Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

heatonjambo
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Just heard that there has been a slight improvement on Mrs tjambos mum. 
not even close to being out of the woods yet but it’s a start.

Good news

fingers crossed

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, usagi said:

Hi all

Been following this thread with interest as thing start to get worse in the Britain, praying it doesn't get as bad as here. I live in Manhattan and it's crazy but it's not surprising, any of you who've been here would know what I mean. my girl and me have both been sick for about three day's so far but we're not in the high risk group so should be fine. Unfortunately a close friend of mine is currently on a ventilator and we're really worried about her, she has existing medical issues so scary stuff. I honestly believe the majority of new york probably have the virus and don't even know it. I'm stressing out about my folks in Edinburgh as they're in their eighties, wish I was back home right now. Please take care everyone and stick rigidly to the rules. People not taking this seriously are in for one hell of a shock if scotland comes even close to how nuts it's gotten here. Best wishes all and take care.

Usagi.

❤️

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

❤️

We look pretty good here for a while but suddenly starting to get numbers.

56 minutes ago, usagi said:

Hi all

Been following this thread with interest as thing start to get worse in the Britain, praying it doesn't get as bad as here. I live in Manhattan and it's crazy but it's not surprising, any of you who've been here would know what I mean. my girl and me have both been sick for about three day's so far but we're not in the high risk group so should be fine. Unfortunately a close friend of mine is currently on a ventilator and we're really worried about her, she has existing medical issues so scary stuff. I honestly believe the majority of new york probably have the virus and don't even know it. I'm stressing out about my folks in Edinburgh as they're in their eighties, wish I was back home right now. Please take care everyone and stick rigidly to the rules. People not taking this seriously are in for one hell of a shock if scotland comes even close to how nuts it's gotten here. Best wishes all and take care.

Usagi.

Best of luck.

Try and convince your folks to follow the guidelines rigidly.

Our government are getting there eventually but with the foresight of hindsight should have been a touch quicker on the ball.

But at least we aren't led by that moron Trump.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, The Roller said:

@iantjambo  yeah best wishes to you and your family man. ❤️

@usagi can only imagine what it’s like over there just now. Take care. ❤️

This. Fingers crossed hard for everyone ❤️

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think the post by  @Sooperstar and my reply was a little tongue in cheek. I wish no ill on the man whatsoever, hopefully a quick recovery for him. I’m not saying you were referring to me as one of those posters, but I’m just clarifying my stance on the matter.

👍

skinnybob72

What you need to remember is that folk who are acting like arseholes in the current situation were almost certainly arseholes beforehand - and will continue to be arseholes when it’s all over. 

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, sadj said:

We have a few elderly neighbours but all have bought in to us younger folk doing things for them just now. Been a good community spirit. The only one not being sensible is the 21year old neighbour whos got dealers and idiots in and out his house all day. 

Will we see tests rising or will that continue to be the policy in your opinion?

My cynical self says that if 3.5 million tests become available , they will be used to go "see, we all have it" and used to open up everything again.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

My cynical self says that if 3.5 million tests become available , they will be used to go "see, we all have it" and used to open up everything again.

Surely if the tests are accurate and it suggests a reasonable chunk of the population have had it, we should tentatively start moving in that direction.

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Can't see anything wrong with that to be honest.

WHO press conference is like Eurovision.

Now to

Hello from, can you hear me.

But naturally informative.

Edited by DETTY29

15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Surely if the tests are accurate and it suggests a reasonable chunk of the population have had it, we should tentatively start moving in that direction.

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Can't see anything wrong with that to be honest.

I suspect the good Doctor's cynicism was regarding the veracity of the tests positive results. Were they really positive?

Or perhaps I am being Uber cynical!

Again,   they don't want antibody testing until they know the test works.    The 3.5m tests are ALL for front line workers to ease absence rates and more importantly to gather data on the accuracy of the test.    We wont be seeing the test kits unless they have a miniscule inaccuracy rate.

Edited by Victorian

The Mighty Thor

Italy's numbers. 919 deaths today.

Appalling.

😢

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Jambo-Jimbo

919 deaths in Italy over the last 24 hrs.

FFS it seems to be getting worse day by day in Italy.

And remember that's just the people who have died in hospital.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

4 hours ago, kila said:

So Boris has a pregnant parnter, yet only a few weeks ago he was going around hospitals shaking hands with cornavirus patients and laughing about it at news conference?

I feel very bad for his partner and hope she doesn't get it.

But **** Boris, he's a ***** and he's got this because he's a reckless careless arse. Economy before lives, let's see if he'll be willing to stand by that. My only concern is if he gets it bad he'll take up a ventilator in ICU that a more worthy person should get.

But humanity needed mate. 🤔

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

What you need to remember is that folk who are acting like arseholes in the current situation were almost certainly arseholes beforehand - and will continue to be arseholes when it’s all over. 

A point I made this morning to the woman who rang our doorbell and asked whether we needed anything sharpening.

I'd answered from the upstairs window - I think the whole street could hear me telling her what I thought about the sharpness of her intellect,

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Italy's numbers. 919 deaths today.

Appalling.

😢

Bloody hell.

Absolutely tragic.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, The Roller said:

Bloody hell.

Absolutely tragic.

I really really hope we don't end up with that trajectory. 

It's terrifying. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

919 deaths in Italy over the last 24 hrs.

FFS it seems to be getting worse day by day in Italy.

And remember that's just the people who have died in hospital.

That's frightening.  9,134 in 5 weeks.

Jambo-Jimbo

Infections in Italy also increased, you'd think with the lock-down infections would be deceasing, but they're not, that was another 6,000+ since yesterday.

In Lombardy it was something like 541 deaths in the last 24 hrs.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Infections in Italy also increased, you'd think with the lock-down infections would be deceasing, but they're not, that was another 6,000+ since yesterday.

I blame it on all that outside singing nonsense.  :whistling: 

I know, flippant.

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Without knowing how many were tested it's difficult to read too much into infected figures.

highlandjambo3
37 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Agreed.....

whilst seeing the very best of people as we pull together......  we will also see the very worst scum of the earth.

I said earlier that Italy might end up in more of a plateau than a short peak if it tends to migrate from the north to the other regions.     If we see much more of that in Italy and the worsening picture in France then our lockdown will need to become much more strict and be extended for another month.

53 minutes ago, jake said:

French government in cahoots with big pharmaceutical firms over anti viral stock.

Being reported .

If true its scandalous.

This could be what the EU are all fighting about

This isn't going away any time soon is it? Life on hold for months it would seem chaps. 

😟

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

France extends lockdown by a fortnight.

Just like everything else now just a number no way will France relax things in a fortnight.

Italy's numbers are terrifying, had hoped their tallies were on the way down there after the weekend's numbers. ****.

I've not read much lately on the crisis there other than seeing headlines and that Cuba had sent a bunch of medics to assist. But I presume Italy has no capacity left in that region and it's a case of age cut offs? Did they manage to get more oxygen supplies?

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

This isn't going away any time soon is it? Life on hold for months it would seem chaps. 

😟

Totally all these 2 week extension and 3 weeks for us nonsense.Hopefully it's only the 12 weeks that vulnerable are self isolating for that things change but I can see it being longer than that.

Edited by vegas-voss

Awful news in Italy :(.  Can see the whole of 2020 just written off to be honest.  Might even be able to start the season back up in march next year where we left off! 

The Mighty Thor

46 doctors have died in Italy with over 6,400 health workers have tested positive. 

That's heartbreaking stuff. 

3 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Some people just hate the Tories and will have it no other way 

It's possible to hate the Tories for their policies and still respect them as people

I wish the fanatics on all sides would just pack in their nonsense. 

This is a very human crisis and if we can't stick together on this then it's sad. 

Even Boris has family and friends who will be worried for him. 

Terrible news from Italy and this is now really terrifying. New York as well. 
regardless of anyone’s political views the news about the PM and some of his aides testing positive is very sad and fingers crossed they make a full recovery.

This is not going away any time soon. 
stay safe everybody and stay at home as much as you can. 

I wonder how the UK pop will start to react when we start seeing numbers similar to Italy. Even regular days of 500+ deaths for an extended period if we think we will have lower figures.

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Is running reduced services not just going to make more folk packed into buses 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Borders Buses have been running a reduced service for about a week now have also cancelled several routes, also all NHS staff travel for FREE right now.

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

46 doctors have died in Italy with over 6,400 health workers have tested positive. 

That's heartbreaking stuff. 

As you say just heartbreaking news and those in healthcare in the world risk their lives by going into work to help others.

heroes each and every single one of them the world over 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I wonder how the UK pop will start to react when we start seeing numbers similar to Italy. Even regular days of 500+ deaths for an extended period if we think we will have lower figures.

You really don't want to be going to hospital at the peak so avoidance of infection is a pretty good idea in the 2 weeks prior to the peak.    UK peak is probably 2-3 weeks away.    That should influence anyone regarding their intended behaviour over the next 2 weeks.

The UK had better hope for a peak at all and not a prolonged critical stage.  

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's possible to hate the Tories for their policies and still respect them as people

I wish the fanatics on all sides would just pack in their nonsense. 

This is a very human crisis and if we can't stick together on this then it's sad. 

Even Boris has family and friends who will be worried for him. 

My Mrs sent him a best wishes and a pat on the back for his work during this shte, email. 

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Is running reduced services not just going to make more folk packed into buses 

The buses are pretty much empty 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic