Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

I feel like posting what ever I like where ever I like so if you have a problem with that then put me on ignore. 

It is people like you who are ignoring the rules and increasing the time it will take to subdue this virus. You ought to be ashamed at your selfishness.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, redjambo said:

It is people like you who are ignoring the rules and increasing the time it will take to subdue this virus. You ought to be ashamed at your selfishness.

Who said I was ignoring the rules? I haven't used my car once since lockdown. I go out for my daily excercise from my house. 

People should stay out of folks business as they have no ****ing idea why a individual might be parked in a certain location. 

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Gotta say, that sounds like they've pretty much done everything we have. Less, even. 

Also getting testing kits from China is not advisable. They are only 30% accurate. The Chinese have also sent PPE stuff to Holland but it's defective as well the masks don't stop the virus so would give the health workers no protection. 

The Mercedes F1 / UCL non-invasive oxygen system looks tremendous news.    Game changing in fact.    Going to production at scale very soon.   All approvals in place.

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Who said I was ignoring the rules? I haven't used my car once since lockdown. I go out for my daily excercise from my house. 

People should stay out of folks business as they have no ****ing idea why a individual might be parked in a certain location. 

I've already shown you, in black and white, that Government rules say that folk shouldn't be using their cars for non-essential business (like exercise). You claimed the contrary and that folk couldn't be blamed for doing so and that police had no right to intervene. This is *exactly* the same argument that is being used by the folk who are out driving unnecessarily. Whether you are or are not doing so yourself, you are supporting those who break the rules.

This isn't all about Orwellian social control or about folk getting high and mighty. This is nice and simply about common sense and us all doing the right thing together to beat this virus.

I can't believe some people still don't get it. The government have treated us as a responsible populace and all we've shown is actually we do need things spelt out for us, our hands held and despite the hoarding of toilet roll...our arses wiped.

Edit: this isn't aimed at you @AlimOzturk btw, just realised it seems like that in the flow of the thread but rather at those who are flocking to parks and the like. I agree with you about those taking pictures from the very places they're moaning about are just as bad.

Edited by Taffin

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've already shown you, in black and white, that Government rules say that folk shouldn't be using their cars for non-essential business (like exercise). You claimed the contrary and that folk couldn't be blamed for doing so and that police had no right to intervene. This is *exactly* the same argument that is being used by the folk who are out driving unnecessarily. Whether you are or are not doing so yourself, you are supporting those who break the rules.

This isn't all about Orwellian social control or about folk getting high and mighty. This is nice and simply about common sense and us all doing the right thing together to beat this virus.

Aii, I didn't know about the rules about driving  so fair enough. Still, folk taking pictures of other folk being in a certain location is fairly ironic. Wtf they there in the first place taking photos? 

Not just the one above but ones on tube trains, buses, beaches ect...

Edited by AlimOzturk

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of your second paragraph, it’s pretty obvious from the photos that idiots are flocking to Strathy Park in their cars.

There are obvious problems associated with social gatherings wether inside or outside.

The second problem is its human nature to say to oneself “ if they can do it then I will do it”.

Then you have huge numbers of people all doing the exact opposite of what they should be doing and this whole damn nightmare gets dragged on for longer than it should.

Its pretty damn selfish behaviour to be honest.

Edited by Vlad Magic

18 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

You will take being stuck in your house for the next 4 months, only being allowed out to do some grocery shopping and a bit of excercise? **** that. 

Who knows if this social distancing/staying at homes will even work. Isn't working in Spain or Italy. Maybe half the population already has it. 

I'll heed the advice for a while longer but **** doing it till August. 

You will do as your told mate. If Boris et all decide the lockdown is till August then that’s just how it is and will have to stay in the house. Laws in place now so it’s not up for debate. 

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Mercedes F1 / UCL non-invasive oxygen system looks tremendous news.    Game changing in fact.    Going to production at scale very soon.   All approvals in place.

Never truer to say "necessity is the mother of invention" just now. As with during wartime (albeit inventions for killing and delivering munitions) technology took massive leaps forward. 

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A device that keeps people out of intensive care. They can make 1000 of them a day and production is due to start next week.

Best piece of news I’ve read since this almighty shitstorm arrived.🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii, I didn't know about the rules about driving  so fair enough. Still, folk taking pictures of other folk being in a certain location is fairly ironic. Wtf they there in the first place taking photos? 

Not just the one above but ones on tube trains, buses, beaches ect...

The photos in Strathclyde park were taken by someone who is local and able to walk there maybe that's the case with the beach photos, maybe any of the others were taken by key workers who need to use public transport to get to work.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

You will do as your told mate. If Boris et all decide the lockdown is till August then that’s just how it is and will have to stay in the house. Laws in place now so it’s not up for debate. 

You don't need to stay in the house all day. You're allowed to leave for exercise, shopping, etc. You just have to be responsible while following the rules and try to minimise social contact. It shouldn't be viewed as incarceration, just as making sacrifices to ensure that we beat this thing.

Laws are *always* up for debate. In this case, however, most people agree that we're doing the right thing. That's not saying though that we shouldn't continue to question what is decided by the Government, just that any questioning should be in the form of debate, not in flouting the rules. That way, we'll shift this thing sooner.

And I say that as an arch rebel.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

They've only said August as an estimate because 'I don't know and neither does anyone else' isn't acceptable for some reason, everyone thinks there's some specific date marked in the diary for this being all over and there's simply not. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They've only said August as an estimate because 'I don't know and neither does anyone else' isn't acceptable for some reason, everyone thinks there's some specific date marked in the diary for this being all over and there's simply not. 

Indeed. If the lockdown goes well, I personally think we will be out of this long before August. However, folk saying August gets us into the mindset that we could be in this for the long-run and gets us to take it seriously rather than adopt the more lackadaisical "Och, it'll be over soon" attitude, so I can see why they've been saying it.

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Never truer to say "necessity is the mother of invention" just now. As with during wartime (albeit inventions for killing and delivering munitions) technology took massive leaps forward. 

From what I gather it's a reverse engineered,  modified version of an existing device.    As Roller says it's an intervention that may reduce ventilation / ICU demand by as much as half.

Potentially 20,000 of these online in a months time.    Add this to the increases in capacity already and the hospital based crisis could be profoundly changed.

...a bit disco
27 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tbf, there isn't really that many shops or chemists in Strathclyde Park.

...a bit disco
Just now, Victorian said:

From what I gather it's a reverse engineered,  modified version of an existing device.    As Roller says it's an intervention that may reduce ventilation / ICU demand by as much as half.

Potentially 20,000 of these online in a months time.    Add this to the increases in capacity already and the hospital based crisis could be profoundly changed.

Could be a minor miracle that the NHS badly needs.

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Seen it on the news this morning health college redesigned existing ones for Mercedes to mass produce.Could save so many lives as it frees up ventilators.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

They're smart cookies these F1 engineers. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

They're smart cookies these F1 engineers. 

Indeed. Hopefully any connections they've made with medical science will continue after the crisis to develop technology in the same way.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, redjambo said:

Indeed. Hopefully any connections they've made with medical science will continue after the crisis to develop technology in the same way.

Probably won't but at least they're stepping up to the plate in times of crisis. 

Also saw on Click last night redesigned ventilators that will cost a fraction of the price ( £1k ) and time to make.They  also use parts that are already widely available to the NHS.

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You don't need to stay in the house all day. You're allowed to leave for exercise, shopping, etc. You just have to be responsible while following the rules and try to minimise social contact. It shouldn't be viewed as incarceration, just as making sacrifices to ensure that we beat this thing.

Laws are *always* up for debate. In this case, however, most people agree that we're doing the right thing. That's not saying though that we shouldn't continue to question what is decided by the Government, just that any questioning should be in the form of debate, not in flouting the rules. That way, we'll shift this thing sooner.

And I say that as an arch rebel.

Your allowed to leave the house once a day to exercise. And yeah you can go and pick up some groceries. Essentially you are gonna be in the house at least 22 hours a day I would imagine. 

Laws are up for debate in general. But I think in this case the Govt has more or less been given a blank sheet to go as far as they wish. 

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I am totally aware there is no specific date in mind. I genuinely worry tho that there are people out there who think “3 weeks and this is all over”. Lockdown has only just begun. 

Later on,  these can be produced in larger numbers and are easily stockpiled for rapid response to further waves or sporadic clusters.     It's just what the NHS needs.     Basically an additional intervention that can change the game.

Imagine all these people who are currently having to walk their own dogs! Before the lockdown I was spending my days walking in the Pentlands, parking at the ski slope, and each day there were 3-4 dog walkers with about 10-15 dogs each. Strangely you never see these pro-level dog walkers picking up the dog poo...guess that is in the premium package?

Jambo-Jimbo

It just gets worse in Spain, 812 deaths in the last 24 hrs.

What must also be a real concern is that there is now over 12,000 healthcare workers who have tested positive, that's some 14% of all those who have tested positive.

16 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Your allowed to leave the house once a day to exercise. And yeah you can go and pick up some groceries. Essentially you are gonna be in the house at least 22 hours a day I would imagine. 

Laws are up for debate in general. But I think in this case the Govt has more or less been given a blank sheet to go as far as they wish. 

Nah, sounds like panic-mongering to me. We British have a tradition of rebelling if things go too far. Currently there appears to be a broad consensus behind the Government's actions (although they were delayed and they did do a u-turn after espousing their original herd immunity approach).

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nah, sounds like panic-mongering to me. We British have a tradition of rebelling if things go too far. Currently there appears to be a broad consensus behind the Government's actions (although they were delayed and they did do a u-turn after espousing their original herd immunity approach).

When? 

Boris fecked up when he said that the populace could go outside for exercise.

All that has resulted in is people ripping the pish in large numbers and going out for day trips all over the shop under the pretence of "we're only exercising, Boris said we could".

The general population are thick as feck and stubborn as a mule. 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You'd think NASA would up for the fight. 

They're at full tilt building a repatriation mission for Trump.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They're at full tilt building a repatriation mission for Trump.

To where? :D

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris fecked up when he said that the populace could go outside for exercise.

All that has resulted in is people ripping the pish in large numbers and going out for day trips all over the shop under the pretence of "we're only exercising, Boris said we could".

The general population are thick as feck and stubborn as a mule. 

You can’t blame the people handing out The advice if arseholes don’t follow it properly.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

When? 

Dont you remember when our Govt tried to take us into Iraq and Afghanistan. A million marched against it and the Govt backed down. It’s a British tradition, just ask Red. 

Just now, TheOak88 said:

Dont you remember when our Govt tried to take us into Iraq and Afghanistan. A million marched against it and the Govt backed down. It’s a British tradition, just ask Red. 

🤔

Got a mate who stays in Blackness. Picturesque wee beach side hamlet in West Lothian. Dozens of visitors by car yesterday including a family of 6 having a picnic on the beach . FFS people !!!

Also, people in Glasgow, and I imagine elsewhere, having house parties. WTAF !!!

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Got a mate who stays in Blackness. Picturesque wee beach side hamlet in West Lothian. Dozens of visitors by car yesterday including a family of 6 having a picnic on the beach . FFS people !!!

There were people sat outside Mussie Harbour this morning next to camper vans.  Welts everywhere.  Will be the same folk complaining that this drags on for weeks longer than it needs to.

6 minutes ago, BlackJAC? said:

There were people sat outside Mussie Harbour this morning next to camper vans.  Welts everywhere.  Will be the same folk complaining that this drags on for weeks longer than it needs to.

This situation is going to need a blanket driving ban. Except  essential users or to and from a supermarket obviously. Boy racer in our main road last night up and down the street for 10 minutes before folk went out and chased him off. What an utter bunch of melts some sections of society are ! 

Edited by JimmyCant

Not looking good for the mother in law. Kidneys are failing and chances of survival have dropped considerably. It sadly doesn’t look like there’s going to be a happy ending to this :(

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Not looking good for the mother in law. Kidneys are failing and chances of survival have dropped considerably. It sadly doesn’t look like there’s going to be a happy ending to this :(

Thats awful Ian, especially as you thought she might have turned a corner. 

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

Just now, iantjambo said:

So sorry to hear that, Ian.

Keep as strong as you can for your wife.

Thoughts and prayers ❤️

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

We came back from Barcelona in mid January and had a shit two weeks with horrendous coughing, a wee temperature and body pain.  

We put it down to flu.

Probably this coronavirus. It seems people will get it and not even realise. Just as long your family took all the usual precautions then everyone should be fine.

Just now, Homme said:

Thats awful Ian, especially as you thought she might have turned a corner. 

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

Just now, The Roller said:

So sorry to hear that, Ian.

Keep as strong as you can for your wife.

Thoughts and prayers ❤️

Thanks lads. My wife is understandably upset and just hoping that she’ll beat the odds.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Shit mate sorry to hear that. Maybe the Mafia thread is an ideal place to take your mind off it for now. Hope you are ok.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic