Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Just you keep enjoying the internet 'Guv.' 😁

I'm enjoying the internet chubby you've got for me, no end. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:jjockio:

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think anyone in their 49s who hasn’t should be phoning and asking why not. I got my second blue letter today for next Saturday. 

I know people who have had to phone. Sometimes issues with address etc

Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I only respond to your posts tough guy. It's the same old nonsense. 😉

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I wonder if we are now getting down to 'healthier' groups who barely have a need to go to GPS, then things like address changes etc haven't been been fed into GPs and then eventually onto the scheduling system.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Saw some old boy yesterday with a mask as wet, soggy and minging as WO's knickers when each lockdown was announced.

Lol and a few others ! You could fill a washing line with them 😂

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I only respond to your posts tough guy. It's the same old nonsense. 😉

Maybe you should stop responding then, and you can save more energy for your snide wee welt act. It must fair take it out of you.

Weakened Offender
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe you should stop responding then, and you can save more energy for your snide wee welt act. It must fair take it out of you.

Why would I not respond? Why do you think I'd ignore you drooling all over my posts and those who quote me? What makes you think I don't enjoy calling you out for what you are? 😊

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Hysterical knicker-wetter tries to make their preposterous over reaction and wildly extreme position swing seem less silly by trying to convince themselves that everyone else is worse. 😂

Not fooling anyone.  

17E979BB-6A53-4F92-9283-6522F93817F2.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Why would I not respond? Why do you think I'd ignore you drooling all over my posts and those who quote me? What makes you think I don't enjoy calling you out for what you are? 😊

You respond because you're everything you 'call out' others for being. An open and shut case of a regular wee baws projecting everything he hates about himself onto other folk. 

A bit like this guy but without the good looks.

:lenny:

It doesn't take a critical thinker to clock that straight off the bat.

OmiyaHearts
39 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I wonder if we are now getting down to 'healthier' groups who barely have a need to go to GPS, then things like address changes etc haven't been been fed into GPs and then eventually onto the scheduling system.

That was the issue I had. I've never been to the doctors as an adult and when I checked with my GP a few weeks ago, they had an address from about 15 years ago. I had to go and register with a new local doctor, which has delayed my jab.

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You respond because you're everything you 'call out' others for being. An open and shut case of a regular wee baws projecting everything he hates about himself onto other folk. 

A bit like this guy but without the good looks.

:lenny:

It doesn't take a critical thinker to clock that straight off the bat.

I don't hate anything about myself and I certainly haven't given you enough thought to even begin to dislike you. 

I just think you're a mouthpiece arse. 

We good now? 😊

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I just think you're a mouthpiece arse. 

Can we file thinking next to communication and anger management as things that you're not very good at?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Can we file thinking next to communication and anger management as things that you're not very good at?

3F4633DF-5DF9-4336-8D41-3B6FAA3D07EE.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

People fall through the cracks, it happens. 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The only thing I'm good at that you need to concern yourself about is getting under your skin. 

Now do yourself a favour and find someone else on the Internet to play the wide boy with. 

😊

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That was the issue I had. I've never been to the doctors as an adult and when I checked with my GP a few weeks ago, they had an address from about 15 years ago. I had to go and register with a new local doctor, which has delayed my jab.

I sort of knew it could be an issue as the some thing happened to a colleague.

Years ago I went to my GP (5 mins walk from work) only to be told never to come back as I had moved address and find one a lot closer to my new home address.  It had been the first time in years I'd needed to go and own fault, only told them I'd moved when I needed any form of medical help.

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Leave it out, you two. This is immature pish.

I've got stuff to do, jonesy, so I'll let you take it from here. 👍

Weakened Offender
37 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've got stuff to do, jonesy, so I'll let you take it from here. 👍

Actually thought I had worked a DM out of you there too. 😉

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm knee-deep into a bottle of Chinese firewater, so will refrain. Otherwise I could end up with a ban long enough to see out the pandemic.

And anyway, WO has embarrassed himself enough for one day. The CTHMSC wishes him well in his efforts.

The state of you. 😊

frankblack

My brother who doesn't drive got his blue letter for Bathgate FFS!

He phoned up and changed to the Gyle, but a week later.

42 minutes ago, frankblack said:

My brother who doesn't drive got his blue letter for Bathgate FFS!

He phoned up and changed to the Gyle, but a week later.

I believe the modelling is same Health Board, 15 mile radius.

Good that the rescheduling can be done so soon.

Edited by DETTY29

frankblack
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Yeah, I don't think he would have had any idea how to get to the vaccination centre in Bathgate unless it was literally just outside the train station on the electric line.

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yeah, I don't think he would have had any idea how to get to the vaccination centre in Bathgate unless it was literally just outside the train station on the electric line.

I know it's 12 weeks away but be careful to check 2nd letter as dose 2 won't necessarily be back at Gyle, or Bathgate.

On about 9 or 10 weeks after first dose, he should be able to check system (FootballFirst) has put links up how to do, where 2nd dose will be and opportunity to reschedule.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

This hasn’t been the case with people I know. My mum lives in Armadale, got Bathgate for her first vaccine but then got the EICC for her second. 24 miles each way. She called up every day to get a change and none were available. All they could offer was Gorebridge which was further away. She then put on her best doddery old woman act and went to the Bathgate place which is only a few miles away. Acted like she assumed Bathgate was correct as that’s where she had her first one and they gave her it. She’s actually a fairly fit a healthy 68 year old but even for her getting to town for 8 in the morning would be a struggle. 

frankblack
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I know it's 12 weeks away but be careful to check 2nd letter as dose 2 won't necessarily be back at Gyle, or Bathgate.

On about 9 or 10 weeks after first dose, he should be able to check system (FootballFirst) has put links up how to do, where 2nd dose will be and opportunity to reschedule.

Cheers for that.  I am expecting my second blue envelope next month, so I'll make sure and check in advance. 👍

17 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

This hasn’t been the case with people I know. My mum lives in Armadale, got Bathgate for her first vaccine but then got the EICC for her second. 24 miles each way. She called up every day to get a change and none were available. All they could offer was Gorebridge which was further away. She then put on her best doddery old woman act and went to the Bathgate place which is only a few miles away. Acted like she assumed Bathgate was correct as that’s where she had her first one and they gave her it. She’s actually a fairly fit a healthy 68 year old but even for her getting to town for 8 in the morning would be a struggle. 

It was at the start of programme I heard, was likely on here 😞 about 15 miles.

Just checked even Royal Highland Centre is just outside 15 miles limit.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It was at the start of programme I heard, was likely on here 😞 about 15 miles.

Just checked even Royal Highland Centre is just outside 15 miles limit.

She said if she couldn’t get Bathgate could she get gyle or ingliston but she was told nothing was available at all. She called 5 days on the run. It seems like loads of Edinburgh people are being sent to Bathgate and Bathgate people to Edinburgh. Makes no sense 🤷🏼‍♀️.  She’s had both now though and that’s the main thing. Now to wait and see what I get. Probably Dalkeith or somewhere. 

Boomers - 'the risk is so small, young people should just take the vaccine it's our civic duty' 

Also Boomers - '>15 miles? You've got to be kidding'

Edited by Taffin

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Boomers - 'the risk is so small, young people should just take the vaccine it's our civic duty' 

With a relatively decent transport system. 

Meanwhile Raj aged 74 in India. “I’m not walking 65 miles for a vaccine when there’s one only 30 miles away”

Nucky Thompson
30 minutes ago, gjcc said:

With a relatively decent transport system. 

Meanwhile Raj aged 74 in India. “I’m not walking 65 miles for a vaccine when there’s one only 30 miles away”

You would have to be raj walking that far anyway :whistling:

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol: Especially in sandals. Probably still be home in time for tea though. 

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Ouch ! 😂

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Lol 

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its expected to be announced on Monday that in England from 17 May, you will be permitted to hug people again.

Cue much whinging up here for 24 hours as same is announced on the Tuesday.

Edit - and both with some form of restriction.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Millienials/Gen Zers - "the risk of Covid is small, we just need to open everything up and learn to live with the virus"

Also Millienials/Gen Zers - "1 in 600,000 chance of a blood clot. Take a vaccine? You've got to be kidding."

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We getting the same up here, haven’t seen it anywhere.

Either way quite looking forward to hugging friends and random strangers again

I suppose we will need to see what Tuesday brings when the next Scotland review is published, provided and then a compare and contrast can be done as I'm sure it will be brought up.

Edited by DETTY29

26 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Millienials/Gen Zers - "the risk of Covid is small, we just need to open everything up and learn to live with the virus"

Also Millienials/Gen Zers - "1 in 600,000 chance of a blood clot. Take a vaccine? You've got to be kidding."

giphy.gif

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm in my early 40s :lol:

Maybe you are an early boomer ? 😂

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm in my early 40s :lol:

😂😂 Oh well! I'm only joking anyway. I recognise the irony of both of those statements, mine and yours respectively 👍

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Cheers for that.  I am expecting my second blue envelope next month, so I'll make sure and check in advance. 👍

Apologies if it's already been mentioned already but if you check online you'll probably find your 2nd appointment shown. I've not received my 2nd letter but logged on and I have an appointment for the 22nd. Tried to change the time but nothing available just now. Just a heads up that you may find a note of your appointment there.

frankblack
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned already but if you check online you'll probably find your 2nd appointment shown. I've not received my 2nd letter but logged on and I have an appointment for the 22nd. Tried to change the time but nothing available just now. Just a heads up that you may find a note of your appointment there.

My first was the beginning of April so still have a bit to go.  I will check my first blue letter and go on later when I get home.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic