Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, kila said:

This thread really needs a new cast or it's going to get cancelled.

If it was Netflix it would have been chucked out after 30 pages, max.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, kila said:

This thread really needs a new cast or it's going to get cancelled.

😂 

024069CC-6139-40FF-9287-CA37D4CDE22D.gif

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Leitch says the delta variant is more likely to lead to hospitalisation than previous, albeit its very marginal apparently. 

80% country first dosed and over 50% double dose. The key to being moving to next stage is getting the double doses done. Though no view given on when that would be as need to understand data. 

Hopefully any delays to reopening are minimal as we get through the vaccine programme.

Didn't catch Sturgeon properly on Tuesday as I was listening on the bus and the pub beckoned but while deaths, ICU and length of stay in hospital way down, general admissions were c50% rate of where we we were at start if January.

Some of the guys on here who watched the stats and trends from January may be able to comment on how bad 50% reduction still could be.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Leitch says the delta variant is more likely to lead to hospitalisation than previous, albeit its very marginal apparently. 

80% country first dosed and over 50% double dose. The key to being moving to next stage is getting the double doses done. Though no view given on when that would be as need to understand data. 

Hopefully any delays to reopening are minimal as we get through the vaccine

Double

Edited by DETTY29

The only excuse the government have left to delay 'freedom' day is the Indian variant and that was largely their own doing.

Instead it's to 'allow more people to be vaccinated'. People have taken up the vaccine in unprecedented numbers and are not getting their freedoms back in return. If the projections didn't show them achieving the number of vaccinations that appear to be key to the removal of restrictions by 21st of June then they should have chosen a date that aligned to that number being hit. They can't say people didn't take it up as quickly as they'd have like, those taking it will have surpassed any reasonable projections.

After the delay, it will be something else. I'm now certain of it, it's a never ending one directional social contract. 'do this and you can have that'. 'actually no you can't, you now need to do this as well to get it'.

Edited by Taffin

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The only excuse the government have left to delay 'freedom' day is the Indian variant and that was largely their own doing.

Instead it's to 'allow more people to be vaccinated'. People have taken up the vaccine in unprecedented numbers and are not getting their freedoms back in return. If the projections didn't show them achieving the number of vaccinations that appear to be key to the removal of restrictions by 21st of June then they should have chosen a date that aligned to that number being hit. They can't say people didn't take it up as quickly as they'd have like, those taking it will have surpassed any reasonable projections.

After the delay, it will be something else. I'm now certain of it, it's a never ending one directional social contract. 'do this and you can have that'. 'actually no you can't, you now need to do this as well to get it'.

The two are linked. We have a new variant and it is more resistant to a single dose of vaccine. Therefore we need more people to be fully vaccinated. 

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Looks like it.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

we’ll be moving towards winter soon after however long this delay is - that could easily be a “something else” so freedom day whenever it is might only be temporary

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

we’ll be moving towards winter soon after however long this delay is - that could easily be a “something else” so freedom day whenever it is might only be temporary

Soon be the longest day then the nights will be fair drawing in.

40 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The two are linked. We have a new variant and it is more resistant to a single dose of vaccine. Therefore we need more people to be fully vaccinated. 

It is yes, but who's fault is that? The only people who've put the dates at risk are the people who picked the dates in the first place.

Come second vaccinations they'll just find something else...also probably their own doing. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Hopefully any delays to reopening are minimal as we get through the vaccine programme.

I wouldn’t believe a single word that charlatan says . There was a no contract about how much percentage of the pop needed the vaccination so we could then fully open up or at least level zero . Everyone has done their bit 

45 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I agree ..it seems a never ending moving of the goals . When will people say enough is enough . Like I said most people have taken up the vaccine , many with hesistancy but nonetheless did it . It’s time the Govt ( both ones ) accept certain levels of deaths , hospital admissions etc . I won’t be surprised that there may be a “ spike “ In a few weeks due to football then its back to square one again . 

JudyJudyJudy

Jesus this thread us fairly depressing this morning ! Come on guys let’s support our national team today  . Cheer ourselves up ! 
😂👍😎🥃👠🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

707E66B7-BF17-4CF7-A63B-5D537BF331A4.gif

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Jesus this thread us fairly depressing this morning ! Come on guys let’s support our national team today  . Cheer ourselves up ! 
😂👍😎🥃👠🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

707E66B7-BF17-4CF7-A63B-5D537BF331A4.gif

:greatpost:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴

I can relate to the frustration and to the fatigue of waiting for the end of restrictions.  I can't understand some of the fatalism and naked paranoia about governments continuing restrictions in perpetuity,  especially on a bogus prospectus.

Governments want this over as soon as is humanly possible.  Just as soon as you do.  Blubbering about perpetual restrictions 'cos they just want to control us is one step away from a rubber room.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I can relate to the frustration and to the fatigue of waiting for the end of restrictions.  I can't understand some of the fatalism and naked paranoia about governments continuing restrictions in perpetuity,  especially on a bogus prospectus.

Governments want this over as soon as is humanly possible.  Just as soon as you do.  Blubbering about perpetual restrictions 'cos they just want to control us is one step away from a rubber room.

And delaying putting India on the red list helped them achieve that how?

It's not a (non) decision I'd associate with people concerned about variants and meeting their target date but I'm sure you'll be able to illuminate what I'm missing there and why it would support the assertion that they want this over as soon as humanly possible.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Apparently smartphones are allowed in rubber rooms these days.

It's great, it means you don't need a phone cover or screen protector. I just chuck it at the floor carefree when I fail to see the wisdom of the UK government and their decisions 

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's great, it means you don't need a phone cover or screen protector. I just chuck it at the floor carefree when I fail to see the wisdom of the UK government and their decisions 

Mind and not blubber, though. 👍

Mind and not blubber, though. 👍

Can't promise anything. Is that one of the new 'cold-like' symptoms?

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Taffin said:

Can't promise anything. Is that one of the new 'cold-like' symptoms?

I don't know, they're keeping the list on the qt. 🤷‍♂️

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Anyone seen the Nepal variant? 

That was the Sherpa Tenzing variant first discovered at the summit next to the "please remove all empty beer cans" sign.

Not sure what happened,  it was meant to be a hybrid variant that Neil Ferguson estimated was 0% - 100% more transmissible. Maybe it will magically reappear next time continuing lockdown needs to be justified

professorfate

I must admit I am getting worried that Edinburgh will be put in level 3 soon we 13 on the top hotspots on the uk for cases. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

So your not bothered about businesses  or people’s lives going to pot , mass unemployment , not forgetting the mass debt of furlough which is going to take years to pay back . I all this concerns most decent people 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So your not bothered about businesses  or people’s lives going to pot , mass unemployment , not forgetting the mass debt of furlough which is going to take years to pay back . I all this concerns most decent people 

The other issue with furlough,  apart from the the obvious unsustainable economic cost, is that a lot of workers are happy sitting getting paid for doing feck all, unaware that their jobs may well be gone by the end of the year. 

Hospitality are crying out for staff now but can't get them, partly because some of those on furlough are happy to continue rather than look for other work

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's not a (non) decision I'd associate with people concerned about variants and meeting their target date but I'm sure you'll be able to illuminate what I'm missing there and why it would support the assertion that they want this over as soon as humanly possible.

Criminally negligent, as Boris ****ing dithered again. This is 100% why "freedom day" is being delayed.

Still, I'm sure the usual suspects will be along soon enough to tell us how it's all a nefarious plot by the S Govt for power and control or something. 

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Great post. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The other issue with furlough,  apart from the the obvious unsustainable economic cost, is that a lot of workers are happy sitting getting paid for doing feck all, unaware that their jobs may well be gone by the end of the year. 

Hospitality are crying out for staff now but can't get them, partly because some of those on furlough are happy to continue rather than look for other work

Your so right Enzo spoke to a few workers who are now back actually working and not liking it at all ! 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The international travel mistakes are what they are.  Mistakes.  That doesn't do anything to explain why governments would wish to find excuse after excuse to prolong restrictions,  simply because they want to control populations,  etc.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Government **** ups aside,  when restrictions can be removed,  they'll be removed.  What will people do with their paranoid ramblings when they discover that governments have relaxed their controls? 

JudyJudyJudy

Woo hoo Jesus that woman in the white dress looks even better than in 1977 ! Pubs are busy , excitement building. Come on Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

45 minutes ago, professorfate said:

I must admit I am getting worried that Edinburgh will be put in level 3 soon we 13 on the top hotspots on the uk for cases. 

I will be very surprised if any area moves back up a level now. I think we're past that stage.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, redjambo said:

I will be very surprised if any area moves back up a level now. I think we're past that stage.

Agree completely 👍

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The international travel mistakes are what they are.  Mistakes.  That doesn't do anything to explain why governments would wish to find excuse after excuse to prolong restrictions,  simply because they want to control populations,  etc.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

I blame the popularity of dystopian science fiction films myself. People are starting to conflate fiction with reality.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What will people do with their paranoid ramblings ? 

Invent a new variant to be terrified of.

I don't think anyone has showed "terror" at any of the new variants, just caution. The extreme emotions tend to come from those who argue on the other side.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I don't think anyone has showed "terror" at any of the new variants, just caution. The extreme emotions tend to come from those who argue on the other side.

Shhh, he's got his spoon oot!

Governor Tarkin
Just now, redjambo said:

Whataboutery, red. :(

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

you mean the upsilon or tarkin variant?

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Experience, Gov.

You're protesting too much, red. :(

You're protesting too much, red. :(

:D God love you.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D God love you.

Some **** has to, red, and it might as well be the top man. :) 👍

Some **** has to, red, and it might as well be the top man. :) 👍

:) :thumb:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, professorfate said:

I doubt it.

We’ll just crack on.

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you mean the upsilon or tarkin variant?

I'm waiting for the Enzo Chiefo variant.

Symptoms include waking up in the morning with a conviction for right and wrong, a healthy disdain for whingeing lefties and workshy, woke, scroungers, an admirable protestant work ethic, and a penchant for critical thinking.

Hopefully it'll be resistant to vaccines.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm waiting for the Enzo Chiefo variant.

Symptoms include waking up in the morning with a conviction for right and wrong, a healthy disdain for whingeing lefties and workshy, woke, scroungers, an admirable protestant work ethic, and a penchant for critical thinking.

Hopefully it'll be resistant to vaccines.

🤣🤣. Already circulating widely in the south of Edinburgh and Angle Park Terrace area, Guv. Hopefully we reach herd immunity at the earliest opportunity. 👍

Scottish numbers: 14 June 2021

Summary

• 761 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-275; up from 641 a week ago]
  • 15,781 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-7,075]
    • 5.2% of these were positive [+0.2%]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [=]
  • 17 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [up 4 from Friday]
  • 128 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [down 4 from Friday]
  • 3,517,668 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,446,834 have received their second dose [+20,381; +21,009]

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic