Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Savage Vince
40 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We were in a race against existing and new variants, with our vaccines. The less numbers that got in with the Delta variant, the less it had the chance to outpace the vaccination program. Honestly, you say he's made an erse of it yet you are displaying THE EXACT SAME THINKING. 🙄As for re-writing history, I put money on it right now that once GB News seeps its insidious 24/7 bullshit into the gullible minds of its viewers, they will be pushing a far different story of the pandemic...

....migrants....statues..... kneeling doon.....Meghan....

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There was a lot more emphasize today on having to live with it and putting up with some deaths.

Even Whitty and Vallance were saying it

Maybe have to put up with some kind of restrictions for a while as well I would guess.

They surely can't remove all restrictions in a matter of weeks with a new variant on the go.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Are you one of those social inadequates who goes to the pub with a crowd and sits head buried in His phone for 3 hours ? How do you know if you’ve been at a good night out ? Read about it in Facebook on the way home. Fecking annoying behaviour. Had to be said 

FUD ! Not reading the room at all 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe have to put up with some kind of restrictions for a while as well I would guess.

They surely can't remove all restrictions in a matter of weeks with a new variant on the go.

The plan seems to be to give them another 4 weeks to double dose everyone over 40 and single dose everyone over 18, then open up and put up with some deaths

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Should have banned all those Indians coming back into the country, residents or not

Now we're talking.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The plan seems to be to give them another 4 weeks to double dose everyone over 40 and single dose everyone over 18, then open up and put up with some deaths

Yeah it's beginning to sound and look that way after tonight's briefing.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wind your feckin neck in! I've posted many times before that he's made a roarin' erse of it, as has Sturgeon who is RESPONSIBLE for Scotland's response and outcomes.

The Indian variant was here weeks before anyone mentioned border closures. Moray had the first outbreak of the Indian variant don't forget, all because of one selfish family who didn't self-isolate after returning from India.  

When will folk start to realise that you can't keep a virus out by closing borders. It's a lazy, uninformed re-writing of history.

Well said 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

In four weeks time is he really going to be able to lift all restrictions when this new variant is obviously still going to be very much about ?

The fact that all restrictions means lifting absolutely everything as far as I am aware is it feasible to see full football stadiums, indoor concerts, no social distancing in pubs etc. a few weeks from now ? 

Yes, I think so. Once everyone over 40 is double vaccinated and the over 18s with one, there is no reason for restrictions.  We've already had packed club nights, snooker and football stadiums...with no ill effects. Again, the PM has been over cautious as a result of the modelling which doesn't appear to bear any credible resemblance to reality.

Previously they were modelling 4k deaths a day and overwhelmed hospitals and it never, ever transpires, thankfully. 

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They just said on ITV at the end of the Poland game, that it's been confirmed that 45,000 will be at the Semis and Final.

I wonder what they will allow at Wimbledon for the tennis 

Full capacity for the Gentlemen  and Ladies finals. 

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip. Had we had a real leader like a Thatcher or a Blair in charge, we would have been finished with Covid, and advising/helping the rest of the world,  a long time ago.

Agree they would have led this better (although we'd probably still be in EU and not as far advanced with the vaccine ironically) but we needed a zero covid*/elimination strategy last year. I'm sure you were a Great Barrington Declaration advocate so sounds like a bit of revisionism on your part there.

Our inept lockdowns and border controls have played havoc with businesses and people's mental health. We could have been living near normally within the UK if we had done this right but Johnson and his government have f'd it, bar the vaccine and even then, they have let the virus overtake it.

*doesn't mean zero cases but getting cases close to zero and have a robust track and trace system to isolate cases.

Jambo-Jimbo

Not seen a post about this, but some really good news which seems to have been missed.

PHE has released new information about vaccine efficacy against the Delta variant.

After 2 doses the Pfizer vaccine was 96% effective against hospitalisation compared to the Alpha variant & the AZ/Oxford vaccine was 92% effective.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

The 92% effectiveness of the AZ/Oxford vaccine is updated from the initial 60% which has been widely reported for the last few weeks, although most media outlets forgot to mention that this 60% figure was an interim figure and it was expected that the real efficacy of the AZ/Oxford vaccine would have been much higher, which it has turned out to be.

Francis Albert
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

Boris saying we are going to have to learn to live with the virus.

That clearly means we are never going back to life pre-pandemic.

We learnt to live with flu which kills thousands every year, tens of thousands quite often.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not seen a post about this, but some really good news which seems to have been missed.

PHE has released new information about vaccine efficacy against the Delta variant.

After 2 doses the Pfizer vaccine was 96% effective against hospitalisation compared to the Alpha variant & the AZ/Oxford vaccine was 92% effective.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

The 92% effectiveness of the AZ/Oxford vaccine is updated from the initial 60% which has been widely reported for the last few weeks, although most media outlets forgot to mention that this 60% figure was an interim figure and it was expected that the real efficacy of the AZ/Oxford vaccine would have been much higher, which it has turned out to be.

A good example of where the scary news is seldom corrected and certainly never so prominently when it is proven to be wildly wrong.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You've been a beacon of light in the darkness of this thread, Jimbo. 👍

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Great news and a huge leap from the 33% protection offered by just a single dose. Shows the importance of getting adults double dunted ASAP.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

double dunted

:sob:

A distant memory.

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Good news.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was their initial first dose efficacy percentages wrong as well or just in regards to two doses?

Although all AZ folk will be double dosed now as those not double dosed will be Pfizer in the main now due to being low priority?

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Was their initial first dose efficacy percentages wrong as well or just in regards to two doses?

Although all AZ folk will be double dosed now as those not double dosed will be Pfizer in the main now due to being low priority?

Over 40s got the AZ. Some of my mates in their early 40s just got dose 1 in the last couple of weeks.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm AZ and have 9 weeks to wait for my second dunt assuming a 12 week gap between dunts.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Over 40s got the AZ. Some of my mates in their early 40s just got dose 1 in the last couple of weeks.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm AZ and have 9 weeks to wait for my second dunt assuming a 12 week gap between dunts.

Wow, thought we were well ahead of that. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Unfortunately not, and I'm closer to 50 than 40.

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Unfortunately not, and I'm closer to 50 than 40.

Getting my 2nd AZ tomorrow, 11 weeks after the first…and I’m closer to 60 than 50 ! 🥴

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Similar situation for me, mid 40's and not due my second AZ jab for another 9 weeks.

There are walk up vaccine centres in Glasgow but still need to wait at least 10 weeks from 1st jab, before they'll do the 2nd.

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

england i believe are, scotland not so.

i.e. im under 40 no medical conditions etc and got my 2nd dose at the weekend (im in england), yes i did manage to find somewhere that had spare doses they were offering but i was 4 weeks between doses

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They are trying to cut that gap to 8 weeks with appts.

Anyone with AZ and now 8 weeks plus can go to a drop in centre, even with appt letter, as long as they are open

Doesn't help you GT for now, but you really should be getting a 2nd date soon.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Similar situation for me, mid 40's and not due my second AZ jab for another 9 weeks.

There are walk up vaccine centres in Glasgow but still need to wait at least 10 weeks from 1st jab, before they'll do the 2nd.

Isn't it 8 weeks?

If anyone is past 8 weeks for AZ dose 2 please get to EICC, Gyle or Pyramids (and Gorebridge) for Edinburgh, Lothians.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

They are trying to cut that gap to 8 weeks with appts.

Anyone with AZ and now 8 weeks plus can go to a drop in centre, even with appt letter, as long as they are open

Doesn't help you GT for now, but you really should be getting a 2nd date soon.

Cheers, Detty.

I'm off back to sea in around 7 weeks time so I was planning on pitching up at one of the drop in centres in 2 or 3 weeks time and chancing my arm.

I'll need to undergo a load of tests etc in the preceding few weeks to be allowed to travel to the vessel, and any covid symptoms, even those caused by the vaccine, would see me beached.

I'd ideally like to be jagged up early so I have a clear run at it.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Getting my 2nd AZ tomorrow, 11 weeks after the first…and I’m closer to 60 than 50 ! 🥴

Had you pegged as younger than that, Boab, such is your spritely posting.

You must be rapidly approaching your prime, though, so hopefully suffer no ill effects from tomorrows jag. 👍

Jambo-Jimbo
36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Neither, as far as I'm concerned.

The 33% first dose effectiveness is AFAIK still the same, the second dose figures were and it was mentioned at the time, interim figures which in some quarters of the media & public panicked when they seen the 60% for the AZ vaccine, despite it being mentioned that both the Pfizer at 88% and AZ at 60% were initial findings and that those figures would probably increase in the coming weeks, especially in the case of the AZ vaccine as that took longer than the Pfizer vaccine to reach it's full efficacy.

26 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Cheers, Detty.

I'm off back to sea in around 7 weeks time so I was planning on pitching up at one of the drop in centres in 2 or 3 weeks time and chancing my arm.

I'll need to undergo a load of tests etc in the preceding few weeks to be allowed to travel to the vessel, and any covid symptoms, even those caused by the vaccine, would see me beached.

I'd ideally like to be jagged up early so I have a clear run at it.

NHS staff were getting dose 2 of AZ after only 4 weeks at the start, so there is a good efficacy even with a short timeline.

8 weeks though is deemed as best gap for full efficacy.

I'm sure if you popped up to Gyle after a 6 week gap, told a wee porky about when you were going overseas, you would be taken, but warned that you were missing out on best protection.

Jeffros Furios

Had my second Bill Gates/George Soros/Great Reset/5g/Sturgeon chip on Sunday 60 days after initial dose ,

And apart from hallucinating  that Sturgron was coming at me with a strap on I've been OK. 

Just a shame the Sturgeon part was merely a dream :stantoned:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

NHS staff were getting dose 2 of AZ after only 4 weeks at the start, so there is a good efficacy even with a short timeline.

8 weeks though is deemed as best gap for full efficacy.

I'm sure if you popped up to Gyle after a 6 week gap, told a wee porky about when you were going overseas, you would be taken, but warned that you were missing out on best protection.

Yeh that's the plan. Not too fussed about the best protection either. Some is better than none, and I'm sure there will be a round of boosters to come before this winter's flu season.

Got a feeling the human form of this virus is going to run around amongst the nippers for a couple of years, before mutating itself into something less disagreeable.

I'm not so optimistic about the situation in countries with unvaccinated populations and the higher transmission rates that go with that.

38 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Had you pegged as younger than that, Boab, such is your spritely posting.

You must be rapidly approaching your prime, though, so hopefully suffer no ill effects from tomorrows jag. 👍

All planned oot !

Jab Wednesday, feel like I’ve taken a beating all day Thursday and back to full match fitness for Friday night’s chicanery !

👍

Oh, and use Saturday’s hangover as a post-jab reaction so I can lie about watching football all day !

She’ll see through that mind !

Edited by Boab

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

All planned oot !

Jab Wednesday, feel like I’ve taken a beating all day Thursday and back to full match fitness for Friday night’s chicanery !

👍

:sweeet:

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

All planned oot !

👍

What's happening on Friday, Boab?🙄

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I got my first AZ March 27th. I got my second June the 1st. It was 9 weeks and 3 days between both vaccinations. Both at the younger building at the Gyle.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What's happening on Friday, Boab?🙄

Some wee game or other !

Mate’s sweating a bit as his is Thurs night !

He’ll need to man up come Friday !

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I got my first AZ March 27th. I got my second June the 1st. It was 9 weeks and 3 days between both vaccinations. Both at the younger building at the Gyle.

I assume a hardy old salt like yourself shrugged both jags off without so much as a sweaty forehead.

Israel ending their mask requirement indoors from today I believe.

We'll get that in July. Not long folks, we're almost out of it.

37 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yeh that's the plan. Not too fussed about the best protection either. Some is better than none, and I'm sure there will be a round of boosters to come before this winter's flu season.

Got a feeling the human form of this virus is going to run around amongst the nippers for a couple of years, before mutating itself into something less disagreeable.

I'm not so optimistic about the situation in countries with unvaccinated populations and the higher transmission rates that go with that.

We absolutely cannot forget about the rest of the world once we are out of this mess. Not just because of the inequality of us selfishly getting back to our lives without a care for those still in the shit, but also because we still need to reduce the potential for any future mutations developing that seriously reduce the vaccine efficacy. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Gizmo said:

We absolutely cannot forget about the rest of the world once we are out of this mess. Not just because of the inequality of us selfishly getting back to our lives without a care for those still in the shit, but also because we still need to reduce the potential for any future mutations developing that seriously reduce the vaccine efficacy. 

Agreed.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I think you might be pleasantly surprised GT i only waited eight weeks between mine got the second one two weeks ago. Ignore GT just saw the other posts giving the same advice  doh

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, Boab said:

Some wee game or other !

Mate’s sweating a bit as his is Thurs night !

He’ll need to man up come Friday !

😂. Good luck with the jab tomorrow! Yes, your mate will need to ignore any symptoms and take one for the team. 👍

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂. Good luck with the jab tomorrow! Yes, your mate will need to ignore any symptoms and take one for the team. 👍

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic