send Hopeless out to test the waters.  

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Vaccine passports for pubs, won’t affect Hearys fans on match days as we all have ours with us don’t we 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂🤦🏽?!?!

When i was out the other night a guy showed me his vaccine passport.  Looked same as mine but it was a fake. Couldn't tell the difference . The scheme needs binned. 

54 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Zero chance of Swinney ever being First Minister

22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

When i was out the other night a guy showed me his vaccine passport.  Looked same as mine but it was a fake. Couldn't tell the difference . The scheme needs binned. 

Think there’s a logo/hologram on the authentic ones that’s hard to replicate?

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They might need to get folk to scan it then, pain in the arse for pubs if they do this and a lot of them won’t bother. 

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

In other news, parliament announces paper currency  to be withdrawn as it's easy to copy  and so "needs binned".

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Zero chance of Swinney ever being First Minister

Think there’s a logo/hologram on the authentic ones that’s hard to replicate?

Yes I think John Swinney has peaked.  The guy showed me the VP on his phone. It wasn't a paper one. However he noted the same as me no one was asked anyway. Why have regulations if they aren't enforced?  Im guessing it was just used to try to get as many younger people vaccinated. Well it has worked to at extent I suppose 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I think John Swinney has peaked.  The guy showed me the VP on his phone. It wasn't a paper one. However he noted the same as me no one was asked anyway. Why have regulations if they aren't enforced?  Im guessing it was just used to try to get as many younger people vaccinated. Well it has worked to at extent I suppose 

Careful James. You almost posted something positive about the Scottish government there. 

34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s the phone one that has the hologram. Think it’s an aeroplane iirc

SuperstarSteve

Not sure if being mentioned and possibly hasn’t due to it only effecting or due to

effect England. 

NHS staff must get the jab or lose their job. 

From clap the NHS to sack the NHS within a year. Big jump that.

Edited by SuperstarSteve

9 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Not sure if being mentioned and possibly hasn’t due to it only effecting or due to

effect England. 

From a government that shat it from a vaccine passport system and played politics by removing the mask mandate.  Strange bunch of creatures.

1 hour ago, jamboy1982 said:

Careful James. You almost posted something positive about the Scottish government there. 

LOL i have been fairly positive about their " measured " approach in the last few months. Still am. LIke i said its the bloody media which stir the pot and start the fear mongering. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

effect England. 

You have to wonder about the legality of it all. 
The right wing media have been blaming the NHS and GPS on behalf of the U.K. government for lots of stuff recently that’s not really their fault. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Beni said:

A pre-print study finds spike protein antibodies in people who had the AZ vaccine decline more than 2.5 times faster than for Pfizer, and recommends vulnerable AZ recipients should be prioritised for boosters.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.11.05.21265968v1

Good to know, thanks for that. Will need my booster ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You brought it up 🤣

I did note, It was Mr Potty Mouth who shall remain nameless. ! 😄

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I did note, It was Mr Potty Mouth who shall remain nameless. ! 😄

Well done mate, first post on page 1902, I won’t lie I was aiming for it myself 🤣😜 FTH. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well done mate, first post on page 1902, I won’t lie I was aiming for it myself 🤣😜 FTH. 

I didn't even notice that ! I am often oblivious to things around me. Nothing new.  :) 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

TO be honest its probably more unusual that I am not at the top of every page due to the amount of posts ive accrued on this. I just checked 1874 I was second  !  damn ! :) 

My half sister

On a slightly different topic but one that's linked to Covid, can someone explain what the current rules are on drinking alcohol on a train in Scotland?

Before the outbreak, you could not drink on the platform but as soon as you entered the train, you could drink alcohol between 10a.m. and 9pm.

Then we went into lockdown and drinking as well as eating were banned.

Things have relaxed and people are using trains again.

I went from Falkirk to London in July and from the moment I got on the train, the bar was open, people were drinking and no one was stopping them.

However, on local trains, guards have told me that it's against the law to drink, he wasnt bothered but watch out if the Transport Police board the train.

On Saturday, on the way to the game and coming back after 9pm, people were openly drinking and no one cared.

So I ask again, what is the law of the land at present?

Edited by My half sister
Spelling

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

TO be honest its probably more unusual that I am not at the top of every page due to the amount of posts ive accrued on this. I just checked 1874 I was second  !  damn ! :) 

Must try harder 😜

10 hours ago, My half sister said:

On a slightly different topic but one that's linked to Covid, can someone explain what the current rules are on drinking alcohol on a train in Scotland?

Before the outbreak, you could not drink on the platform but as soon as you entered the train, you could drink alcohol between 10a.m. and 9pm.

I went from Falkirk to London in July and from the moment I got on the train, the bar was open, people were drinking and no one was stopping them.

However, on local trains, guards have told me that it's against the law to drink, he wasnt bothered but watch out if the Transport Police board the train.

On Saturday, on the way to the game and coming back after 9pm, people were openly drinking and no one cared.

Currently, consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all trains, at all times.

10 hours ago, My half sister said:

I think it depends whether it is a Scotrail train or not. If it's a cross border train then England's rules apply - even while in Scotland- regarding drink, facemasks etc.

My half sister
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think it depends whether it is a Scotrail train or not. If it's a cross border train then England's rules apply - even while in Scotland- regarding drink, facemasks etc.

You would have thought there would have been consistency,  you can board an LNER train at Inverness and get off at Aviemore and be encouraged to drink by the guard announcing the bar is open and beer and wine are being served. The guard on a LNER train will also announce when you come back into Scotland after Berwick that Scottish rules now apply and facemasks must be worn but the bar is still serving drink.  

42 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Currently, consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all trains, at all times.

I assume you mean ScotRail trains ? Because on its own that statement isn’t remotely true. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic