Jump to content

Coronavirus pandemic


CJGJ

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Thanks for replies, anymore would be appreciated, ours are in s3 and s5.


I have a Daughter in S5 and she gets her work every morning. She has to acknowledge she has received the work with every subject teacher with work to be submitted every evening. It isn’t a lot of work on the face of it but 9am check in and afternoon work means am they are at least trying to keep some sort of school day structure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JamesM48

    2393

  • Victorian

    2326

  • The Real Maroonblood

    2046

  • graygo

    1998

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

That is working out well in the U.S. of course.

Different culture. Although this country is doing a decent job of rapidly trying to imitate theirs. The nhs is fundamentally flawed in that it appears to value quantity over quality of life. However, there does seem to be a growing focus on wellness, as opposed to just curing inevitable ailments associated with ageing, which is a positive step. However, this only works if all adults take personal responsibility for their health.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

If you have little to live for, abandoned by a selfish society, TV and Netflix is maybe all you have to look forward too.

Shame if it gets like that, and I know folk who pretty much live for the tv. Perhaps a wee bit of stick, in addition to carrot, is what some folk need? At the end of the day, no one forces you to sit on the sofa and watch the box.

1 hour ago, Ma Roon said:

Spot on although you can be unlucky in health issues outwith one's control 

I suppose maybe a higher tax on self inflicted criteria may be a detterent or maybe cheaper deals for those in good shape would be an incentive 

Indeed. However, removal of almost all tax and allowing the market to settle to its natural point would allow folk to judge for themselves how much they value their health in an overall equation with their time and money. Nothing worse than hearing folk with high cholesterol or other, mainly self inflicted, conditions bumping their gums about how “the doctor has told me to cut out the fags/booze/crisps” when in reality it’s their body telling them - the doc is often just the messenger. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

 

I'm not sure the answer you are suggesting is as simple as a) you think it as and b) the person who posted it. 

 

[insert Obua pic] 


:greatpost:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

 

Heard similar in the past few days, lots of schools now doing online lessons. Good to see the schools adapting quickly. 


Adapting quickly ? 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I do the intermittent fasting diet now . Only eat in a 8 hour frame . Tend to stop eating at 9 in evening then don’t eat into 2 next day . It’s a good diet 

 

Whatever works for people. There's loads that won't work some but do for others and vice-versa, glad you've found one that is sustainable and works for you.

 

👍👍

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I wonder what the commercial sensitivities are leading to UK Gov asking for high level Scottish vaccination plan being taken down from public view?

 

 

I think it was something to do with the number and manufacturer of vaccines and when they are due to arrive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Inglis
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:


Adapting quickly ? 😂 

I would hate to see what adapting slowly looks like

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
22 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

I'd have thought in those years they should pretty much be following their timetable of classes and getting the usual amount of coursework and homework.

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. Not been any mention of online classes or anything which I find odd, might just phone the school for myself....hopefully not sounding an erse but usually I am working all day out the way and leave all that to the mum, but with her situation I am stepping in/up....the teens seem to think we’re stupid and can pull the wool over our eyes but I’m too wise for that and unfortunately for them I am now on their case 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if you have seen it on the News yet, but here they announced that China has gone into a new Covid lockdown as a result of major surge  of new cases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I don't know if you have seen it on the News yet, but here they announced that China has gone into a new Covid lockdown as a result of major surge  of new cases. 

 

It must really be out of control for that news to have broken to the outside world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I don't know if you have seen it on the News yet, but here they announced that China has gone into a new Covid lockdown as a result of major surge  of new cases. 

Just spoke to my M-in-L in China, she hasn't heard anything about it. Not saying you're not correct, Bob, just that the announcement hasn't spread - was it nationwide or regionalised?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

 

Was too late to edit but wanted to add 

 

Edit: I should add I completely agree with the point you and James are making though, there are some people who need help with it...and they should absolutely get it. I'm talking about you're average UK person: 67% of UK males are overweight, that has a major impact on their health and the NHS. Of course, I don't like overweight defined by BMI as it's just stupid but people over c.25% body fat are severely impacting their well-being and risk of serious other illnesses. I'm not talking your 600lb man or whatever, it's evident they need help and support for whatever isolation or trauma they're suffering

 

 

Yes the “ 600 lb “ life people are extreme cases of obesity but non the less those less obese have similar issues related to their health 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:


I have a kid in p7 and one in s2. They both go to the same independent school, so it may not be representative of other schools. 
 

My son has a call every morning and he is given a variety of works to compete during that day. My son is generally relatively diligent and he above average intelligence. He generally gets battered out by late morning/lunch time and then getting stuff from his mum or me for a couple hours. He has a little bit of time for other calls ie. Spanish. 
 

Many of the little projects they get can be as big or as little as they want as well. 
 

My daughter has a variety of calls during the day, similar to the periods at school. Though they are generally given a short guide to the teaching and aids ie. slides, videos, interactive web lessons etc. 
 

My daughter is bang average at best and lacks a shit ton of direction. However, at the moment I would say she is more or less doing a full school day. With classes, interactive session and home leaning. Albeit, she needs a lot more assistance than her brother. 
 

The school in general a lot better at the home leaning thus time round and myself and the wife are able devote the required time and resources to help them. It can be ****ing frustrating at times. I don’t feel their education is suffering the same way it did last time.

Your son has “ above average intelligence “ so he takes after your Mrs then ? 😂one of my Neices has a 9 years old boy and she says the school have been appalling really . Hardly any direct zoom learning from the teachers . Not even a “ good morning “ from them to try and motivate the kids . You say about your daughter needing more “ assistance “ that’s unfortunate as these kids may fall seriously behind others when they go back eventually and may cause issues . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

 

Whatever works for people. There's loads that won't work some but do for others and vice-versa, glad you've found one that is sustainable and works for you.

 

👍👍

 

Yes I’ve stuck with it for months now and some weight has dropped off . However I’m only slightly overweight for my height and weight . It’s a good diet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes the “ 600 lb “ life people are extreme cases of obesity but non the less those less obese have similar issues related to their health 

Your son has “ above average intelligence “ so he takes after your Mrs then ? 😂one of my Neices has a 9 years old boy and she says the school have been appalling really . Hardly any direct zoom learning from the teachers . Not even a “ good morning “ from them to try and motivate the kids . You say about your daughter needing more “ assistance “ that’s unfortunate as these kids may fall seriously behind others when they go back eventually and may cause issues . 

 

Our kids' primary school, after offering no live video during the first lockdown, now offers the kids 3x30 minute teams calls a week. That's 90 mins of F2F 'teaching' (it's mostly asking each kid in turn a question. That's for the P4. For P2, there is no live teaching or calls, just recorded 'welcome' videos for each day.

 

There's very little teaching going on at primary level. Producing resources is not teaching, it's materials writing. And it's much, much easier than teaching.

 

They provide a few narrated powerpoints, but otherwise, its a pretty poor show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. Not been any mention of online classes or anything which I find odd, might just phone the school for myself....hopefully not sounding an erse but usually I am working all day out the way and leave all that to the mum, but with her situation I am stepping in/up....the teens seem to think we’re stupid and can pull the wool over our eyes but I’m too wise for that and unfortunately for them I am now on their case 😁

Try not to be too harsh on them as such as they will also be struggling with the corona virus in particular Messages about “ killing your granny “ don’t help children / young people with their anxieties at this time . I am not much of a lover of formal education and I think parents can use this time to bond with their children more and use lateral thinking in “ educating “ them . Formal education can be staid and boring for some children . 

Edited by JamesM48
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

 

Our kids' primary school, after offering no live video during the first lockdown, now offers the kids 3x30 minute teams calls a week. That's 90 mins of F2F 'teaching' (it's mostly asking each kid in turn a question. That's for the P4. For P2, there is no live teaching or calls, just recorded 'welcome' videos for each day.

 

There's very little teaching going on at primary level. Producing resources is not teaching, it's materials writing. And it's much, much easier than teaching.

 

They provide a few narrated powerpoints, but otherwise, its a pretty poor show.

Exactly what the feck are the doing the rest of the day . Boils my piss 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scottish numbers: 14 January 2021

Summary

  • 1,707 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-242]
  • 25,381 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 8.3% of these were positive [+1.949; -1.9%]
  • 64 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-15]
  • 142 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+8]
  • 1,829 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+35]
  • 208,207 people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination and 3,190 have received their second dose [+16,242; +200]
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

 

I really hope it's nowhere near those numbers and instead just a handful a day from people who due to unforeseen circumstances couldn't make it in. 

 

Really wouldn't be a good look given parts of the world are absolutely crying out for access to the vaccine.

Its part of the problem logistically with the pfizer one. It was many more than a handful and not down to no shows(very few no shows, most no shows are due to people having contracted covid!!!) They did try their best to ensure as many extra people came in to get the jag but it was no notice calls going out after tea time, telling people to drop everything and come in if they wanted it. Hopefully teething issues although hearing today many innoculation centres are not getting doses in the numbers they expected, some getting more and some getting less,makes planning very difficult.(thats with both pfizer and Oxford vaccines).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Different culture. Although this country is doing a decent job of rapidly trying to imitate theirs. The nhs is fundamentally flawed in that it appears to value quantity over quality of life. However, there does seem to be a growing focus on wellness, as opposed to just curing inevitable ailments associated with ageing, which is a positive step. However, this only works if all adults take personal responsibility for their health.

Shame if it gets like that, and I know folk who pretty much live for the tv. Perhaps a wee bit of stick, in addition to carrot, is what some folk need? At the end of the day, no one forces you to sit on the sofa and watch the box.

Indeed. However, removal of almost all tax and allowing the market to settle to its natural point would allow folk to judge for themselves how much they value their health in an overall equation with their time and money. Nothing worse than hearing folk with high cholesterol or other, mainly self inflicted, conditions bumping their gums about how “the doctor has told me to cut out the fags/booze/crisps” when in reality it’s their body telling them - the doc is often just the messenger. 


:greatpost:

Is your idea for fatties to take responsibility for their own health not slightly hypocritical considering your views on doing what you want during a pandemic? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just spoke to my M-in-L in China, she hasn't heard anything about it. Not saying you're not correct, Bob, just that the announcement hasn't spread - was it nationwide or regionalised?

I saw this on the bbc news earlier today. An outbreak in a region a fair distance north of Wuhan, where the reporter was, quite near to Beijing, which is why the Chinese are locking down early. First death from Covid in months seemingly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I’ve stuck with it for months now and some weight has dropped off . However I’m only slightly overweight for my height and weight . It’s a good diet 

You’re probably obese then, the term makes folk think of those 600lb people. George Clooney for instance is classed as obese because of the way it’s calculated. 
I just crashed/crushed the website 😱🙈
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I saw this on the bbc news earlier today. An outbreak in a region a fair distance north of Wuhan, where the reporter was, quite near to Beijing, which is why the Chinese are locking down early. First death from Covid in months seemingly.

Pangolin medicine season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I saw this on the bbc news earlier today. An outbreak in a region a fair distance north of Wuhan, where the reporter was, quite near to Beijing, which is why the Chinese are locking down early. First death from Covid in months seemingly.

Trying to scare off the WHO - aye best stay in your room and not bother with that investigation in case you end up with Covid times one million. And no those things near your hotel aren’t death camps, they’re happy camps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian Dundas
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

 

Our kids' primary school, after offering no live video during the first lockdown, now offers the kids 3x30 minute teams calls a week. That's 90 mins of F2F 'teaching' (it's mostly asking each kid in turn a question. That's for the P4. For P2, there is no live teaching or calls, just recorded 'welcome' videos for each day.

 

There's very little teaching going on at primary level. Producing resources is not teaching, it's materials writing. And it's much, much easier than teaching.

 

They provide a few narrated powerpoints, but otherwise, its a pretty poor show.

There has been much more things produced for the kids to do this time and the technology has worked better. My two have had a call on Google Meet every day so far and they have been set enough work to last the day. It is just setting and marking homework though, not really teaching. There has been some videos of them reading stuff and they are online to help with questions etc. 

 

Look it is not ideal, but it is better than last time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest per-capita 7-day rates around the councils:

 

      7-day per-100,000 cases          
Council Area Tier Previous Today Yesterday     12 Jan 11 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     245 262 -17   264 275 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 389 411 -22   401 428 ... 59
Glasgow City 4 3 374 383 -9   380 383 ... 129
North Lanarkshire 4 3 362 395 -33   393 396 ... 119
Renfrewshire 4 3 323 366 -43   386 393 ... 116
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 322 334 -12   348 376 ... 32
North Ayrshire 4 3 304 320 -16   337 324 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 289 299 -10   281 311 ... 120
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 286 279 +7   269 283 ... 70
Dundee City 4 3 273 313 -40   313 344 ... 113
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 272 250 +22   244 268 ... 120
East Ayrshire 4 3 269 289 -20   298 311 ... 153
Aberdeen City 4 3 254 250 +4   266 272 ... 163
Perth and Kinross 4 3 236 249 -13   245 264 ... 126
Clackmannanshire 4 3 233 248 -15   229 262 ... 148
Falkirk 4 2 232 265 -33   272 289 ... 60
South Ayrshire 4 3 218 228 -10   251 251 ... 98
Scottish Borders 4 1 209 241 -32   261 260 ... 85
East Renfrewshire 4 3 204 214 -10   226 228 ... 101
Fife 4 3 199 215 -16   208 218 ... 97
Aberdeenshire 4 3 186 221 -35   222 245 ... 88
Angus 4 2 176 202 -26   222 245 ... 37
Highland 4/3 1 174 187 -13   199 214 ... 17
Edinburgh City 4 3 171 192 -21   189 206 ... 109
West Lothian 4 3 151 164 -13   158 150 ... 83
Stirling 4 3 141 159 -18   157 176 ... 70
Moray 4 1 120 135 -15   142 154 ... 13
Midlothian 4 3 119 151 -32   156 170 ... 136
East Lothian 4 3 93 108 -15   113 130 ... 148
Argyll and Bute 4/3 2 85 84 +1   87 86 ... 29
Shetland Islands 3 1 74 96 -22   135 109 ... 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 56 30 +26   30 19 ... 22
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 18 0   27 27 ... 0
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
Just now, redjambo said:

The latest per-capita 7-day rates around the councils:

 

      7-day per-100,000 cases          
Council Area Tier Previous Today Yesterday     12 Jan 11 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     245 262 -17   264 275 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 389 411 -22   401 428 ... 59
Glasgow City 4 3 374 383 -9   380 383 ... 129
North Lanarkshire 4 3 362 395 -33   393 396 ... 119
Renfrewshire 4 3 323 366 -43   386 393 ... 116
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 322 334 -12   348 376 ... 32
North Ayrshire 4 3 304 320 -16   337 324 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 289 299 -10   281 311 ... 120
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 286 279 +7   269 283 ... 70
Dundee City 4 3 273 313 -40   313 344 ... 113
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 272 250 +22   244 268 ... 120
East Ayrshire 4 3 269 289 -20   298 311 ... 153
Aberdeen City 4 3 254 250 +4   266 272 ... 163
Perth and Kinross 4 3 236 249 -13   245 264 ... 126
Clackmannanshire 4 3 233 248 -15   229 262 ... 148
Falkirk 4 2 232 265 -33   272 289 ... 60
South Ayrshire 4 3 218 228 -10   251 251 ... 98
Scottish Borders 4 1 209 241 -32   261 260 ... 85
East Renfrewshire 4 3 204 214 -10   226 228 ... 101
Fife 4 3 199 215 -16   208 218 ... 97
Aberdeenshire 4 3 186 221 -35   222 245 ... 88
Angus 4 2 176 202 -26   222 245 ... 37
Highland 4/3 1 174 187 -13   199 214 ... 17
Edinburgh City 4 3 171 192 -21   189 206 ... 109
West Lothian 4 3 151 164 -13   158 150 ... 83
Stirling 4 3 141 159 -18   157 176 ... 70
Moray 4 1 120 135 -15   142 154 ... 13
Midlothian 4 3 119 151 -32   156 170 ... 136
East Lothian 4 3 93 108 -15   113 130 ... 148
Argyll and Bute 4/3 2 85 84 +1   87 86 ... 29
Shetland Islands 3 1 74 96 -22   135 109 ... 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 56 30 +26   30 19 ... 22
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 18 0   27 27 ... 0

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Zico said:

Trying to scare off the WHO - aye best stay in your room and not bother with that investigation in case you end up with Covid times one million. And no those things near your hotel aren’t death camps, they’re happy camps!

Wouldn’t put it past them. Can’t see them being able to gain much of an idea about the real cause, or timeline, of the original outbreak. The Chinese will be very cute at pointing them in the direction they want the WHO to look. 

If it came out of that laboratory in Wuhan, they’ll never get to prove it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian Dundas
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

The latest per-capita 7-day rates around the councils:

 

      7-day per-100,000 cases          
Council Area Tier Previous Today Yesterday     12 Jan 11 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     245 262 -17   264 275 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 389 411 -22   401 428 ... 59
Glasgow City 4 3 374 383 -9   380 383 ... 129
North Lanarkshire 4 3 362 395 -33   393 396 ... 119
Renfrewshire 4 3 323 366 -43   386 393 ... 116
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 322 334 -12   348 376 ... 32
North Ayrshire 4 3 304 320 -16   337 324 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 289 299 -10   281 311 ... 120
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 286 279 +7   269 283 ... 70
Dundee City 4 3 273 313 -40   313 344 ... 113
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 272 250 +22   244 268 ... 120
East Ayrshire 4 3 269 289 -20   298 311 ... 153
Aberdeen City 4 3 254 250 +4   266 272 ... 163
Perth and Kinross 4 3 236 249 -13   245 264 ... 126
Clackmannanshire 4 3 233 248 -15   229 262 ... 148
Falkirk 4 2 232 265 -33   272 289 ... 60
South Ayrshire 4 3 218 228 -10   251 251 ... 98
Scottish Borders 4 1 209 241 -32   261 260 ... 85
East Renfrewshire 4 3 204 214 -10   226 228 ... 101
Fife 4 3 199 215 -16   208 218 ... 97
Aberdeenshire 4 3 186 221 -35   222 245 ... 88
Angus 4 2 176 202 -26   222 245 ... 37
Highland 4/3 1 174 187 -13   199 214 ... 17
Edinburgh City 4 3 171 192 -21   189 206 ... 109
West Lothian 4 3 151 164 -13   158 150 ... 83
Stirling 4 3 141 159 -18   157 176 ... 70
Moray 4 1 120 135 -15   142 154 ... 13
Midlothian 4 3 119 151 -32   156 170 ... 136
East Lothian 4 3 93 108 -15   113 130 ... 148
Argyll and Bute 4/3 2 85 84 +1   87 86 ... 29
Shetland Islands 3 1 74 96 -22   135 109 ... 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 56 30 +26   30 19 ... 22
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 18 0   27 27 ... 0

Tier 4 restrictions look like having an effect now, hopefully we see all the numbers start to drop soon and we can start arguing about tiers and pubs again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Tier 4 restrictions look like having an effect now, hopefully we see all the numbers start to drop soon and we can start arguing about tiers and pubs again.

 

I look forward to it. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think end of March - they’ll want the numbers way down and maybe have started the second dose of the vaccine for the first few priority groups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just spoke to my M-in-L in China, she hasn't heard anything about it. Not saying you're not correct, Bob, just that the announcement hasn't spread - was it nationwide or regionalised?

I also am now wondering if it was referring to this time last year, I was just getting my coffee on when I saw it, between age and still half  asleepness I may have made an error. I will check shortly, if I erred it was in error and I apologise sincerely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Tier 4 restrictions look like having an effect now, hopefully we see all the numbers start to drop soon and we can start arguing about tiers and pubs again.

Indeed, my boss reckons we will be open around March/April, I didn’t ask what year 😱🙈😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I also am now wondering if it was referring to this time last year, I was just getting my coffee on when I saw it, between age and still half  asleepness I may have made an error. I will check shortly, if I erred it was in error and I apologise sincerely.

 

Shijiazhuang and Xingtai cities in Hebei have reported COVID-19 outbreaks for the past two weeks as infection numbers rise.

 

No error...:thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Wouldn’t put it past them. Can’t see them being able to gain much of an idea about the real cause, or timeline, of the original outbreak. The Chinese will be very cute at pointing them in the direction they want the WHO to look. 

If it came out of that laboratory in Wuhan, they’ll never get to prove it.

Are there flights currently from the UK to that region?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pimloco to introduce, 'no jab, no job' policy.

 

Mullins said in an interview with City A.M. “When we go off to Africa and Caribbean countries, we have to have a jab for malaria – we don’t think about it, we just do it." 

 

What have they been getting injected with? Not sure he sounds like a guy who's medical advice his staff should listen to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are there flights currently from the UK to that region?

Saw they are monitoring the Brazilian strain but haven’t thought about stopping flights as everyone arriving has to isolate

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Pimloco to introduce, 'no jab, no job' policy.

 

Mullins said in an interview with City A.M. “When we go off to Africa and Caribbean countries, we have to have a jab for malaria – we don’t think about it, we just do it." 

 

What have they been getting injected with? Not sure he sounds like a guy who's medical advice his staff should listen to.

I think you need malaria tablets/jabs if you plan on going to The Dominican Republic, or Haiti.🤔

 

Why the **** you'd want to go to Haiti though, unless as an aid worker, I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I also am now wondering if it was referring to this time last year, I was just getting my coffee on when I saw it, between age and still half  asleepness I may have made an error. I will check shortly, if I erred it was in error and I apologise sincerely.

No worries. The thought of my mother in law being stuck in her house and unable to visit us didn't exactly fill me with dread - no need to apologise!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think kids will be back at school until Easter and teachers are jabbed up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are there flights currently from the UK to that region?

There seem to be, although the Chinese were talking about banning flights from the UK. A bit ironic since the UK government did little to discourage travel from China when they were spreading the original virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is your idea for fatties to take responsibility for their own health not slightly hypocritical considering your views on doing what you want during a pandemic? 

I'd like to think not, Pasquale. I've taken responsibility for my own actions for the last 10 or so months, as I advocate everyone else doing. Followed the advice where I deem it to be reasonable and sensible, and ignored the bits that are just made up in order to 'govern' rather than let folk carry on.

 

People taking responsibility for both their health and their actions - and the consequences of both - would be too much for some of the spoon-fed so-called adults populating the western world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

There seem to be, although the Chinese were talking about banning flights from the UK. A bit ironic since the UK government did little to discourage travel from China when they were spreading the original virus.

Same as Brazil they banned travel

from the UK in December over our strain

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jonesy said:

I'd like to think not, Pasquale. I've taken responsibility for my own actions for the last 10 or so months, as I advocate everyone else doing. Followed the advice where I deem it to be reasonable and sensible, and ignored the bits that are just made up in order to 'govern' rather than let folk carry on.

 

People taking responsibility for both their health and their actions - and the consequences of both - would be too much for some of the spoon-fed so-called adults populating the western world.

👌🏻 Great post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There seem to be, although the Chinese were talking about banning flights from the UK. A bit ironic since the UK government did little to discourage travel from China when they were spreading the original virus.

They should have though, and from everywhere else really. Or at least put in Singapore style restrictions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

I think you need malaria tablets/jabs if you plan on going to The Dominican Republic, or Haiti.🤔

 

Why the **** you'd want to go to Haiti though, unless as an aid worker, I suppose.

 

As far as I'm aware, and I could be wrong (in which case, joke's on me!), you don't get anti-malarials in a jab? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think kids will be back at school until Easter and teachers are jabbed up. 

Sadly agree.

 

So much for the 'keep schools open at all costs' bullshit we were fed last year by the shameless politicians.

 

Teachers should have been front of the queue alongside health workers, not auld Doris, 93, who can safely shield at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd like to think not, Pasquale. I've taken responsibility for my own actions for the last 10 or so months, as I advocate everyone else doing. Followed the advice where I deem it to be reasonable and sensible, and ignored the bits that are just made up in order to 'govern' rather than let folk carry on.

 

People taking responsibility for both their health and their actions - and the consequences of both - would be too much for some of the spoon-fed so-called adults populating the western world.

I’m not sure if you have advocated taking responsibility but if you have I apologise. 
Unfortunately some folk can’t really take responsibility for their actions, for many reasons but most have my sympathy. The fans of the ugly sisters congregating outside grounds or those having party’s or just generally breaking rules not so much. I’ve done it all my life and had little or no sympathy, feels weird being on the other side for once. Hypocrisy I know. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure if you have advocated taking responsibility but if you have I apologise. 
Unfortunately some folk can’t really take responsibility for their actions, for many reasons but most have my sympathy. The fans of the ugly sisters congregating outside grounds or those having party’s or just generally breaking rules not do much. I’ve done it all my life and had little or no sympathy, feels weird being on the other side for once. Hypocrisy I know. 

I think there's always exceptions, often with very fair cause - mental or physical incapacity shouldn't lead to people being thrown to the gutter in a wealthy society such as ours.

 

We all change as we age, and our views on how life ought to be lived will inevitably be modified to match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

 

As far as I'm aware, and I could be wrong (in which case, joke's on me!), you don't get anti-malarials in a jab? 

Dunno. Never had malaria. :lol:  I've gone and ****ed it now, haven't I...?! :(

 

Do we still get the polio sugarcubes?!

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dunno. Never had malaria. :lol:  I've gone and ****ed it now, haven't I...?! :(

 

Do we still get the polio sugarcubes?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Could just as easily be me who's cocked up and you do get anti-malarials in a jab, but I've only ever been aware of and taken tablets.

 

If you don't though, his thought process of don't think about it, just get injected does make you wonder what he's been having injected when he's gone for his "jab for Malaria". Unless he's talking about treatment, in which case it's not a great example.

 

Either way, was only meant light-heartedly until you made me doubt whether I'm even right 😂

 

As for Polio, no idea, I didn't even know that was a thing!

 

Edit: polio sugar cubes that is, I'm aware of polio 😂

Edited by Taffin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...