Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Shanty Town, do you not originate from that real shitehole oxgangs. I delivered parcels there, I had get shots before I went. 

Good, glad to see you didn't want to pass anything on to the locals. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

There are changes. People were not sitting 1m apart from each other at the same tables. Not everyone did track & trace either. 1 per group. She keeps talking about this new "infectious" strain being the big difference from last year. Nonsense - the biggest difference is the vaccine.

From different households they were meant to be.

Whether folk themselves or the venues stuck by it is another matter.

Getting all details isn't a biggy in the grand scheme if things.  Tynecastle certainly asked for both mine and my wife's when we went.  Some others did too, some didn't.

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Contini owner told BBC Scotland yesterday social distancing measures had changed.

A link was put up earlier from the BBC.

They have changed. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They have changed. 

can you show the changes from last year when guidance for indoor hospitality/distancing compared to the upcoming.  first minister is saying there has been no change to those guidelines so the only way to find out who's right is compare them.

17 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i saw that.  Good on him. What a weakling he has been in the last year with his " opposition " to covid lockdowns.. A complete failure 

The landlord is a simpleton who has just killed his business stone dead. A CT Weirdo who was exposed this morning for the lunatic he is. His business partner will be selling their share of the business to him as we speak. Unless you want it, soul mates. 

22 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The whole things is becoming ludicrous.  You can attend a wedding with 50 people at which alcohol can be served but I can’t go out with the wife for a dinner and have a glass of wine.  

How can anyone defend this level of inconsistency.  

Yes Governor we're all related from the same house, honest. 1m for all saves all the bullshittery. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

As suspected, no change to hospitality social distancing guidelines.

While I have sympathy in bucket loads for hospitality (and other sectors not being allowed to open) industry folk not being truthful with public.

Eh ? 

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No, just one person who liked to spread the virus. Anyway, let me know when you're talking about me. 👍

It’s implicit on the thread when I am 

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There are changes. People were not sitting 1m apart from each other at the same tables. Not everyone did track & trace either. 1 per group. She keeps talking about this new "infectious" strain being the big difference from last year. Nonsense - the biggest difference is the vaccine.

Avoiding it today . Is she on about new infection strain ? She really can’t help herself . Miserable as sin 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The landlord is a simpleton who has just killed his business stone dead. A CT Weirdo who was exposed this morning for the lunatic he is. His business partner will be selling their share of the business to him as we speak. Unless you want it, soul mates. 

Ooooooo ouche that hurt E1AE2601-A7E7-4639-A5A7-AB3A22FE4F3A.jpeg.18a4ff53d98d3a81ddf9cb5f57c0a6ba.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish on just now. She’s looking really tired, busy time for her I guess. 

Anyway she’s confirmed that we move to level 3 on Monday and they expect to the whole country to move to level 2. Expectation is country moves through tiers as single entity. 

I think she said from middle May can visit inside each others homes. Though might have picked her up wrong. 

Anyway whose got a beer garden booked for Monday then?

Oh no thanks I’ll wait until the commoners have had their swalie before attending for an outdoor beverage! I’ll be having an indoor coffee and many an all day breakfast as a treat though 😂 

Enzo Chiefo
22 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

From different households they were meant to be.

Whether folk themselves or the venues stuck by it is another matter.

Getting all details isn't a biggy in the grand scheme if things.  Tynecastle certainly asked for both mine and my wife's when we went.  Some others did too, some didn't.

Certainly wasn't enforced or even mentioned in any of the pubs I was in. As far as I am aware, the 1m distance was between tables. If you saw the pictures from England at the weekend,  it certainly isn't in force there.

24 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Good, glad to see you didn't want to pass anything on to the locals. 

:D

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Certainly wasn't enforced or even mentioned in any of the pubs I was in. As far as I am aware, the 1m distance was between tables. If you saw the pictures from England at the weekend,  it certainly isn't in force there.

6 people from 2 maybe 3 households could sit at the same table. Only other tables needed social distancing. 

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just a wind up GT. Here's your Dummy back, you seem to have dropped it.

As it happens, why would I need to leave, everything I need is here. 👍 And I don't really get the putting Scotland down either. But you're allowed to call people jocks from Jockistan or Scotchland, it's a free world, tho when I do it with a bit of bite, the resident unionist does his thing. :D

Anyway, protect the population or don't, that's up to you. 👍

Put your clothes back on, Ausseh.

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Shanty Town, do you not originate from that real shitehole oxgangs. I delivered parcels there, I had get shots before I went. 

Oxgangs is the Monaco to Paisley's Mogadishu, bud. It's only right that we employ our runabouts from those less fortunate, though. Thatcher's trickle-down economics in action. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Maybe Sturgeon simply forgot  about them changing. 🤔

I’m sure they can recruit some “ metre Marshall’s “ to ensure that this is adhered too . A few from this could apply ? 

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

6 people from 2 maybe 3 households could sit at the same table. Only other tables needed social distancing. 

The guidance in August - don't see any change myself?

Physical distancing

Everyone visiting a hospitality setting must remain at least 1 metre apart from the next person, unless from the same household or a carer. 

Had to get a cached link to find it but her's the guidance then..

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:okcLzAwq4_AJ:https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/pages/hospitality-statutory-guidance/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Edited by scott herbertson

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Physical distancing

Everyone visiting a hospitality setting must remain at least 1 metre apart from the next person, unless from the same household or a carer. 

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:okcLzAwq4_AJ:https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/pages/hospitality-statutory-guidance/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

There is no difference 

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m sure they can recruit some “ metre Marshall’s “ to ensure that this is adhered too . A few from this could apply ? 

It's an absolute nonsense.  They need to dispel their fear about the virus "circulating ". Viruses circulate and we know that we won't eliminate it. The group who accounted for 99% of the deaths are all vaccinated. Those that aren't,  will be soon. If anyone still feels susceptible or wants to "shield" then they are free to do so. Normal life is not resumed if you are treating everyone you come in to contact with as  being a potential human bio- weapon. The fear and obsession with Covid is far more dangerous than the virus itself 

Brighton Jambo
5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This. It’s utter nonsense. What on earth would she be gaining by such an attack? Maybe one of the posse could explain sensibly?

She and the SNP in general have always had a philosophical issue with alcohol and it’s perceived evils.  For example see the push for minimum alcohol pricing in Scotland or going further back the attempts to raise the age to buy from shops to 21.  

I do think that overall their intent is fair, trying to prevent alcohol related deaths but their approach of treating people like children and having all these rules around drink up to 8pm but no later etc are patronising, ill thought through and undermine the wider COVID response as people just switch off.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's an absolute nonsense.  They need to dispel their fear about the virus "circulating ". Viruses circulate and we know that we won't eliminate it. The group who accounted for 99% of the deaths are all vaccinated. Those that aren't,  will be soon. If anyone still feels susceptible or wants to "shield" then they are free to do so. Normal life is not resumed if you are treating everyone you come in to contact with as  being a potential human bio- weapon. The fear and obsession with Covid is far more dangerous than the virus itself 

AC911569-F8AF-449F-AD53-433BE90616F5.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Being enforced and what is meant to happen is completely different.

32 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Physical distancing

Fair enough I’m not sure that guidance was passed on. 😂 

Certainly not noticed when I was out with other households but the distance between other tables clearly was. 

46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nice use of the capitalisation ;)

If I did apply, I would know who you were James.

The one having a hissy fit demanding the whole world revolved around them.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Fair enough I’m not sure that guidance was passed on. 😂 

Certainly not noticed when I was out with other households but the distance between other tables clearly was. 

It was widely publicised, but not widely observed IMO

Scottish numbers: 20 April 2021

Summary

• 178 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-54; down from 221 a week ago]
  • 14,868 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+4,219]
    • 1.4% of these were positive [-1.1%]
  • 2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+2]
  • 13 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 106 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+2]
  • 2,750,052 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 797,267 have received their second dose [+2,358; +40,152]

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

It was widely publicised, but not widely observed IMO

Probably because it would be impossible to implement and be viable to open for majority of places. Hands up though I got that wrong, no mention of the distance between other tables ? 

National trend stats. Local authority stats should be back online on Friday.

Today Yesterday     18 Apr 17 Apr 16 Apr 15 Apr 14 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland (7-day per-100,000 cases)   28 29 -1   29 29 31 32 34 ... 59

7-day averages                          
Tests     18063 18133 -70   18011 18128 18536 18906 19335 ... 21722
Positivity rate %     1.4 1.5 -0.1   1.4 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.6 ... 2.4
Deaths     1.6 1.7 -0.1   1.7 1.7 2.0 2.4 2.4 ... 5.4
All Vaccinations     37070 35131 +1939   36600 36269 37208 37352 36603 ... 49063
1st Dose     9621 11282 -1661   12379 12838 13787 14266 14434 ... 29659
2nd Dose     27449 23849 +3600   24221 23431 23421 23086 22169 ... 19404

Daily data                          
Hospital (non-ICU)     93 90 +3   N/A N/A 91 99 99 ... 194
ICU     13 14 -1   N/A N/A 18 16 20 ... 21

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Being enforced and what is meant to happen is completely different.

Yes, I agree. But it was never even mentioned last year. It was 3 households at a table then 2 and, in my local, changes were made but there was no mention of 1m distancing at the same table. Obviously the hospitality industry aren't aware of it either

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Probably because it would be impossible to implement and be viable to open for majority of places. Hands up though I got that wrong, no mention of the distance between other tables ? 

Looks from reading it to be just 1 metre between people - tables would need to enable that. Agree re your first statement.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

National trend stats. Local authority stats should be back online on Friday.

Today Yesterday     18 Apr 17 Apr 16 Apr 15 Apr 14 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland (7-day per-100,000 cases)   28 29 -1   29 29 31 32 34 ... 59

7-day averages                          
Tests     18063 18133 -70   18011 18128 18536 18906 19335 ... 21722
Positivity rate %     1.4 1.5 -0.1   1.4 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.6 ... 2.4
Deaths     1.6 1.7 -0.1   1.7 1.7 2.0 2.4 2.4 ... 5.4
All Vaccinations     37070 35131 +1939   36600 36269 37208 37352 36603 ... 49063
1st Dose     9621 11282 -1661   12379 12838 13787 14266 14434 ... 29659
2nd Dose     27449 23849 +3600   24221 23431 23421 23086 22169 ... 19404

Daily data                          
Hospital (non-ICU)     93 90 +3   N/A N/A 91 99 99 ... 194
ICU     13 14 -1   N/A N/A 18 16 20 ... 21

👍

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Nice use of the capitalisation ;)

If I did apply, I would know who you were James.

The one having a hissy fit demanding the whole world revolved around them.

Never ! 

8BF24C24-E6EC-4A9C-B79F-FEDF38333B8A.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree. But it was never even mentioned last year. It was 3 households at a table then 2 and, in my local, changes were made but there was no mention of 1m distancing at the same table. Obviously the hospitality industry aren't aware of it either

Everyone was aware of it, they just ignored it.

It was brought up on here several months ago.

manaliveits105
  57 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

AC911569-F8AF-449F-AD53-433BE90616F5.jpeg

STURGEOCIDE !

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not in any pubs or restaurants that I was in.  It won't be enforced this time either due to being impractical. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in any pubs or restaurants that I was in.  It won't be enforced this time either due to being impractical. 

Nor in the ones I was in. The lack of proper enforcement is probably a factor in hospitality closing before other sectors and being later to re-open.

Edited by Ray Gin

niblick1874

As I have been saying. The slight of hand by snake oil salesmen put forward to lie to you by psychopaths. 

F4.large_-1-1024x555.jpg

Leading medical journal the BMJ published a peer-reviewed article last week by John Appleby, Director of Research at the Nuffield Trust, that draws on ONS data to look at the 2020 England and Wales death toll in a historical context.

In terms of absolute number of deaths, 2020 was the worst year since 1838 except for the Spanish Flu year of 1918 (note that overseas deaths including war casualties are not included).

F1.large-1-1024x273.jpg Total deaths in England and Wales, 1838-2020

However, as a proportion of population, it was only the worst year since 2003.

F2.large-3-1024x273.jpg Deaths per 100,000 population in England and Wales, 1838-2020

Furthermore, once you take into account the fact that the population is getting older and standardise the figures by age, 2020 was less deadly than 2008 and every year prior to it.

F4.large_-1024x555.jpg Age standardised mortality rates per 100,000 in England and Wales, 1942-2020

Appleby for his part makes no attempt to downplay the pandemic death toll, pointing out that only in four previous years had there been a sharper increase in percentage terms on the previous year and they were all prior to 1941. It was definitely counter to the decreasing trend.

A point he doesn’t make, however, is that the historically low levels of the previous 11 years would have left an unusually large amount of ‘dry tinder’ for any novel virus to burn through. Plus, 2019 had the lowest age-standardised mortality ever, to the extent that if you took an average of 2019 and 2020 then that average was lower than 2015, 2013, 2012 and every year prior to 2011. While it’s fair to note (as Appleby does) that the coronavirus epidemic continued into 2021, with high excess deaths in January and February, it is hard to regard this as an earth-shattering death toll. It also includes lockdown deaths from lack of access to medical care and other support and the psychological impact of isolation and loss of livelihood, estimated by the ONS to be up two fifths of the overall death toll.

The graphs also make clear that previous similar pandemics, such as in 1957 and 1968, made only a modest impact on mortality and only for a year or two, notwithstanding the lack of vaccines or social interventions. There is nothing about this disease to think the long-term pattern should be any different that would justify some kind of radical, permanent change to the way we interact or organise our lives. It’s important to remember that our immune systems develop and maintain resistance to a host of pathogens through being frequently exposed to them and that social isolation, where it is not merely ineffective, can deprive us of the opportunity to keep our immunity topped up.

The BMJ article is worth reading in full.

By Will Jones  /  19 April 2021 • 00.42
 Deaths   ONS   Pandemics

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Same here ! 

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nor in the ones I was in. The lack of proper enforcement is probably a factor in hospitality closing before other sectors and being later to re-open.

Yes, most of the talk seemed to be about number of households at tables, which did change in Sept iirc. I agree about some places not enforcing the rules but hospitality imo has been hung out to dry.

31 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It seems bizarre the stance for example the Continis have taken.

Why go down the route of material social distance changes that we are categorically told haven't been introduced when their challenges should either be with the guidelines as they are considering the level of vaccinations, decrease in figures or non compliance by others within the industry and more case by case 'warnings' or whatever need to be levied.

Also imo what is worrying in that if the only key change is all adult contact details taken is how BBC Scotland pretty much took 24 hours to check with SG and counter act the claims.  Albeit I didn't catch R.Scotland this morning.

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst

The vaccine supplies have been updated today.

Cumulative supplies of 4,429,780 (up 302,240 since last week) have been allocated for Scotland's use, although it has only taken delivery of 3,935,850 (up 215,680 since last week).

That creates a reserve of 493,930, available at relatively short notice.

In terms of 2nd doses, today's cumulative total of just under 800,000 matches the the total of first doses administered by 6th February., which was 10 weeks and 3 days ago, so still comfortably within the 12 week target.  

However, those due to receive 2nd doses are the same people who had their 1st doses on the peak days in the 2nd week of February which topped out at over 60,000 a day.  I expect that the gap between doses will get closer to the 12 week target over the next couple of weeks, but I think that there are sufficient supplies to get past the peak. After that it should be possible to resume more first doses for the U50s, probably from the 2nd week in May onwards.

Edited by Footballfirst

Jambo-Jimbo

European Medicines Agency have found a possible link between the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and very rare blood clots, however the benefits outweigh the risks.  

A news conference is being held shortly with the update.

Byyy The Light
50 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, most of the talk seemed to be about number of households at tables, which did change in Sept iirc. I agree about some places not enforcing the rules but hospitality imo has been hung out to dry.

Apologies if this is what instigated the conversation but I watched a video from the head of the Scottish hospitality body on LinkedIn showing how due to the regulations his 22 cover pub could only operate with 10 seats.  The 6 people from 3 different households with distancing made it pointless as they couldn't hold a conversation across the size of the tables.

Yet, 50 people from all corners of the UK can travel here and congregate for a wedding.  It's a pile of nonsense.  The hypocrisy of some of the rules is completely baffling.

15 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Apologies if this is what instigated the conversation but I watched a video from the head of the Scottish hospitality body on LinkedIn showing how due to the regulations his 22 cover pub could only operate with 10 seats.  The 6 people from 3 different households with distancing made it pointless as they couldn't hold a conversation across the size of the tables.

Yet, 50 people from all corners of the UK can travel here and congregate for a wedding.  It's a pile of nonsense.  The hypocrisy of some of the rules is completely baffling.

Social distancing from different households still required, same as for hospitality.

Edited by Ray Gin

Enzo Chiefo
22 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It's utterly mad. In England, all restrictions will be gone by June 21st so, presumably, social distancing,  wearing masks etc. Not sure whether that is the intention in Scotland or not but businesses are not viable while these draconian rules regarding closing times, alcohol sales, 1m distancing etc. 2 households at a table, track & trace, table service etc is more than sufficient just now until we reach herd immunity in a few short months. Businesses will at least have a chance. The hospitality industry should agree en masse, not to open up until the nonsensical rules are removed.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's utterly mad. In England, all restrictions will be gone by June 21st so, presumably, social distancing,  wearing masks etc. Not sure whether that is the intention in Scotland or not but businesses are not viable while these draconian rules regarding closing times, alcohol sales, 1m distancing etc. 2 households at a table, track & trace, table service etc is more than sufficient just now until we reach herd immunity in a few short months. Businesses will at least have a chance. The hospitality industry should agree en masse, not to open up until the nonsensical rules are removed.

She will have more money from that " magic money " tree for businesses. it actually might be the money which was meant for business for covid relief and they never got . 

Howdy Doody Jambo
10 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Does anyone still bother these days with this social distancing nonsense? 

You just can't in a supermarket, impossible 

Jeffros Furios
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:greatpost:

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Because it was batshit mental.  People recognise when they are being shat on.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic