• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57086760

Article on Glasgow rising cases, they seem to believe Indian variant causing issue (TBC) the 7 day average is up in the 70’s now but they still believe Glasgow will go to tier 2.

Sounds like the SG will have a decision to make in a few days. 

Without being a drama Queen I think people will lose their shit if there aren’t down to level 2 ! There will be a massive sense of anger and quite right . 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

lol your usually quite neutral ! Neither positive or negative 😂

👍

There's no chance that Edinburgh will not be moving to Tier2.

Point of no return now.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord BJ said:

I thought no one is going to bite at that then........

:muggy:

I knew he was joking I’m no that daft ! Give me some credit 😂

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ohh undoubtably. However, going by the SG guidelines its pretty clear what should happen, unless something changes in next couple of days. I would imagine the risk of increasing cases is much greater in Glasgow than say Moray. Whilst, additionally the connectivity of the central belt could cause it spread into other areas.

Hopefully the data turns around it all good. Don’t want to see anywhere moving backwards, anyway time will tell.

It’s all those businesses / pubs etc getting hopes squashed which is really unforgivable. I genuinely feel for those businesses and not thinking selfishly about pubs etc maybe not being opened t suit me . It’s people’s livelihoods at even more risk . 

If,  as expected,  the link between cases and hospitalisations is broken,  the tier system will need to change or the application of the tier system will need to change.  The SG will be looking at hospitalisations.  Hopefully they don't happen in larger numbers.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ohh undoubtably. However, going by the SG guidelines its pretty clear what should happen, unless something changes in next couple of days. I would imagine the risk of increasing cases is much greater in Glasgow than say Moray. Whilst, additionally the connectivity of the central belt could cause it spread into other areas.

Hopefully the data turns around it all good. Don’t want to see anywhere moving backwards, anyway time will tell.

If it needs to be done, it needs to be done. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s all those businesses / pubs etc getting hopes squashed which is really unforgivable. I genuinely feel for those businesses and not thinking selfishly about pubs etc maybe not being opened t suit me . It’s people’s livelihoods at even more risk . 

Hopes squashed... unforgivable... things that haven't even happened.  The stopper can be put back in the hysteria bottle.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

If the vaccine does its job, cases so be irrelevant. 

This.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hopes squashed... unforgivable... things that haven't even happened.  The stopper can be put back in the hysteria bottle.

Your heartless ! Simple as that . Have little or no empathy . Evidenced clearly earlier on as well when you speak so disdainfully , and with contempt about customers / clients you appear to work with . 

Edited by JamesM48

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Your heartless ! Simple as that . Have little or no empathy . Evidenced clearly as well when you speak so disdainfully , and with contempt about customers / clients you appear to work with . 

:rofl: You need help.  You're whipping up ridiculous hysteria.  Wind your neck in eh?

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What nonsense.  Every mistake that Boris made on PPE, timing of lockdowns, education, care homes etc etc Nicola Sturgeon made the same.  They both got very little right in the early stages.  

However Boris got one big thing right, vaccine procurement, and it was a gutsy call as if that had gone wrong and the EU programme was ahead of UK he would be getting slaughtered for it.  

Boris has been abysmal but at least got one thing right, Nicola has been abysmal and couldn’t even manage that.  

Let's be clear here - Boris ****ed it up big-time like a gambler who has just bet 95% of his wages and has put everything on black and got away with it. He's getting **** all credit for that. 

Sturgeon couldn't manage that because vaccine procurement was not up to her - what an utterly ridiculous comparison. She also didn't spunk 37 BILLION QUID into the ether on failed track & trace or reward her local barman with a contract for PPE or borrow hundreds of thousands off SNP donors for some disgusting wallpaper.  

JudyJudyJudy

People will just say what’s the decking point of taking a vaccine if there is no progression regarding tiers . 6 people in ICU 6 in the whole of Scotland ! Any stalling of tiers will be a massive over Action 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

:rofl: You need help.  You're whipping up ridiculous hysteria.  Wind your neck in eh?

Wisne me who started whipping things up about tiers ! You need to wind your neck in I think 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

People will just say what’s the decking point of taking a vaccine if there is no progression regarding tiers . 6 people in ICU 6 in the whole of Scotland ! Any stalling of tiers will be a massive over Action 

We're only in year 2 of this pandemic, let's not get too carried away :ninja:

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Wisne me who started whipping things up about tiers ! You need to wind your neck in I think 

Erm.. yes it was you James.  Your waving your knickers around in sheer panic.  I made a dispassionate observation about the tiers.  You're a complete disaster zone. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What nonsense.  Every mistake that Boris made on PPE, timing of lockdowns, education, care homes etc etc Nicola Sturgeon made the same.  They both got very little right in the early stages.  

However Boris got one big thing right, vaccine procurement, and it was a gutsy call as if that had gone wrong and the EU programme was ahead of UK he would be getting slaughtered for it.  

Boris has been abysmal but at least got one thing right, Nicola has been abysmal and couldn’t even manage that.  

How in your tiny Tory mind did Sturgeon get vaccine procurement wrong? 
AstraZeneca making a vaccine before anyone else was pure luck, rushing it through was risky but worked. BJ didn't do anything special that any other country didn't by doing a deal for vaccines from them, and others. Do you think they knew AstraZeneca would be first to develop a vaccine? 
If they had done some preparatory work to help produce more vaccines on these shores, securing more jobs etc instead of lining the pockets of friends and donors then they might actually deserve more credit. The man is a joke and laughed at all over the globe. 
Sturgeon for all her failings is seen as a respectable and able leader, even south of the border.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

The tier system was designed for a different purpose as you say it needs to change.

Will be interesting to see how the SG play this. 

They'll want another look at the effects of any rises.  Hopefully there's little impact on hospitals and then the SG will have nowhere else to go but to fundamentally change the tier system or it's functions.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Let's be clear here - Boris ****ed it up big-time like a gambler who has just bet 95% of his wages and has put everything on black and got away with it. He's getting **** all credit for that. 

Sturgeon couldn't manage that because vaccine procurement was not up to her - what an utterly ridiculous comparison. She also didn't spunk 37 BILLION QUID into the ether on failed track & trace or reward her local barman with a contract for PPE or borrow hundreds of thousands off SNP donors for some disgusting wallpaper.  

Spot on. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, kila said:

We're only in year 2 of this pandemic, let's not get too carried away :ninja:

Lol 

manaliveits105

The clown krankie wanted to join the EU vaccine scheme and her and her lapdogs even stopped using the word Oxford with Astra Zeneca 

Im sure she will choose who carries out the enquiry into the SG handling of  covid / care homes etc and then have a memory lapse 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Erm.. yes it was you James.  Your waving your knickers around in sheer panic.  I made a dispassionate observation about the tiers.  You're a complete disaster zone. 

3F117262-5DEE-4E5A-9BC2-BDA3391C2EB1.gif

Footballfirst

Here is a comparison of hospital bed occupancy over the last four weeks in Grampian (includes Moray), which shows the increase from the last week in April, but now looks to be over the peak.  For Greater Glasgow & Clyde we see a gradual reduction up to the first week in May, but an increase during the past week. It's not yet clear if the reduction in occupancy over the last couple of days is confirmation if the peak has passed. The increase in case numbers in the last few days may yet result in more hospitalisations.

Occupancy.JPG.1fff5319efc0f021ddaf9a359556a476.JPG

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The clown krankie wanted to join the EU vaccine scheme and her and her lapdogs even stopped using the word Oxford with Astra Zeneca 

Im sure she will choose who carries out the enquiry into the SG handling of  covid / care homes etc and then have a memory lapse 

Exactly and she would have let everyone know about it if fortunes had been reversed.

Totally messed up everything in Scotland but had Boris to hide behind.

Hopefully the investigation by the PF's office will expose them for what they are

If this is a bump on the road,  if it even qualifies as a bump,  it should be limited and temporary.  Vaccine coverage is steadily growing and will go on growing.  I really don't see this affecting this latest step to level 2 but it could delay the next steps a little.  Only a very clear and worrying change of circumstances will reverse the recovery.  Partly because of how problematic it would be to disappoint people.  

Howdy Doody Jambo

I was listening to talkradio this morning and it was mentioned that there has been over 300,000 variants of Covid-19 so far 

How does Glasgow score on all the other metrics that determine the tiers?

Does the number of cases really matter? In isolation that is...which is how it's being reported.

On the plus side, in Scotland this week and it's a delight to eat inside 👍 no drink rule is super weird but I'll take it

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If this is a bump on the road,  if it even qualifies as a bump,  it should be limited and temporary.  Vaccine coverage is steadily growing and will go on growing.  I really don't see this affecting this latest step to level 2 but it could delay the next steps a little.  Only a very clear and worrying change of circumstances will reverse the recovery.  Partly because of how problematic it would be to disappoint people.  

Moray shouldn't be too long now that they are accelerating the 18-39 year old age group, without impacting their other age group programmes.

Supplies can be diverted.  Trying to do same in Glasgow, is a different matter.

Let's hope this can be nipped in bud fairly quickly.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

How does Glasgow score on all the other metrics that determine the tiers?

Part of it is Surgeon's constituency, the only metric that matters

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

She said openly that believed we should have stayed in the European Procurement scheme.  Totally the wrong call

I agree Boris is a disaster and maybe it was a gamble but it was a gamble that spectacularly paid off.  Nothing she has done has had anything like the same level of benefit.  She has been a complete failure on Covid.  

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Moray shouldn't be too long now that they are accelerating the 18-39 year old age group, without impacting their other age group programmes.

Yes it looks like a very useful tool in the box to intervene in hotspots with concentrated vaccination.  Maybe this could have been planned all along for the highest population density regions,  albeit Moray is not that.  

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

How in your tiny Tory mind did Sturgeon get vaccine procurement wrong? 
AstraZeneca making a vaccine before anyone else was pure luck, rushing it through was risky but worked. BJ didn't do anything special that any other country didn't by doing a deal for vaccines from them, and others. Do you think they knew AstraZeneca would be first to develop a vaccine? 
If they had done some preparatory work to help produce more vaccines on these shores, securing more jobs etc instead of lining the pockets of friends and donors then they might actually deserve more credit. The man is a joke and laughed at all over the globe. 
Sturgeon for all her failings is seen as a respectable and able leader, even south of the border.

This post is all the evidence we need you literally don’t know what you are talking about.  I am all for opinions and ours differ but the level of ignorance and inaccuracy in this just isn’t worth arguing with.  

One question, if he didn’t do anything different how do you explain the UK having one of the fastest and most comprehensive vaccination programmes in the whole world?  

p.s I will never vote Tory with BJ in charge.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Maybe the response to the spikes needs to be measured with the damage not lifting tiers will do ? The vaccination programme is a major success . People need to see changes and progression like the lowering of tiers irrespective of spikes . An acceptance of reality instead of fantasy zero covid infections is needed now . Like I said in my more emotive posting earlier people will just crack if tiers are stalled or reversed . They will rightly ask what the deck was the point of being vaccinated ? They will feel quite right they have been had . Hospital admissions in their 60s ICU at 6 

Edited by JamesM48

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

She said openly that believed we should have stayed in the European Procurement scheme.  Totally the wrong call

I agree Boris is a disaster and maybe it was a gamble but it was a gamble that spectacularly paid off.  Nothing she has done has had anything like the same level of benefit.  She has been a complete failure on Covid.  

1) Again, you are giving Boris credit for a spectacular gamble. What if during the next crisis, he gambles wrongly? You really are seeing only the outcome and not the mechanism here - his thinking and actions were flawed throughout the pandemic including this gamble.

2) No one knew at the time that Boris gamble would pay off. That the EU had different constraints and a different level of caution does not mean they failed either - as much as I am pleased with our outcome now, our numbers are still a ****ing disgrace. That's on him - too busy arguing for money for his wallpaper to attend pandemic planning meetings. 

3) She's, by hard numbers alone, been far less of a failure than Boris and that's without the sickening side order of expensivecorruption, and gets regular plaudits for far clearer messaging. Not perfect, absolutely not.

Still, stay stuffed up BoJo's ample rear by all means. No doubt you'll be happy with his triple attack on freedoms too and your taxes going up/services being cut to pay back that £37 billion he spunked up a wall. Yay for Boris.  

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Everybody stopped using "Oxford" when that vaccine's side effects were widely known. Wonder why that is - did they ever get the butcher's apron on the vials - and, if so, are they hastily removing it? :P

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Everybody stopped using "Oxford" when that vaccine's side effects were widely known. Wonder why that is - did they ever get the butcher's apron on the vials - and, if so, are they hastily removing it? :P

That was (I imagine) driven by the change in usage by the press. People are easily led...which was never really in doubt but it's been hammered home this last year.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

1) Again, you are giving Boris credit for a spectacular gamble. What if during the next crisis, he gambles wrongly? You really are seeing only the outcome and not the mechanism here - his thinking and actions were flawed throughout the pandemic including this gamble.

2) No one knew at the time that Boris gamble would pay off. That the EU had different constraints and a different level of caution does not mean they failed either - as much as I am pleased with our outcome now, our numbers are still a ****ing disgrace. That's on him - too busy arguing for money for his wallpaper to attend pandemic planning meetings. 

3) She's, by hard numbers alone, been far less of a failure than Boris and that's without the sickening side order of expensivecorruption, and gets regular plaudits for far clearer messaging. Not perfect, absolutely not.

Still, stay stuffed up BoJo's ample rear by all means. No doubt you'll be happy with his triple attack on freedoms too and your taxes going up/services being cut to pay back that £37 billion he spunked up a wall. Yay for Boris.  

I can’t stand Boris, I absolutely can’t stand the man and I hope the enquiry finds him guilty of criminal negligence.

I am just so sick of this ridiculous narrative that Nicola Sturgeon has done well.  The death toll, the decision making the ludicrous tier inconsistencies her performance has been appalling.  Our death rate for a country our size is the worst in the world . The fact that because it’s marginally better than England means it seen as a success tells you everything that’s wrong in this country at the moment.  

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This post is all the evidence we need you literally don’t know what you are talking about.  I am all for opinions and ours differ but the level of ignorance and inaccuracy in this just isn’t worth arguing with.  

One question, if he didn’t do anything different how do you explain the UK having one of the fastest and most comprehensive vaccination programmes in the whole world?  

p.s I will never vote Tory with BJ in charge.  

If you could any proof that anything the GOVERNMENT has done to facilitate the vaccine roll out that be great.
The NHS has organised it in all four nations. 
Are you giving them credit for rolling out the vaccine in Scotland, surely that’s the SG that’s organised it in your flawed logic. 
The fact you would ever vote Tory is why I have you on ignore, like most of the ******s on this thread.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Indeed, they even started using the term B117 instead of Kent or U.K. variant. Sounds more like a supplement 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe the response to the spikes needs to be measured with the damage not lifting tiers will do ? The vaccination programme is a major success . People need to see changes and progression like the lowering of tiers irrespective of spikes . An acceptance of reality instead of fantasy zero covid infections is needed now . Like I said in my more emotive posting earlier people will just crack if tiers are stalled or reversed . They will rightly ask what the deck was the point of being vaccinated ? Hospital admissions in their 60s ICU at 6 

This is a cycle.

We won't know for 3 weeks what the real impact of the outbreaks will be.

What we do know is that the vaccines ensure you don't get seriously ill, including long covid.  (Which we don't know what the impact is.  Could affect our own health for only 6 months, 12 months, 20 years or take 10 years off our lives)

I've said this before, but it needs it to be the last time.

Israel needed to do a further campaign because the 30s etc weren't coming forward in high numbers because they believe they were invincible to it.  But it circulated amongst them so 'if' you did catch it, these guys were getting it worse, in hospital longer and greater long covid symptoms and so on.  The same cycle we have seen from the start but now working it's way down through age groups.  Not at the same numbers as what happened to the elderly,but avoidable if vaccines taken 

(if the above is crap, blame 5L)

To only be a few weeks from all being done, first dose, I don't know why anyone would be taking too many risks just now.

Last night it was shown that the Swedish approach, compared to Norway, Finland hadn't worked.  At the start they didn't legislate covid measures, just recommended the measures we were mandated to do.

Sometimes our governments are correct in holding us back a little.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, JamesM48 said:

To be honest I’m quite surprised that am on the list ! I have only had minor spats with him , in fact I’m finding it hard to recall them . Maybe he Just doesn’t like my posts ! 😱

I’m the same, I wouldn’t have thought I would be on his list as we have never really had a proper row.  He wouldn’t make my top 10 most irritating posters.  Just goes to show he blocks people whose opinion he doesn’t agree with.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m the same, I wouldn’t have thought I would be on his list as we have never really had a proper row.  He wouldn’t make my top 10 most irritating posters.  Just goes to show he blocks people whose opinion he doesn’t agree with.  

Yes it seems that way ! Now if I did that I would literally have about 3/4 I tend to agree with on this thread in particular ! 😎

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

To be honest I’m quite surprised that am on the list ! I have only had minor spats with him , in fact I’m finding it hard to recall them . Maybe he Just doesn’t like my posts ! 😱

You're nobody James until you've made the list :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're nobody James until you've made the list :lol:

At last ! Yee ha my day hasn’t been wasted then 😛

I've got nobody on ignore as often I find I passionately disagree with people on one topic but generally agree with them on most others so like to keep all informations flows open 👍

Some of those I agree with on this thread would likely be my nemeses on politics thread and equally those I'm quite aligned with on that type of thing I'm actually an opponent of on this thread.

Ray Gin and Victorian have absolutely ripped my knitting on this thread (😂) but I respect both of their opinions and generally find myself agreeing with them on most other topics...it would be a shame for me to miss that due to having blocked them

It was the expert advice of the senior scientific advisors and the vaccine taskforce that steered the course taken by the UK.  It wasn't Boris taking a break from dodging the County Court officers and facepalming his bursds' latest 10 grand spend on scatter cushions.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've got nobody on ignore as often I find I passionately disagree with people on one topic but generally agree with them on most others so like to keep all informations flows open 👍

Some of those I agree with on this thread would likely be my nemeses on politics thread and equally those I'm quite aligned with on that type of thing I'm actually an opponent of on this thread.

Ray Gin and Victorian have absolutely ripped my knitting on this thread (😂) but I respect both of their opinions and generally find myself agreeing with them on most other topics...it would be a shame for me to miss that due to having blocked them

👍

Brighton Jambo
59 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It was the expert advice of the senior scientific advisors and the vaccine taskforce that steered the course taken by the UK.  It wasn't Boris taking a break from dodging the County Court officers and facepalming his bursds' latest 10 grand spend on scatter cushions.

You may be right but it’s just nonsense that any leader gets all the blame for when things go wrong and no credit when things go right.  That’s just bias of which I am guilty of when it comes to certain politicians.

Anyway, this article seems to answer a lot of the questions and is quite interesting: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.spectator.co.uk/article/secrets-of-the-vaccine-taskforces-success/amp

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic