Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I apologise. I though with your comments about keeping the fear ramped up we were playing a game of shit stirring.

Some days it is hard not to be a trouble maker on here........

The daily stats in the daily briefing are helpful to some people but surely a weekly look at the stats gives a better understanding of how things are progressing or not instead of being obsessed with them daily which can’t be good for some people’s levels of anxiety 

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I wasn’t making any barbed comments at red jambo as he is one the most level and sensible and measured posters on this.

Now don't you think you can butter me up with your kinds words, James, mate!!

Do you really mean that though?

maxresdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

F65E6DF7-42A6-4DE1-9757-54F066D3B59E.jpeg

:D Stat Monkey has in fact laughed and chuckled more in the last half hour or so than he has done in quite a while.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it’s an odd place 

Never thought about the daily stats being weekly instead . Probably makes more sense but won’t happen as it might be less fear provoking . To keep people in fear it needs to be relentless 

You're ****ing relentless with the crap you post. 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Now don't you think you can butter me up with your kinds words, James, mate!!

Do you really mean that though?

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean that most sincerely ! 

C4D3FE35-4BCD-41CD-9C80-A78C85CA382F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You're ****ing relentless with the crap you post. 

Seriously Im positive that you had said a positive thing about me the other day or agreed with one of my comments and then i get this ????   Ill need to compile a list i think for my own perusal to remember who is decent on this and who  isn't.

Itll be

C****  -         :   various posters

Not C****       :  a few decent posters.

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seems the EU have fecked up once again with the vaccine roll-out.

After Macron & co making a song and dance about not giving the AZ/Oxford vaccine to the over 65's or in some countries the over 55's, the World Health Organisation's scientists have recommended that the AZ/Oxford vaccine to be used for all adults over 18 with no upper age limits. 

https://news.sky.com/story/oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-recommended-for-all-adults-say-scientists-advising-the-world-health-organisation-12214373

A slap in the puss for the Europeans.

They were only stopping it in over 65's to try and show up the UK

Feck the lot of them

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Feck the lot of them

not only that but WHO have also said

And that spacing out the two doses, as is happening in the UK, makes the vaccine more effective.

Malinga the Swinga
30 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It is, but you still didn't read my post correctly. If you don't find daily updates very useful that's fine, others do. Like me. 

I have a personal reason for being particularly attached to @redjambo's updates.

Stats need to be daily or stat monkeys will have too much free time. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

And that spacing out the two doses, as is happening in the UK, makes the vaccine more effective.

What I would really like to know is the effects of giving one dose of Oxford and then, after a period of time, one doze of Pfizer. Would this result in even more efficacy and added protection against the South African variant?

In saying that, being a cross-product question, this sort of trial probably wouldn't be carried out by the drug companies themselves as part of verification/certification, so would be less likely to happen in time for it to have an effect on policy-making this time around.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Some of the JKB trolls would give their virtual left testicle to trigger others like you are.

The best of its I don’t think that’s your objhective. Its accidental work of art 😂

A pot of right testicles sounds a good idea ! A ballagnese  ? A “ work of art “ high  praise indeed . 😂

49 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Seriously Im positive that you had said a positive thing about me the other day or agreed with one of my comments and then i get this ????   Ill need to compile a list i think for my own perusal to remember who is decent on this and who  isn't.

Itll be

C****  -         :   various posters

Not C****       :  a few decent posters.

But will it change daily or weekly? 🤔😉

41 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What I would really like to know is the effects of giving one dose of Oxford and then, after a period of time, one doze of Pfizer. Would this result in even more efficacy and added protection against the South African variant?

In saying that, being a cross-product question, this sort of trial probably wouldn't be carried out by the drug companies themselves as part of verification/certification, so would be less likely to happen in time for it to have an effect on policy-making this time around.

Thats a question that seems not be ever be asked and to me is highly relevant. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

He's a sensitive soul, so probably hourly.

I hope he publishes it, I already need to know which list I am on.

Cant you guess ??????? :) 

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Laura K caught out on her mic there, at the Covid-19 brief questions.

She wasn't wrong though.

"He didn't answer the question...uuurgghhh...."

Whos Laura K , what are you talking about? Dont tell me this is an on topic post , thats a banning offencay

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good one 😄

Here i thought that was quick for me 😐

9 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

He's a sensitive soul, so probably hourly.

I hope he publishes it, I already need to know which list I am on.

Ffs 🤣🤣 i can guess 😏

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Had never heard of 'chestfeeding' before. That's added to the list of absolute nonsense the politically correct, biology-defying nutjobs have come up with in recent years.

Anyway, as a goddess on Wednesdays, but identifying as a peregrine falcon for Thursdays and Fridays, I don't really care.

I did a pish against a lampost today and was spoken to by Police officers who were passing by. I reassured them that ,with today being Wednesday,  I identified as a dog.  

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

they are atarting to do those trials, having one dose of one vaccine, then the second dose is another one. i also think they are including more than just the pfizer and oxford ones

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Whos Laura K , what are you talking about? Dont tell me this is an on topic post , thats a banning offencay

Here i thought that was quick for me 😐

Ffs 🤣🤣 i can guess 😏

laura kuensberg - bbc person

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I did a pish against a lampost today and was spoken to by Police officers who were passing by. I reassured them that ,with today being Wednesday,  I identified as a dog.  

Something something quick humour “bitch” comment......

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

laura kuensberg - bbc person

Worth a googler?

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just about booking holidays in summer, as per Shapps' mumbling earlier today. He just referred to the 22nd of February when this roadmap thing, will be revealed to the expectant & gullible alike.

Maw & paw get their 1st jabs tomorrow. 12 weeks brings us to early May. So if anything, I might get to see my fully vaccinated parents by then...! But we'll see what surprises(restrictions) the SG still wish to impose.

Fingers crossed the Falkirk way is a mess at the moment so god only knows what will happen around there. Hows Mrs Pres? 

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct, Enzo.

We need a quick return to fat-shaming as a social norm.

I quite liked that about the doc tbh. He had an endearing manner and that wonderful way of putting people at ease that sociopaths posess and the rest covet. Hopefully he managed a cyanide pill in his cell before they could string him up.

The carrot and the stick approach, Guv. Well 6 days a week anyway, as a treat at the weekend , the Mars Bar and the stick approach 👍

21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they are atarting to do those trials, having one dose of one vaccine, then the second dose is another one. i also think they are including more than just the pfizer and oxford ones

Good to hear.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

If it was only that was the monkey @jonesy was talking about :sob:

A quick search of Urban Dictionary later... Ahem, I see. :D

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, absolutely. If yer too close to the vinegar strokes and want to wind things back a bit, that is.

🤣 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Their little village hasn't got a single case. Whatever those hairy arses are upto in the Central Belt,it's not affecting Callander upwards much. Can't speak for Killin. 

She's good. Has gone off Weetabix though. More for me. **** it.

Cant argue with more weetabix , finally we find the positive of covid19 , glad shes good pal.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps @sadj could include the term in his Google search for Laura K. 

💩

So Laura K scatman 🤔 tempting it is not my young padawan 

I thought to myself "How did we start off on the daily/weekly stats and scat sidetracks today?" and then I realised "How come it's very often @jonesy that starts these things off?" :D

They really haven't thought about this hotel quarantine thing through in Scotland. A guy on the news just now who is offshore worker who would need to quarantine every time he comes back from his 3 weeks shift.  It would financially ruin him. He said he wouldn't be able to afford his mortgage etc. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

They really haven't thought about this hotel quarantine thing through in Scotland. A guy on the news just now who is offshore worker who would need to quarantine every time he comes back from his 3 weeks shift.  It would financially ruin him. He said he wouldn't be able to afford his mortgage etc. 

If he is employed by a company then they will be paying it. Most oil companies have already been doing this.  

@Sir Gio maybe you can enlighten us a bit.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Brought up in Glasgow and went to Edinburgh University

Awe she was great in " Cry baby" with Johnny Depp.

65b65b6a0a76cfb5955f9f3641ad408f.jpg

Just now, jonesy said:

I'm taking that as a compliment 😇

All this deviant chat I thought id teat your recommendation out but alas Laura K Scatman was not worth a googler

1 minute ago, sadj said:

If he is employed by a company then they will be paying it. Most oil companies have already been doing this.  

He didnt make that clear in the interview. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

He didnt make that clear in the interview. 

Does that surprise you with the news. 🤣Maybe he is self employed but if he is im sure it still wont be like that. Thats why I asked SirGios thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Does he work offshore in Nigeria or somewhere like that? If you work in the North Sea and fly directly back to Scotland, not via Norway, I doubt you would have to quarantine since they do strict checking already and run fairly closed systems.

Government looking at exceptions for some areas, including oil and gas workers: https://www.energyvoice.com/coronavirus/298267/oil-workers-could-be-granted-exemption-to-scotland-travel-quarantine-measures/

Of course, exemptions should have been looked at and decided upon *before* the measures were announced.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Work for 3 weeks.

Quarantine for 2 weeks on the way home.

Home for a week.

Work for 3 weeks.

Etc.

Aye sound.

Bear in mind that a lot of countries these (us) guys work in will require a fortnights quarantine on the way to work also, and you can see how this is basically unworkable.

The global O&G industry is a big employer in Jockland due to our extensive experience and expertise. Herr Stugeron will need to come up with some exceptions to the rules or it's another industry thrown under the bus. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Does he work offshore in Nigeria or somewhere like that? If you work in the North Sea and fly directly back to Scotland, not via Norway, I doubt you would have to quarantine since they do strict checking already and run fairly closed systems.

Government looking at exceptions for some areas, including oil and gas workers: https://www.energyvoice.com/coronavirus/298267/oil-workers-could-be-granted-exemption-to-scotland-travel-quarantine-measures/

Of course, exemptions should have been looked at and decided upon *before* the measures were announced.

I think it was Norway.  But again not sure. The news is repeated again at 7 so ill check then. However i did hear the part about the Govt looking at exemptions . But like you said this should have been decided before the current decisions. 

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Work for 3 weeks.

Quarantine for 2 weeks on the way home.

Home for a week.

Work for 3 weeks.

Etc.

Aye sound.

Bear in mind that a lot of countries these (us) guys work in will require a fortnights quarantine on the way to work also, and you can see how this is basically unworkable.

The global O&G industry is a big employer in Jockland due to our extensive experience and expertise. Herr Stugeron will need to come up with some exceptions to the rules or it's another industry thrown under the bus. 

I understand that. Not sure how its working for you. I can only speak for people at Wood , BP , Shell , Stena and a few others I know. They are all getting their time at home and being paid to quarantine and having that quarantine paid for already. So now it will just be a requirement instead of voluntary. Id imagine nothing will change in terms of these people. 

@redjambo was thinking about your response but there are plenty cases happening offshore and thats with the above in place. Therefore not sure how it can work as you suggest

manaliveits105

BBC Glasgow give out a few figures for % vaccinated per region including Glasgow and Strathclyde but don’t bother with Lothians figure - have we managed to catch up a bit with mass vaccinations now ?

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Feck the lot of them

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

It's all political, if the AZ vaccine were a French or German developed vaccine.......well I think we all know things would have been different.

The thing is, it's only making the EU look even more silly and vindictive.

I'd have thought that the most important thing is we have a working vaccine, leave politics out of it.

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Good to hear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55924433

I can see the thinking behind this, especially seeing as the AZ & the Pfizer jabs are completely different, in theory you could get the best of both worlds, or it might make little difference or none at all, only one way to find out.

49 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just checked it again. He was travelling from Norway. The report also said that the Govt has still to give out more details about exemptions. 

18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55924433

I can see the thinking behind this, especially seeing as the AZ & the Pfizer jabs are completely different, in theory you could get the best of both worlds, or it might make little difference or none at all, only one way to find out.

Thanks for the link, J-J. :thumb:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic