Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Minimal wage ! Long hours, temp contact  , must have ability to appear smug and feign knowledge about covid and the scientific data behind it to use in any arguments with those who don’t abide by the 1 metre rule . Sense of humour may also help as you will be laughed out of the premises probably 

The Marshall would probably stand around all day, hands in his pocket or on his phone having a laugh and a joke just reminding folk it's 1m social distancing and households 'should' sit across from each other.

Easy money.

Then the one person comes in, needs the whole world to revolve around them, makes a scene and is refused entry or asked to leave.

'Why me, why me again' he cries on the way out.

Edited by DETTY29

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, theshed said:

Thanks.... will get myself out for a meal next week but stupid I can’t have a glass of wine with it 

Not that I’m interested in nightclubs anymore but hopefully for these guys jobs they can open up later in the summer and get back to earning some money 

Think it’ll be a while before night clubs are opened ! Can’t even see normal pubs getting passed 1030 pm closure for a long time either ! This current Govt hasn’t got a great relationship with the hospitality industry 

52 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

A study has found regular exercise can reduce impact of infectious diseases, including COVID, by about a third.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19246151.physical-exercise-cuts-covid-death-illness-risk-third/

Why would you take responsibility for your own health when you can just rely on others to abandon their lives and stay indoors to protect you?

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

30 min a day or 150min a week according to study.

👍 Easily get that. 

150 a day would have been nae chance! 

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Marshall would probably stand around all day, hands in his pocket or on his phone having a laugh and ajoke just reminding folk it's 1m social distancing and households 'should' to sit across from each other.

Easy money.

Then the one person who comes in, needs the whole world to revolve around them, makes a scene and is

Is ?????! Prey continue 

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

0800 030 8013 that’s vaccine helpline. If an appointment arranged, you should have been given a access code to re strange. 

Cheers. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why would you take responsibility for your own health when you can just rely on others to abandon their lives and stay indoors to protect you?

Very true 

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

👍

150 a day would have been nae chance! 

It's quite easy in quarantine tbf. 

3 or 4 prison workouts spread throughout the day, and half an hour of Joe Wickes for a bit of seethe. 

Benefits offset somewhat by the beer and wine each night, mind. 

55 minutes ago, theshed said:

Thanks.... will get myself out for a meal next week but stupid I can’t have a glass of wine with it 

Not that I’m interested in nightclubs anymore but hopefully for these guys jobs they can open up later in the summer and get back to earning some money 

I'm not sure whether the SG or WM could have been convinced otherwise to separate hospitality out so that for example a glass of wine or a drink with a meal in a restaurant environment could be separated from says pubs, but then that is prejudicing within the same industry.  (Of course there was what is a cafe debate late last summer, autumn and what determined a main meal)

Maybe as with foreign travel, test, track and trace, if we had followed the NZ, Australia model as close as was logistically possible, we could have had far more internal economy open and that income derived to the exchequer instead could be diverted elsewhere to support those that can't.

Edited by DETTY29

35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is ?????! Prey continue 

Haha pressed 'saved' by mistake before finishing.

You get the point about the whole world having to revolve around them.

Enzo Chiefo
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The Govt should employ even more Marshall’s with measuring tapes to go around pubs and restaurants. Sounds like there won’t be a shortage of applicants ! Mother of god as Hastings would say 👍 

Now we're sucking diesel!

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Haha pressed 'saved' by mistake before finishing.

You get the point about the whole world having to revolve around them.

😂

24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Now we're sucking diesel!

😂

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

😂

😂

Come on James, I'd a retort where I noted 43.5m vaccines in the UK had been administered and folk were turning up in their millions with their appointment letters; confirmation emails, screenshots, reference number written down on gas bills, post-it notes, back of hand but naturally you had to turn up with 🐓 all.

;)

Edited by DETTY29

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Come on James, I'd a retort where I noted 43.5m vaccines in the UK had been administered and folk were turning up in their millions with their appointment letters; confirmation emails, screenshots, reference number written down on gas bills, post-it notes, back of hand but naturally you had to turn up with 🐓 all.

;)

Lol well  I said the classic “ don’t you know who I Am “ line ! It seemed to work .  I’ve a brass neck at times so I’ve been told ( sheepishly I later did find out on the letter you were meant to bring it along too !) 👀

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

;)

Taking documentation would appear the obvious thing to do...that said I don't think I've ever taken any of the things you listed above to any NHS appointment I've attended over my 16 years as an adult.

Do other people normally do that?

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Taking documentation would appear the obvious thing to do...that said I don't think I've ever taken any of the things you listed above to any NHS appointment I've attended over my 16 years as an adult.

Completely true . I’ve attended various hospital appointments etc and no need for I’d .

In amongst all the bickering about hospitality social distancing guidelines that haven't changed from last time, are the same in England, as they were last time, the vast number of venues who set tables within 1m social guidelines as best they could, but didn't always check household parameters, knowing some people would and others wouldn't self comply.....

Has anyone had a 1st Moderna vaccine at the Gyle and what was required afterwards about sitting about for 15  minutes? Everyone, none, drivers only?

Also, if you got an AZ first dose at the Gyle (1st March to 18th April), please check your second dose letter carefully as I doubt your 2nd dose will be there.

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Has anyone had a 1st Moderna vaccine at the Gyle and what was required afterwards about sitting about for 15  minutes? Everyone, none, drivers only?

15 minute wait for everyone.

Scotsmen has put a little bit up about what to expect.

Note outdoors till 10pm subject to all licensing laws.  I'm sure a lot of Edinburgh with non private venue gardens had a 9pm cut off (Rose Street, Grassmarket).  Perhaps CEC has been on ball and given some short term leeway to extend.

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink/hospitality-reopening-what-to-expect-when-visiting-pubs-and-restaurants-in-scotland-from-april-26/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

There is also a check in app you can QR Code to save a bit of time queuing with contact details.

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/in-the-news/check-in-scotland-app-what-is-it-what-info-is-stored-and-how-does-it-work/

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, LMc said:

15 minute wait for everyone.

Cheers.

Just a note for all (unless plans changed over weekend) if you are called to go to Gyle now for first vaccine, it is will be Moderna, so you need to sit around for 15 minutes.  

Previous 6 weeks was AZ and only drivers were asked to do 15 mins, which folk have noted in here a few times.

There was also talk of updating blue envelope letters and you would be told in the letter what vaccine you would be getting.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I have never been asked to take ID to a NHS appointment in my life or requested to provide ID for a NHS appointment. I was not requested to either in my vaccination invite. I only received a text no letter.

I don’t really carry a wallet around with me nowadays, I have a phone which I can pay for things etc. 

I didn’t take any ID to my vaccination and it was a pain. Ended up having to show social media and bank accounts to various people to get through it. My wife and father in law both received there without letters, texts messages or ID. Where as I was ID like a 15 year old trying to get into a booozers.🤷🏻‍♂️

If they want people to take ID they need to say, its not a normal or implied requirement when dealing with NHS. Usually address, DOB and medical practice is all you need.

Interesting, and inconsistent with every other NHS appointment but it does make sense to take ID I guess. I'd never thought about it before and it's actually quite odd that you don't have to take ID to other NHS appointments. Maybe something that will come in on the back of this.

For something like an appointment I'd usually see on the letter where and when it was, put it in my calendar then put the letter in the bin...which sounds like in this instance may have led me to experience some issues!! 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Just my age I suppose, but if I'm booked for anything I take the letter, have the email, confirmation text handy and open.

In the grand scheme of things if there is a problem, if you have it is more likely to get sorted quickly, if not risks more stress and anxiety.

In reality, may or may not, but it's the perception that can stress folk out.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol well  I said the classic “ don’t you know who I Am “ line ! It seemed to work .  I’ve a brass neck at times so I’ve been told ( sheepishly I later did find out on the letter you were meant to bring it along too !) 👀

Unless the centre was heaving, which they aren't just now, I think you came up against a real jobsworth.

Name, DOB and address will find 'your' appointment on the system (if the appt is booked in) and as you will have turned up at roughly the correct time, they will know it is you beyond any reasonable doubt.

As long as it was explained that as you didn't have the letter or a reference number, if you weren't on the appointment system for that day, you wouldn't get a jag and you'd have to call up the hotline to find out what was wrong, would seem a fair enough approach.

Edited by DETTY29

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Just my age I suppose, but if I'm booked for anything I take the letter, have the email, confirmation text handy and open.

In the grand scheme of things if there is a problem  you have it is more likely to get sorted quickly, if not risks more stress and anxiety.

In reality, may or may not, but it's the perception that can stress folk out.

Don't think it's an age thing, I do that for most things. Booking confirmation email saved, reference number to hand etc out of fear of a cock up...just not with letters as I hate carrying about paperwork.

The anomaly though is the NHS, I've never done any of the above for going to the doctor or a hospital appointment, I've always just turned up. 

ID should really be all you need for any appointment anywhere as if they've sent you a letter, text, email then they already know you have an appointment; proving you're that person is all you need to do...if only it always went that smoothly 😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Unless the centre was heaving, which they aren't just now, I think you came up against a real jobsworth.

Name, DOB and address will find 'your' appointment on the system (if the appt is booked in) and as you will have turned up at roughly the correct time, they will know it is you beyond any reasonable doubt.

As long as it was explained that as you didn't have the letter or a reference number, if you weren't on the appointment system for that day, you wouldn't get a jag and you'd have to call up the hotline to find out what was wrong, would seem a fair enough approach.

Well he was a jobsworth and I was pretty anxious too about getting the jag and my heart was racing a bit so it wasn’t pleasant . Like u say it’s irrelevant if I had the letter as  on their computer . “ the computer says yes “ !😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Don't think it's an age thing, I do that for most things. Booking confirmation email saved, reference number to hand etc out of fear of a cock up...just not with letters as I hate carrying about paperwork.

The anomaly though is the NHS, I've never done any of the above for going to the doctor or a hospital appointment, I've always just turned up. 

ID should really be all you need for any appointment anywhere as if they've sent you a letter, text, email then they already know you have an appointment; proving you're that person is all you need to do...if only it always went that smoothly 😂😂

Oh I’m awful when travelling abroad as I continually check I have my passport on my before leaving house and then multiple times at the airport . Prob mild form of ocd 

manaliveits105

Public Health Scotland cant rule out a link between hospital releases to care homes and covid outbreaks in care homes 

:vrface:

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Makes you wonder why ? 

EAFE2282-C75F-41EF-B3A6-2D85BEE79CDA.jpeg

Not if they follow up the 1,000 cases with a second test. Not very bright this chap, is he?

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Not if they follow up the 1,000 cases with a second test. Not very bright this chap, is he?

Tell him then ! 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Tell him then ! 

I'm sure like most other Covid commentators in the UK, he already reads the JKB Covid thread daily in order to gain insight into the best cutting-edge debate on the issues surrounding the pandemic.

Scottish numbers: 21 April 2021

Summary

• 273 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+95; down from 278 a week ago]
  • 24,349 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+9,481]
    • 1.3% of these were positive [-0.1%]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-1]
  • 14 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 107 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 2,752,575 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 847,655 have received their second dose [+2,523; +50,388]

Today's trend stats. The good news is that I've been able to reconstruct the missing council data from 16 April using the sample data (thanks to FootballFirst for the original conversations and then to John from Travelling Tabby for carrying on the conversation and also for providing the historic data that allowed me to make the calculations). I shouldn't have had to do this (here's looking at you, SG) but ho hum. :)

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     19 Apr 18 Apr 17 Apr 16 Apr 15 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland   28 28 0   29 29 29 31 32 ... 59
Clackmannanshire 4 3 72 58 +14   66 58 58 47 52 ... 233
North Lanarkshire 4 3 58 52 +6   54 48 50 54 54 ... 117
Glasgow City 4 3 49 51 -2   56 58 57 58 58 ... 81
South Lanarkshire 4 3 44 45 -1   49 47 44 42 41 ... 62
East Ayrshire 4 3 42 34 +8   30 25 29 23 25 ... 72
Perth & Kinross 4 3 36 32 +4   28 19 18 17 18 ... 36
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 34 29 +5   24 16 14 13 18 ... 56
Moray 4 1 34 37 -3   27 27 31 35 48 ... 56
Falkirk 4 2 32 32 0   30 28 32 40 40 ... 90
East Renfrewshire 4 3 29 35 -6   44 41 41 41 40 ... 45
North Ayrshire 4 3 28 30 -2   26 26 22 22 19 ... 71
Aberdeen City 4 3 24 27 -3   28 26 25 28 31 ... 44
Edinburgh City 4 3 24 21 +3   18 15 15 15 17 ... 50
Fife 4 3 24 29 -5   31 34 37 40 44 ... 42
West Lothian 4 3 24 31 -7   34 40 41 43 49 ... 129
Dundee City 4 3 23 29 -6   28 31 34 40 43 ... 64
Renfrewshire 4 3 23 30 -7   37 40 47 54 56 ... 103
South Ayrshire 4 3 21 14 +7   12 6 4 8 10 ... 19
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 18 15 +3   12 16 19 22 25 ... 66
Aberdeenshire 4 3 17 15 +2   16 15 13 12 13 ... 28
Inverclyde 4 2 17 17 0   15 18 24 23 22 ... 21
Highland 4/3 1 13 16 -3   15 16 20 20 17 ... 7
Stirling 4 3 12 14 -2   14 17 18 29 35 ... 58
Angus 4 2 11 10 +1   10 9 11 9 8 ... 42
East Lothian 4 3 6 4 +2   4 5 6 7 10 ... 37
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 5 3 +2   5 5 5 5 6 ... 7
Meadhan Lodainn 4 3 5 4 +1   5 6 9 9 10 ... 57
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 3 2 +1   2 2 3 3 4 ... 5
Scottish Borders 4 1 2 3 -1   3 3 2 3 3 ... 11
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   9 9 13 13 13 ... 9

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     19 Apr 18 Apr 17 Apr 16 Apr 15 Apr ... 1 Apr
Tests     18000 18063 -63   18133 18011 18128 18536 18906 ... 21722
Positivity rate %     1.4 1.4 0.0   1.5 1.4 1.5 1.5 1.5 ... 2.4
Deaths     1.3 1.6 -0.3   1.7 1.7 1.7 2.0 2.4 ... 5.4
All Vaccinations     38691 37070 +1621   35131 36600 36269 37208 37352 ... 49063
1st Dose     8229 9621 -1392   11282 12379 12838 13787 14266 ... 29659
2nd Dose     30462 27449 +3013   23849 24221 23431 23421 23086 ... 19404

Daily data                          
Hospital (non-ICU)     93 93 0   90 N/A N/A 91 99 ... 194
ICU     14 13 +1   14 N/A N/A 18 16 ... 21

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Public Health Scotland cant rule out a link between hospital releases to care homes and covid outbreaks in care homes 

:vrface:

The finest minds are on the job. :vrface:

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Today's trend stats. The good news is that I've been able to reconstruct the missing council data from 16 April using the sample data (thanks to FootballFirst for the original conversations and then to John from Travelling Tabby for carrying on the conversation and also for providing the historic data that allowed me to make the calculations). I shouldn't have had to do this (here's looking at you, SG) but ho hum. :)

Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     19 Apr 18 Apr 17 Apr 16 Apr 15 Apr ... 1 Apr

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     19 Apr 18 Apr 17 Apr 16 Apr 15 Apr ... 1 Apr
All Vaccinations     38691 37070 +1621   35131 36600 36269 37208 37352 ... 49063

Daily data                          

👍

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh I’m awful when travelling abroad as I continually check I have my passport on my before leaving house and then multiple times at the airport . Prob mild form of ocd 

It's always a good idea to check your passport multiple times in case you fall out with a partner.

A guy I used to work with fell out with his partner. 

He was going on a jollies and when he got to the airport he did have his passport but unfortunately she had ripped out the important bits of the passport. 😭

Fxxx the SPFL
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Daily data                          

cheers Red noticed that the first doses are dropping daily to accommodate the second doses i assume. Lets hope we start ramping up the vaccination process for all our younger folk.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Daily data                          

👍

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

cheers Red noticed that the first doses are dropping daily to accommodate the second doses i assume. Lets hope we start ramping up the vaccination process for all our younger folk.

My daughter has her first vaccination appointment for next week.

5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yes, today's figures of 2,523 first doses and 50,388 second doses clearly indicates how this is being played out, imo. Unless there's an influx of vaccine supplies, vaccination of the not-at-risk segment of the younger generations will generally wait until there is confidence that we have enough vaccines to complete the second doses within the allotted number of weeks, a confidence which we will only have further on in the second vaccination process.

Edited by redjambo

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It's always a good idea to check your passport multiple times in case you fall out with a partner.

He was going on a jollies and when he got to the airport he did have his passport but unfortunately she had ripped out the important bits of the passport. 😭

:D

I had a girlfriend once who, after we broke up, said that she was on the verge of ripping out the last pages of all my books so that she could have the delicious thought of my reading one, finding the last page ripped out and then, realising what had happened, going through my other books only to find them all in the same state. Fortunately, she didn't go through with it.

JudyJudyJudy
47 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 21 April 2021

Summary

• 273 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+95; down from 278 a week ago]
  • 24,349 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+9,481]
    • 1.3% of these were positive [-0.1%]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-1]
  • 14 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 107 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 2,752,575 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 847,655 have received their second dose [+2,523; +50,388]

👍

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I had a girlfriend once who, after we broke up, said that she was on the verge of ripping out the last pages of all my books so that she could have the delicious thought of my reading one, finding the last page ripped out and then, realising what had happened, going through my other books only to find them all in the same state. Fortunately, she didn't go through with it.

Could have been worse she could have cut your balls off 👀

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Oh tell me about it ! My partner and I have rather a tempestuous relationship at times, think “ who’s afraid of Virginia Wolfe “?

And I wouldn’t put it past them doing that ! Maybe that’s why I check it all the time. Hmmmmm 👀👀👀 got me thinking . 😂

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Did you get back together?

:lol:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh tell me about it ! My partner and I have rather a tempestuous relationship at times, think “ who’s afraid of Virginia Wolfe “?

And I wouldn’t put it past them doing that ! Maybe that’s why I check it all the time. Hmmmmm 👀👀👀 got me thinking . 😂

I’m always inclined to check my quite frequently as well.

It seems that long since I needed a passport.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m always inclined to check my quite frequently as well.

It seems that long since I needed a passport.

I know last time I used mine was June 2019 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Could have been worse she could have cut your balls off 👀

I may have noticed that a bit sooner.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Did you get back together?

:lol:

No. We're still good friends all these years later though. I have an inkling that might not be the case if she had gone through with it. :D

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I know last time I used mine was June 2019 

I was August of that year.

Such a long time ago.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic