Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I may have noticed that a bit sooner.

No. We're still good friends all these years later though. I have an inkling that might not be the case if she had gone through with it. :D

Her anger management course must have worked.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I may have noticed that a bit sooner.

No. We're still good friends all these years later though. I have an inkling that might not be the case if she had gone through with it. :D

I would hope so to both ! 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was August of that year.

Such a long time ago.

I know feels centuries ago . Time has just flown by 

36 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

My daughter has her first vaccination appointment for next week.

33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes, today's figures of 2,523 first doses and 50,388 second doses clearly indicates how this is being played out, imo. Unless there's an influx of vaccine supplies, vaccination of the not-at-risk segment of the younger generations will generally wait until there is confidence that we have enough vaccines to complete the second doses within the allotted number of weeks, a confidence which we will only have further on in the second vaccination process.

There was certainly more and more folk getting vaxxed last week in the 1970s to 1980 but of course could the last remnants of at risk or unpaid carers.

I've a mate born in 72 in neither, who is booked in for back end of first week in May so it is starting.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I would hope so to both ! 

I know feels centuries ago . Time has just flown by 

:lol:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

There was certainly more and more folk getting vaxxed last week in the 1970s to 1980 but of course could the last remnants of at risk or unpaid carers.

I've a mate born in 72 in neither, who is booked in for back end of first week in May so it is starting.

I was at the EICC yesterday for my second jag.

Not exceptionally busy but steady l

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was there on Saturday night and it was very quiet compared to what I’d imagined. To such an extent I actually was in and out before my appointment time. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I was there on Saturday night and it was very quiet compared to what I’d imagined. To such an extent I actually was in and out before my appointment time. 

The Mrs appointment was 13.00 and I was 17.00.

I just went with her and asked if I could get the jag now.

Wasn’t a problem.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I initially skim read that as “ more anc more people getting waxed last week In the 1970s to 1980s” and was thinking Wtf 😬 

Footballfirst
49 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers Red noticed that the first doses are dropping daily to accommodate the second doses i assume. Lets hope we start ramping up the vaccination process for all our younger folk.

The ramp up of 2nd doses is required to match the ramp up of 1st doses 10/11 weeks ago.

However, PHS has tweeted that over 40s should look out for their invites (I assume for appointments a couple of weeks ahead).

Just now, Footballfirst said:

The ramp up of 2nd doses is required to match the ramp up of 1st doses 10/11 weeks ago.

However, PHS has tweeted that over 40s should look out for their invites (I assume for appointments a couple of weeks ahead).

My other half got her letter yesterday (she's 49) and goes to the Gyle on Monday for her first jag.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Will be intruiging on approach for 2nd jags.

I'm sure it's AZ the lead nurse was saying 10 weeks between doses is best efficacy.

Do you try and retain 10 weeks between doses, or try and get more first doses done with those 2 weeks of supply?

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm sure it's AZ the lead nurse was saying 10 weeks between doses is best efficacy.

Do you try and retain 10 weeks between doses, or try and get more first doses done with those 2 weeks of supply?

I was told be the nurse for the AZ my next jab would be between 10 - 12 weeks 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yesterday's 50k 2nd doses means that the total of 2nd doses matches the 1st dose total as at 7 February (10 weeks and 3 days ago), so there is approx 11 days leeway to stay within the 12 week target.

However the daily 1st dose numbers beyond 6 February were, 53k, 28k, 61k, 57k, 63k, 65k, 60k, 50k before settling down to the low 30s.

Once that peak is passed, then I expect that 1st/2nd doses will be more balanced, right through to July when all adults are expected to received their 1st doses.  After July, it will be mainly 2nd doses, until a decision if further boosters are required is taken.

Edited by Footballfirst

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was told be the nurse for the AZ my next jab would be between 10 - 12 weeks 

When I got mine (AZ) at start March they were saying 8 - 10 weeks but looks like they have need to extend.

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yesterday's 50k 2nd doses means that the total of 2nd doses matches the 1st dose total as at 7 February (10 weeks and 3 days ago), so there is approx 11 days leeway to stay within the 12 week target.

However the daily 1st dose numbers beyond 6 February were, 53k, 28k, 61k, 57k, 63k, 65k, 60k, 50k before settling down to the low 30s.

Once that peak is passed, then I expect that 1st/2nd doses will be more balanced, right through to July when all adults are expected to received their 1st doses.  After July, it will be mainly 2nd doses, until a decision if further boosters are required is taken.

Thanks.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

When I got mine (AZ) at start March they were saying 8 - 10 weeks but looks like they have need to extend.

Yes she def said 10-12 weeks to me so maybe extended it as u say . 

Nucky Thompson

A recent study found that out of 74,000 people admitted to hospital in recent months, only 32 had been vaccinated and that is in the elderly population

John Findlay

I was given my first AZ vaccination on March 27th, the person administering the Jag, said 12 weeks to me, so I'm expecting my second jag anytime from June the 19th onwards.

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes she def said 10-12 weeks to me so maybe extended it as u say . 

I was exactly 11 weeks for my second jag.

jambos are go!

Had my second jab today at EICC.  Steady but not busy. Bit annoyed because the time and  location did not suit. Even after trying several times a day for a week no other locations or time slots  were available. Phoning or on line. Hard to understand but at least its done.

India being hit hard. Almost 300k cases a day now and hospitals unable to cope.

Thank **** our vaccine programme has been going like the clappers. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I got mine (AZ) at the start of March as well and was told it would be 10 - 12 weeks before the second, which puts it sometime around the middle to end of May.

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Tell him then ! 

I'm sure he knows, a total bellend of poster now who appears to enjoy the attention he gets from his bad faith posting.

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm sure like most other Covid commentators in the UK, he already reads the JKB Covid thread daily in order to gain insight into the best cutting-edge debate on the issues surrounding the pandemic.

:kirklol:
Credit where its due, you do your best redjambo to keep the debate and information top quality. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

a total bellend of poster now who appears to enjoy the attention he gets from his bad faith posting.

No good reason to dislike someone. :(

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I'm sure he knows, a total bellend of poster now who appears to enjoy the attention he gets from his bad faith posting.

images.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy

Shes a real chancer.  Seriously.  Wanting to " share" the blame for the care home deaths with the rest of the nations. NO it doesn't work like that . Scotland has devolved health and these deaths were on her  watch. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19243976.covid-scotland-families-victims-demand-answers-nicola-sturgeon-calls-uk-wide-inquiry/?fbclid=IwAR3JVZfeoZv0kev367P43vO8GKWn0DswJF5mkGDfm6I-NuVz17xwlrGE18o

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Here's a wee stat about the EICC.

According to NHS Lothian the EICC is capable of vaccinating over 21,000 people per week.

https://news.nhslothian.scot/Pages/20210201_FirstVaccinationstakeplaceattheEICC.aspx

By comparison, the Stade de France in Saint Denis, Paris, which is France's largest mass vaccination centre, has a capacity to vaccinate up to 10,000 people per week.  

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210406-france-s-biggest-stadium-becomes-giant-covid-vaccination-centre

So just one vaccination centre in Edinburgh the EICC has the capability to vaccinate over double the amount of people per week, than the biggest vaccination centre in France.

When I seen that the other week, I was just astonished at it, and it just highlights the success of our roll-out compared to other's.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Here's a wee stat about the EICC.

According to NHS Lothian the EICC is capable of vaccinating over 21,000 people per week.

https://news.nhslothian.scot/Pages/20210201_FirstVaccinationstakeplaceattheEICC.aspx

By comparison, the Stade de France in Saint Denis, Paris, which is France's largest mass vaccination centre, has a capacity to vaccinate up to 10,000 people per week.  

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210406-france-s-biggest-stadium-becomes-giant-covid-vaccination-centre

So just one vaccination centre in Edinburgh the EICC has the capability to vaccinate over double the amount of people per week, than the biggest vaccination centre in France.

When I seen that the other week, I was just astonished at it, and it just highlights the success of our roll-out compared to other's.

That's quite remarkable. 

👍

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Shes a real chancer.  Seriously.  Wanting to " share" the blame for the care home deaths with the rest of the nations. NO it doesn't work like that . Scotland has devolved health and these deaths were on her  watch. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19243976.covid-scotland-families-victims-demand-answers-nicola-sturgeon-calls-uk-wide-inquiry/?fbclid=IwAR3JVZfeoZv0kev367P43vO8GKWn0DswJF5mkGDfm6I-NuVz17xwlrGE18o

Disgusting - Sturgeon oot 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

India being hit hard. Almost 300k cases a day now and hospitals unable to cope.

Thank **** our vaccine programme has been going like the clappers. 

Looking very like it wasn't the greatest idea to allow all those religious festivals to take place all over India in the last month or so, the thing is the medics/scientists warned what could happen and the authorities ignored the warnings and allowed millions of people to gather for the festivals.

50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Credit where its due, you do your best redjambo to keep the debate and information top quality. 

Information, perhaps. Debate, I'm as bad as anyone else. :D

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Information, perhaps. Debate, I'm as bad as anyone else. :D

Just leave the debating to the residential expert.

😉

51 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Some media reports this morning, that the travel industry has been told that a vaccine passports will be put in place by the end of May.

This seems to be a schemed specifically related to the U.K. to enable travel. Plans for a ‘worldwide’ vaccination are also apparently underway but will take much longer to get in place. 

The reports also suggest that the U.K. is looking at vaccine passports for domestic settings. This is not expect till after Junev at the latest. 

It does appear that they are on there way.

In two mind really don’t like the general idea and I think foreign travel is probably the wrong strategy right now. That said, I’m a selfish ***** at heart, and I will jump at the chance to take up foreign travel for holiday purposes for the fam. 

Good idea as long as it only allows travel to places who’s vaccine levels are similar or better than ours. If it’s w free for all then it’s a no from me. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Some media reports this morning, that the travel industry has been told that a vaccine passports will be put in place by the end of May.

This seems to be a schemed specifically related to the U.K. to enable travel. Plans for a ‘worldwide’ vaccination are also apparently underway but will take much longer to get in place. 

The reports also suggest that the U.K. is looking at vaccine passports for domestic settings. This is not expect till after Junev at the latest. 

It does appear that they are on there way.

In two mind really don’t like the general idea and I think foreign travel is probably the wrong strategy right now. That said, I’m a selfish ***** at heart, and I will jump at the chance to take up foreign travel for holiday purposes for the fam. 

So the much maligned “ conspiracy theorists “ have mainly been correct . Sad day really . 

Vaccine passports are going to be a nightmare as you go down the ages and when they bring them in.

If you've been offered one but couldn't attend until after the passport comes in is that you now out of luck?

I'll probably not be available to get one in my local area until August due to work (which is ironically due to it all going on hold for Covid). 

Which then goes into a bit of a cycle of restriction. Can't finish my work as I'll be banned from hotels, even though I can use them now and then work project will take longer to get completed in turn pushing back my vaccine availability

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

So the much maligned “ conspiracy theorists “ have mainly been correct . Sad day really . 

The concept of vaccine passports was never a conspiracy theory - it was an obvious move that was openly speculated on before the vaccines even hit arms. 

Don't give those fools any succour. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Good idea as long as it only allows travel to places who’s vaccine levels are similar or better than ours. If it’s w free for all then it’s a no from me. 

Off to Israel we go then.

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Off to Israel we go then.

You wouldn’t catch me anywhere near that country  it’s a no from me . Not that desperate to go Abroad . I’ll wait for Benidorm or Roma 😳

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

You wouldn’t catch me anywhere near that country  it’s a no from me . Not that desperate to go Abroad . I’ll wait for Benidorm or Roma 😳

i'm definitely a stay at home this year might chance a wee Dublin trip never been. Back to the states next year though Vegas :munny: here we come. 

Seymour M Hersh

Are they still sending out letters inviting you for a jab for the over 40s or do you have to call and arrange one yourself? 

heartstastic
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

The concept of vaccine passports was never a conspiracy theory - it was an obvious move that was openly speculated on before the vaccines even hit arms. 

Many prefer to believe whatever makes them feel good instead of following the dictates of objectivity, evidence, and reason. They are apathetic to truth, especially when it contravenes their comfort and pleasure. In some their very identity is ensnared by propaganda, making them allergic to any of the bountiful information that might suggest they have been fooled. They don't want discussion or friendly debate. They don't want to learn anything, especially when it is not presented by a MSM-approved "expert."

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Correct

3 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Many prefer to believe whatever makes them feel good instead of following the dictates of objectivity, evidence, and reason. They are apathetic to truth, especially when it contravenes their comfort and pleasure. In some their very identity is ensnared by propaganda, making them allergic to any of the bountiful information that might suggest they have been fooled. They don't want discussion or friendly debate. 

You realise this sounds like you are describing yourself, right? 

1 minute ago, heartstastic said:

Many prefer to believe whatever makes them feel good instead of following the dictates of objectivity, evidence, and reason. They are apathetic to truth, especially when it contravenes their comfort and pleasure. In some their very identity is ensnared by propaganda, making them allergic to any of the bountiful information that might suggest they have been fooled. They don't want discussion or friendly debate. They don't want to learn anything, especially when it is not presented by a MSM-approved "expert."

You didn't read what I wrote did you? I said this was NOT a conspiracy since its in plain sight and vaccine records have long been used to permit certain travel.  

Still if another copy pasta makes you feel good about being stuck down a rabbit hole, then good for you.   

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

Well that rules out just about everywhere apart from Israel

43 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are they still sending out letters inviting you for a jab for the over 40s or do you have to call and arrange one yourself? 

Still by appointment letter and they have barely started yet 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Still by appointment letter and they have barely started yet 

Maybe places with low prevalence of the virus could be included ? Either way I don’t think we should take any risks. 

28 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Maybe places with low prevalence of the virus could be included ? Either way I don’t think we should take any risks. 

I’m sure they will produce lists of red amber and green countries for this 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic