Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

For all those feeling down I think today has been the first day where there has been a glimmer of hope: 

- F1 intervention in the new breathing equipment is a big step forward and could take some or pressure off ICU wards. 

- consortiums building ventilators are really up and running now

- death toll is not increasing in line with projections (I know it will jump up but every day it doesn’t is good news now we are in lockdown)

- testing for frontline NHS is now happening outside the workplace

- the army involvement finally seems to be resolving the PPE to frontline staff (about time)

- 20000 NHS staff returning to help

- government advisor states that rate of infections seems to be slowing slightly as measures of last couple of weeks take effect 

- one week of lockdown done!

- half a million volunteers to ensure the most vulnerable can stay safely at home.  

Not to end on a negative but I know things will get worse before getting better, but it’s important we try and look at some of the positives.  A collective effort is happening across the whole UK and we will beat this together.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

29 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Suppose the problem could be if you either crashed or broke down.

For the tiny amount of traffic on the road there seems to have been quite a number of crashes, with someone even managing to roll their car at balgreen!

Edited by Ribble

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Stupidest post I've seen on here for a while. 

Tbh...I’m not so sure, a wee bit on the fence with this but, a common sense approach should be first and foremost in everyone’s mind.

Let’s say everyone in London (or any largely populated area) decided to head into the country side, chances are that country side would be rammed with people, just look at the roads on any bank holiday weekend etc.....so, the generic advice is don’t do this, hence the advice is to walk out for your exercise.

I am fortunate (well at least I think so) to live in a very small city with is quite remote and, if I took a 10 minute drive in any direction, I will be in the middle of nowhere but, I am under the same advice as anywhere else in the country, don’t drive.  

To put the population in the North of Scotland into perspective, if you drew a line on a map from East to West through Perth, there are more people in the city of Cardiff than there are North of this line.

Of course I don’t feel the need to flaunt the rules regarding the situation we are in, like I said, common sense approach is needed.  Just thought I’d say.

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

To be 21c at the weekend just imagine what it will be like then

21c - where do you stay ? 

says 9 degrees for West Lothian on Saturday for me ?

16 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

21c - where do you stay ? 

says 9 degrees for West Lothian on Saturday for me ?

Must be England then I just seen headline.Had a check it's saying it will be 19c in London on Sunday

Edited by vegas-voss

Back at work tomorrow as part of a skeleton shift. Not sure how this is Ok but apparently they have covered all government guidelines and have been told it is ok.

dobmisterdobster
57 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

China tried that at the start of the outbreak. 🤔

Yeah but you're not allowed say anything negative about China. Only western governments.

16 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Back at work tomorrow as part of a skeleton shift. Not sure how this is Ok but apparently they have covered all government guidelines and have been told it is ok.

What sort of company if you don't mind me asking?

50 minutes ago, Ribble said:

For the tiny amount of traffic on the road there seems to have been quite a number of crashes, with someone even managing to roll their car at balgreen!

If did a food run through to my elderly parents in Glasgow this morning. No police in sight yet all except one D~#k in a blue pickup were driving really well - no wacky races in N Lanarkshire at the old Honeywell site either

Just now, Jeff said:

What sort of company if you don't mind me asking?

Factory that produces petrol pumps :lol:

Non essential shit that shouldve closed when everything else did but didn't and is now asking people to go in.

I didnt really have an excuse to say no. As in no symptoms i feel fine etc.

However in hindsight no one should be outside so not sure how having 40-50 people (skeleton shift) on the factory floor at any one time can be acceptable.

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Non essential shit that shouldve closed when everything else did but didn't and is now asking people to go in.

However in hindsight no one should be outside so not sure how having 40-50 people (skeleton shift) on the factory floor at any one time can be acceptable.

Whistleblow that shit

5 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Yeah this is BS.    Petrol pumps... :rofl:

Petrol demand has tanked.    Petrol pump production is not essential.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah this is BS.    Petrol pumps... :rofl:

Petrol demand has tanked.    Petrol pump production is not essential.

I know mate the company already has had bad publicity for keeping the whole factory running til the very last minute. Basically because there was no clear direction on what work could still take part so they just exploited it. 

I shouldn't have said yes to be fair. I may change my mind as it shouldn't be happening.

Hundreds of thousands of UK citizens to be repatriated in the next few weeks.     That's a tremendous risk to the current distancing regime.    Just think of the scale of infection risk.      This on it's own could clobber the efforts that have been made.

But they need to come back.     You can't quarantine them all.     Surely they have to be tested (antigen and antibody) and isolated if neccesary.    Everyone else told to isolate.     Aye but we'll see.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I know mate the company already has had bad publicity for keeping the whole factory running til the very last minute. Basically because there was no clear direction on what work could still take part so they just exploited it. 

I shouldn't have said yes to be fair. I may change my mind as it shouldn't be happening.

How often do petrol pumps need replaced anyway? Must be often if a factory of that size is needed. 

1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I dare say firms are leveraging people because employees privately worry that they will struggle to access legal and employment tribunal help right now.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

How often do petrol pumps need replaced anyway? Must be often if a factory of that size is needed. 

5 years I think. But we often ask ourselves that. Companies order like 100 pumps then 5 weeks later same order comes in. 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hundreds of thousands of UK citizens to be repatriated in the next few weeks.     That's a tremendous risk to the current distancing regime.    Just think of the scale of infection risk.      This on it's own could clobber the efforts that have been made.

But they need to come back.     You can't quarantine them all.     Surely they have to be tested (antigen and antibody) and isolated if neccesary.    Everyone else told to isolate.     Aye but we'll see.

Should really have places ready for these guys. Quarantine them for a fortnight then send them home

Just now, Victorian said:

I dare say firms are leveraging people because employees privately worry that they will struggle to access legal and employment tribunal help right now.

I don't really mind because im couped up in the house but what I wonder is what incentive there is. Everyone is getting paid 80% at the moment so we're going to go in and work 37.5hrs for 20% of our wage?

5 years I think. But we often ask ourselves that. Companies order like 100 pumps then 5 weeks later same order comes in. 

Is your boss a part of a cartel?

👍 thanks

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Should really have places ready for these guys. Quarantine them for a fortnight then send them home

Some estimates are a million people.    You can't quarantine that many.    They better not just repatriate and forget.

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Is your boss a part of a cartel?

My supervisor is yes. Not sure about big bosses I imagine some of them will be in upstair others will be at home working.

My supervisor is yes. Not sure about big bosses I imagine some of them will be in upstair others will be at home working.

Dundee?

From a quick look online it appears there has been a lot of investment within your workplace.

Who ever knew petrol pump production was so lucrative?!

Stay safe upon your return to work. 👍🏻

Just now, The Roller said:

Dundee?

From a quick look online it appears there has been a lot of investment within your workplace.

Who ever knew petrol pump production was so lucrative?!

Stay safe upon your return to work. 👍🏻

Yes mate bought over from Americans. 

Like both the football clubs :lol:

"New Dundee" 🇺🇸

Mac_fae_Gillie
3 hours ago, graygo said:

Anyone in hospital in Madrid over the age of 65 is being sedated and allowed to die according to this, frightening if true.

Not surprised this is happening but shocked the age is only 65.. always knew this was on the cards if things get bad but was thinking people 80+.

65 is 2years below retirement in UK that is just crazy.

Only deaths from hospitals in the U.K. are currently being recorded.

Is this how Italy and Spain etc report their figures?

34 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I'll have one of your steampunk style ventilators!

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Yes, but I think just about everyone does it as well, that is why nobody will ever really know the true figure of deaths or the real mortality percentage is.

Just off the phone to a girl who works for me sometimes. Her sister has been tested positive and suffers from a medical condition that means her immune system is seriously compromised. Poor girl is in bits as she’s stuck in Edinburgh and wouldn’t get to visit her sister even if she could work out how to get back down south. She’s also in the situation that she is considered in the vulnerable group due to underlying health issues. This thing really is a *******. 

12 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Vallance at todays press conference said they are working to include home deaths and they should be added soon.. He said the numbers are not high. 

46 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The ones who decided to go on holiday despite the pandemic and knowing full well they could get stuck should be left to fend for themselves. The other unlucky sods who where already travelling or went for essential work should be repatriated. 

Imo

43 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Would imagine the field hospitals will be for the less critical. Scot Gov said Glasgow SEC is being transformed with capacity of 1000. Not heard of sites in Edinburgh yet.

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Prince Big Ears has come out of isolation after only 6 days.

:jjno:

That was my first thought. It should be 2 weeks of isolation, no? It's not good to show him out of isolation after only 6 days as others might consider doing the same. What on earth was he thinking?

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yes, but I think just about everyone does it as well, that is why nobody will ever really know the true figure of deaths or the real mortality percentage is.

Cant tell the mortality rate anyway as they have no idea how many folk have covid19.

Deaths is probably the most accurate figure we have.

12 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Hopefully he buggers off back home now. 

Probably spent his days in isolation reminding himself who is next in line to the throne. Maybe that's why he is not following the 14 days advice  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

That was my first thought. It should be 2 weeks of isolation, no? It's not good to show him out of isolation after only 6 days as others might consider doing the same. What on earth was he thinking?

2 weeks if you live with others. He may have feigned it and just wanted a week away from the wife.

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

There's one called the Sick Kids lying empty.

Ventilation issues not been resolved yet though, wonder if work is even ongoing. A real shame the ****ups with that place. I forget what the plans are for the original Sick Kids once the new one does open, maybe they should keep it as a local hospital for the next pandemic.

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, kila said:

Ventilation issues not been resolved yet though, wonder if work is even ongoing. A real shame the ****ups with that place. I forget what the plans are for the original Sick Kids once the new one does open, maybe they should keep it as a local hospital for the next pandemic.

An absolute disgrace. I wonder if the new emergency powers brought in by the UK gov include taking over the running of all devolved NHS services? Could it come to that?

10 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

An absolute disgrace. I wonder if the new emergency powers brought in by the UK gov include taking over the running of all devolved NHS services? Could it come to that?

Have even less hope the UK Gov would sort it, NHS England isn't exactly a show case setup.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic