Jump to content

Coronavirus pandemic


CJGJ

Recommended Posts

Nookie Bear

Primary school kids and, i think, secondary 4-6 back on 15th Mar but secondary 1-3 have to wait until 5th Apr?

 

Seems ridiculous to leave one group behind like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 75.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JamesM48

    2902

  • Victorian

    2498

  • jonesy

    2373

  • redjambo

    2345

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

agree but she didn't have a crystal ball and was down to not wanting travel from the west.

 

There were at least a couple of days of elevated stats coming from Edinburgh right before the decision, if I remember correctly. It didn't need a crystal ball, just good eyes. You really ought to overcome your bitterness on that decision, FtS, as it's clouding your judgement, imo. As I said, there are far more things that deserve getting angry about than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
1 minute ago, Gards said:

So basically:-

 - We stay in lockdown/stay at home until end April

 - Schools will be opened up more up to that point

 - There may be some relaxation on worship and click and collect - but nothing really changes outside of that from now to end April

 - At end April we move back to levels....likely to be level 3

 - The above may be accelerated if numbers go better than expected.

 

Sound about right?

 

If so....sigh


yep, that’s the size of it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gards said:

So basically:-

 - We stay in lockdown/stay at home until end April

 - Schools will be opened up more up to that point

 - There may be some relaxation on worship and click and collect - but nothing really changes outside of that from now to end April

 - At end April we move back to levels....likely to be level 3

 - The above may be accelerated if numbers go better than expected.

 

Sound about right?

 

If so....sigh

 

That's pretty much what I got from it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that it? 
 

Surprised how little detail. Anyway, a more detailed plan in mid March. Primary schools potentially returning 15 March, with schools passed return at 3 weeks. End of April we will move from tier 4 to tier 3. 
 

Is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Her tits look really odd in that top

 

 

She nae Toyah that's for sure 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan

Nothing about hospitality? Self catering holidays? Gyms?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

 

It's so clearly the implications of what he said. No furlough scheme = mass redundancies.

 

It’s so clearly not the only implication though is it.  His point was that no furlough would mean a faster reopening than he thinks NS intends to do.  
 

But you knew that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

No chance of us being in a lower level anytime soon. 
levels won’t be introduced until the end of April. 

So level 4 or 3 then another 3 weeks before reviewed Mid to late May - lets hope things improve and her or her replacement is forced to bring forward 

 

Well said Ruth - a real politician 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Her tits look really odd in that top

Its a French tuck

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Nothing about hospitality? Self catering holidays? Gyms?

 

gyms was mentioned for end-Apr i think

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Nothing about hospitality? Self catering holidays? Gyms?

Your are not allowed to enjoy yourself in Sturgeons Scotland.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Her tits look really good in that top

 

tEEdq58.gif.b3c903f41af1d39d2375175e6967f760.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Her tits look really odd in that top

Please do not, under any circumstance, post a picture. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gards said:

So basically:-

 - We stay in lockdown/stay at home until end April

 - Schools will be opened up more up to that point

 - There may be some relaxation on worship and click and collect - but nothing really changes outside of that from now to end April

 - At end April we move back to levels....likely to be level 3

 - The above may be accelerated if numbers go better than expected.

 

Sound about right?

 

If so....sigh


aye 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part is that, by the time the restrictions are 'officially' lifted, most folk will have thumbed their nose at them anyway. The only part that we can't do is go to work. 

 

It's either naïve in the extreme or deliberately provocative.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear

"A holding document for the next 8 weeks.

 

Spot on. Piss poor leadership from Sturgeon here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Lothian’s and Edinburgh could go into a high tier come may and still everywhere would be shut  🙈

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Please do not, under any circumstance, post a picture. 

I'm at a loss for words. Glad Salad's posted an appropriate GIF, as I can't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i'm just pissed off at her moving the goal posts and worry that she will do the same again come the tier system. appreciate all your stats by the way and wasn't having a go at you

 

:) No worries, FtS. I'm not saying the tier system is perfect, because it isn't. More than happy to debate with you though. :thumb: Hope you're doing well, despite everything that's going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

Absolutely ****ing hopeless yet again from Sturgeon. Surely nobody is defending that, even the most staunch SNP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

8 weeks of lockdown.  Get as many vaccinated as possible.  It is what it is I guess.

Boris Johnson’s speech yesterday doesn’t half put the pressure on him

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

So Lothian’s and Edinburgh could go into a high tier come may and still everywhere would be shut  🙈

And if Furlough is withdrawn before then by Sunak business won’t survive

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

I don't get this negativity about tiers. Different parts of the country will have different Covid profiles - it makes sense that they are treated differently. It's almost guaranteed that we will move back to them in some form or another so it's as if some on this thread are just setting themselves up to be angry again. There are plenty things to get more angry about that than a focussed and compartmentalised approach to defeating Covid.

Mash mash mash the keyboard all day long 😉

 

Agree with you , I think the heath boards is a good way to look at it or hospital catchment areas. 
 

Havent heard her today as been cooking and playing Madden.

 

Anything interesting so I dont have to wade through the constant Waaaa , NS , waaaa Scots are a drain on society , waaaaa self loathing at being Scottish other than itll start to be eased at end of April if things remain on course
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

So Lothian’s and Edinburgh could go into a high tier come may and still everywhere would be shut  🙈

Polling station will be open week after but you cant go for a pint on the way back

Link to post
Share on other sites
Radio Ga Ga

What a waste of time that statement was, she could have saved half an hour, stood up and said lockdown remains in place until the end of April, if you’ve got kids they will be shortly going back to school. Less than 30 seconds it would have taken, rather than  Waffle, Waffle, Waffle. 
 

As an aside, to me she doesn’t look well and I’m wondering if she’s starting to feel a wee bit stressed out. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The best part is that, by the time the restrictions are 'officially' lifted, most folk will have thumbed their nose at them anyway. The only part that we can't do is go to work. 

 

It's either naïve in the extreme or deliberately provocative.

 

 

Guaranteed and people can’t be blamed for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a look, were only a couple weeks behind the dates of England opening up I think. Non-essential retail and outdoor hospitality middle of April which would be similar to level 3 would it not? Which is penciled in for end of April?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

What a waste of time that statement was, she could have saved half an hour, stood up and said lockdown remains in place until the end of April, if you’ve got kids they will be shortly going back to school. Less than 30 seconds it would have taken, rather than  Waffle, Waffle, Waffle. 
 

As an aside, to me she doesn’t look well and I’m wondering if she’s starting to feel a wee bit stressed out. 
 

 

 

aren't we all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo

Bloody hell, Sturgeon just defended Boris Johnson.  We are officially down the rabbit hole.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian Dundas

So a wee bit slower than England as everyone was predicting and yet people are losing their shit about it - 

 

She said there would be a "progressive easing" of restrictions before then, with four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

All primary and more secondary school pupils could return from that date.

It is hoped to lift the stay at home restriction on 5 April.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LMc said:

Having a look, were only a couple weeks behind the dates of England opening up I think. Non-essential retail and outdoor hospitality middle of April which would be similar to level 3 would it not? Which is penciled in for end of April?

 

 

 

I guess it's the lack of certainty for business which is hard. It might be similar if you're tier 3 but you might go up or down in future. The UK approach gives business comfort that when they do open (whenever that may be) that's them open without risk of moving up a tier or then being in a tier where it's not allowed etc.

 

Don't think what she's said today is:

 

A) unreasonable

B ) a surprise 

 

They're obviously a fair way off in their planning from the UK govt as she said she isn't aware or the data etc that allowed the UK govt to arrive at the target dates they did. When she does deliver the roadmap for Scotland, I'm sure it will be broadly similar.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Patrick Harvie going out on a date?

 

**** me. :rofl:

Is Calton Hill open? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Tiers from end of April your having a laugh feck all before that what a joker

:laugh2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian Dundas
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Bloody hell, Sturgeon just defended Boris Johnson.  We are officially down the rabbit hole.  

I was quite happy to hear that myself, I was hoping for a bit more of an alignment in the lifting of lockdown though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brian Dundas said:

So a wee bit slower than England as everyone was predicting and yet people are losing their shit about it - 

 

She said there would be a "progressive easing" of restrictions before then, with four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

All primary and more secondary school pupils could return from that date.

It is hoped to lift the stay at home restriction on 5 April.

It's slower than England yet our numbers are better than England.  That's why I was optimistic to hear at least being on par with England.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Mash mash mash the keyboard all day long 😉

 

Agree with you , I think the heath boards is a good way to look at it or hospital catchment areas. 
 

Havent heard her today as been cooking and playing Madden.

 

Anything interesting so I dont have to wade through the constant Waaaa , NS , waaaa Scots are a drain on society , waaaaa self loathing at being Scottish other than itll start to be eased at end of April if things remain on course

 

I'll have to be honest, sadj, and say that I didn't listen to her either. I must have a word with her at some point and ask her not to schedule any more important announcements for the same time that I do my stats each day. :D I'm just banking on JKB and the Beeb providing a worthy synthesis of what she said.

 

The Beeb summary is:

 

The reopening of Scotland's economy - including shops, bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers - is expected to start in the last week of April, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

She said there would be a "progressive easing" of restrictions before then, with four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

All primary and more secondary school pupils could return from that date.

It is hoped to lift the stay at home restriction on 5 April.

Ms Sturgeon said it would be necessary to "rely very heavily" on restrictions to suppress the virus for "a bit longer".

She said the Scottish government's strategic framework was "deliberately cautious" at this stage.

"But in the coming weeks, if the data allows and positive trends continue, we will seek to accelerate the easing of restrictions," she said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

She said the Scottish government's strategic framework was "deliberately cautious" at this stage.

"But in the coming weeks, if the data allows and positive trends continue, we will seek to accelerate the easing of restrictions," she said.

 

Sounds reasonable to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Bloody hell, Sturgeon just defended Boris Johnson.  We are officially down the rabbit hole.  

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats:

 

    Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     21 Feb 20 Feb 19 Feb 18 Feb 17 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     104 106 -2   103 105 106 105 108 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 224 224 0   214 217 234 233 214 ... 60
North Lanarkshire 4 3 180 180 0   179 172 175 166 170 ... 119
West Lothian 4 3 180 188 -8   203 231 215 198 192 ... 83
East Ayrshire 4 3 178 179 -1   186 210 238 278 331 ... 153
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 175 187 -12   182 184 202 205 228 ... 120
Clackmannanshire 4 3 165 188 -23   188 198 213 221 231 ... 148
Glasgow City 4 3 142 145 -3   130 132 134 130 137 ... 129
Renfrewshire 4 3 140 154 -14   154 164 162 173 183 ... 116
Stirling 4 3 137 131 +6   137 150 158 158 163 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 129 143 -14   135 118 111 105 110 ... 136
South Lanarkshire 4 3 128 129 -1   127 130 138 138 147 ... 120
East Renfrewshire 4 3 127 134 -7   118 137 136 111 106 ... 101
North Ayrshire 4 3 119 126 -7   128 124 126 122 132 ... 175
East Lothian 4 3 107 107 0   89 78 74 70 66 ... 148
Edinburgh City 4 3 97 95 +2   89 84 79 75 69 ... 109
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 93 86 +7   72 71 67 64 67 ... 70
Fife 4 3 67 73 -6   73 71 67 70 60 ... 97
South Ayrshire 4 3 67 66 +1   60 64 66 59 63 ... 98
Moray 4 1 64 75 -11   68 62 64 71 75 ... 13
Perth & Kinross 4 3 59 61 -2   63 56 64 64 56 ... 126
Dundee City 4 3 55 54 +1   53 53 53 50 43 ... 113
Highland 4/3 1 53 52 +1   54 52 51 53 61 ... 17
Angus 4 2 52 52 0   52 52 57 55 54 ... 37
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 52 45 +7   52 64 67 109 105 ... 22
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 51 53 -2   52 56 51 49 64 ... 32
Inverclyde 4 2 46 49 -3   57 54 62 84 94 ... 59
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 41 42 -1   50 50 56 61 45 ... 29
Scottish Borders 4 1 39 41 -2   40 38 30 28 31 ... 85
Aberdeenshire 4 3 37 36 +1   31 34 40 37 40 ... 88
Aberdeen City 4 3 24 25 -1   26 30 35 32 36 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   4 4 9 18 22 ... 0
Up Helly Aaland 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0
                           
                           
7-day averages                          
Tests     19297 19088 +209   18743 18151 18490 17912 18318 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     4.9 5.0 -0.1   5.0 5.2 5.2 5.4 5.4 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1088 1131 -43   1172 1215 1256 1290 1322 ... 975
ICU     98 99 -1   99 100 101 104 106 ... 50
Deaths     35 34 +1   34 33 36 41 40 ... 25
All Vaccinations     29044 30448 -1404   32766 36952 41139 45314 48864    
1st Dose     25320 27185 -1865   29738 34171 38932 43746 47786    
2nd Dose     3724 3263 +461   3028 2781 2207 1568 1078    

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

 

I guess it's the lack of certainty for business which is hard. It might be similar if you're tier 3 but you might go up or down in future. The UK approach gives business comfort that when they do open (whenever that may be) that's them open without risk of moving up a tier or then being in a tier where it's not allowed etc.

 

Don't think what she's said today is:

 

A) unreasonable

B ) a surprise 

 

They're obviously a fair way off in their planning from the UK govt as she said she isn't aware or the data etc that allowed the UK govt to arrive at the target dates they did. When she does deliver the roadmap for Scotland, I'm sure it will be broadly similar.

 

 

Yeah I'd agree with that. Hopefully the mid March update is a bit clearer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...