Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree. But it was never even mentioned last year. It was 3 households at a table then 2 and, in my local, changes were made but there was no mention of 1m distancing at the same table. Obviously the hospitality industry aren't aware of it either

That's just lies. In case you missed the post earlier, here are the relevant rules from last year

The guidance in August - don't see any change myself?

Physical distancing

Everyone visiting a hospitality setting must remain at least 1 metre apart from the next person, unless from the same household or a carer. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in any pubs or restaurants that I was in.  It won't be enforced this time either due to being impractical. 

There is a huge difference from the rules and the rules being enforced. The point was that the media headlines about hospitality being up in arms due to the rules changing was just bullshit

Nucky Thompson
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good. Hopefully anyone who found dodging gets a bit of quarantine in their local (Riddrie) Hilton. They are nearly as bad as folk who travel to England so they can live it up in caravan.

Desperately leave the hoose to live in a caravan. :rofl:

I would rather live in a caravan in Outer Mongolia than a council but n ben in Paisley

Enzo Chiefo
56 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That's just lies. In case you missed the post earlier, here are the relevant rules from last year

The guidance in August - don't see any change myself?

Physical distancing

Everyone visiting a hospitality setting must remain at least 1 metre apart from the next person, unless from the same household or a carer. 

Lies?? Wtf you talking about? I'm telling you about my experience in numerous restaurants and pubs last year. The 1m distancing at the same table was never mentioned by anyone, bar owners, punters etc. How could you possibly manage it or  arrange it? It was between tables. The fact that restaurant owners are unaware of it proves the point. It's ludicrous and needs ditched. That would be the easiest solution. 

Enzo Chiefo
59 minutes ago, XB52 said:

There is a huge difference from the rules and the rules being enforced. The point was that the media headlines about hospitality being up in arms due to the rules changing was just bullshit

Knowing the SG, they've probably entered the requirement into last years guidelines retrospectively.  Not that I'd expect you to ever criticise anything the wee megalomaniac does.

33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Knowing the SG, they've probably entered the requirement into last years guidelines retrospectively.  Not that I'd expect you to ever criticise anything the wee megalomaniac does.

The same rule existed, and was similarly ignored, in England.

It is also still the case there. Stay at least 1 metre from other households. 

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Lies?? Wtf you talking about? I'm telling you about my experience in numerous restaurants and pubs last year. The 1m distancing at the same table was never mentioned by anyone, bar owners, punters etc. How could you possibly manage it or  arrange it? It was between tables. The fact that restaurant owners are unaware of it proves the point. It's ludicrous and needs ditched. That would be the easiest solution. 

It wont get ditched....she is too pigheaded and stubborn and will drag the restrictions as long as she can. Mark my words/ 

Enzo Chiefo
47 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It wont get ditched....she is too pigheaded and stubborn and will drag the restrictions as long as she can. Mark my words/ 

Yes, I fear that you're right James. Power certainly corrupts. There's an arrogance about her, a believe that she shouldn't even be questioned. Her sole focus is on herself,  the public inquiry and how it will affect Indy Vote 2,3 or 4. She doesn't care about - and certainly doesn't understand- business. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I fear that you're right James. Power certainly corrupts. There's an arrogance about her, a believe that she shouldn't even be questioned. Her sole focus is on herself,  the public inquiry and how it will affect Indy Vote 2,3 or 4. She doesn't care about - and certainly doesn't understand- business. 

Yep we are not out of any woods re restrictions until furlough is kicked out the park 📦 obviously she will see any election victory as s mandate to continue her “ cautious “ approach to covid . Not looking good I fear . 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are getting weirder by the day. You actually want me to criticise NS because you say they doctored last years guidelines, a claim I have to hope was not entirely serious. And it was lies that the rules were different last time. Nobody is saying that rules were not ignored but that's a different issue. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You are getting weirder by the day. You actually want me to criticise NS because you say they doctored last years guidelines, a claim I have to hope was not entirely serious. And it was lies that the rules were different last time. Nobody is saying that rules were not ignored but that's a different issue. 

Are you for real? I'm saying that the rules were not in the public domain and were certainly not communicated. It's all very well digging out licencee guidance from back then but it was never acted upon. Do you remember the 1m rule AT tables being stressed?? It was a rule that didn't affect the public in any way. You can plonk tables down 1m apart but how can humans,not statues,  enjoying a meal, possibly remain 1m apart throughout the evening?? Producing guidance like that betrays a lack of comnon sense. 

Pretty embarassing for all these hospitality bodies and all the hanger ons who have spouted nonsense last few days that the rules have been changed/tightened when that has been shown not to be the case.

They going to come out and apologise for their scaremongering and increasing public panic.....?

Level 2 for all from 17 May and Level 1 if we are lucky from 7 June then later in June all of us under level 0

Little point on region comparison it seems if we are all on the same path

Shock Horror Glasgow will match Edinburgh in coming out of lockdown

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Are you for real? I'm saying that the rules were not in the public domain and were certainly not communicated

Yes they were. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Yes they were. 

Not in any of the bars or restaurants I was in, not in any briefings that I heard nor among any of the friends or family I was in licensed premises with.  Masks whilst on the floor, track & trace, card payments, sanitiser...yes. 1m apart? No.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in any of the bars or restaurants I was in, not in any briefings that I heard nor among any of the friends or family I was in licensed premises with.  Masks whilst on the floor, track & trace, card payments, sanitiser...yes. 1m apart? No.

It was clearly communicated by the UK and Scottish Governments. 

Pretending that nobody knew they were meant to stay 1 metre away from other households is laughable.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Ray Gin said:

It was clearly communicated by the UK and Scottish Governments. 

Pretending that nobody knew they were meant to stay 1 metre away from other households is laughable.

1m apart, at the same table? No. How would they? Why would they?Did 2 couples out for a meal have to sit in specific seats at a table? 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

1m apart, at the same table? No. How would they? Why would they?Did 2 couples out for a meal have to sit in specific seats at a table? 

I'm sure my local had a "You are entering a 1m area" sign".  I'll check when I return on Monday. 🍺

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's what was supposed to happen, yes. Different households, 1 metre apart. 

(There were posters on here who argued that this had been happening when they were bleeting about pubs being closed again.)

Why would it suddenly be ok to huddle together indoors in groups in pubs but not anywhere else? 

Edited by Ray Gin

Embarassing episode from the hospitality industry....should have some resignations from those involved in these false stories being pushed out.

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That's what was supposed to happen, yes. Different households, 1 metre apart. 

(There were posters on here who argued that this had been happening when they were bleeting about pubs being closed again.)

Why would it suddenly be ok to huddle together indoors in groups in pubs but not anywhere else? 

It was never practical so why would it have been included? You sit at the table with the assumption no-one at that table has Covid. The 2 household rule is the safety valve. That's all you can do. The risk of someone having Covid is negligible.  People in supermarkets,  buses etc, dozens of people,  come in to closer contact every day of the week. The hospitality industry are criticising the confusion caused by Sturgeon's draft proposals and her claim about "myths and scaremongering ". 

Enzo Chiefo
22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm sure my local had a "You are entering a 1m area" sign".  I'll check when I return on Monday. 🍺

Yes, I'm sure they did. That was between tables and on the floor iirc. At your table, you were treated as a "pub bubble"

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was never practical so why would it have been included? You sit at the table with the assumption no-one at that table has Covid. The 2 household rule is the safety valve. That's all you can do. The risk of someone having Covid is negligible.  People in supermarkets,  buses etc, dozens of people,  come in to closer contact every day of the week. The hospitality industry are criticising the confusion caused by Sturgeon's draft proposals and her claim about "myths and scaremongering ". 

There is no confusion. It's the same rules as it was across the UK last time regarding meeting other households. 

Personally I don't pay much attention to or buy into anything that's said by commercially interested parties,  such as in the hospitality,  tourism and aviation sectors.  I don't blame these people for being concerned for their businesses but they are inherently and profoundly incapable of adopting an independent viewpoint.  If there's a commercial interest then there's undoubtedly a weighted opinion.  

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Gards said:

Embarassing episode from the hospitality industry....should have some resignations from those involved in these false stories being pushed out.

Oh yes let’s pile more shit on to them ! Really ! 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Personally I don't pay much attention to or buy into anything that's said by commercially interested parties,  such as in the hospitality,  tourism and aviation sectors.  I don't blame these people for being concerned for their businesses but they are inherently and profoundly incapable of adopting an independent viewpoint.  If there's a commercial interest then there's undoubtedly a weighted opinion.  

Governments are capable of independent viewpoints? Every decision has an agenda behind it. Just witness the scapegoating of hospitality and the wanton destruction of our roads with cycle lanes. Covid is being used as a "trojan horse" for ideological agendas by govts and councils alike.

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nowhere was anyone told by any UK government that they could form 'pub bubbles'. 

In effect, that's what the tables were. If everyone was to be 1m apart, as claimed, why would you need a household limit at a table? Just allow people to sit anywhere, as long as they are a 1m apart from any other household.  

Workies, dustbin men etc cram into vans, 4 or 5 at a time ,day and daily. Why would you not be able to sit at a pub table with another household as we did last year?

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Governments are capable of independent viewpoints? Every decision has an agenda behind it. Just witness the scapegoating of hospitality and the wanton destruction of our roads with cycle lanes. Covid is being used as a "trojan horse" for ideological agendas by govts and councils alike.

It's a different type of 'agenda'.  I don't agree with the Trojan Horse type of opinion.  I think it's wildly off the mark.  Commercial interest is a more overt,  naked,  basic bias.  I don't blame these people for agitating for their interests but they have nothing relevant to say imo.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In effect, that's what the tables were. If everyone was to be 1m apart, as claimed, why would you need a household limit at a table? Just allow people to sit anywhere, as long as they are a 1m apart from any other household.  

Workies, dustbin men etc cram into vans, 4 or 5 at a time ,day and daily. Why would you not be able to sit at a pub table with another household as we did last year?

You weren't meant to sit at a table with another household last year unless you were sat 1 metre apart. 

Workies shouldn't be packed together either. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You weren't meant to sit at a table with another household last year unless you were sat 1 metre apart. 

Workies shouldn't be packed together either. 

Hospitality obviously wasn't aware of that then.  It wasn't possible at the tables I was sitting at.  After the worries they had yesterday about the 1m rule, the hospitality industry are "relieved" that they can trade "in the same way" as last year.

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hospitality obviously wasn't aware of that then.  It wasn't possible at the tables I was sitting at.  After the worries they had yesterday about the 1m rule, the hospitality industry are "relieved" that they can trade "in the same way" as last year.

The Govt should employ even more Marshall’s with measuring tapes to go around pubs and restaurants. Sounds like there won’t be a shortage of applicants ! Mother of god as Hastings would say 👍 

Tory Donor Sir James Dyson and Boris texting each other over tax before he'd build ventilators. 

Hancock gives his pal a big contract over WhatsApp. 

David Cameron texting The Chancellor so he can cash in £60 through Greensill and taxpayers money. 

Jenrick over rules the planning department so his pal can cash in a £40m contract. 

Oh and 128000 dead. 

But hey, the vaccine brushes this away. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Tory Donor Sir James Dyson and Boris texting each other over tax before he'd build ventilators. 

Oliver Dowden on the TV just now trying to justify this. 

They're shameless. 

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

There is no confusion. It's the same rules as it was across the UK last time regarding meeting other households. 

It's rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Folk read (hear) what they want, read it, don't like it, ignore it completely or pretend they never read it in the first place.

Of course there will be occassions they do miss or forgotten, but a lot of the time it will have been discussed.

Edited by DETTY29

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh yes let’s pile more shit on to them ! Really ! 

Two wrongs don't make a right James.

I notice no one mentioned the superspreader events at Stamford Bridge etc... Lockdown 4 in England on its way. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I notice no one mentioned the superspreader events at Stamford Bridge etc... Lockdown 4 in England on its way. 

Awe cheer up ! Thought u were a great champion of the vaccines ? Jezz 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They will be fine as outside. The bams celebrating the Huns victory not had that a big an impact here.

Yes it’s outside move along nothin to see here 

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Unless they can provide evidence that in terms of social distancing the guidelines were materially different from last time or that over the course of Monday, early Tuesday the SG has seriously back tracked and changed back, it does seem little more than one or two throwing shite hoping some of it sticks.  

Seems to have worked.

Sorry to be a pain as can’t be bothered looking it up but as from Monday I’m I right in saying restaurants are all open again so I can go for a meal? 

Plus when do pubs open inside?

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, theshed said:

Sorry to be a pain as can’t be bothered looking it up but as from Monday I’m I right in saying restaurants are all open again so I can go for a meal? 

Plus when do pubs open inside?

Thanks 

In Scotland yes to go inside (not England) for a meal.

Can go inside in Scotland for a drink from 17 May if figures are (considered) OK.

Sure date for England inside is around 17th May.  Will check.  Yep is 17th.

Scotland hospitality tiering attached.

3. 26 April

2. 17 May

1. 07 June

0. End June

Screenshot_20210421-085407_Drive.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The Govt should employ even more Marshall’s with measuring tapes to go around pubs and restaurants. Sounds like there won’t be a shortage of applicants ! Mother of god as Hastings would say 👍 

I could dae that, gies a job.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The governments should create much more of emphasis around this sort of stuff, instead of saying nothing people can do. A healthy immune system goes along way to offering improved protection, thats never been the messaging though. 

Though my view the policy around health is all based on reactive actions as opposed to pro-active and thats one of the reasons its so shit. 

We’ve had how many title wins celebrating, BLM lives protests, fights down the beach/meadows and many other large gathers outside, thing we will be alright after about a hundred fans turns up to protest.

Sorry I was trying to be wide , flippant . However exercise is good for any condition really . In particular for covid since obesity has been a feature or underlying health conditions for around 40% of those who died . Lost count of the times I have seen or read about an apparently “ healthy “ 40 yo who died of covid then saw a pic of them and they were obese . 

Yes I can’t think of any outdoor events where there has been a significant rise in infections after it . Remember the outcry after rangers Won the league and the celebrations outside ? Doom mongers were predicting a 4th wave . It never happened . Outside perfectly fine. In fact great to see when Wd do out usual walks everyday in town etc there are hardly and people wearing masks outside ! 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I could dae that, gies a job.

Minimal wage ! Long hours, temp contact  , must have ability to appear smug and feign knowledge about covid and the scientific data behind it to use in any arguments with those who don’t abide by the 1 metre rule . Sense of humour may also help as you will be laughed out of the premises probably 

Harry Potter
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Minimal wage ! Long hours, temp contact  , must have ability to appear smug and feign knowledge about covid and the scientific data behind it to use in any arguments with those who don’t abide by the 1 metre rule . Sense of humour may also help as you will be laughed out of the premises probably 

Min wage, is their any other kind o wage😧, be lucky to get a job these days.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Min wage, is their any other kind o wage😧, be lucky to get a job these days.

Sadly very true 🙂 

27 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

In Scotland yes to go inside (not England) for a meal.

Can go inside in Scotland for a drink from 17 May if figures are (considered) OK.

Sure date for England inside is around 17th May.  Will check.  Yep is 17th.

Scotland hospitality tiering attached.

3. 26 April

2. 17 May

1. 07 June

0. End June

Screenshot_20210421-085407_Drive.jpg

Thanks.... will get myself out for a meal next week but stupid I can’t have a glass of wine with it 

Not that I’m interested in nightclubs anymore but hopefully for these guys jobs they can open up later in the summer and get back to earning some money 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic