Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

highlandjambo3
On 12/05/2021 at 17:02, Brighton Jambo said:

She will bottle it as can you imagine the fall out if she has to tell Glaswegians to stay behind the rest of Scotland.  

But haven’t they always been behind the rest of Scotland 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

Would be pointless as i'm not taking the jab Jizmo.

Away and play with yer tampon ya mad sheep.

Triggered.png

Odd how abusive you've become whilst claiming I'm triggered...  

giphy.gif

Edited by Gizmo

14 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

But haven’t they always been behind the rest of Scotland 

Mentally and Hygienically yes they have. 

Enzo Chiefo
55 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure this protest was all well intentioned, but all it did was defer the deportation, which will happen during the night any time without notice.

They'll be in and out like the SAS.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Enjoy your agitating 

I'm just going for the atmosphere, bud. 🤷‍♂️

That’s Glasgow figures away higher than Moray now 

If they weren’t letting Moray come down a tier then Glasgow won’t be coming down now 

Ron Burgundy
54 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The above post has to be a wind-up!

:clyay:

If not - what an absolute roaster!

Has to be. 

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I would be amazed if they didn’t drop Glasgow down a tier. I think we might see some postcode lockdown or something as compromise 

I’m in Glasgow as we speak for work and it’s packed. Every outside table full I people waiting on seat to become available. 
It’s much busier than Edinburgh and I agree I’d be shocked if they don’t bring Glasgow down a tier but easy to see how it’s spreading as like I said place is really busy 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure this protest was all well intentioned, but all it did was defer the deportation, which will happen during the night any time without notice.

My folks saw one happen the other week through the night  in Barnton.  A Pakistani family, presumably with relatives over that outstayed their allowed time.

I’m sure the suspected offences that the two guys had allegedly committed has been lost in the whole melee yesterday.

As you say, well intentioned but if the guys were illegals then, as you say, it’s only delaying the inevitable.

What you won’t hear a lot is the harm that they cause to other people. It creates a black market in various nefarious activities ran by pretty dodgy people.

We can’t choose which laws to obey at the end of the day.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, theshed said:

I’m in Glasgow as we speak for work and it’s packed. Every outside table full I people waiting on seat to become available. 
It’s much busier than Edinburgh and I agree I’d be shocked if they don’t bring Glasgow down a tier but easy to see how it’s spreading as like I said place is really busy 

I’ve got a date in Glasgow in June with two Glasgow gals ! Love the banter of the place ! 👍👍

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Just speed-read the last few pages, and wanted to clarify I'm getting the gist...

IFAICMO, Priti Patel (calm yersel', @Governor Tarkin) turned up in Glasgow mob-handed with a Transit van full of thugs and magnets. They then proceeded to vaccinate a bunch of SNP-voting illegal immigrants, while @OmiyaHearts and his crew went down to stop the carry on. However, because everyone there was vaxxed-up, the magnets started flying about all over the shop, attaching themselves to everyone's puncture point. It was at this point that Nicola Sturgeon came riding in, astride a tartan unicorn named @ri Alban. Both woman and beast proceeded to fire whisky-laced thunderbolts at Patel and co, forcing them to retreat back to Zionist London, leaving Glasgow to proclaim itself under direct rule from Hamas. 

Let me know if I got any of that wrong, I may have skipped a few details.

:spoton:

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just speed-read the last few pages, and wanted to clarify I'm getting the gist...

IFAICMO, Priti Patel (calm yersel', @Governor Tarkin) turned up in Glasgow mob-handed with a Transit van full of thugs and magnets. They then proceeded to vaccinate a bunch of SNP-voting illegal immigrants, while @OmiyaHearts and his crew went down to stop the carry on. However, because everyone there was vaxxed-up, the magnets started flying about all over the shop, attaching themselves to everyone's puncture point. It was at this point that Nicola Sturgeon came riding in, astride a tartan unicorn named @ri Alban. Both woman and beast proceeded to fire whisky-laced thunderbolts at Patel and co, forcing them to retreat back to Zionist London, leaving Glasgow to proclaim itself under direct rule from Hamas. Meanwhile, @Lord BJ and his missus watched the whole thing with a nice steak and a glass of wine from an outside table.

😂👍

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

IFAICMO, Priti Patel (calm yersel', @Governor Tarkin) turned up in Glasgow mob-handed with a Transit van full of thugs and magnets. They then proceeded to vaccinate a bunch of SNP-voting illegal immigrants, while @OmiyaHearts and his crew went down to stop the carry on. However, because everyone there was vaxxed-up, the magnets started flying about all over the shop, attaching themselves to everyone's puncture point. It was at this point that Nicola Sturgeon came riding in, astride a tartan unicorn named @ri Alban. Both woman and beast proceeded to fire whisky-laced thunderbolts at Patel and co, forcing them to retreat back to Zionist London, leaving Glasgow to proclaim itself under direct rule from Hamas. Meanwhile, @Lord BJ and his missus watched the whole thing with a nice steak and a glass of wine from an outside table.

Finally a sensible post 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm not sure how preventing continuation of a pandemic that has killed more than 127,000 people would be racist. It's a public health emergency. Shut the border and if you're not in then you're not in and you can then come to the UK when it's under control. 

Or as a UK citizen trapped in India die of Covid  possibly with no access to a hospital.

The  UK shut the border with India faster than most of Europe and the rest of the world. 

Our public health emergency is currently killing about 11 people a day. 1689 people on average are dying each day of something else. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

There was a daftie on tv last night talking about being proud of “ our local “ community in a think American 🇺🇸 accent . Almost as bad at the MSP who said some of her swearing in at Dollywood in German ! Alan Patridge levels of cringe ness . And needless to say I don’t need to mention which party she was from 

You can be part of a community and American? 
Which MSP used German? I saw Gaelic/Scots/English/Urdu and Zimbabwean Shona. 
I know your not a racist, or a Irish/Catholic hater, but those two comments are far off casual racism. 

26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Em, you forgot about Aamer Anwar, freedom fighter and erstwhile columnist for Murdoch. I think he would be annoyed not to get a wee bit more publicity.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can be part of a community and American? 
Which MSP used German? I saw Gaelic/Scots/English/Urdu and Zimbabwean Shona. 
I know your not a racist, or a Irish/Catholic hater, but those two comments are far off casual racism. 

Well your wide off the mark I’m afraid ! I’ve been on demos for the Palestinian cause many a time ! And the Catholic / Irish couldn’t be further from the truth the American was a. Wally but I suppose her heart was in the right place god bless 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Well your wide off the mark I’m afraid ! I’ve been on demos for the Palestinian cause many a time ! And the Catholic / Irish couldn’t be further from the truth the American was a. Wally but I suppose her heart was in the right place god bless 

Ps is that me and my other Half barred from diggers ? 😂

Knew this end of lockdown would be a false dawn, stupidity on stilts, they should have waited until everyone was vaccinated and kept our borders closed. Their eagerness to open pubs etc.. Has probably cost us another 6 months of our lives not being able to enjoy these things. If they had just done what New Zealand and Australia have done, we would probably be back to some level of normality by now. Reckon we'll be heading for another lockdown in the next couple of weeks. Sad times. :sad:

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Or as a UK citizen trapped in India die of Covid  possibly with no access to a hospital.

The  UK shut the border with India faster than most of Europe and the rest of the world. 

Our public health emergency is currently killing about 11 people a day. 1689 people on average are dying each day of something else. 

I’m crap at Geography but I’m sure we don’t have a border with India 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈
You can still go there and back if you are a UK resident, and isolate for ten days at your own cost,  I’m no Susie Dent but I know what closed means.
Australia said they would jail anyone coming back from India, then backed down. 
You either give Brits a few day’s to get back and stop all travel or you do what you can to help all countries get vaccines, like Biden has just attempted to do. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m crap at Geography but I’m sure we don’t have a border with India 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈
You can still go there and back if you are a UK resident, and isolate for ten days at your own cost,  I’m no Susie Dent but I know what closed means.
Australia said they would jail anyone coming back from India, then backed down. 
You either give Brits a few day’s to get back and stop all travel or you do what you can to help all countries get vaccines, like Biden has just attempted to do. 

We have a bprder with every country that has flights to or from the UK.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I did say you weren’t a racist, but those comments weren’t your finest hour were they. I was comparing you to our erstwhile Catholic/Irish and GINGER 😱 😆hater. 
Who was the person speaking German? Was it Maggie Chatman of the Greens speaking her native tongue of Zimbabwean Shona?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You stated uk(England) was quick to ban flights from India. I merely pointed out the Fact that Scotland banned flights from India well before England. As for your new point, England had no restrictions on where people went once they landed from india. Obviously some headed to Scotland. If England had banned the flights at the same time as Scotland, then this current outbreak would almost certainly not have happened

You literally just make things up and hope you don’t get pulled for it.  See the Scottish governments own website for evidence that they rules around India changed in Scotland on the exact same day as England.   It’s just total lies that you spin and what’s worse it’s lies told simply to implicate the English for the situation in Scotland.  

https://www.gov.scot/news/india-placed-on-red-list-of-travel-countries/

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ps is that me and my other Half barred from diggers ? 😂

I’m not allowed to bar folk anymore, the place would be deserted. :yas:

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Knew this end of lockdown would be a false dawn, stupidity on stilts, they should have waited until everyone was vaccinated and kept our borders closed. Their eagerness to open pubs etc.. Has probably cost us another 6 months of our lives not being able to enjoy these things. If they had just done what New Zealand and Australia have done, we would probably be back to some level of normality by now. Reckon we'll be heading for another lockdown in the next couple of weeks. Sad times. :sad:

Spot on, crazy to watch sport with full houses in these two Island countries who are uniquely able to close borders like the U.K. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

To paraphrase a famous quote “ your gonna need a bigger van “ !! 

Not if you have a chainsaw. 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I would be amazed if they didn’t drop Glasgow down a tier. I think we might see some postcode lockdown or something as compromise 

Prepare to be amazed!

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, LMc said:

Prepare to be amazed!

Well I will admit to being wrong I didn’t think she would do it.

I am absolutely disgusted that she didn’t do more to condemn and disperse that crowd last night.  I am equally disgusted with all the other politicians supporting it . Who knows how long that means Glasgow could be in tier 3 for now.  

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, LMc said:

Prepare to be amazed!

Oops. 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The UK border at EDI is in the arrivals hall. 

You would really phrase it as the U.K. border with India as that conjures a different image, just being pedantic really about that and something being allegedly closed that’s still open. 

OmiyaHearts

Ah well, looks like a week in Edinburgh for me and the wife, now the SNP have shafted local Glasgow businesses.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, LMc said:

Prepare to be amazed!

And the outlook for Glasgow this weekend is ......

CB8CE667-6D31-4A33-8DE0-88FDC258411C.gif

OmiyaHearts
9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Well I will admit to being wrong I didn’t think she would do it.

I am absolutely disgusted that she didn’t do more to condemn and disperse that crowd last night.  I am equally disgusted with all the other politicians supporting it . Who knows how long that means Glasgow could be in tier 3 for now.  

It was 100% worth it. I'd do it again without even thinking about it.

13 minutes ago, LMc said:

Prepare to be amazed!

I am so amazed, I even came back on the thread to express my amazement. :D I assumed that, despite the case figures, everywhere would still be dropping to tier 2. The thing is, on today's stats (albeit incomplete due to another data issue), East Renfrewshire currently has a higher case rate than Moray... ;)

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

It was 100% worth it. I'd do it again without even thinking about it.

Reckless behaviours have caused her to make this decision. She’s a despot . She Got the votes last week so she doesn’t give a flyin deck for people’s businesses etc . 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Y

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Reckless behaviours have caused her to make this decision. She’s a despot . She Got the votes last week so she doesn’t give a flyin deck for people’s businesses etc . 

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Like any other weekend then 🙈

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Look forward to the so called spikes in cases quickly spreading.

You would think we had a world leading vaccination programme ??? 

30 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You literally just make things up and hope you don’t get pulled for it.  See the Scottish governments own website for evidence that they rules around India changed in Scotland on the exact same day as England.   It’s just total lies that you spin and what’s worse it’s lies told simply to implicate the English for the situation in Scotland.  

https://www.gov.scot/news/india-placed-on-red-list-of-travel-countries/

Ahem........ 

Published: 09 Feb 2021 14:46

Reducing the spread of COVID-19.

All arrivals to Scotland from outside the Common Travel Area must book and pay for managed isolation in quarantine hotels to help protect against the importation of Coronavirus (COVID-19) from 15 February.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Like any other weekend then 🙈

Lol 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

A weeks pause for Moray and Glasgow. 

Look how long the two week circuit breaker lasted. 

Feel sorry for the businesses that have spent money thinking they will open back up on Monday  

Its only going to get worse over the weekend in Glasgow before it gets better 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Feel sorry for the businesses that have spent money thinking they will open back up on Monday  

I know it’s very sad . For what really ? Any area could easily have a spike and then dropped a tier again . Doesn’t bode well for the future . 

Brighton Jambo
13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Ahem........ 

Published: 09 Feb 2021 14:46

Reducing the spread of COVID-19.

All arrivals to Scotland from outside the Common Travel Area must book and pay for managed isolation in quarantine hotels to help protect against the importation of Coronavirus (COVID-19) from 15 February.

Where anywhere in what you just posted does it talk about banning flights to or from

India which is what you said earlier.  I mean honestly are you sure you are okay? 

5 minutes ago, theshed said:

The data suggests this too. With the use of mass testing, increased vaccination, and intelligent track and trace, Glasgow will be a significant test of our ability to focus on specific areas with spikes while keeping everything around them running normally.

Roll on full vaccination.

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The data suggests this too. With the use of mass testing, increased vaccination, and intelligent track and trace, Glasgow will be a significant test of our ability to focus on specific areas with spikes while keeping everything around them running normally.

Roll on full vaccination.

Completely agree. Really need to get this right as well.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

...which may very well be the issue... 😜 

I hope he has a good sleep tonight since he was so elated last night until 2am 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic