Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Homme said:

Mrs Homme getting fitted for a mask today. 

She doesn't reckon she will get one though. 

Why does she think she won’t get one?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why does she think she won’t get one?

Because they've been told not to expect to get one. They are being fitted for sizes, not necessarily receiving one today. 

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Because they've been told not to expect to get one. They are being fitted for sizes, not necessarily receiving one today. 

Makes me quite angry that this is taking so long and we weren’t better organised in the first place. Hope she gets one soon. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Makes me quite angry that this is taking so long and we weren’t better organised in the first place. Hope she gets one soon. 

Hoping they have her size today 👍

A £3 voucher for Supermarkets for really poor kids to have a meal. Pathetic! 

What's worse, is there are fecking scum parents who'll steal from their kids. Now that is disgusting.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did Italy's crisis come from China?

The first reported cases in Italy seemingly came from two Chinese tourists who tested positive in Rome (29 Jan), a week later a 38 yr old Italian man returned from Wuhan to the Lombardy region, on the 20 Feb he checked into a local hospital in Codogno.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/italy-confirms-two-cases-of-coronavirus

https://time.com/5799586/italy-coronavirus-outbreak/

So to answer your question, yes it would seem so.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The first reported cases in Italy seemingly came from two Chinese tourists who tested positive in Rome (29 Jan), a week later a 38 yr old Italian man returned from Wuhan to the Lombardy region, on the 20 Feb he checked into a local hospital in Codogno.

I read that it has been in Italy for months and the actual Patient One had nothing to do with China, whatsoever.

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I read that it been in Italy for months and the actual Patient One had nothing to do with China, whatsoever.

Sounds like fake news/misinformation. I strongly doubt the virus was thoughtful enough to float around in Italy only infecting strong, healthy, people and then suddenly turn nasty in Feb/Mar when it finally located older and weaker people...Most of the conspiracy theories just need a bit of common sense to debunk them.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sounds like fake news/misinformation. I strongly doubt the virus was thoughtful enough to float around in Italy only infecting strong, healthy, people and then suddenly turn nasty in Feb/Mar when it finally located older and weaker people...Most of the conspiracy theories just need a bit of common sense to debunk them.

First Patient was a man Mattia 38 who has never been to China, thou his colleague a Chinese man tested negative. 

I'm not saying it didn't come from China, but it was in Italy well before we heard of Covid 19/Coronavirus. Fact!

Not a conspiracy, Mattia has now left ICU.

Edited by ri Alban

30 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Yes probably, Lombardy region sold all their Leather tanning factories to the Chinese, top Dolla :thumbsup:. Plenty traffic to and fro.

So technically, it could have went from Italy to China?

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

First Patient was a man Mattia 38 who has never been to China, thou his colleague a Chinese man tested negative. 

I'm not saying it didn't come from China, but it was in Italy well before we heard of Covid 19/Coronavirus. Fact!

Not a conspiracy, Mattia has now left ICU.

Yeah but is the obvious conclusion not that they either failed to find the right asymptomatic person who passed it to him, or he caught it off something the Chinese guy brought back from Wuhan rather than a person?

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah but is the obvious conclusion not that they either failed to find the right asymptomatic person who passed it to him, or he caught it off something the Chinese guy brought back from Wuhan rather than a person?

Probs. But this secondhand infection from people's possessions is pushing it.

Some German guy who travelled to Rome on the suspect list aswell. 

But we'll what till post viruses for answers. I was just a bit miffed about punishment for China talk at this moment in time. 

Edited by ri Alban

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So technically, it could have went from Italy to China?

If Case 1 in China was start of December then how could this be so? Again it would require that it was only infecting strong healthy people in Italy for months before the Chinese started dying from it and then later so did Italians. These theories make no sense at all.

A highly infectious, deadly to some virus starts where the first death occurs. Italians would've noticed if people had been dropping like flies from "pneumonia" for months...

Edited by Spellczech

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

If Case 1 in China was start of December then how could this be so? Again it would require that it was only infecting strong healthy people in Italy for months before the Chinese started dying from it and then later so did Italians. These theories make no sense at all.

It's called mutation.

Looks like Italy have gone a long way towards breaking the chain.    New cases dropping way off.    

Asia.    Looks like many countries are toiling badly to contain.    

The UK should be able to break the chain in a few weeks but for god's sake,   there MUST be a near blanket ban on international arrivals for a long time ahead.     If there are further epidemics ongoing and international travel is relaxed,   we'll get another wave here.    

Just now, ri Alban said:

It's called mutation.

Ok so you are saying a "friendly" strain started in Italy, then jumped on a plane to Wuhan, where it mutated and became deadly. Then the friendly strain heard about its evil cousin and mutated in Italy so it too could start killing people? That's dark...😆

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Looks like Italy have gone a long way towards breaking the chain.    New cases dropping way off.    

Asia.    Looks like many countries are toiling badly to contain.    

The UK should be able to break the chain in a few weeks but for god's sake,   there MUST be a near blanket ban on international arrivals for a long time ahead.     If there are further epidemics ongoing and international travel is relaxed,   we'll get another wave here.    

i would rather than ban international arrivals, have an enforced 14 day quarantine like they have in places like korea, australia, new zealand etc. along with reduced numbers of flights in

Jambo-Jimbo

It's called mutation.

WHO have said it has mutated but not by much from the original strain, so that's a non starter I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ok so you are saying a "friendly" strain started in Italy, then jumped on a plane to Wuhan, where it mutated and became deadly. Then the friendly strain heard about its evil cousin and mutated in Italy so it too could start killing people? That's dark...😆

No, as the poster said, Aeroplanes go both ways. It's only a friendly conversation, it's not facts.

But hey, I'm sure we've all have it,  as it stays on your shoes. 

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

WHO have said it has mutated but not by much from the original strain, so that's a non starter I'm afraid.

For now. 👍

Just now, milky_26 said:

i would rather than ban international arrivals, have an enforced 14 day quarantine like they have in places like korea, australia, new zealand etc. along with reduced numbers of flights in

You could but I think it just adds complexity and additional resource where it isn't needed.    Other than the arrival of repatriated UK citizens,    nobody has any clear need to be moving around.    Shut the borders until everyone else has dealt with their epidemics.

There has been a dip in the rate of daily worldwide death toll increase from its usual 13-14% to 10-11% over the last couple of days.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

Deaths still rising, but perhaps a glimpse of hope. We'll have to wait a while longer to see if it is a trend or a blip.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

There has been a dip in the rate of daily worldwide death toll increase from its usual 13-14% to 10-11% over the last couple of days.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

Deaths still rising, but perhaps a glimpse of hope. We'll have to wait a while longer to see if it is a trend or a blip.

Eyes back on Asia.    This will be the epicentre again in 3-4 weeks.

Eyes back on Asia.    This will be the epicentre again in 3-4 weeks.

Why do you think that?

Getting severely hacked off at the growing background noise about how the police are dealing with the emergency laws.     Questioning what the police are doing will only empower ****wits to push the boundaries even more.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Why do you think that?

Africa will be out of country by then. Congo has its first 2 today.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, Victorian said:

Getting severely hacked off at the growing background noise about how the police are dealing with the emergency laws.     Questioning what the police are doing will only empower ****wits to push the boundaries even more.

The media has always made a profit from two things - fear and anger. We're about as ramped up as we can be at the moment regarding fear, even starting to be immunised a bit, so they will be starting on the anger now. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

The officer on the street needs clear guidance and restrictions on how they police this. There seems to have been some isolated incidents where they have went overboard and obviously this has been pounced on by the media. The police will improve as the situation continues. 

Just now, redjambo said:

The media has always made a profit from two things - fear and anger. We're about as ramped up as we can be at the moment regarding fear, even starting to be immunised a bit, so they will be starting on the anger now. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It's unreal.    Utterly moronic.

Africa will be out of country by then. Congo has its first 2 today.

Sorry, what does that mean, ri?

Also which Congo are you talking about? The DRC or the Republic? The DRC had its first case on 9 March, the Republic on 14 March.

Just now, GinRummy said:

The officer on the street needs clear guidance and restrictions on how they police this. There seems to have been some isolated incidents where they have went overboard and obviously this has been pounced on by the media. The police will improve as the situation continues. 

I can't agree really.    The police need a simpler remit to just make reasonable judgements.    Not a rulebook to keep arseholes happy.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've been watching the news of the WHO saying it.

Ok. I suspect that there won't be because of the new state of awareness and preparedness, but the WHO know a lot more than I do.

I can't agree really.    The police need a simpler remit to just make reasonable judgements.    Not a rulebook to keep arseholes happy.

That’s what I meant by clear guidance. Asking to see inside people’s shopping bags or going into grocery stores and telling them to remove Easter eggs is over the top. I’m sure this isn’t widespread by the police and I’m sure these incidents will stop.

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Sorry, what does that mean, ri?

Also which Congo are you talking about? The DRC or the Republic? The DRC had its first case on 9 March, the Republic on 14 March.

Deaths this morning, according to the news. But all I can find is the ex president died in France.

I was watching a report on South Africa and the shantytowns, CV will rip through places like that.

Just now, redjambo said:

Ok. I suspect that there won't be because of the new state of awareness and preparedness, but the WHO know a lot more than I do.

It's a concern anyway.    

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Deaths this morning, according to the news. But all I can find is the ex president died in France.

I was watching a report on South Africa and the shantytowns, CV will rip through places like that.

No problem. Probably the Republic then. The DRC has already had 8 deaths.

Yup, we have to be thankful that the virus hasn't caused too much damage in Africa yet, but if it takes off, it will probably take off big time.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s what I meant by clear guidance. Asking to see inside people’s shopping bags or going into grocery stores and telling them to remove Easter eggs is over the top. I’m sure this isn’t widespread by the police and I’m sure these incidents will stop.

They don't need a complicated list of 'rules'.    They've got enough on their plate.    Maybe a quick encouragement to be reasonable and then allow them to get on with it.    Absolute backing from the government plus the arsehole media getting off their case.     

The more the police are doubted... the more piss taking will take place.

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Exactly, the Police have a hard enough job controlling the selfish ignorant tw@ts who think the rules don't apply to them as it is, without getting criticism from the media.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I read recently that the Italian people in Lombardy reckon that the Atalanta v Valencia match became a "spread bomb", with 40,000 at the match and many more watching in crowded bars. I think they said the match was played just a few days before they had their first confirmed case, in the region, giving them  little or no prior concern to the match going ahead.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I read recently that the Italian people in Lombardy reckon that the Atalanta v Valencia match became a "spread bomb", with 40,000 at the match and many more watching in crowded bars. I think they said the match was played just a few days before they had their first confirmed case, in the region, giving them  little or no prior concern to the match going ahead.

I saw that report, they think that was probably why Spain was hit hard as well, all those Spanish supporters returning back home and................boom.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Whit? You're Telt what to buy, anaw. So I cannae buy myself an Easter egg, but folk can buy cigarettes.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They don't need a complicated list of 'rules'.    They've got enough on their plate.    Maybe a quick encouragement to be reasonable and then allow them to get on with it.    Absolute backing from the government plus the arsehole media getting off their case.     

The more the police are doubted... the more piss taking will take place.

I don’t really disagree but similarly they must stop doing stupid things. I think they have the backing of most citizens but it’s obviously some of the more ridiculous stuff that they’re doing that will get pounced upon 

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

What about the Italy v Scotland six Nations game, 55,000?

Whit? You're Telt what to buy, anaw. So I cannae buy myself an Easter egg, but folk can buy cigarettes.

As I said I think these are isolated incidents. Nonetheless the police are under the microscope and must behave reasonably. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic