Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Rangers goosed.

Olympic - special olympic travel only as a sports exemption.

If I've heard correctly.

Scotland travel to Israel on 28th March for a WC qualifier 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I have to admit that when I made the quick calculation of the difference between today's and yesterday's vaccination totals, I had to head to the news page to check that the difference was correct because I thought "Bloody hell, that's a massive leap". :thumb:

If we keep up at this rate, we will be running out of supply soon.....

But seriously, it is something that needs managed and calls for 24x7 may well be something looked at in time if supplies ramped up significantly on what is expected, but is premature just now.  Or if we do, it can only be a small number of centres.

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Rangers goosed.

Olympic - special olympic travel only as a sports exemption.

If I've heard correctly.

Surely they'll be fine, got a couple of Olympic standard divers...

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wonder how 1300 looks in relation to the number of travellers. Aberdeen airport has great links to the hotels there. There are several within a 5minute walk with direct paths to them so should be very easy to work it up here.

I missed what Mathieson said but he made some quotes on numbers in January so not sure if it was for the week or for the month, but in region of 1500-1700 travellers.

Edited by DETTY29

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Vicinity of Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow airports.

£1750 to quarantine for first person?

That's really expensive. Do they take boatles. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We might both support Scottish independence, ri, but we're very uncomfortable bed fellows. Indeed, such language may even give rise to bed hopping for some :( 

I don't care. My wife says the same. But I'll not sit back and have people trash talk my country or people who fight for it.  Especially from Tory lovers. 

Edited by ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't care. My wife says the same. But I'll not sit back and have people trash talk my country or people who fight for it.  Especially from Tory lovers. 

Far enough, you're comfortable being a racist, so you justify it to yourself anyway you can. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Colin Smith raises the point that snp voted against Labours proposal 5 months ago for quarantining .

If that was case, and nobody would be shocked if it was, then just highlights their hypocrisy. 

SNP proposal = GOOD

ANYONE ELSE proposal = BAD

41 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

15-Feb,

All air travel from Monday into Scotland will need to quarantine in hotels.

Return flight to Newcastle + Train to Waveley.

Until the Tories get their arse booted into action to implement this down south anything Scotland does can be worked around.

Edited by frankblack

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Until the Tories get their arse booted into action to implement this down south anything Scotland does can be worked around.

The Tories won't be dictated to by anyone in the SG

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Discussions ongoing between 4 nations and UK govt and Ireland.

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps they nudged @ri Albanto use the term “hoose jock”, which I assume is an attempted play on “house n****r”, thus comparing any Scot who isn’t wildly pro-independence to a black person who may not be a Democrat Party supporter or has the temerity to vote for causes they believe in rather than play identity politics. Crass.

The first time he used it was funny as it could be filed under satirically offensive. Each time thereafter increasingly less so.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Shame, cos we (the UK) would be in a far better place.  

Probably going about our normal local business by now, without need for a vaccine.

Probably our biggest concern at the moment, partially due to our reliance on the Oxford vaccine, is to prevent the South African strain from getting into and taking a hold in the country. Scotland seems to date to have avoided the strain with a handful of exceptions, 6 cases at the last reported count I think. England hasn't quite been as fortunate as us regarding the number of UK, Brazil or South African strains detected. If we're going to do this properly, travel from England and the other constituent nations has to be treated the same as travel from outwith the UK, imo. How difficult/easy would that be to do though?

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Your brain and mine make different connections between things, bud. Stay cool.

I think they do . 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The first time he used it was funny as it could be filed under satirically offensive. Each time thereafter increasingly less so.

I’ve never heard of that expression before . Learn something new every day 

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It’s not just your country 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Why do folk from that part of the world not have a top lip ? 

Or much of a bottom lip either ?

Bizarre !

Have you seen that excuse of a husband of hers? He's another nae lips !

20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

SG want to push things further and harder in the goal to be different to England and then want England to help them do it. If you want to implement rules and restrictions then do it with the powers you have and don’t rely on the enemy to make them work for you. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I briefly saw him attempting to answer a question on the TV yesterday re Salmond. 

He didn't convince me......

What makes you say that ?

12120770.jpg.5685de0c27b48ec6610c9ae564c1d615.jpg

🤣

34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Most will know me as not defending the SG but the Tories are making a huge error that will result in us back in lockdown when a strain spreads out of control that the vaccine doesn't support.

They will be dictated to by their donors and lobying firms with attractive consultation work to incentivise.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I briefly saw him attempting to answer a question on the TV yesterday re Salmon. 

He didn't convince me......

The shifty Murrells are a couple of downright liars that think they are accountable to nobody. As with all totalitarian regimes, it's one small step at a time, one more restriction,  another 150 days on to a 16 day circuit break here. More critical thinkers are needed.  Lapdogs and the gullible need not apply.😂

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Most will know me as not defending the SG but the Tories are making a huge error that will result in us back in lockdown when a strain spreads out of control that the vaccine doesn't support.

They will be dictated to by their donors and lobying firms with attractive consultation work to incentivise.

Absolutely this !

Konrad von Carstein
17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The shifty Murrells are a couple of downright liars that think they are accountable to nobody. As with all totalitarian regimes, it's one small step at a time, one more restriction,  another 150 days on to a 16 day circuit break here. More critical thinkers are needed.  Lapdogs and the gullible need not apply.😂

Aye we are living under one of those right enough 👀

You really need a holiday... From this thread... :(

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
Stupid fat fingers...

43 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Why do folk from that part of the world not have a top lip ? 

Or much of a bottom lip either ?

Bizarre !

It's strange, in that case, just how lippy they can be.

Nucky Thompson

12,364 new positive cases out of 616,718 tests carried out in the UK, which works out at roughly 2% positivity.

If the testing regime wasn't so pitiful in Scotland and we were testing more people, then our positivity rate would be nearer that figure.

Why is nobody asking questions about testing up here? We should be testing 60k a day

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

If your going to ‘jockify’ the racially inspired insults Uncle Tom needs changed to Uncle Tam. 

This. 

56 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Are we in need of more alienating and inappropriate insults, IYO?

Do you really need to ask? 

26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

12,364 new positive cases out of 616,718 tests carried out in the UK, which works out at roughly 2% positivity.

If the testing regime wasn't so pitiful in Scotland and we were testing more people, then our positivity rate would be nearer that figure.

Why is nobody asking questions about testing up here? We should be testing 60k a day

Positive tests have plummeted since the WHO advised that any positive PCR test needed a follow up test. 

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Aye we are living under one of those right enough 👀

You really need a holiday... From this thread... :(

We are currently living under conditions that Hitler would have hesitated at bringing in so quickly. But most people are too busy vegitating in front of Netflix to notice.

manaliveits105
27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ve ask ze questions 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

We are currently living under conditions that Hitler would have hesitated at bringing in so quickly. But most people are too busy vegitating in front of Netflix to notice.

:rofl:

41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Travelling Tabby previously said England includes PCR and lateral testing, the other nations 3 PCR only.

Not sure why.  Is WHO recommendation PCR only?

Suppose the effectivenss and accuracy of both needs taken into account.  Which may skew results......either way.....or  ake little difference.

Edited by DETTY29

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Are those all voluntary tests? If so can we force people to take tests to get the numbers up? If people aren’t turning up to be tested what should we do?

Testing is voluntary, unless you need to travel abroad I suppose

The only reason I'm interested is because she'll be using test positivity as one of the stats to justify easing lockdown or not.

It's a bit shit if it's artificially high

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Travelling Tabby previously said England includes PCR and lateral testing, the other nations 3 PCR only.

Suppose the effectivenss and accuracy of both needs taken into account.  Which may shew results......either way.

It's the UK covid dashboard which is including testing figures from all 4 nations together.

23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

He's probably not wrong in that Hitler didn't give a **** about the frail, vulnerably, elderly or disabled - he'd have happily sent them off to concentration camps instead of bringing in measures to try and protect their lives.

I'm fairly sure this isn't what his intended point was, however.

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Suppose the effectivenss and accuracy of both needs taken into account.  Which may skew results......either way.....or  ake little difference.

I've just had another look and they are counting both PCR and lateral flow tests

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've just had another look and they are counting both PCR and lateral flow tests

Cheers.

Had a look too.

Not sure where TT got his comments from.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thread complete. Both sides of the divide flinging the Nazi/Hitler comparisons around. Result = draw.

🤝

more likely called on the account of idiocracy

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

"Why didn't the people didn't do anything?". "Because we didn't know, it was just a small step further each time". Equally applicable in 2021 as it was back in the 1930s.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Why didn't the people didn't do anything?". "Because we didn't know, it was just a small step further each time". Equally applicable in 2021 as it was back in the 1930s.

Because they were too double negative. Boom, boom!

37 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He's probably not wrong in that Hitler didn't give a **** about the frail, vulnerably, elderly or disabled - he'd have happily sent them off to concentration camps instead of bringing in measures to try and protect their lives.

I'm fairly sure this isn't what his intended point was, however.

Or by bus, to a hotel with a fence around it, to be herded into a room with locked windows, unable to leave. This from the same left-wing lunatics who would foam at the mouth if illegal immigrants, who pitch up with the tide, were treated the same way. We are governed by feckin idiots and those who acquiesce to these measures are equally culpable. 

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or by bus, to a hotel with a fence around it, to be herded into a room with locked windows, unable to leave. This from the same left-wing lunatics who would foam at the mouth if illegal immigrants, who pitch up with the tide, were treated the same way. We are governed by feckin idiots and those who acquiesce to these measures are equally culpable. 

Ten years in the clink if you try to avoid the concentration camp....all perfectly normal nothing to see here.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic