Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You're full of utter pish. No motivation, just wish people would just be honest. Their vaccine is brilliant. 

Did I hit a nerve?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh she might let us  holiday in our own country later in summer but really cant say at the moment - still its hope Nicola its hope and we cant ask more of you-  your hopyness.

Im going to email her and say Ive wont have my jab for sometime but thanks for that little glint of hope .

Regarding holidays,  come the summer, most of us won't be paying a blind bit of attention to what Sturgeon's advice is.  Vaccine passports are the way forward, we just need to sideline Sturgeon and bring in some strategic thinkers to direct us back on to the common sense highway.

manaliveits105
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Regarding holidays,  come the summer, most of us won't be paying a blind bit of attention to what Sturgeon's advice is.  Vaccine passports are the way forward, we just need to sideline Sturgeon and bring in some strategic thinkers to direct us back on to the common sense highway.

HOPE SO 👍

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Did I hit a nerve?

You couldn't hit a barn door with a shotgun.

As for AZ, I wish them the greatest success. Especially with their UK population of Guinea pigs. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/international-business/covid-vaccine-maker-astrazeneca-doubles-profit/amp_articleshow/80840760.cms

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh she might let us  holiday in our own country later in summer but really cant say at the moment - still its hope Nicola its hope and we cant ask more of you-  your hopyness.

Im going to email her and say Ive wont have my jab for sometime but thanks for that little glint of hope .

She’s talking absolute total p@sh and it’s obvious the pressure of the investigation is getting to her.

Is she honestly saying we will have LESS opportunity than last summer for a holiday in the UK despite the vaccine programme.  Total nonsense.

I understand the point about overseas holidays, that’s fair, but for her to say that about UK holidays undermines her credibility even further.  Interestingly when her co presenter spoke she was talking about foreign Holidays not UK ones so they were talking cross purposes.  Shambles.  

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is a policy of elimination. I haven’t heard either Sturgeon or Devi mention, on their respective TV shows, accept that the virus will be endemic and we have to deal with that. I'm sure their views will filter through to the Institute of Group Think.

The policy is to eliminate as much virus as possible to allow a few things.  Reduced restrictions.  Vaccine programme to continue and be studied.  Reduce vaccine compromising variants and their effects.  Not outright elimination.  Not eradication.

Crying about eradication or elimination policies is a misrepresentation.  A lie.  The current policies are purposed to end lockdowns and reduce the chances of further lockdowns.  You're going to get what you want but it's a process and study.  Premature or misguided action threatens everything for us all.

Best get back to the think tank for another attempt at sensible scepticism.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You couldn't hit a barn door with a shotgun.

As for AZ, I wish them the greatest success. Especially with their UK population of Guinea pigs. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/international-business/covid-vaccine-maker-astrazeneca-doubles-profit/amp_articleshow/80840760.cms

Hahahahaha, there we have it.  WHO say the vaccine is safe, and our approach to roll out is optimal but you use phrases like guinea pigs.

And you literally just claimed you don’t have a motive for criticising AZ.   Get your tin hat on and stay away from those 5G phone masts.

15 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

After May it might not be her decision, I'm sure she'll be glad to receive your email.

What's a Jab?

Wouldn't put it past @manaliveits105 to self harm (edit - not take up option of vaccine) out of sheer bitterness.

Edited by DETTY29

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish sayings no holidaying within the UK this year?

You can literally see the credibility crumbling with every press conference.  As if that’s going to be accepted, to have much  greater restrictions than last summer despite vaccines and improved treatments.  

Ah well,

On catch up and just heard the response to overseas, rUK holidays from Sturgeon and Steedman and not quite as what was posted on here.

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think the idea being that unless the rUK outside of Scotland beef up the quarantine restrictions then it isn't safe for people living in Scotland to go there on Holiday.

A view you may not agree with but it isn't really about vaccines.

I actually hope your interpretation of that is right.  Imagine how spectacularly that will blow up in her face.  

Trying not to get drawn in too politically but are Sirs Michael Caine and Elton John,or Andy Murray the correct people to be promoting vaccine take up.

Is the lack of take up in white England, Scotland?

And as we use the same health services, or core mass public one, saying 'f-u if you don't'  then could be counter productive.

Suppose at this stage of the vaccine programme then the demographic is still the 70s+ where there 'appears' to be a concern in getting  'take up' figures up over the line.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Trying not to get drawn in too politically but are Sirs Michael Caine and Elton John,or Andy Murray the correct people to be promoting vaccine take up.

Is the lack of take up in white England, Scotland?

And as we use the same health services, or core mass public one, saying 'f-u if you don't'  then could be counter productive.

Totally agree.  They should have been using a diverse pool of 'influencers' from the outset.  To speak to and get through to people.  

A current strand of the narrative from experts and politicians is that there probably needs to be a trade-off of some things to enable large areas of normal life to take place during this year.  Setting aside all Utopian demands for everything tp be allowed all at once,  if you can,  isn't that a reasonable argument?  From a personal wellbeing perspective and leaving aside whataboutery regarding economic considerations,  isn't it better to try to secure a bit of life back by paying a price of not getting everything?

Bring back the public information film!

DAVE:  “I wish... I wish I didn’t keep losing me birds.”

FAIRY GODMOTHER:  “Well, get the jab young man, get the jab.”

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The SG bod Nicola Steadman I think she’s called

6341A5A5-147B-4CBD-BAD0-221FB16FEF92.jpeg

Thats like someone took a pretty face down to the cheekbones and nose joint then stuck the jokers face on below... 😐

Thank you for clarifying though

Edited by sadj

manaliveits105
18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ah well,

On catch up and just heard the response to overseas, rUK holidays from Sturgeon and Steedman and not quite as what was posted on here.

Turn up your hearing aid 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Knackered. The weather makes work more difficult, bud. So I can't really be fecked with chieftains of the clan Bell on this thread. 

👍

38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

In your email can you also ask why they didn’t anticipate such a huge uptake for the vaccine that they are now going to run out of it soon so it’s going to delay vaccinations in the next few weeks ? I’m surprised this hasn’t been seized on 

27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Carry on Cleo looking good again though 

I did wonder who she remind me of and yep Amanda Barrie as Cleo . That make up is very outdated though 

23 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

OIP.BbUvuQr-qEUTzJUY44D1aAAAAA?w=119&h=1

See above 

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Totally agree.  They should have been using a diverse pool of 'influencers' from the outset.  To speak to and get through to people.  

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We probably need Stormzy rapping about getting jabbed up

I've edited my post.

If I recollect the figure given for 70s+ either not booked in, not taken up or cancelled in England was around 2m hence the contact your GP, NHS don't wait on them.

Perhaps Caine and EJ are the correct personalities just now for the demographic we are focusing on.

36 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

After May it might not be her decision, I'm sure she'll be glad to receive your email.

What's a Jab?

You think it will get that bad

for her ? 

Value your opinion 🤔

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍

In your email can you also ask why they didn’t anticipate such a huge uptake for the vaccine that they are now going to run out of it soon so it’s going to delay vaccinations in the next few weeks ? I’m surprised this hasn’t been seized on.

Because they did anticipate this. It's been mentioned quite a few times. Was even published in the document they released and then were told to take down.

Edited by LMc

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats like someone took a pretty face down to the cheekbones and nose joint then stuck the jokers face on below... 😐

Thank you for clarifying though

Bad photo, sadj. It happens to the best of us. 

"You just grab them like this and give them a good squeeze". 

0_Screen-Shot-2020-07-16-at-125939.png

Brighton Jambo

So let’s look at some facts:

As of today (not even mid February) we have less people in hospital in Scotland than at the peak last year (Mid April)

AND

We now have a vaccine programme that has already hit circa 20% of all adults and by summer will have hit the vast majority of adults.

AND 

This year we will have much stricter controls on foriegn holidays which we didn’t have last summer.  

Despite all that, last year we could holiday elsewhere in the UK and now she/they are saying we may not be able to this year.  

How anyone can defend that logic is beyond me.  The whole thing is shambolic.  

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Steedman recommended not booking non-refundable UK holidays.

Not worth responding too. Its like a Tory bot 😒

4 minutes ago, LMc said:

Because they did anticipate this. It's been mentioned quite a few times. Was even published in the document they released and then were told to take down.

Sorry my point was maybe they should have anticipated this ? Or do they only anticipate bad news ?! Seems so 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Bad photo, sadj. It happens to the best of us. 

"You just grab them like this and give them a good squeeze". 

0_Screen-Shot-2020-07-16-at-125939.png

Hahaha thats brilliant. Is that an open invitation to all of us on how she likes them squeezed?

still not a fan of the chin. Give me another round with Kimberley Wyatt any day

Edited by sadj

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Steedman recommended not booking non-refundable UK holidays.

And other news snow is white today ! I can’t understand people booking holidays just now although it does give them something to hopefully look forward to 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

As of today (not even mid February) we have less people in hospital in Scotland than at the peak last year (Mid April)

AND

We now have a vaccine programme that has already hit circa 20% of all adults and by summer will have hit the vast majority of adults.

AND 

This year we will have much stricter controls on foriegn holidays which we didn’t have last summer.  

Despite all that, last year we could holiday elsewhere in the UK and now she/they are saying we may not be able to this year.  

In a nutshell 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hahaha thats brilliant. Is that an open invitation to all of us on how she likes them squeezed?

I’ll pass 😝

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

She is under increasing pressure from multiple sides, Virus, Salmond Inquiry, disgruntled Independence supporters, half of the SNP elected members and there is an election coming up. It is a lot on her plate. 

I think she'll survive it if she wants to but I wouldn't be surprised if she walks away either.

And the disgusting treatment of Joanna cherry 🍒 a very principled and decent politician 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Sorry my point was maybe they should have anticipated this ? Or do they only anticipate bad news ?! Seems so 

There was always going to be a dip in the amount of vaccines being made available. That's what I was taking about being published. With the massive uptake they were always going to need to hold back stocks for people to get the second if the amount received or to be received dropped. Which it has and they've planned accordingly for. What you'll probably see is the amount of first doses going down but the second doses taking a pretty large leap. I'm sure this will be jumped on though.

41 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

She’s talking absolute total p@sh and it’s obvious the pressure of the investigation is getting to her.

Is she honestly saying we will have LESS opportunity than last summer for a holiday in the UK despite the vaccine programme.  Total nonsense.

I understand the point about overseas holidays, that’s fair, but for her to say that about UK holidays undermines her credibility even further.  Interestingly when her co presenter spoke she was talking about foreign Holidays not UK ones so they were talking cross purposes.  Shambles.  

This didn't happen. She said more than once that she didn't have her crystal ball and  couldn't advise because she couldn't predict. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

And the disgusting treatment of Joanna cherry 🍒 a very principled and decent politician 

Not a fan of Cherry , certainly not on a personal level , until recently on a professional level maybe but she is very much a ill hand out abuse and its ok but cry wolf if i get it back , thats sort of coming out now. Thats not relevant to this thread though nor the power dynamic between her and other aspects of the SNP. Just a personal opinion

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

AND

AND 

Whilst I do actually largely agree with what your saying, importation of the virus will still be an issue. It was an issue last year but they ploughed on regardless and the virus, including variants, ran rampant. It's probably best not to repeat past mistakes.

I also feel that they're just being overly cautious this time round. I fully expect to get away for a stag doo up north in July. 

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

AND

AND 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And other news snow is white today ! I can’t understand people booking holidays just now although it does give them something to hopefully look forward to 

It was alluded on here that she was a beacon of positivity on the holiday front.

There was very little between what her and Sturgeon said.

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Give me another round with Kimberley Wyatt any day

So did you acually pump Wyatt or just give her the Salmond? 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not a fan of Cherry , certainly not on a personal level , until recently on a professional level maybe but she is very much a ill hand out abuse and its ok but cry wolf if i get it back , thats sort of coming out now. Thats not relevant to this thread though nor the power dynamic between her and other aspects of the SNP. Just a personal opinion

I admire her stance on women’s based sex rights against the virulent , abusive and sometimes downright dangerous section ( not all trans ) of the trans lobby and ideology . It’s an interesting battle of reality versus made up nonsense in my opinion . 

Scottish numbers: 11 February 2021

Summary

• 830 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+27]
  • 24,121 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.0% of these were positive [+4,562; -0.8%]
  • 48 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-2]
  • 109 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 1,499 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-43]
  • 1,048,747 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 13,195 have received their second dose [+63,178; +329]

I would rather have a summer getting out about locally.  Boozers,  restaurants,  golf club,  maybe the footer next season.  I can quite easily sacrifice the overwhelming panic to **** off on a trip somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

AND

AND 

The logic is sound. We don't know what the situation will be so we can't tell you what the arrangements will be in several months time. There is potential for many thousands of deaths still to happen.

This is particularly true in Scotland where the death rate is much lower than  England.

23 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

75-79 yrs increase is 5% from yesterday so with 6* days to go, target should pretty much be met.  

70-74 yrs increase 8% from yesterday, will be more of a challenge, likely in mid 90s.

23 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

As at 8:30am on Wednesday 10 February:

• 985,569 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 12,866 have received their second dose
  • 29,954 care home residents (99.8% of residents in older adult care homes and 94% of residents in all care homes)
  • 40,658 care home staff (90% of staff in older adult care homes and 78% of staff in all care homes)
  • 240,273 people aged 80 or over living in the community (96%) – this excludes care home residents who are reported separately
  • 276,799 frontline health and social care workers exceeding the initial target of 230,000 staff provided by Health Boards.
  • 152,717 people aged 75-79 living in the community (80%) – this excludes care home residents who are reported separately
  • 127,098 people aged 70-74 living in the community (45%) – this excludes care home residents who are reported separately.  

75-79 yrs increase of 7% on yesterday with 5 days to go.

70-74 yrs increase of 9% on yesterday.

At these take up levels, should pretty much get take up in both cohorts to be well in to the high 90%s, although 70-74 may be more challenging.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As at 8:30am on Thursday 11 February:

• 1,048,747 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 13,195 have received their second dose

Latest progress on first doses for the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) priority groups as at 8:30am on Thursday 11 February:

• 29,978 care home residents (99.9% of residents in older adult care homes and 94% of residents in all care homes)
  • 40,712 care home staff (90% of staff in older adult care homes and 78% of staff in all care homes)
  • 242,518 people aged 80 or over living in the community (97%) – this excludes care home residents who are reported separately
  • 278,175 frontline health and social care workers exceeding the initial target of 230,000 staff provided by Health Boards.
  • 165,242 people aged 75-79 living in the community (87%) – this excludes care home residents who are reported separately
  • 152,352 people aged 70-74 living in the community (54%) – this excludes care home residents who are reported separately.  

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So did you acually pump Wyatt or just give her the Salmond? 

Excusing my ignorance , what is giving her the Salmond? Taking her to a Hearts game and inappropriately touching her? 

On Wyatt , One of my flatmates at the time was out on the Saturday night and was absolute smashed (common occurrence , once found him swinging round a lampost wearing a a bin bag as a cape with shoe polish on his face throwing food at cars beside the Haudagain roundabout shouting “I am Batman”). 

Anyhoo...We stopped at mine on the way to the airport so she could pee and drop off the other flatmate who’d been with her mate. We went in to wake him and introduce him to Wyatt. He was comatose on the floor so we left again. Got back after the drop and the other flatmate and I were sitting watching tv as he stumbled into the living room. He said who was here earlier as hed heard a womans voice. After we told him he wouldn’t speak to either of us for a week. Was a peaceful 7days...

Bringing it back in topic for this thread , i miss getting aeroplanes , being in venues selling alcohol etc etc etc SG are *******s , BJ is a ******* , everyones a *******...

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I admire her stance on women’s based sex rights against the virulent , abusive and sometimes downright dangerous section ( not all trans ) of the trans lobby and ideology . It’s an interesting battle of reality versus made up nonsense in my opinion . 

Thats fair enough , I do think sometimes she goes too far and then when it comes back plays the victim. I read a thread on twitter a while back where she had taken a position and gone on a rant attacking trans when what they had actually been pushing was trans and womens rights. Maybe too quick a trigger finger doesn’t do her any good. As I said I just don’t like her in a personal level. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic