Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If you put folk on ignore, does that make you ignorant? :( 

Fair play to PfK for showing how ignorant he is 😛 

Anyway, what's the latest with Covid - are things looking good or bad? 

Headlines tonight in daily mail is that Indian variant figures are getting worse so might stop the opening up in its tracks and meanwhile in the sun things are good and no masks in shops from 21st June along with no more social distancing 

Make of that what you will 🤷‍♀️

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

If you put folk on ignore, does that make you ignorant? :( 

Fair play to PfK for showing how ignorant he is 😛 

Anyway, what's the latest with Covid - are things looking good or bad? 

I like to kid on that I’m going to spend less time on here and having folk on ignore that I’m naturally drawn to arguing with is better for all us really. 
I usually read most of the posts anyway as today shows, I read all the replies earlier.
Please don’t feel special guys I have about 60+ of you on ignore 😜, unfortunately there are some people you can’t do it with 🙈

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Headlines tonight in daily mail is that Indian variant figures are getting worse so might stop the opening up in its tracks and meanwhile in the sun things are good and no masks in shops from 21st June along with no more social distancing 

Make of that what you will 🤷‍♀️

So opening up may be stopped Yet most of  the elderly snd vulnerable  have at least had their first ! Ever feel you have been had ? Played ? Much prefer the Suns optimism ! 

Edited by JamesM48

Seems like masking will no longer be mandated in England from 21 June.

Looking forward to that although personally think I'll wear on public transport, supermarket until vaccine goes into BAU or earlier if it's confirmed if vaccinated you can't pass onto someone else. May move towards a decent face covering instead though. 

Going forward I'll consider wearing a cover in certain situations say I've a heavy, or even normal  cold when out and about, again crowded situations.

On not so good news, Indian variant starting to run throughout couple of towns in North West England and similar to Moray, accelerated vaccination seems to be best get out.

Edited by DETTY29

If the masking mandate being dropped on June 21st is true, that's great news. I'm going to ceremonially burn them in the street and create a stooshie whilst doing it for the neighbours entertainment.

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If the masking mandate being dropped on June 21st is true, that's great news. I'm going to ceremonially burn them in the street and create a stooshie whilst doing it for the neighbours entertainment.

That’s in England and nothing being said about Scotland yet 

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I’m weaning myself off wearing them now . The rebel I am . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, JamesM48 said:

I’m weaning myself off wearing them now . The rebel I am . 

I meant masks before any smart says nappies as there is always someone on this who would cause bother in an empty house 🏡 😂

41D78646-D12C-4FDF-A927-4877103C9C94.jpeg

Just now, jonesy said:

He lives in England, mate. 

Oh well that will teach me 🙈

Im forgetting not everyone on here is from Edinburgh 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I meant masks before any smart says nappies as there is always someone on this who would cause bother in an empty house 🏡 😂

41D78646-D12C-4FDF-A927-4877103C9C94.jpeg

That sums it up perfectly.

Things are sanitised too much these days.

Not trying to make this political but I take it we are well behind England on the vaccine programme as just read that down there 38 and 39 year olds can apply for their vaccine now.

My girlfriend who’s 48 next month still hasn’t heard anything 🤷‍♀️
East Lothian 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That sums it up perfectly.

Things are sanitised too much these days.

I agree even well before covid children wrapped in cotton wool .

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I agree even well before covid children wrapped in cotton wool .

👍

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, theshed said:

Not trying to make this political but I take it we are well behind England on the vaccine programme as just read that down there 38 and 39 year olds can apply for their vaccine now.

East Lothian 

It’ll be imminent.

My son 47 received his letter yesterday.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Reminds me of couple year’s ago when I took my wee nephew out for the day . He was around 5 then . But he got absolutely Mockit ( good Scottish ) I took a few pics to post on Facebook later of our day out . There was a terrific one of him lookin at the camera face covered in iced cream and dirt from earlier , clothes too . Yet some idiots were almost horrified ! 😱 I Remember being absolutely mockit as a kid ! 

19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t know but another poster stated theirs were some issues making the roll out in Lothian a bit slower. Higher percentage of 1-9 in Lothian, letters going missing and rejigging around vaccine supplies/policy changes were amongst the reason. 

Scotland is also handling the roll out slightly differently from down south. 

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’ll be imminent.

My son 47 received his letter yesterday.

👍👍

Fxxx the SPFL

I JUST HOPE FISH FACE DOESN'T KEEP AULD REEKIE IN TIER THREE BECAUSE OF THE WEEGIE OUTBREAK I HAVE THREE BELATED MEALS BOOKED IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IRO OF OUR FORTIETH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY WHICH WAS BACK IN MARCH. 😭

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I JUST HOPE FISH FACE DOESN'T KEEP AULD REEKIE IN TIER THREE BECAUSE OF THE WEEGIE OUTBREAK I HAVE THREE BELATED MEALS BOOKED IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IRO OF OUR FORTIETH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY WHICH WAS BACK IN MARCH. 😭

:cornette_dog:

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5294834

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Well she shouldn’t as we are on course to be in tier 2 but u never know 

Edited by JamesM48

Dennis Reynolds

East Lothian 

Vaccinations are ramping up again this month so as another poster said, it should be imminent 👍

East Lothian 

Lothian about to start the under 40’s in the next week. Some 38/39 year olds already have appointments. Your girlfriend needs to speak to the helpline as she has possibly missed out for some reason. She probably has an appointment but no letter yet.

Edited by JimmyCant

Rupert Pupkin
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Lothian about to start the under 40’s in the next week. Some 38/39 year olds already have appointments. Your girlfriend needs to speak to the helpline as she has missed out for some reason 

I’m 46 in Midlothian and haven’t heard about mine... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

You need to phone too to check you are on. Everyone over 40 in Lothian should have an appointment now. If you haven’t got a letter I’d phone and check

Edited by JimmyCant

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5294834

Hilarious and apologies i was looking at my keyboard not the screen and then couldn't be arsed to retype in lower case

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s not really an effective strategy your employing,  to spent less time on JKB and stop yourself arguing with others; as your demonstrating 

If your so triggered by over 60 people on a football message board, perhaps best you leave and/or reconsider why your are triggered so easily. Remember it’s a bit of fun. It’s not designed to raise your blood pressure in extreme. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Despite having 60+people on ignore your still choosing to be triggered, in pretty aggressive manner. Whilst still spending the same amount of time arguing and causing the problems you wanted to avoid. 😞

Making JKB an echo chamber is just furthering your issues tbh, as you, appear to, have become intolerant of alternate views. 

This isn’t dig at you, though I understand you will construe it as one, it’s just an observation of the success of your approach to change your JKB behaviours. You clearly recognise that it would benefit you to spend less time on here arguing and no, sensible person, wants to kid themselves on. 

Time to reconsider your approach and make JKB fun again, you’ll enjoy it more 👍

On COVID nhS England saying it will take 3-5 years to clear COVID backlog. That’s going to have some severe consequences for a lot of people over the next few years.

Practically, I have no idea how you could address the issue in a meaningful or timeous manner. 

Good post, I’ve always been easily triggered in general. 
It depends on my mood really, happy and chilled just now. Like us all i need to do things that make me happy as opposed to angry and annoyed. 
I do enjoy myself on here most of the time and as life opens up again I’m sure I will spend less time on here.
Win win for everyone. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough bud, but it as @Lord BJ points out, it's not working. Genuinely sorry to hear that you feel the need to have so many folk on ignore if you feel you are drawn to arguing with them.

In a way, I hope you haven't clicked to read this post. :( 

Oops 😜

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, theshed said:

East Lothian 

Leitch said it was a one percent difference yesterday. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Yeah I would phone. My wife is 44 and got her blue letter yesterday. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I'm 46 in Edinburgh and not a peep either.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

I've grown to love my black buff. Sometimes I pretend I'm in ETA, other times the IRA, while on Fridays I just wander around Sainsbury's chanting 'Mujahaddin'. Paired with a pair of Ray-Bans, it's quite the look.

And if the masking rules change up here, does that mean @Jambo 4 Ever is going to start peeing on folk again?

He/she will probably just start with their 'End of the World' crap again, been strangely quiet on that front for the last year and a bit, wonder why.

3 hours ago, theshed said:

East Lothian 

We are slightly ahead of England and behind Wales regarding total number of vaccinations. 

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post, I’ve always been easily triggered in general. 
It depends on my mood really, happy and chilled just now. Like us all i need to do things that make me happy as opposed to angry and annoyed. 
I do enjoy myself on here most of the time and as life opens up again I’m sure I will spend less time on here.
Win win for everyone. 

Are U the guy who works at Diggers ? Better not trigger u there ! 😂

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

might pop in for a wee swally next week

Footballfirst
31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We are slightly ahead of England and behind Wales regarding total number of vaccinations. 

England 83.75% of UK vaccinations (84.27% of UK population)

Northern Ireland 2.77% (2.83%)

Wales 5.22% (4.72%)

Scotland 8.26% (8.18%)

The above figures show that both Scotland and Wales are doing relatively better than England and Northern Ireland although the margins are small.  (Wales' 0.5% advantage equates to around 260k doses - perhaps they are comfortable holding less in reserve).

The reason for Scotland not as yet routinely issuing invites to under 40s, while England is booking appointments for 38s/39s, may well be due to a higher take up in Scotland among the priority groups.  Scotland has still administered doses at a marginally higher rate than Endland. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye. People in general do that 🤬😡😜. If only I could keep my big mouth shut, maybe a tennis ball in it under my mask 😂

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

might pop in for a wee swally next week

All welcome, you can take part in my Neilson & Budge out survey 😜. Although most customers l, especially Hibs *****, are on my ignore list too 😱😂

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

England 83.75% of UK vaccinations (84.27% of UK population)

Northern Ireland 2.77% (2.83%)

Wales 5.22% (4.72%)

Scotland 8.26% (8.18%)

The above figures show that both Scotland and Wales are doing relatively better than England and Northern Ireland although the margins are small.  (Wales' 0.5% advantage equates to around 260k doses - perhaps they are comfortable holding less in reserve).

The reason for Scotland not as yet routinely issuing invites to under 40s, while England is booking appointments for 38s/39s, may well be due to a higher take up in Scotland among the priority groups.  Scotland has still administered doses at a marginally higher rate than Endland. 

Thanks for that, would our older population be a part of that too?

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He is indeed. 

'Works' is probably pushing it a bit.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for that, would our older population be a part of that too?

I'm not sure about the relative average ages of the home nations populations, but if Scotland had a higher proportion of say over 60s then that would be a factor. 

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He is indeed. 

I have been to their Sunday quiz and enjoyed that . I’ll need to behave when I’m next in or go on disguise 🥸 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

'Works' is probably pushing it a bit.

You can pour your own drinks on Saturday then 😜

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have been to their Sunday quiz and enjoyed that . I’ll need to behave when I’m next in or go on disguise 🥸 

Unless you argue about leaving your details or wearing a mask I won’t recognise you 😜

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm not sure about the relative average ages of the home nations populations, but if Scotland had a higher proportion of say over 60s then that would be a factor. 

I think we do but there’s a lot of info in here. 
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/bulletins/annualmidyearpopulationestimates/mid2019estimates#ageing

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can pour your own drinks on Saturday then 😜

And crush my own bag of crisps? ;)

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm 46 in Edinburgh and not a peep either.

It's a class thingy Gov as with staying in Oxgangs I've just had my second jab (nothing to do with the fact I'm 61) Firhill residents shouldn't be that far off before they get their blue envelopes😎 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unless you argue about leaving your details or wearing a mask I won’t recognise you 😜

He's the bloke that looks like the bursd in all those memes he keeps posting.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic