Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Scottish numbers: 19 April 2021

Summary

• 232 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 10,649 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 2.5% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
  • 14 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 104 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 2,747,694 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 757,115 have received their second dose

Thought i would sneak in a wee quickie update lol

:D

Just seen this. You've got to get up before you go to bed at night to be faster than FtS!

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Same households ? Why on earth would same households need to social distance ? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read yet. 😂

It’s not same households it’s 1 metre from different households

difference is allowed numbers ie 6 people from 3 households - the different households have to be 1 metre apart as well as tables for different parties being 1 metre apart

last time if 2 couples for instance went for a meal they didn’t have to be a metre apart just a metre from next table

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s not same households it’s 1 metre from different households

difference is allowed numbers ie 6 people from 3 households - the different households have to be 1 metre apart as well as tables for different parties being 1 metre apart

last time if 2 couples for instance went for a meal they didn’t have to be a metre apart just a metre from next table

Clearly the same households wouldn’t need to sit 1m apart, I was just amazed someone thought it might been a thing. 

Still think it’s a nonsense and unworkable for 2 or 3 couples to go out for a meal together but have to sit so far apart. Either allow it or don’t but ffs don’t make it almost impossible for the vast majority of places. 

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its not just that - the travellers are deliberately going to take routes from countries that are on the red list to maybe stay a night somewhere that isn't before flying on to the UK.

I travelled with people who were doing just that.

We're talking about seafarers coming home for their 5 weeks shoreleave. They spent 4 days locked up in Luanda before they could travel, and will have to do another 10 days quarantine in-country when they return to work, and a further 48 hours waiting on their PCR results. That's a big chunk out of their time with their families already. Another 10 days at Scottish airport hotel would leave them little more than a week at home before they'd be off again for another couple of months. 

The Scot' Gov' is the only one refusing to be flexible with these guys.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You want to see the speed of FtS when he's heading for his third pish before halftime....

:D

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You want to see the speed of FtS when he's heading for his third pish before halftime....

horrible thing to bring up when you know i have a medical problem :toasting:that forces me to the toilets on a regular basis lol

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Its not just that - the travellers are deliberately going to take routes from countries that are on the red list to maybe stay a night somewhere that isn't before flying on to the UK.

Exactly why the SG has the right idea in making quarantine mandatory for all. I say has but I expect they are going to give up and go with the 4 nation approach of the traffic light system

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Clearly the same households wouldn’t need to sit 1m apart, I was just amazed someone thought it might been a thing. 

Still think it’s a nonsense and unworkable for 2 or 3 couples to go out for a meal together but have to sit so far apart. Either allow it or don’t but ffs don’t make it almost impossible for the vast majority of places. 

I made a mistake due to a misreading of a post plus my main experience last time that you were sitting 1-ish meter apart the way most places set themselves apart.

Just as I'm amazed a year on and seeing what happens elsewhere in both UK and parts of the world, pretty much every day someone on here says this a one way Sturgeon against Scottish hospitality.

Now that is just plainly wrong, not mistaken.

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I made a mistake due to a misreading of a post plus my main experience last time that you were sitting 1-ish meter apart the way most places set themselves apart.

Just as I'm amazed a year on and seeing what happens elsewhere in both UK and parts of the world, pretty much every day someone on here says this a one way Sturgeon against Scottish hospitality.

Now that is idiotic.

Fair comment. 

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'll withdraw idiotic, just plain wrong.

Nothing wrong with your second paragraph of that post. 

magic roundabout

Well that is a pain. I'm moving abroad soon and found out the country I'm moving to has reduced quarantine times if you can provide evidence of a Covid vaccine.   They are accepting the vaccine card given out in England but alas as we don't have this in Scotland  I'm in for the full duration!   It does make you wonder about a joint up approach thou! 

Captain Slog
10 hours ago, sadj said:

India added for most travel between the countries not all travel. 

watching the Sox game and pop on here to see if the Peggy Mitchell things being discussed and theres sensible convo and discussions of fires at Debenhams... whats going on jkb

Are the Sox owners the same as the owners that are disenfranchising Liverpool fans at the moment?

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Hancock just said in the commons that they aren't too concerned about the Indian variant 

He said that about the original and Kent variants, anaw. 

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I travelled with people who were doing just that.

We're talking about seafarers coming home for their 5 weeks shoreleave. They spent 4 days locked up in Luanda before they could travel, and will have to do another 10 days quarantine in-country when they return to work, and a further 48 hours waiting on their PCR results. That's a big chunk out of their time with their families already. Another 10 days at Scottish airport hotel would leave them little more than a week at home before they'd be off again for another couple of months. 

The Scot' Gov' is the only one refusing to be flexible with these guys.

Good. Hopefully anyone who found dodging gets a bit of quarantine in their local (Riddrie) Hilton. They are nearly as bad as folk who travel to England so they can live it up in caravan.

Desperately leave the hoose to live in a caravan. :rofl:

9 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Now that is just plainly wrong, not mistaken.

Tell that to business that will struggle to open and to those that will never open again. Before you do that though explain to me how having not having a pint or a glass of wine with your meal makes a blind bit of difference. 

And can we stop comparing now to times we didn’t have the vaccine, now that is idiotic. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Good. Hopefully anyone who found dodging gets a bit of quarantine in their local (Riddrie) Hilton. They are nearly as bad as folk who travel to England so they can live it up in caravan.

Desperately leave the hoose to live in a caravan. :rofl:

Thinly veiled 'have never had the gumption to leave Scotchland in my puff' type post imo. 

57 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Tell that to business that will struggle to open and to those that will never open again. Before you do that though explain to me how having not having a pint or a glass of wine with your meal makes a blind bit of difference. 

And can we stop comparing now to times we didn’t have the vaccine, now that is idiotic. 

The assertion on here time and time and time again (by the same folk) this is a deliberate Sturgeon hatred and attack on hospitality irrespective of what is happening elsewhere.

It's a ridiculous assertion.

26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The assertion on here time and time and time again (by the same folk) this is a deliberate Sturgeon hatred and attack on hospitality irrespective of what is happening elsewhere.

I disagree, unless you can show the evidence that sitting having a pint in a controlled environment is any worse the hordes of people losing their mind in tk maxx and the like. She clearly has an issue with alcohol and is using restrictions to punish that sector. 

Dagger Is Back
29 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This. It’s utter nonsense. What on earth would she be gaining by such an attack? Maybe one of the posse could explain sensibly?

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I disagree, unless you can show the evidence that sitting having a pint in a controlled environment is any worse the hordes of people losing their mind in tk maxx and the like. She clearly has an issue with alcohol and is using restrictions to punish that sector. 

I get the first part and yes but in hospitality even when open before there was differing levels of control from what I experienced dependent where I was.

The second part is beyond comprehension.

In better news since minimum alcohol pricing was introduced in Scotland alcohol related deaths has reduced by double digits while increasing in England by double digits in the same period.  That e.g isn't hatred, just time for action.  Now onto sorting out drugs related deaths.

Edited by DETTY29

7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This. It’s utter nonsense. What on earth would she be gaining by such an attack? Maybe one of the posse could explain sensibly?

I think hospitality is being harshly treated, along with millions of others, e.g self employed, but this is ridiculous that someone would deliberately further harm one of our biggest economies.

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think hospitality is being harshly treated, along with millions of others, e.g self employed, but this is ridiculous that someone would deliberately further harm one of our biggest economies.

I agree.

Dagger Is Back
42 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I agree

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yes it’s a completely different scenario now the vaccine is here . 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thinly veiled 'have never had the gumption to leave Scotchland in my puff' type post imo. 

Oh he’s got a vendetta against people who holiday in caravans ! I have many a happy family memories of them . Good laugh esp trying to find your caravan when you are half pissed after being in the cabaret bar all night ! 😂

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

There does seem to be a punitive and harsh response from her regarding this sector in comparison to the infections rates from it ( under 5% ) . There seems to be value judgements about people having a drink and then being “irresponsible l” when most of those places were very well managed last year once restrictions were lifted . Dickens pub In particular took your temperture when u arrived ( amazed some of the patrons had a temperature judging by the nick of them 😂) also had track and trace and ensured people sat a distance from each other . Many pubs / restaurants replicated this and were still stigmatised and blamed for outbreaks so it makes one wonder why ? It’s an easy target  that’s why . 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Whether it is deliberate or not it is happening. You have said nothing or shown anything to suggest it isn’t deliberate. Your post above about minimum pricing supports the view she sees alcohol as an issue. No one is arguing about the alcohol issues though. This is all meant to be about safely coming out of lockdown, there is nothing to suggest having an alcoholic drink with a meal will cause an issue an upsurge in numbers. The people that will cause problems have done so all the way through this through various get togethers and house parties.  Those people won’t change. Businesses and the vast majority of joe public are been punished, that is deliberate. 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Whether it is deliberate or not it is happening. You have said nothing or shown anything to suggest it isn’t deliberate. Your post above about minimum pricing supports the view she sees alcohol as an issue. No one is arguing about the alcohol issues though. This is all meant to be about safely coming out of lockdown, there is nothing to suggest having an alcoholic drink with a meal will cause an issue an upsurge in numbers. The people that will cause problems have done so all the way through this through various get togethers and house parties.  Those people won’t change. Businesses and the vast majority of joe public are been punished, that is deliberate. 

Yep it  can only be surmised that rising cases did NOT come from hospitality as they have been closed since last Oct time . So there’s your evidence 

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh he’s got a vendetta against people who holiday in caravans ! I have many a happy family memories of them . Good laugh esp trying to find your caravan when you are half pissed after being in the cabaret bar all night ! 😂

Caravans obviously bring back too many traumatic childhood memories of growing up in a West of Scotland, corrugated shanty town.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Caravans obviously bring back too many traumatic childhood memories of growing up in a West of Scotland, corrugated shanty town.

396F82F2-7DAD-4DC6-B1D2-9640B07EA19E.jpeg

OmiyaHearts

Scot gov continuing to shite on hospitality workers from a great height. Wife just sent me this, she's dreading work on Monday. Seriously stressed with having everyone sitting in the shop, as well as trying to explain this to customers. (Had to cut out end of message).

Screenshot_20210420-104152_WhatsApp.jpg.eff4311fc28876832b5d5dc0ee0c1108.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Scot gov continuing to shite on hospitality workers from a great height. Wife just sent me this, she's dreading work on Monday. Seriously stressed with having everyone sitting in the shop, as well as trying to explain this to customers. (Had to cut out end of message).

Screenshot_20210420-104152_WhatsApp.jpg.eff4311fc28876832b5d5dc0ee0c1108.jpg

This was kinda happening last time 

A briefing full of good news, is there an election on the horizon? 

::troll::

As suspected, no change to hospitality social distancing guidelines.

While I have sympathy in bucket loads for hospitality (and other sectors not being allowed to open) industry folk not being truthful with public.

Edited by DETTY29

Scotland has recorded two deaths from coronavirus and 178 positive tests in the past 24 hours, Nicola Sturgeon said.

It brings the death toll under this measure – of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days – to 7,644.

Giving a Covid-19 update, the First Minister said 224,092 people have now tested positive in Scotland, up from 223,914 the previous day.

The daily test positivity rate is 1.4%, down from 2.5%.

There are 106 people in hospital confirmed to have the virus, up two in 24 hours, and 13 patients are in intensive care, down one.

Ms Sturgeon said 2,750,052 people have received their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, up 2,358 from yesterday, and 797,267 have received their second dose.

5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Just a wind up GT. Here's your Dummy back, you seem to have dropped it.

As it happens, why would I need to leave, everything I need is here. 👍 And I don't really get the putting Scotland down either. But you're allowed to call people jocks from Jockistan or Scotchland, it's a free world, tho when I do it with a bit of bite, the resident unionist does his thing. :D

Anyway, protect the population or don't, that's up to you. 👍

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it’s a completely different scenario now the vaccine is here . 

There does seem to be a punitive and harsh response from her regarding this sector in comparison to the infections rates from it ( under 5% ) . There seems to be value judgements about people having a drink and then being “irresponsible l” when most of those places were very well managed last year once restrictions were lifted . Dickens pub In particular took your temperture when u arrived ( amazed some of the patrons had a temperature judging by the nick of them 😂) also had track and trace and ensured people sat a distance from each other . Many pubs / restaurants replicated this and were still stigmatised and blamed for outbreaks so it makes one wonder why ? It’s an easy target  that’s why . 

No, just one person who liked to spread the virus. Anyway, let me know when you're talking about me. 👍

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

As suspected, no change to hospitality social distancing guidelines.

While I have sympathy in bucket loads for hospitality (and other sectors not being allowed to open) industry folk not being truthful with public.

what do you mean not being truthful with the public?

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

A briefing full of good news, is there an election on the horizon? 

::troll::

Obviously.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what do you mean not being truthful with the public?

The Contini owner told BBC Scotland yesterday social distancing measures had changed.

A link was put up earlier from the BBC.

Edited by DETTY29

Dennis Reynolds
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyway whose got a beer garden booked for Monday then?

Booked in for Monday.

And Friday.

And Saturday.

And Sunday.

😁 Got a long weekend off from work so taking advantage. Out for lunch on the Friday and Sunday as well.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

The Contini owner told BBC Scotland yesterday social distancing measures had changed.

cheers, was genuinely interested as i did not know that. tbf it does not affect me as i am not in scotland

Fxxx the SPFL
13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish on just now. She’s looking really tired, busy time for her I guess. 

Anyway she’s confirmed that we move to level 3 on Monday and they expect to the whole country to move to level 2. Expectation is country moves through tiers as single entity. 

I think she said from middle May can visit inside each others homes. Though might have picked her up wrong. 

the wife has with her pals i'm working lucky cow brewers fayre down at Newhaven loads of tables outside

Just now, milky_26 said:

cheers, was genuinely interested as i did not know that. tbf it does not affect me as i am not in scotland

Well now you mention it I was trying to find the English guidelines (if you are England) and it wasn't easy but from the gov.uk site it suggested 2m expected, but if need be 1m OK.  I'm not convinced that is little more than a bullet and if I could find lower lower level detail.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

There are changes. People were not sitting 1m apart from each other at the same tables. Not everyone did track & trace either. 1 per group. She keeps talking about this new "infectious" strain being the big difference from last year. Nonsense - the biggest difference is the vaccine.

25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yep.

All different households, within household guidelines, 1m per household apart, same as last time the pubs opened.

Edit - for the vast majority of places.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Shanty Town, do you not originate from that real shitehole oxgangs. I delivered parcels there, I had get shots before I went. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic