Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

willie wallace
14 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Jump of 165 positive tests and nearly another 20 in ICU.

Chief Medical Officer reckons that over 60000 could have the virus at the moment.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, willie wallace said:

Chief Medical Officer reckons that over 60000 could have the virus at the moment.

Which opinion do you go with the modeller reckon half the country had it by now

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats twice people have mentioned a pregnant partner... does that really make any difference? Are pregnant women more susceptible? I haven’t seen that being a thing. 

I think towards the end of pregnancy (final trimester) women are more likely to get it, body is under a lot of strain at that point and immune system is compromised to some extent. 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Possibly, but the point stands - we aren't seeing these viruses emerge from any tropical countries where the potential for undiscovered viruses exist, so why is it these potential pandemics keep emerging in China?

I think we need to make it clear there will be consequences for this if they don't act.

Didn’t Ebola originate in Africa?

Seems the current climate is causing simpletons to act even more simple.

Just out of Lidl and some muppet was saying stuff under his breath to any Asian folk with masks on. When he was confronted he said nothing. Muppet 

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just heard that there has been a slight improvement on Mrs tjambos mum. 
not even close to being out of the woods yet but it’s a start.

Hope she pulls through mate, take care of the wife, she must be hurting.

Francis Albert
53 minutes ago, kila said:

So Boris has a pregnant parnter, yet only a few weeks ago he was going around hospitals shaking hands with cornavirus patients and laughing about it at news conference?

I feel very bad for his partner and hope she doesn't get it.

But **** Boris, he's a ***** and he's got this because he's a reckless careless arse. Economy before lives, let's see if he'll be willing to stand by that. My only concern is if he gets it bad he'll take up a ventilator in ICU that a more worthy person should get.

Do you really think that is a fair representation of Government policy? There has been a wide range of responses to the crisis and the UK is towards the end of the range that is putting huge sums in, spending an a massive scale, which will devastate the economy for at least a decade.

There is also a wide range of views about what policy will prove the best when we know the outcomes. There is an interesting experiment in Scandinavia. Sweden has left its bars cafes and restaurants etc open and not gone into lockdown. Norway has gone the exact opposite route. We will see.

Edited by Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think towards the end of pregnancy (final trimester) women are more likely to get it, body is under a lot of strain at that point and immune system is compromised to some extent. 

👍🏻Cheers

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hope she pulls through mate, take care of the wife, she must be hurting.

It’s been strange mate. She lives in Luton and the wife and her fell out years ago and hadn’t talked for a long time. They only started talking again in the last year or so. When she heard the news she said she felt bad as she didn’t know how she felt about the news but I knew she was more upset than she was letting on. We were at the window last night showing our respect to the NHS and she burst into tears. I’m glad she’s let her feelings out now.

28 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

In true ‘match thread’ tradition, can I please say :yas:  to this post?

Great news (so far) Ian.  May the improvement continue.  🤞🤞

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I doubt it, and once we have a handle on it we should not admit anyone from China to enter the UK without extensive quarantine until they have.  The arseholes in their government clearly knew about this well into last year and sat on it hoping it would go away.

If you look at it all the new viruses seem to originate from China - sars, bird flu, up to covid-19.  You have to ask yourself why these things are only coming from China?

Some seem to think China is an example we should have followed As you say they suppressed news of the virus even imprisoning some who made early public  warnings. No-one really knows how many in China have died - the lockdown conveniently ended independent news which was already severely restricted. Lock down was relatively easy in a country used to totalitarian measures … they even have recent indeed current experience in locking down and incarcerating millions of Muslim men, women and children in their western provinces for "re-education".

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

In true ‘match thread’ tradition, can I please say :yas:  to this post?

Great news (so far) Ian.  May the improvement continue.  🤞🤞

Cheers Morgan. Hoping for continued improvement 

47 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I'm rooting for her Ian.

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Rising temperatures in the spring and summer months will help people survive and develop immunity.

My point is he’s peddling pish. “We’ll be alright when it gets warmer”. Not gonna stop the spread now is it? “We need people to go back to work” !!! What?

Im genuinely not a fan of the Tories but, despite a slow start they’re doing a decent job. Been impressed with Scots Parliament too

East Lothian Jambo
35 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Do you really think that is a fair representation of Government policy? There has been a wide range of responses to the crisis and the UK is towards the end of the range that is putting huge sums in, spending an a massive scale, which will devastate the economy for at least a decade.

There is also a wide range of views about what policy will prove the best when we know the outcomes. There is an interesting experiment in Scandinavia. Sweden has left its bars cafes and restaurants etc open and not gone into lockdown. Norway has gone the exact opposite route. We will see.

Some people just hate the Tories and will have it no other way 

Салатные палочки

Anyone else beginning to get annoyed with the amount of people out and about quite clearly not giving a shit about the guidance?  

My desk looks on to a main road and I can't quite believe the amount of people that have suddenly taken up walking as a hobby.  Whole families all done up in their cosy jackets and hats, the kids on their bikes, just going out a stroll up the road.  I know we are allowed time to get out and exercise but this is taking the piss.  

My normal route home at night I usually see 2-3 people out walking, mostly dog walkers.  Last night I spotted 17 people out in couples or threes.  I had to slow down and stop at times to get past people/allow people past as some parts don't have a pavement.  

There is absolutely no need for your whole family to be out walking together like its a Christmas morning stroll.  

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

My point is he’s peddling pish. “We’ll be alright when it gets warmer”. Not gonna stop the spread now is it? “We need people to go back to work” !!! What?

Im genuinely not a fan of the Tories but, despite a slow start they’re doing a decent job. Been impressed with Scots Parliament too

This

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Glad to hear, hopefully she's on her feet soon.

Did the weekly shop in Morrison's near Crewe Toll yesterday.

Good system. A one in, one out queue, all standing 6ft+ apart. Plenty of space in the shop itself, everyone keeping their distant but with a smile and humour. Simple and effective strategy at the check outs too. Up and down a couple of aisles with blue spot standing stages to maintain distance then, at it's head, dispersed and guided to the various tills.

There's always one, of course. Back outside a bloke in the queue was shouting loudly at having to stand outside because "ma ****ing wife's a'ready in there".

Hate people who think the world revolves around them and should still, even in trying times.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Good system. A one in, one out queue, all standing 6ft+ apart. Plenty of space in the shop itself, everyone keeping their distant but with a smile and humour. Simple and effective strategy at the check outs too. Up and down a couple of aisles with blue spot standing stages to maintain distance then, at it's head, dispersed and guided to the various tills.

There's always one, of course. Back outside a bloke in the queue was shouting loudly at having to stand outside because "ma ****ing wife's a'ready in there".

Hate people who think the world revolves around them and should still, even in trying times.

Yeah, there always seems to be one. My local Tesco was the same, everything moving along efficiently but some old boy was moaning at the girl on self service as they were only letting around 3 people use the tills at a time. 
I was actually really impressed with how well they were managing their store.

Horatio Caine
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

I was at Morrison's Crewe Toll yesterday.  They wouldn't allow me to jump the queue, even though my wife was in there. ffs

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah, there always seems to be one. My local Tesco was the same, everything moving along efficiently but some old boy was moaning at the girl on self service as they were only letting around 3 people use the tills at a time. 
I was actually really impressed with how well they were managing their store.

Yeah. Hat tip to the staff at Morrisons, too.

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Anyone else beginning to get annoyed with the amount of people out and about quite clearly not giving a shit about the guidance?  

My desk looks on to a main road and I can't quite believe the amount of people that have suddenly taken up walking as a hobby.  Whole families all done up in their cosy jackets and hats, the kids on their bikes, just going out a stroll up the road.  I know we are allowed time to get out and exercise but this is taking the piss.  

My normal route home at night I usually see 2-3 people out walking, mostly dog walkers.  Last night I spotted 17 people out in couples or threes.  I had to slow down and stop at times to get past people/allow people past as some parts don't have a pavement.  

There is absolutely no need for your whole family to be out walking together like its a Christmas morning stroll.  

tou didn’t expect to see more folk out walking when the official guidance is that your only allowed out once on your own or with your family?

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

I was at Morrison's Crewe Toll yesterday.  They wouldn't allow me to jump the queue, even though my wife was in there. ffs

:qqb011:

Horatio Caine

33 deaths in Scotland which, in relation to the number of confirmed cases is a worryingly high percentage.  However, given the Chief Medical person estimates the real number of cases up here at around 65,000 the death rate becomes pretty low.

Just a thought on Boris, I would imagine he will have been in front of the Queen recently with this and Charles she will do well to miss it !!

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

33 deaths in Scotland which, in relation to the number of confirmed cases is a worryingly high percentage.  However, given the Chief Medical person estimates the real number of cases up here at around 65,000 the death rate becomes pretty low.

I would ignore the percentage mate, it really means nothing while we don't test everyone.

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

tou didn’t expect to see more folk out walking when the official guidance is that your only allowed out once on your own or with your family?

I thought it was with one member of your immediate family or who you live with.  I didn't know the whole house was allowed to go out for a stroll.  

Horatio Caine

My next door neighbours - out and in all day in the cars.  They're nice folk and I get on with them fine, but I feel like saying "bloody well stay in!!!"

luckyBatistuta

It’s been strange mate. She lives in Luton and the wife and her fell out years ago and hadn’t talked for a long time. They only started talking again in the last year or so. When she heard the news she said she felt bad as she didn’t know how she felt about the news but I knew she was more upset than she was letting on. We were at the window last night showing our respect to the NHS and she burst into tears. I’m glad she’s let her feelings out now.

She’s definitely moving in the right direction by not bottling it up inside. Hope they are both ok, stay safe pal👍

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

i feel scotland are a few weeks behind both london and the rest of the uk with all of this. so would expect the peak in scotland to happen later than the rest of the uk

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

My next door neighbours - out and in all day in the cars.  They're nice folk and I get on with them fine, but I feel like saying "bloody well stay in!!!"

Ours are the same friends and all in a friendly street but they have had grandparents coming and going from house and kids away with them, absolutely crazy like !!

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

I was in Costa at Corrie Tesco before it shut. Only doing take away and card payments. Chatted to staff, totally understood what they were doing. Boy behind me effing and blinding. “Cannae take cash but you can ******* handle the cups”. Utter welt. No surprise he was wearing a Hibs hat

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I have an elderly neighbour who's the same. Easy in her 80s I offered to pick up her shopping but she insists on being in and out all day getting things.

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i feel scotland are a few weeks behind both london and the rest of the uk with all of this. so would expect the peak in scotland to happen later than the rest of the uk

its because we are not testing.

We are seeing LOADS who almost certainly have it, but are testing NONE of them

davemclaren

Good news. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I was in Costa at Corrie Tesco before it shut. Only doing take away and card payments. Chatted to staff, totally understood what they were doing. Boy behind me effing and blinding. “Cannae take cash but you can ******* handle the cups”. Utter welt. No surprise he was wearing a Hibs hat

Aye. The patient and decent become more so in situ's like this, the aggressive and selfish too, unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

She’s definitely moving in the right direction by not bottling it up inside. Hope they are both ok, stay safe pal👍

Cheers LB. you too bud :)

20 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Just a thought on Boris, I would imagine he will have been in front of the Queen recently with this and Charles she will do well to miss it !!

Last physical contact 12th March.

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I have an elderly neighbour who's the same. Easy in her 80s I offered to pick up her shopping but she insists on being in and out all day getting things.

We have a few elderly neighbours but all have bought in to us younger folk doing things for them just now. Been a good community spirit. The only one not being sensible is the 21year old neighbour whos got dealers and idiots in and out his house all day. 

Will we see tests rising or will that continue to be the policy in your opinion?

16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

its because we are not testing.

We are seeing LOADS who almost certainly have it, but are testing NONE of them

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Last physical contact 12th March.

Same kinda time for Charles aswell I think so hopefully ok !!

26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I thought it was with one member of your immediate family or who you live with.  I didn't know the whole house was allowed to go out for a stroll.  

Pretty sure is said you can exercise outside once per day with those within your household...ie the whole house 

Can't remember exactly TBF; but I've seen a lot of it too and it annoys me as they take up loads of space making it hard to keep a distance from them.

Hi all

Been following this thread with interest as thing start to get worse in the Britain, praying it doesn't get as bad as here. I live in Manhattan and it's crazy but it's not surprising, any of you who've been here would know what I mean. my girl and me have both been sick for about three day's so far but we're not in the high risk group so should be fine. Unfortunately a close friend of mine is currently on a ventilator and we're really worried about her, she has existing medical issues so scary stuff. I honestly believe the majority of new york probably have the virus and don't even know it. I'm stressing out about my folks in Edinburgh as they're in their eighties, wish I was back home right now. Please take care everyone and stick rigidly to the rules. People not taking this seriously are in for one hell of a shock if scotland comes even close to how nuts it's gotten here. Best wishes all and take care.

Usagi.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic