• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
54 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Wouldn't surprise me if hospitality is shut again by the end of the week across the country by the SG.  And to think people voted that lot back in for more of this. :facepalm:

I know 

17 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I take it Glasgow will be moving to level 3. Seeing that they have way more cases than Moray who are level 3. 

Wouldn’t bet on it 

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Back to her old tricks then

A joke of a decision and perhaps she should spend more time on this as well as spouting on her twitter about people being 'repatriated' in her own constituency with crowds milling around to try and stop it with no hint of social distancing..not a word about 2m or 1.5 m

It is the hypocrisy shown that annoys me and whilst there may be a case to answer re whether individuals should be subject to the current process she just picks and chooses when to apply her own 'laws' or to speak about them

She is anti football because she knows that fans cannot be controlled to the same extent should they band together and protest

There was a absolutely nothing said from her about those crowds today in regards to social distancing . As you say she picks and chooses her groups to target . I really hope Rangers fans go out on mass this weekend and they see how her police manage that ?

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Moray figures now falling quite quickly so may actually move to level 2 along with the rest of the country on Monday, or just a few days later at worst.

Daily figures since 1st May, 6, 8, 12, 29, 12, 15, 8, 11, 9, 10, 0, 2 (the last couple of days will be incomplete)

Glasgow is likely to hit Moray rates in the next couple of days.  Spike however seems very localised in the Pollokshields and Easterhouse areas.  If the spread can be contained within those neighborhoods, then the rest of Glasgow might get away with it.

Daily figures for Glasgow since 1st May, 25, 17, 33, 45, 53, 65, 69, 48, 58, 111, 101, 30  (the last couple of days will be incomplete)

7 Day/100k rates

Pollokshields West 729

Pollokshields East 695

Central Easterhouse 546

:Agree:

The speed of the apparent recovery of control in Moray is a very indicative sign that the epidemiological game may have changed because of immunisation.  It looks like mitigations and interventions to control infection are much,  much more powerful.

Moray,  as well as Glasgow if it follows the same course,  may well provide evidence to inform the approach going ahead.  Spikes csn happen but they'll be fairly easy to manage.  This could be happy days.

manaliveits105

We seem to be going to come up with a postcode tier thingy so the whole weeg doesn’t close down - amazing !

As regards the silence of the fish on social distancing at the protest - why should the Rangers fans now take any notice 

Edited by manaliveits105

Harry Potter
59 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh2:

He makes a valid point, wait till indy 2 is brought up again, better getting folk back in to work.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

We seem to be going to come up with a postcode tier thingy so the whole weeg doesn’t close down - amazing !

As regards the silence of the fish on social distancing at the protest - why should the Rangers fans now take any notice 

Exactly

Edited by JamesM48

Footballfirst
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

As regards the silence of the fish on social distancing at the protest - why should the Rangers fans now take any notice now 

Why isn't the media asking that question of the SG?   They were quick enough when it was football related, or is it that the media isn't interested in non footballing issues.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

He makes a valid point, wait till indy 2 is brought up again, better getting folk back in to work.

He’s like the grim reaper.

The growling,  snarling and crying must be because people need to carry on growling,  snarling or crying.  There's **** all to shit the bed about.  Some pathetic,  spineless,  scared wee souls around.

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Why isn't the media asking that question of the SG?   They were quick enough when it was football related, or is it that the media isn't interested in non footballing issues.

They  want to stay pc and not rock the persecution of refugee boat 

football fans are a safe target 

9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

She never said a word about the crowd as was too busy having a go at the UK home office as was all their fault. 

After more reading I see sturgeon is the MSP for this area 

Probably the first time in over a year she’s not said anything about crowds and social distancing 

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I know 

Wouldn’t bet on it 

There was a absolutely nothing said from her about those crowds today in regards to social distancing . As you say she picks and chooses her groups to target . I really hope Rangers fans go out on mass this weekend and they see how her police manage that ?

A typical politician response. A delicate matter in her neck of the woods, constituency wise. Could have mentioned it but didn’t.

Knowing Glasgow as I do, you can bet your bottom dollar, the sevco hordes will be out in even bigger numbers now..

Ibrox will be cuckoo on Sat.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

I take it that you would like similar condemnation of football fans from Boris Johnson about what is going on outside Old Trafford again tonight.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I take it that you would like similar condemnation of football fans from Boris Johnson about what is going on outside Old Trafford again tonight.

Of course no crowds should be gathering anywhere yet 

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It is wrong on all sides

What is clear is our own FM laying down laws/regulations that are made up by her representatives with no logic to the decision (as information stands at present)

To ignore one at to try and impose rule on the other is just an act of hypocrisy

It is madness to limit numbers to 600...you know it and should be standing up and saying so instead of cowering in the corner defending her

It is almost at the point where you want Rangers fans to turn up in numbers, make their point and watch her do nothing or even better try to do something until todays incident is pointed out to her where she seems to be supporting the breaking of the law.......oh and lets wait for her health lap dog to come on the radio and explain it all....won't be long

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Exactly. She won't want to lose those 20k refugee votes that she wangled last week.

Anyway, it's all the Home Office fault, don't you know

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It is wrong on all sides

What is clear is our own FM laying down laws/regulations that are made up by her representatives with no logic to the decision (as information stands at present)

To ignore one at to try and impose rule on the other is just an act of hypocrisy

It is madness to limit numbers to 600...you know it and should be standing up and saying so instead of cowering in the corner defending her

It is almost at the point where you want Rangers fans to turn up in numbers, make their point and watch her do nothing or even better try to do something until todays incident is pointed out to her where she seems to be supporting the breaking of the law.......oh and lets wait for her health lap dog to come on the radio and explain it all....won't be long

600 is a joke :lol:

22,000 will be at Wembley on Saturday

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly. She won't want to lose those 20k refugee votes that she wangled last week.

Anyway, it's all the Home Office fault, don't you know

It is their fault. Made a James Hunt of the whole operation. That’s not to say NS shouldn’t have mentioned the numbers who turned up in regard to COVID. It’s only going to make other people think...well, f it !

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

SG official publication - 11 May

Timetable 
From Monday 17 May:

Mainland Scotland and islands not moving to Level 1 will move to Level 2

Orkney, Shetland, Na h-Eileanan Siar, all islands in Highland (except Skye) and the following islands within Argyll and Bute will move to Level 1 - Coll, Colonsay, Erraid, Gometra, Iona, Islay, Jura, Mull, Oronsay, Tiree and Ulva

Moray is likely to remain at Level 3 for a further period due to the number of COVID-19 cases - we will confirm this by the end of the week. Financial support will be available to businesses in the area if Moray does remain at Level 3

Now Nicola, please explain to the people of Moray how Glasgow City is going to be granted level 2?

Also no 3 or 5 thousand supporters at Hampden thanks very much. 

It’s only 600 at Hampden, Hibs has more fans on the pitch last time. 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It is wrong on all sides

I haven't commented on the 600 limit so you are conflating my views on two different circumstances without me commenting on one.

FWIW I think the 600 limit is pointless.  The SFA made reference to UEFA approved areas, so I'm unsure of what constituted approved areas, or how many seats have been reserved for the SFA and their dignitaries.  That fact the then SFA only asked for 2,000 suggests that access to areas of the stadium was already known to be very limited.  The SFA should look again at Aberdeen's offer to host the game, if greater numbers can be accommodated. 

The asylum issue is a different matter and I'm sure that the SG wouldn't have been overly concerned by the reasons for today's protest given that asylum is a home office matter.  The congregation of people is however a matter for concern given that the protest was in Pollokshields which currently has the highest infection rate in Scotland. I would expect condemnation of that on its own, but the point I made was that the media don't appear to take the same interest in non footballing gatherings.  

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:Agree:  lamentable white noise.

Typically pompous comment from you 

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't commented on the 600 limit so you are conflating my views on two different circumstances without me commenting on one.

FWIW I think the 600 limit is pointless.  The SFA made reference to UEFA approved areas, so I'm unsure of what constituted approved areas, or how many seats have been reserved for the SFA and their dignitaries.  That fact the then SFA only asked for 2,000 suggests that access to areas of the stadium was already known to be very limited.  The SFA should look again at Aberdeen's offer to host the game, if greater numbers can be accommodated. 

The asylum issue is a different matter and I'm sure that the SG wouldn't have been overly concerned by the reasons for today's protest given that asylum is a home office matter.  The congregation of people is however a matter for concern given that the protest was in Pollokshields which currently has the highest infection rate in Scotland. I would expect condemnation of that on its own, but the point I made was that the media don't appear to take the same interest in non footballing gatherings.  

Nope nothing official been said about the large crowds  today . Totally disagree with dawn raids , however it is not a devolved matter so she should keep her oar out but she just can’t help herself really in blaming Westminster . Typical deflection away from the risky crowd gathering . She and others on this thread Victorian being one Mumped their gumms about meadows crowds etc ! Hypocrisy 

manaliveits105

I did find it quite funny that she obviously has Scottish civil servants doing whatever she says but the guy she spoke to at the Home Office obviously didn’t give a monkeys who she was and stuck by his guns

She was beelin ! how very dare he 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nope nothing official been said about the large crowds  today . Totally disagree with dawn raids , however it is not a devolved matter so she should keep her oar out but she just can’t help herself really in blaming Westminster . Typical deflection away from the risky crowd gathering . She and others on this thread Victorian being one Mumped their gumms about meadows crowds etc ! Hypocrisy 

:jjyay:

What I'm currently doing is a bit of a comparison between where we are now and back in November / December when things were looking quite grim.  All the uncertainty and many months of a wait before things might be better.  Quite pleased with the general outlook now and completely immune to being dragged back down by hysterical fools.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Back to her old tricks then

A joke of a decision and perhaps she should spend more time on this as well as spouting on her twitter about people being 'repatriated' in her own constituency with crowds milling around to try and stop it with no hint of social distancing..not a word about 2m or 1.5 m

It is the hypocrisy shown that annoys me and whilst there may be a case to answer re whether individuals should be subject to the current process she just picks and chooses when to apply her own 'laws' or to speak about them

She is anti football because she knows that fans cannot be controlled to the same extent should they band together and protest

illegal immigrants are part of her voting base to be fair.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Right, stop and think that through.

59 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

How's your tax returns going?

heartstastic
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Title of video: 
COVID VACCINE & MAGNETS STICKING TO ARM

A question to you.

What effect do you think a vaccine induces into the body to render parts of it metallic?

Presumably, since you think lack of inquiry is the definition of ignorance, you'll have thoroughly researched the claims made in this video  and have a plausible explanation for such an unlikely phenomena? 

I'm excited to see this new science on magnetism, it could be ground breaking.  

I asked a question had anybody on here tried out what was being shown in the video. I never made any claims to anything including a link between vaccines and magnetism. It was merely an interesting video and as it involves a process that many have been willing participating in recently thought it would be interesting to see if anyone could get similar results. I don't and have never claimed to know the workings of magnetism...it's still not fully understood. Hope this clarifies.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

:jjyay:

What I'm currently doing is a bit of a comparison between where we are now and back in November / December when things were looking quite grim.  All the uncertainty and many months of a wait before things might be better.  Quite pleased with the general outlook now and completely immune to being dragged back down by hysterical fools.

I was “ hysterical “

yesterday but not today . I was only expressing anger about possible changes to tiers yet again , when things are looking much better with the vaccine roll out . My argument was why go back to tiers again  Time to acknowledge things have change dramatically and the SG response needs to change accordingly . No tiers , robust track and trace , localised lockdowns which seem to be a positive idea although probably unworkable , unfortunately . A recognition that the vaccines is the only way out and acknowledgment that there will still be a level of deaths . Just like the annual flu . That’s it . 

JudyJudyJudy

And another thing virtually no Condemnation from various politicians about the irresponsible gathering today yet there was ferocious responses from the public and politicians about youths gathering in Princes street and the Meadows and basically run out of town by the polis . Be very interesting to see how NS responds at weekend if rangers fans gather . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, theshed said:

She never said a word about the crowd as was too busy having a go at the UK home office as was all their fault. 

After more reading I see sturgeon is the MSP for this area 

Probably the first time in over a year she’s not said anything about crowds and social distancing 

Well said 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was “ hysterical “

yesterday but not today . I was only expressing anger about possible changes to tiers yet again , when things are looking much better with the vaccine roll out . My argument was why go back to tiers again  Time to acknowledge things have change dramatically and the SG response needs to change accordingly . No tiers , robust track and trace , localised lockdowns which seem to be a positive idea although probably unworkable , unfortunately . A recognition that the vaccines is the only way out and acknowledgment that there will still be a level of deaths . Just like the annual flu . That’s it . 

What "possible changes"?  Nothing has changed yet.  Nothing has been suggested as changing.  

Anger for bugger all apart from your own imagination.  Get your head out your backside mate.  Cheers.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What "possible changes"?  Nothing has changed yet.  Nothing has been suggested as changing.  

Anger for bugger all apart from your own imagination.  Get your head out your backside mate.  Cheers.

There is always the underlying threat to change tiers . It’s uneasy , unsettling and damaging to people’s and Include my mental health Therefore my argument is dump all that . Things have moved on . Let’s have a clear plan without lockdowns and threats of  them .  My head isn’t up my arse . No yet anyway . Have a good night . 👍

willie wallace
5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

get my second jab next wednesday at Leith booooo Community Health Centre again sailed through the first one hopefully same with this one onwards and upwards.

I got my second one yesterday at Ingliston and after telling the nurse I had no reaction to the first one she said I might well have have some symptoms this time although nothing so far.

It was the Pfizer one again.

A fair amount of people from Portobello there yesterday.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There is always the underlying threat to change tiers . It’s uneasy , unsettling and damaging to people’s and Include my mental health Therefore my argument is dump all that . Things have moved on . Let’s have a clear plan without lockdowns and threats of  them .  My head isn’t up my arse . No yet anyway . Have a good night . 👍

It's hard to have a clear plan if infection rates spike. Overall, it looks like we are coming out of this, vaccinations going well, studies show they work. All good.

But...let's walk before we run, otherwise you could potentially be back in a lockdown situation and no one wants that. This whole thing is being done on the hoof because we've never experienced anything like it before.

As you said previously, I agree it will be like the way we treat the flu, but let's not blow it by getting ahead of ourselves.

Fwiw, it's hard not to get frustrated or anxious at times, but I think it'll eventually work out ok.

Take it easy.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

It's hard to have a clear plan if infection rates spike. Overall, it looks like we are coming out of this, vaccinations going well, studies show they work. All good.

But...let's walk before we run, otherwise you could potentially be back in a lockdown situation and no one wants that. This whole thing is being done on the hoof because we've never experienced anything like it before.

As you said previously, I agree it will be like the way we treat the flu, but let's not blow it by getting ahead of ourselves.

Fwiw, it's hard not to get frustrated or anxious at times, but I think it'll eventually work out ok.

Take it easy.

Cheers . Yes I agree with the gradual phasing of easing oh restrictions . Never really had an issue of that as such , but just feel the ominous threats of further lockdowns are damaging . I have been vocal in my opposition to people desperate to go abroad but also understood their feelings of wanting things back as normal As possible , and for some that is going on holiday abroad . But understand the inherent risks in this too . 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Right, stop and think that through.

Or better still, don’t !

We don’t want any self combustion !

36 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

I asked a question had anybody on here tried out what was being shown in the video. I never made any claims to anything including a link between vaccines and magnetism. It was merely an interesting video and as it involves a process that many have been willing participating in recently thought it would be interesting to see if anyone could get similar results. I don't and have never claimed to know the workings of magnetism...it's still not fully understood. Hope this clarifies.

No, it doesn't clarify anything.

Btw, your video said magnets stick to vaccinated people so there was never a claim of a link between vaccines and magnetism. Actually, the claim is vaccinated people become attractive to magnets ie metallic. As stupid a concept as you'll ever hear, which we are all dumber for hearing, but that you didn't even grasp this is laughable.

Infact, this has to be trolling, a meta video so stupid that the creators are not only laughing at you empty heids, but also at anyone further down the line that is conned into holding magnets onto themselves to check if they are somehow now made of metal. Christ on a bike.  

The mods should make you shit or get off the pot with this cut n run bullshit or deem all of your posts trolling. 

Hope THAT clarifies. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Cheers . Yes I agree with the gradual phasing of easing oh restrictions . Never really had an issue of that as such , but just feel the ominous threats of further lockdowns are damaging . I have been vocal in my opposition to people desperate to go abroad but also understood their feelings of wanting things back as normal As possible , and for some that is going on holiday abroad . But understand the inherent risks in this too . 

Yeah, foreign travel, outbound and inbound, seems a bit risky at the moment imo. I guess for me it's that I just don't trust folk to do the self isolation thing if required on return. 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Another way of looking at it is it was a message to say “ we are in control and will do as we wish. “ As you say, not a devolved matter.

Look at the location and the timing. Wouldn’t be surprised if Patel floated it to Johnson in their lunch break !

Let’s give that Sturgeon a reminder etc !

Fxxx the SPFL
51 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I got my second one yesterday at Ingliston and after telling the nurse I had no reaction to the first one she said I might well have have some symptoms this time although nothing so far.

It was the Pfizer one again.

A fair amount of people from Portobello there yesterday.

Astra Zenica first time probably same again which i have no problem with. I did see somewhere online that they have been mixing the vaccine second doses and it's caused more milder symptoms lasting a couple of days. i assume some who had the AZ jab first time are getting a different one second time around. glad you're okay so far

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Boris said:

Yeah, foreign travel, outbound and inbound, seems a bit risky at the moment imo. I guess for me it's that I just don't trust folk to do the self isolation thing if required on return. 

👍

24 minutes ago, Boab said:

Another way of looking at it is it was a message to say “ we are in control and will do as we wish. “ As you say, not a devolved matter.

Look at the location and the timing. Wouldn’t be surprised if Patel floated it to Johnson in their lunch break !

Let’s give that Sturgeon a reminder etc !

Wouldn’t put it passed them 

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Last page is a shit-show, people.

Truly.

I think there is a sense of anger about today’s events in regards to a gathering of people in an area which apparently has had a spike of cases anyway . Irrespective of why those people where there , their race or religion is irrelevant . It was irresponsible . I completely understand the anger about today considering how football fans have been treated in the last year ? I deplore dawn raids , but that is the current policy set by West minster . Sturgeon was clearly stirring the pot today with classic deflection . She’s a past master or mistress at that I feel. 

heartstastic
45 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

No, it doesn't clarify anything.

Btw, your video said magnets stick to vaccinated people so there was never a claim of a link between vaccines and magnetism. Actually, the claim is vaccinated people become attractive to magnets ie metallic. As stupid a concept as you'll ever hear, which we are all dumber for hearing, but that you didn't even grasp this is laughable.

Infact, this has to be trolling, a meta video so stupid that the creators are not only laughing at you empty heids, but also at anyone further down the line that is conned into holding magnets onto themselves to check if they are somehow now made of metal. Christ on a bike.  

The mods should make you shit or get off the pot with this cut n run bullshit or deem all of your posts trolling. 

Hope THAT clarifies. 

:cornette::calmdown:

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Happy to get my 2nd dose tomorrow just before the Indian variant properly kicks off.

It will only kick off with those who choose not to take the vaccine. Their choice. A small surge in cases will play out in the background while things return to normal and business starts to boom again

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes, completely agree. We need to accept lockdowns are over. One scientist on Sky News earlier said that everyone needs to "calm down" and stop obsessing about every variant and whether it's "more infectious" than the previous one. Finish the vaccine roll out and we can move on.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic