Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

dobmisterdobster
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Hard to believe really isn't it?

"Heat will save us"

Rising temperatures in the spring and summer months will help people survive and develop immunity.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, southcap said:

So we are truly now a nation of benefit claimants.

It's amazing how many people demonise those on benefits until they need it themselves. 

Looking for a fight type post

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

80% of smokers, not 80% of the pop

He has indeed

Not sure he has. His figures show c.55% of smokers are male. Ergo, nowhere near 80%.

2 hours ago, flecktimus said:

We have made a loss for the last 3 years as we have reinvested to bring our Hotel up to standard, so it looks like we will get nada, nil, zilch

That's a tough one mate, hopefully you get through this relatively unscathed and can start building again.

When this is over I'll make a point of booking a wee break at your hotel with the Mrs, would be good to catch up with you and J and every little helps as they say.

Just been to Tesco and everything felt so surreal. To be fair, the store is completely on the ball. Only letting so many in at a time, markings on the floor to ensure people are adhering to social distancing and the distinctive smell of disinfectant.

Some old boy still had a paddy though because he was told to wait while the self service area cleared a bit. Auld tit!

Tommy Brown
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not sure he has. His figures show c.55% of smokers are male. Ergo, nowhere near 80%.

No 1 on Luckys WHO link does say globally 200m woman of 1 billion smokers.

45 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The latest video summarising Trump's dealings of this emergency.

He's brilliant.

An absolute fool but watching and listening to him is just gold. 

I got contacted by Sainsbury saying I am a priority customer for home delivery based on the information held from their database. How the feck do they work that out? I am under 50 and although do have an  underlying health condition I haven't disclosed anything that would suggest I'm vulnerable.  

Francis Albert

Corbyn claims government spending on the Coronavirus crisis proves he was right on his public spending policies in the last two elections. 

I can't wait for Labour to elect a leader with half a brain.

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I got contacted by Sainsbury saying I am a priority customer for home delivery based on the information held from their database. How the feck do they work that out? I am under 50 and although do have an  underlying health condition I haven't disclosed anything that would suggest I'm vulnerable.  

the government have provided that info to supermarkets to help them prioritise those thatneed help

Hope he's ok.

Who's the deputy PM? Literally forgotten. Because there is no DPM.

Edited by ri Alban

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Hope he's ok.

Who's the deputy PM? Literally forgotten.

I think Dominic Raab was designated the standby person during this crisis.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I think Dominic Raab was designated the standby person during this crisis.

Aa shit!

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

How did he get a test?

Maybe being a very important person has something to do with it, i would imagine.

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Boris has tested positive

:peepwall:

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

How did he get a test?

This

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

How did he get a test?

Bojo - Mild symptoms - have a test....

Normal person - Icu - well we will maybe test you.

i know thats an exaggeration but its how it feels to people

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe being a very important person has something to do with it, i would imagine.

He is no more important than you or I Harry , by being tested with mild symptoms it stops others more in need being tested. 

Find this really insulting and evil when these rich elite come out with "oh look, this virus knows no boundaries, it infects us the super rich and elite just as much as it infects the scum plebs"... 

I mean, Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister of the country so considering he is pretty much integral to everything that happens (in theory anyways) then him getting a test is pretty reasonable in the circumstances.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Tested on the advice of the chief medical officer 

Oh well any of us with mild symptoms can ask the CMO and we can get a test then huh!!! 

No problem whatsoever that he was tested.    Complaining about that is really,  really silly.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they arrange a form of emergency care in Downing Street as a provision.    

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

I mean, Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister of the country so considering he is pretty much integral to everything that happens (in theory anyways) then him getting a test is pretty reasonable in the circumstances.

Is it though? We dont live in a world where he needs to be in contact with people he can do everything as he is now via video calls etc. The only difference is instead of self isolating with mild symptoms , he has been tested then told to say self isolating. Ie wasting a test that could have been used on someone more in need. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Exactly, not going to get outraged that the prime minister gets a test.  Charles on the other hand. ..

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Boris has looked like he had the flu for a couple of weeks so no shocker.

He denied he was close to the Tory MP that got it at a meeting but they were together. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He denied he was close to the Tory MP that got it at a meeting but they were together. 

He was standing right next to the chancellor when they we're clapping last night.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

He is no more important than you or I Harry , by being tested with mild symptoms it stops others more in need being tested. 

Of course he is and only a right weirdo would think otherwise. All world leaders regardless of political persuasion should be treated differently. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Exactly, not going to get outraged that the prime minister gets a test.  Charles on the other hand. ..

I don’t think Sooperstar was being serious and complaining, just a little tongue in cheek.

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris tests positive

:rofl:

No need for laughing emoji. Hope nobody in your family gets it. 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the government have provided that info to supermarkets to help them prioritise those thatneed help

In that case might just take them up on their offer. I also just checked with my employer and they have told me I still need to self isolate until they contact me. There's only so much Netflix that I can take. Already watched the entire Saw collection from my DVD rack  (well 1-5) stopped watching when it got to 6 as it was getting as tedious as the Elm Street films. I've watched the '98 final again, which brought back many happy memories and have watched the team bus vids on YouTube. I have also watched the 2012 final match build up vids. You can can see how well prepared we were for that one. Now thinking about watching some football hooligan films, I have the Football Factory, Green Street The Firm (the Nick Love one) all to watch.   

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Boris has looked like he had the flu for a couple of years so no shocker.

Ftfy.

Getting seriously ****ed off with having to queue for ages to get into the shops.

All I wanted yesterday was s chocolste yazoo and a packet of Monster Munch ffs yet the queue was along the street!

🤬🤬🤬

Francis Albert

13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Tested on the advice of the chief medical officer 

One of the many key people the PM needs to meet in dealing with the crisis. Only question is whether he should have been tested earlier. Like others I thought he hadn't been looking too good recently … I put it down to the strain.

Edited by Francis Albert

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Government told them.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic