• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

602 deaths in Italy again. Jeez 

Down from 651 yesterday and 793 the day before. Let's hope that the trend establishes itself.

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should the queen maybe be addressing the nation? She is the head of state after all. If the message isn’t getting through to some people, especially older folk, and especially in England might listen to her over the PM.

Might help for the older people but i would imagine that the majority of folk that are out and about like nothing is happening don't give a shit about what the queen has to say. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I thought she did just the other day.

Saw she had thanked the NHS workers was more meaning a public address like in war time or at Christmas. Might have limited interest fro most of us. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Down from 651 yesterday and 793 the day before. Let's hope that the trend establishes itself.

Hopefully but still steadily high numbers. I am not convinced by these so called "trends" so many factors to take into account to make them reliable. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Might help for the older people but i would imagine that the majority of folk that are out and about like nothing is happening don't give a shit about what the queen has to say. 

Probably right. Was just a thought. 

Bolsonaro claims it's all a media-driven conspiracy to unseat him 

:cornette:

Iran's Supreme Leader (and some in China) blame a CIA bioweapon

Trump claims it's a Chinese bioweapon

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

61? Time's passed. 

She was always my favourite; way ahead of Samantha Fox.

By a country mile. She was to a Lamborghini as Fox was to a Ford Cortina.

Just now, Cade said:

Bolsonaro claims it's all a media-driven conspiracy to unseat him 

Iran's Supreme Leader (and some in China) blame a CIA bioweapon

Trump claims it's a Chinese bioweapon

Some of us will survive the virus.    Then we might survive the recriminations.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Just watched scenes from Spain and Italy.. absolutely heartbreaking.  

Shocking.    That short piece is all they need to see to go full lock.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

61? Time's passed. 

She was always my favourite; way ahead of Samantha Fox.

Absolutely, many a teenagers fantasy she was, me included.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should the queen maybe be addressing the nation? She is the head of state after all. If the message isn’t getting through to some people, especially older folk, and especially in England might listen to her over the PM.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-queen-give-rare-national-21739365.amp

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hopefully but still steadily high numbers. I am not convinced by these so called "trends" so many factors to take into account to make them reliable. 

I seem to remember being taught that it needed seven successive movements in the same direction to create a trend.

I'm certain that there will be further outliers that may break such a trend, but it would be reassuring to know if Italy's actions are now having an effect on the headline figures. 

20 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

I believe one of the main reasons they are reluctant to go to full lockdown is that they are well aware they don’t have the police numbers to implement it.

Police numbers have been run down over the past 10 years, and there are also a significant number off sick with the virus.

So, is Boris brave enough to put the army on the streets ?

Because that will be required.

im going to borrow my father in laws tanks so i can go for shopping if we get locked-down. I have said to folk for a few days it feels inevitable with the number of idiots flouting the guidelines. Thoughtless towards others including their own families. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just watched scenes from Spain and Italy.. absolutely heartbreaking.  

Why do you sit and watch it? You know what it is going to show, you know people are dying as the same reports are being shown continually. Go and read a good book, do something to take your mind of it. Sitting watching news, panicking and staring at a screen will not make government announce lockdown. They have scientists to guide them, so leave it the experts.

We all know it's a crisis, but you arent doing yourself any good in the long term.

It it was heart breaking yesterday, it is heart breaking today and will be heart breaking tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've messed up the quotations here and can't amend in my phone but.. 

What a shame. I've met Linda Lusardi and she is a lovely woman. She became a friend of the family when she did some modelling things with my sister about 10 years ago. 

Hope she pulls through. 

I P Knightley
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

By a country mile. She was to a Lamborghini as Fox was to a Ford Cortina.

A Ford Cortina with go-faster stripes and stick-on wheel arch extensions. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why do you sit and watch it? You know what it is going to show, you know people are dying as the same reports are being shown continually. Go and read a good book, do something to take your mind of it. Sitting watching news, panicking and staring at a screen will not make government announce lockdown. They have scientists to guide them, so leave it the experts.

We all know it's a crisis, but you arent doing yourself any good in the long term.

It it was heart breaking yesterday, it is heart breaking today and will be heart breaking tomorrow. 

there is an element of truth in this mate but I like to know what we need to face into.  I’m am certainly not panicking, but I am doing the few things I can to keep my family safe (and no that doesn’t mean I’ve bought a year supply of loo roll 🤦‍♂️) I took most of these steps be the UK’s  “expert scientists” told us too..

let’s be honest, the only true impartial experts are those from the WHO who have been very clear right from the start as to the measures required.. The UK “experts” like Patrick Vallance, Witty and Leitch have been a step behind all the time with their herd immunity bollocks, Vallance is Cummings pal and the UK strategy was supposed to protect economy not lives so I sure as hell won’t be waiting for their advice and neither should anyone else.

Greedy Jambo
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Probably right. Was just a thought. 

A celebrity dying would make more of them take notice unfortunately. 

That's what we're dealing with here. 

My wifes a teacher and she's back in school tomorrow, 100 "key worker" kids all under one roof.  What could possibly go wrong.

I realise I don't know the solution to this as they need to be looked after somewhere but this doesn't sound ideal to say the least.

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This is actually a good post. 
I’ve of course been keeping up to date with the situation but I’m not letting it consume my life. I sat earlier with my laddie and helped him with his schoolwork, then had a shot on the PlayStation. Going to have dinner then crack open a beer and listen to some music.

There’s no point filling yourself with fear by becoming completely engrossed in the pandemic.

21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Wales closes all campsites, nature parks, reservoirs and many other outdoor centres.

Apparently the idiots all went to the same park to climb Snowdon at the weekend...Even the Weegies didn't all decide to climb Ben Lomond because the pubs were closed.

Edited by Spellczech

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

My wifes a teacher and she's back in school tomorrow, 100 "key worker" kids all under one roof.  What could possibly go wrong.

I realise I don't know the solution to this as they need to be looked after somewhere but this doesn't sound ideal to say the least.

Not ideal for your wife I suppose but if the keyworkers kids aren't looked after how can they work? 

My wife and I are both keyworkers, luckily she can just about work from home. I can't and need to be amongst the public, many of whom are taking the piss being out and about on a jolly risking mine and my families safety. 

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Linda Lusardi is fine. Tweeting away.

Right, crisis over. What's next...?

Game of 5's down the park?

gashauskis9

I’m going to predict a lockdown for London starting tomorrow night and a German style approach for the rest of the UK.  If things don’t improve over the next week, then lockdown for everyone.  

Tommy Brown
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Linda Lusardi is fine. Tweeting away.

Right, crisis over. What's next...?

Was just being a drama queen.

Ok look at me, death's door...

Needs a damn good spanking

mrmarkus1981

What does a lockdown mean for me? I've got an office of 6 people. Two can't work from home so are just off. 3 are working from home. I go to the office to deal with the admin and delegation of work to the three, answer the telephone and deal with bills and banking. Can I go to work?

Edited by mrmarkus1981

Looks like the Great Loo Roll "Runs" of 2020  is not limited to humans... Cats have been buying up cat litter like crazy...May need to train mine to use human toilet (or buy a newspaper) - Can you teach old cat new tricks?

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

What does a lockdown mean for me? I've got an office of 6 people. Two can't work from home so are just off. 3 are working from home. I go to the office to deal with the admin and delegation of work to the three, answer the telephone and deal with bills and banking. Can I go to work?

Only if it’s essential? I think? 
Think they will close down all businesses that are not essential 

25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Apparently the idiots all went to the same park to climb Snowdon at the weekend...Even the Weegies didn't all decide to climb Ben Lomond because the pubs were closed.

i saw a video on twitter of a car driving to the car park for snowdon and for it must have been 1/2 a mile from the ar park one side of the road was jam packed with cars parked at the side of the road

Just now, milky_26 said:

i saw a video on twitter of a car driving to the car park for snowdon and for it must have been 1/2 a mile from the ar park one side of the road was jam packed with cars parked at the side of the road

I just don't get it - Even in those distant safe times if I saw a full carpark just went elsewhere...and those supermarket queues: I have a policy of never joining a queue of more than 5 people for anything...it works! and is stress free...

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, robbo1874 said:

Only 2 weeks?!

That's loads of time, relative. 

Anyway we'll agree to disagree mate.

Not looking or wanting to get into a prolonged discussion.

I hope you are right and we haven't missed the boat..

Have to go and collect my wife..

Hope you and nearest and dearest are all well.

What's happened in Italy really shook me.. Such a horrendous loss of life..

Take care mate 👍

You too mate, and I agree about Italy, really scary stuff.  All the best

mrmarkus1981
4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Only if it’s essential? I think? 
Think they will close down all businesses that are not essential 

It's essential for me to go one last time to pick up paperwork that I'll need. A printer, paper etc etc

Edited by mrmarkus1981

On 22/03/2020 at 12:50, TheOak88 said:

There have been bigger global health scares than this in the past. To call this an unparalleled catastrophe is pretty laughable. 

Where are you getting the figures of millions dead? This is what social media has become, people plucking figures out the air and trying to whip the less intelligent into a frenzy. 

It depends what you mean by a historic event. I would agree the level of panic is fairly historic but the actual event itself not so much. 

There has never been anything like this. If you don't get this is a historic event which is unparalleled in living memory you're not in touch with reality.

You think the entire globe is so stupid they're instituting draconian measures which will have a massively detrimental effect on economies for years to come simply due to panic. Your stupidity is frankly mind boggling.

And if it's the rest of the world who are stupid well you get out there informing them with your genius insight as Italy creeps closer towards a thousand dead in  a day. We need geniuses like you in this mix.

1 minute ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

It's essential for me to go one last time to pick up paperwork that I'll need. A printer, paper etc etc

If it's possible for you to do your job from home then you should really already have been doing it.

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Looks like the Great Loo Roll "Runs" of 2020  is not limited to humans... Cats have been buying up cat litter like crazy...May need to train mine to use human toilet (or buy a newspaper) - Can you teach old cat new tricks?

Capture.PNG

there was a woman in our local aldi demanding 100 tins of cat food , manager told her no you can have 4 after a two three minute pantomime style 100 no 4 , she resorted to **** you and said i am taking 100. Manager then had to try and huckle her out the door. Was proper 🤪

Just now, hughesie27 said:

If it's possible for you to do your job from home then you should really already have been doing it.

Could be bad for me - my last client will likely have to tell me not to come in next week! They're already all WFH but as a consultant I can only access their server from their office. Or alternatively I may be the only one there and they may allow it...Not too worried about Plod as I'm already my elderly parents personal shopper, and their office is on the way to Glesga... No income, no cat litter - this is getting serious!

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Twitter saying the Olympics have been postponed but I never seen anything on Sky News about that.

IOC member dick pound has said it is to be postponed, probably just not conformed yet

The extra ventilator plan is probably not going to help too much according to an ICU doctor I'm friends with, as the knowledge on how to configure them for each patient is not something you can learn quickly despite Hancock saying they were retraining staff. They said it was akin to an air steward being given 5 mins to learn how to fly a plane. Throw in the oxygen supply issue (Italy has already pretty much run out) and pipe networks involved to make ICU wards function too and the only realistic solution is to flatten the curve by staying indoors.

The positive they said was the army getting involved and helping with adaption as their expertise in demanding situations and makeshift solutions will be key.

Key point being reiterated is stay inside and don't go out. Folk still have heart attacks, strokes etc and we're lowering their survival chances. We only see the Covid-19 death numbers being those infected and died directly, not those are critically ill from other means who are having treatment impacted.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There has never been anything like this. If you don't get this is a historic event which is unparalleled in living memory you're not in touch with reality.

You think the entire globe is so stupid they're instituting draconian measures which will have a massively detrimental effect on economies for years to come simply due to panic. Your stupidity is frankly mind boggling.

And if it's the rest of the world who are stupid well you get out there informing them with your genius insight as Italy creeps closer towards a thousand dead in  a day. We need geniuses like you in this mix.

Oh I don't know about that. 

article-8120631-26072646-962_636x604.jpg

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic