Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Unknown user
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

what is going on ? 

The shortage in supply of vaccines that we knew was coming in April.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The shortage in supply of vaccines that we knew was coming in April.

Was hoping to jet jagged up to see what all the fuss was about tbh. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. Sods law my second shot will be due while I'm out of the country. 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Was hoping to jet jagged up to see what all the fuss was about tbh. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. Sods law my second shot will be due while I'm out of the country. 

I'm too young and handsome to get mine soon, I'll probably be with the teenagers I imagine.

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And now the council trend data:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     21 Apr 20 Apr 19 Apr 18 Apr 17 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland   29 28 +1   28 28 29 29 29 ... 59
Clackmannanshire 4 3 70 68 +2   72 58 66 58 58 ... 233
North Lanarkshire 4 3 64 59 +5   58 52 54 48 50 ... 117
East Ayrshire 4 3 55 50 +5   42 34 30 25 29 ... 72
Moray 4 1 43 44 -1   34 37 27 27 31 ... 56
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 42 33 +9   34 29 24 16 14 ... 56
Glasgow City 4 3 42 46 -4   49 51 56 58 57 ... 81
South Lanarkshire 4 3 41 44 -3   44 45 49 47 44 ... 62
South Ayrshire 4 3 40 33 +7   21 14 12 6 4 ... 19
Perth & Kinross 4 3 35 32 +3   36 32 28 19 18 ... 36
Edinburgh City 4 3 29 26 +3   24 21 18 15 15 ... 50
East Renfrewshire 4 3 29 31 -2   29 35 44 41 41 ... 45
Fife 4 3 28 25 +3   24 29 31 34 37 ... 42
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 28 21 +7   18 15 12 16 19 ... 66
Falkirk 4 2 27 30 -3   32 32 30 28 32 ... 90
North Ayrshire 4 3 25 28 -3   28 30 26 26 22 ... 71
Dundee City 4 3 24 21 +3   23 29 28 31 34 ... 64
Renfrewshire 4 3 24 21 +3   23 30 37 40 47 ... 103
Aberdeen City 4 3 22 22 0   24 27 28 26 25 ... 44
West Lothian 4 3 21 21 0   24 31 34 40 41 ... 129
Aberdeenshire 4 3 15 16 -1   17 15 16 15 13 ... 28
Inverclyde 4 2 14 13 +1   17 17 15 18 24 ... 21
Stirling 4 3 12 12 0   12 14 14 17 18 ... 58
Angus 4 2 9 11 -2   11 10 10 9 11 ... 42
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 9 5 +4   3 2 2 2 3 ... 5
East Lothian 4 3 9 7 +2   6 4 4 5 6 ... 37
Highland 4/3 1 9 8 +1   13 16 15 16 20 ... 7
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 5 5 0   5 3 5 5 5 ... 7
Midlothian 4 3 4 4 0   5 4 5 6 9 ... 57
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 0 +4   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Scottish Borders 4 1 1 1 0   2 3 3 3 2 ... 11
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Shetland Goose 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 9 9 13 ... 9

👍

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

May I ask how many weeks apart?

Me & Mrs 11 weeks.

My 2 mates exactly the same.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Smithee said:

I'm too young and handsome to get mine soon, I'll probably be with the teenagers I imagine.

If boyish good looks debar us from innoculation I'll be getting left to the covid wolves, Schmitt. :(

Unknown user
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

If boyish good looks debar us from innoculation I'll be getting left to the covid wolves, Schmitt. :(

Being gloriously hirsute only adds to the problem unfortunately. We're in a tight spot.

4 hours ago, LMc said:

Exactly. I'm also booked in for pints at Tynecastle this weekend as it's the number one local business I want to help out 😏 

Edit: Next weekend 🙄

How do they manage outside for the next 3 weeks.

On the pavement, or is there a place through the back?

For me this is a time where CEC etc should be stepping up to the mark and help out.  The Plaza for example should be allowed to be separated off for out door hospitality.  Of course Hearts would need to help the Tynie Arms out too by giving them some space.

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Being gloriously hirsute only adds to the problem unfortunately. We're in a tight spot.

We swim in the same dark waters, my friend. :(

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

For me this is a time where CEC etc should be stepping up to the mark and help out.  The Plaza for example should be allowrd to be separated off for out door hospitality.  Of course Hearts would need to help the Tynie Arms out too by giving them some space.

It just says "In line with changes to government restrictions, an outdoor bar (located between the Eighteen 74 supporters’ bar and the Gorgie Suite) will open".

I'm not 100% sure where that's going to be but I'm just assuming it's the sort of covered "smoking area" type bit that was outside the Gorgie suite. 

Completely agree with your second point. Decent wedge could be made by places if the council was to allow a bit more leeway. I noticed that the biscuit factory have recently got permission to put tables outside their building which is essentially just a pavement so you never know.

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

We havent booked anywhere But  might have a look about that day and see . Dont really drink on a Monday really.  But why not... :) 

Go for it James.

Christ, it's end October since we were last allowed a drink.

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

are you up the meadows just now :toasting:with them :whistling:

Just now, LMc said:

It just says "In line with changes to government restrictions, an outdoor bar (located between the Eighteen 74 supporters’ bar and the Gorgie Suite) will open".

I'm not 100% sure where that's going to be but I'm just assuming it's the sort of covered "smoking area" type bit that was outside the Gorgie suite. 

Completely agree with your second point. Decent wedge could be made by places if the council was to allow a bit more leeway. I noticed that the biscuit factory have recently got permission to put tables outside their building which is essentially just a pavement so you never know.

You could get quite a few tables onto the Tynie pitch. That would be glorious. :)

6 minutes ago, LMc said:

Christ.

I've misread.

Bloody dyslexia and impatience.

I thought you were a Tynie Armer.

I know about Hearts, aligned to your understanding how it works.

A group of us are booked on on 1st May for a posthumous 65th.

Jambo mate was taken into hospital on 22nd January after a seizure and no longer with us 6 weeks later as it transpired he had multiple brain tumours.

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, weegranty said:

Get my 1st Jag on Wednesday.I'm 49 and stay in Livingston but have to go to the Gyle for it.

My daughter is the same.

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Me & Mrs 11 weeks.

My 2 mates exactly the same.

Brother (70) had first jab 13th Feb just got his letter today for his second jab for Monday 26th April.

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You could get quite a few tables onto the Tynie pitch. That would be glorious. :)

I suppose it's the hassle factor, and they are using the concourse for 3 weeks for a meal, but if you aren't bothered about watching a TV (Plus we all phones, tablets anyway), I think that would be a cracking idea.

Makes the club weak as dishwater though and to losing games apparently.  :(

JudyJudyJudy
51 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think he was being serious, James. The Gov is a happy-go-lucky guy and no doubt realises that the case creepage in some council areas isn't something to overly worry about at the moment. It's to be expected in the immediate period leading up to a relaxation of restrictions that folk mentally relax and tend to be less cautious than before, and I think we're perhaps seeing that reflected in the figures. We'll see how they go over the next wee while.

Yes I kinda picked that up 👍 yes I ca imagine there might be slight rises in the next few weeks which is to be expected . 

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes it’s been interesting on this seeing who has got the jab first etc so usually able to wirk out how old people are or ill ! 👀or both 🤕Used to be able to tell with their antiquated views or opinions 

Edited by JamesM48

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Brother (70) had first jab 13th Feb just got his letter today for his second jab for Monday 26th April.

👍

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

102,000 in Scotland from 50 and above and 16+ vulnerable have not yet had their first vaccine. Big shortage of vaccine plus Lothian dropping AZ except for 2nd jabs for those who already had it means the under 50’s will be largely held back until all those are cleared and the 2nd jabs for high age groups is done. 

Out of interest.

Have too many folk managed to get a jab as they probably aren't truly 'unpaid' carers and managed to sneak in?

And if so, is the move from online to telephone booking for unpaid carers from Monday an approach to close the 'loophole?'

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

If that's the case Scotland should be well behind given the many remote populations compared to England. I feel I'm being whooshed here as you are making no sense

It was your side that started the dick measuring contest over vaccination rates. :rofl:

Edited by frankblack

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I had suggested that they should have had vaccinations walk in centres and anyone and everyone could have just went in . No appointments needed etc. Cuts out all the bureaucratic nonsense. 

Didn't they try similar with part of the flu vaccination this year and every man and his dug turned up on day 1 at 8 am at some of the centres?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It was your side that started the dick measuring contest over vaccination rates. :rofl:

Was it????? In case you are having trouble, here are the two posts talking garbage about the vaccine roll-out in Scotland. This led me to post the FACTS about the roll-out. 

Massive administrative and technical errors. Poor decision making on how to fix them. Poor leadership at the top of the NHS and department of health. They’ve turned a relatively easy albeit very big job into a spaghetti mess

Should have been managed locally via groups of GP surgeries, as it is in England. Centralised control and relying on the NHS to manage anything efficiently was always going to be a stretch. 

My half sister
On 08/03/2021 at 16:38, jonesy said:

Time to build a wall around Clackmannanshite and Failkirk, TBH. 

Looking at Edinburgh V Falkirk, I think you are right, time for a wall 

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

are you up the meadows just now :toasting:with them :whistling:

Got my best grey tracky on and everything

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Those dates are 10 weeks and 6 days apart and in line with the peak week for 1st doses being the 2nd week in February, when 385k doses were given.  (your 14 February jab would have been reported on 15 February)

Around 275k 2nd doses have still to be given to match the 1st dose figures as at 14 February, which will take another 6 days at current vaccination rates. We should then be doing the 2nd doses corresponding to the 3rd week in February, so your 1 May date is in line with that.

Thanks FF. My wife’s will be due soon although she got hers via work. Mines was the Oxford one hers was the Pfizer. It’s good to see they are managing to stick to the timelines whilst managing the dip in supplies. 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is it too early to start drinking? 

go for it GT i have been in the garden for a couple of hours a few voddies and diet coke playing music from 50s 60s canny whack it

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think the issue with Chile is the efficacy of the Made in China vaccine. Only 16% after one dose they are reporting. 

That's horrendous if accurate. :(

49 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Out of interest.

Have too many folk managed to get a jab as they probably aren't truly 'unpaid' carers and managed to sneak in?

And if so, is the move from online to telephone booking for unpaid carers from Monday an approach to close the 'loophole?'

Its partly that but it’s mostly to generate an appointment earlier than is currently happening

47 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Christ, imagine if that's where it was adminsitered...

JudyJudyJudy

Police en masse patrolling the meadows yet again . Everyone seems to be “ behaving “ accordingly apart from them “ moving “ in a group of teenagers ( males and females ) who were having a drink but behaving . Pathetic really . Usual other crowds of rugby / uni / hippies / eco warriors / gender fluid / non binary / et al drinking as well but must be behaving as they Haven’t been moved on ! Also got into altercation with a jobsworth I. Sainsbury cause I walked in mask less ! I didn’t have time to roll my scarf up before he challenged me ! Went all sheepish when I rolled up my scarf . Welcome to little Hitler countryville . Other than that everything tickety boo 

AA8694BF-2D75-41CA-BE54-D995F02517A0.jpeg

Mars plastic
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

See if it was a competition for most blinkered slavering seperatist, that XB guy would be in at least bronze medal position.

I can most certainly get behind a post like this one right here.

Edited by Mars plastic

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

You lied about the vaccine roll-out in Scotland so made it a competition. 

You are becoming a bit of an obsessive tbh. I didn't make any claim about the vaccine roll-out in Jockoland, I simply stated that, imo, it woukd be more efficient if rolled out at a more local level, giving control to GPs rather than the behemoth that is the NHS. 

Another poster made specific claims about forthcoming problems in Lothian. Ok?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Jockoland

:jj:

35 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Never thought I would hear you ask that question.

Go for it, think I might have one myself.

Aye it was sort of a rhetorical question really. If anyone had said yes I'd have roundly pied them.

What's on the drinks menu at LBJ Towers then? I'm starting off with some cheap Jocko fizzy cooking piss, before moving on to the Peroni for this evening's IPTV soccerball. A mid-range Bordeaux and a Tesco Saint Chinian held in reserve. 

Francis Albert

Experts now saying that it is no longer a pandemic but endemic. 18 deaths in the whole of the UK reported yesterday. 1% of all UK deaths of or with Covid. 99% of something else. 

Good news.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Experts now saying that it is no longer a pandemic but endemic. 18 deaths in the whole of the UK reported yesterday. 1% of all UK deaths of or with Covid. 99% of something else. 

Good news.

Excellent news.

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are becoming a bit of an obsessive tbh. I didn't make any claim about the vaccine roll-out in Jockoland, I simply stated that, imo, it woukd be more efficient if rolled out at a more local level, giving control to GPs rather than the behemoth that is the NHS. 

Another poster made specific claims about forthcoming problems in Lothian. Ok?

😁😁😁😁Coming from the most obsessed poster on this thread 😁😁😁😁. Bye

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Excellent news.

Is it? I thought endemic means it'll be around forever and keep popping up (not an expert!)

Edited by Smithee

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Is it? I thought endemic means it'll be around forever and keep popping up (not an expert!)

It will probably be here forever but hopefully controllable.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

:spoton:

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Look it up. In order of seriousness endemic, epidemic, pandemic. 

But yes it will probanly be around forever like flu and the common cold  and may of course increase in scale. But good news for now.

Edited by Francis Albert

Totally against the full return of schools if they are taking the bus! Mine is every 20 mins and my usual one was 'full' because of social distancing, and the one due 20 mins later was around 10 mins late going by the bus tracker so I ended up just walking the 3 miles to work.

Rush hour bus use is getting more congested again and it isn't going to work because pre-COVID we were packed in like sardines. Those were the days though when you knew you'd be able to squeeze onto the bus.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Oh are some guys still rocking the Burt Reynolds 1970s hirsute look ??????? 😄

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

For me this is a time where CEC etc should be stepping up to the mark and help out.  The Plaza for example should be allowed to be separated off for out door hospitality.  Of course Hearts would need to help the Tynie Arms out too by giving them some space.

I think places are being creative with outdoor spacing. Noticed at the top of Princes Mall they are putting up the bars for Monday. Really expensive but no bad atmosphere when a band is playing.  Also noticed the pub at  near Holy corner ( cant recall the name ) is squeezing loads of outdoor tables outside and they also have pods. Bit of a pretentious place for me . Ill give that a miss. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We swim in the same dark waters, my friend. :(

Another????? 

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Go for it James.

Christ, it's end October since we were last allowed a drink.

Aye i know . I am getting a tad excited about it actually. Its only when you start thinking about it its when you really acknowledge **** ive missed being in the pub., with good friends, music playing. drink flowing, and all the banter with everyone else and not knowing how the night might end up ( ( can be a bad thing :) ) or good :) 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Didn't they try similar with part of the flu vaccination this year and every man and his dug turned up on day 1 at 8 am at some of the centres?

I didnt know that. Yes thats probably why they havent did this with covid. There probably would have been a mad stampede.  

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Look it up. In order of seriousness endemic, epidemic, pandemic. 

But yes it will probanly be around forever like flu and the common cold  and may of course increase in scale. But good news for now.

I just looked it up, it's nothing to do with seriousness but to do with how far it's spread.

https://www.publichealth.columbia.edu/public-health-now/news/epidemic-endemic-pandemic-what-are-differences

Covid hasn't become localised, it's still a problem across borders, so it's still a pandemic.

"WHAT IS AN ENDEMIC?
An endemic is a disease outbreak that is consistently present but limited to a particular region. This makes the disease spread and rates predictable.

Malaria, for example, is considered an endemic in certain countries and regions"

I don't see how covid is now endemic

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It will probably be here forever but hopefully controllable.

I like the hopefully bit

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:jj:

Aye it was sort of a rhetorical question really. If anyone had said yes I'd have roundly pied them.

What's on the drinks menu at LBJ Towers then? I'm starting off with some cheap Jocko fizzy cooking piss, before moving on to the Peroni for this evening's IPTV soccerball. A mid-range Bordeaux and a Tesco Saint Chinian held in reserve. 

Thought you'd appreciate that, Guv.👍

Enzo Chiefo
41 minutes ago, XB52 said:

🤣🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic