Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

So you tell us the SNP shouldn't tell us what to think by telling us how to think. Most folk in Scotland consider themselves Scottish. Only flutemooths, no voting Brexit loving Britnats proclaim otherwise. 

I'm not telling anyone what to think. But considering yourself Scottish and even thinking about it on a daily basis are different things. Lots of Scots also consider themselves. At the extremes there are Scotnats/Britnats which is why millions of folk are sick of constitutional s**te year after year. Brexit and Scexit advocates use exactly the same arguments,  reasons,  dodgy figures. 2 sides of the same coin.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not telling anyone what to think. But considering yourself Scottish and even thinking about it on a daily basis are different things. Lots of Scots also consider themselves. At the extremes there are Scotnats/Britnats which is why millions of folk are sick of constitutional s**te year after year. Brexit and Scexit advocates use exactly the same arguments,  reasons,  dodgy figures. 2 sides of the same coin.

*consider themselves British

After the live music industry leaders slammed the SG's ridiculous restricted reopening conditions for live music, we now have Michelin star chef Tom Kitchin slamming the batshit mental reopening conditions on restauraunts, notably 8pm curfew and no alcohol - conditions that England doesn't have.

He makes many valid points about the destruction of the industry, with businesses racking up huge debts and some people sadly taking their life:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/fed-up-edinburgh-chef-tom-20447393

25 minutes ago, frankblack said:

After the live music industry leaders slammed the SG's ridiculous restricted reopening conditions for live music, we now have Michelin star chef Tom Kitchin slamming the batshit mental reopening conditions on restauraunts, notably 8pm curfew and no alcohol - conditions that England doesn't have.

He makes many valid points about the destruction of the industry, with businesses racking up huge debts and some people sadly taking their life:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/fed-up-edinburgh-chef-tom-20447393

Its really is crazy that people can’t have a drink with their meal 

The kind of people who go to his restaurants aren’t exactly going to be downing shots.... let them have some wine with their meals 

Rupert Pupkin

News today ,Scientists say “Vaccines not Lockdowns” are now the way to control the pandemic... There will be no more Lockdowns, accept it.

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, theshed said:

The kind of people who go to his restaurants aren’t exactly going to be downing shots.... let them have some wine with their meals 

That’s a bit classist really ! So not ok

for the “ plebs “ to have a pint with their Tuesday curry night at the Spoons ? It’s all ludicrous and all these pubs restaurants should be open fully with no Alcohol restrictions 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

News today ,Scientists say “Vaccines not Lockdowns” are now the way to control the pandemic... There will be no more Lockdowns, accept it.

Yes, good news👍

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

for the “ plebs “ to have a pint with their Tuesday curry night at the Spoons ? It’s all ludicrous and all these pubs restaurants should be open fully with no Alcohol restrictions 

Completely agree, James. These restrictions are not in force in England,  so it is, for whatever reason, a political decision. It's like opening swimming pools as long as there is no water!

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Completely agree, James. These restrictions are not in force in England,  so it is, for whatever reason, a political decision. It's like opening swimming pools as long as there is no water!

Very true Enzo and remember last year pubs weren’t allowed music or sound on television . Sucked the life out of even going to them. Deliberate and underhand attempts to ensure it was an unpleasant an experience as possible so we wouldn’t go to them and create a “ rise” in infections ! Pile of pish 

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pubs or restaurants aren't open indoors at all in England until the 17th of May.

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think you’ve picked @theshed up wrong there. I think he just used wine as an example but the point he was making was that folk genuinely going out for a meal aren’t there just to get smashed. They’d quite enjoy a alcoholic drink with their food and it will make zero impact on the safety of the occasion. 

Just now, LMc said:

Pubs or restaurants aren't open indoors at all in England until the 17th of May.

Think he was meaning the time restrictions for outdoor. 

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

some of our doom mongers are going to need counselling 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

It’s fine chief doom monger Nicola will keep them wary and fearful of what might happen.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

It’s fine chief doom monger Nicola will keep them wary and fearful of what might happen.

:jjyay:

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, frankblack said:

I take it you didn't read the article then.

I did. 

No one is forcing him to open on Monday. If he wants to follow the good ship brittania's guidelines then he'll keep himself shut untill the 17th of May when, along with England, he'll be able to serve food and alcohol indoors.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, LMc said:

I know but, the devolved nations wanted their own approach so we decided to open on 26th April. But there is no point in opening pubs & restaurants without alcohol and an 8pm curfew.  When English pubs re-open they will not have any curfews. 

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Agreed, James. If the Gov't are that concerned about it there could be an alcoholic drinks limit as opposed to an outright ban. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

😂 I actually hate that woman. 

She sometimes annoys me as well.

I’m now just looking forward to my first pint in 29 weeks and 3 days.

I worked out roughly how much money I’ve saved.

I won’t tell the wife as it’s quite staggering.

🍺

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Just now, LMc said:

I did. 

No one is forcing him to open on Monday. If he wants to follow the good ship brittania's guidelines then he'll keep himself shut untill the 17th of May when, along with England, he'll be able to serve food and alcohol indoors.

Yes they are - the SG are restricting his ability to break even by batshit mental opening hours.

I take it from your lack of sympathy for Scotland's business owners, that they are just collateral damage to you on your quest for independence?

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Tom stays just near me see him out running quite a lot and spoke to him a couple of times and he really is pissed off about the whole SG approach to hospitality.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yip. The next time she says "we still don't know what effect the vaccines have on transmission", someone will stop her and correct her

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, frankblack said:

Yes they are - the SG are restricting his ability to break even by batshit mental opening hours.

I take it from your lack of sympathy for Scotland's business owners, that they are just collateral damage to you on your quest for independence?

Right. So would you be happier if she just kept hospitality completely closed until the 17th?

Sounds shit up there.

Pub lunch today in 90 min, sunshine beaming down here 🙂 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed, James. If the Gov't are that concerned about it there could be an alcoholic drinks limit as opposed to an outright ban. 

You mean a thoughtful policy that would suit the masses and not punish businesses ? No chance, just allow everyone to get ****ed up but it’s okay because it’s outside. Worked well in the meadows & portobello beach. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, cheetah said:

Sounds shit up there.

I've got a beer garden booked on Monday and it's meant to be raining 🤨

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh tell me some have thrived . Sone can’t wait to post any negative comments / story / article after one

posts something positive 

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yes never more happy when being miserable 

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

I did. 

Completely lacking any understanding or empathy about these businesses . 3 weeks for them from Monday if open fullly would really help them business wise . A nice shot on the arm for them . 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Sounds shit up there.

I’ll be in my local beer garden on Monday at Noon.

Weather forecast not very good but I don’t care.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🍺

I’m looking forward to it too to be fair. Couple outside places booked in time for the rain. 😂😢

1 minute ago, LMc said:

It's been scorching here since the pubs re-opened, been pretty lucky really it's usually pishing down in the toon.

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

Right. So would you be happier if she just kept hospitality completely closed until the 17th?

No, it should have opened the same time as England without the added restrictions.  Why couldn't they do that?

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Completely lacking any understanding or empathy about these businesses . 3 weeks for them from Monday if open fullly would really help them business wise . A nice shot on the arm for them . 

But people are comparing this to England's restrictions where they aren't open at all as well. 

On May 17th the guidelines are almost completely the same I just don't understand why folk are comparing it.

Again, would it be better if she just kept indoors shut untill the 17th like England or give places a chance to open up for food only?

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Enjoy, it is a magic feeling supping a nice cold draught beer after the long wait. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I’m looking forward to it too to be fair. Couple outside places booked in time for the rain. 😂😢

👍🍺

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

👍

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🍺

Lol 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes I noted that too . The Im all right Jack of the lockdown zealots 

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

Oh dear take a brolley 

9 minutes ago, LMc said:

I did. 

It’s a business mate he and thousands like him need to open. The complete disregard for businesses from Nicola and her supporters is quite staggering. 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s a business mate he and thousands like him need to open. The complete disregard for businesses from Nicola and her supporters is quite staggering. 

Its not just his business its his entire supply chain that gets hit.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This is the type of dedication I admire in a man. 

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, it should have opened the same time as England without the added restrictions.  Why couldn't they do that?

Caution. Variants. Virus. Numbers. 

Now let me be absolutely clear. 

19 hours ago, theshed said:

Im 50 and got mines a few weeks back. The missus is 48 and not heard a peep 

102,000 in Scotland from 50 and above and 16+ vulnerable have not yet had their first vaccine. Big shortage of vaccine plus Lothian dropping AZ except for 2nd jabs for those who already had it means the under 50’s will be largely held back until all those are cleared and the 2nd jabs for high age groups is done. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thanks Gov.

As we’ve said previously helping out a local business is a must.

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks Gov.

As we’ve said previously helping out a local business is a must.

Exactly. I'm also booked in for pints at Tynecastle this weekend as it's the number one local business I want to help out 😏 

Edit: Next weekend 🙄

Edited by LMc

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

you forgot " listen" .... 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We havent booked anywhere But  might have a look about that day and see . Dont really drink on a Monday really.  But why not... :) 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

We havent booked anywhere But  might have a look about that day and see . Dont really drink on a Monday really.  But why not... :) 

Monday is usually a day I miss but I will make an exception next week.

😀

2 hours ago, theshed said:

So the rich can have a drink with a meal but the poor can’t ? 

There is no sound reasoning behind not being allowed a beer or a wine with a meal. No justification for it politically or scientifically.

There is also no sound reasoning for any kind of curfew. You either allow something or you don’t. You are no more safe or exposed being in a restaurant at 10pm than you were at 6pm.

There is very little justification left for any of these restrictions, apart from travelling to and from high risks countries. More people died from Alzheimer’s this month than died from Covid

Edited by JimmyCant

manaliveits105
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

102,000 in Scotland from 50 and above and 16+ vulnerable have not yet had their first vaccine. Big shortage of vaccine plus Lothian dropping AZ except for 2nd jabs for those who already had it means the under 50’s will be largely held back until all those are cleared and the 2nd jabs for high age groups is done. 

what is going on ? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic