Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, stevieboobs said:

Not taking any shit in Italy

No way to know if that was just because he was out on the streets. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stevieboobs
1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

No way to know if that was just because he was out on the streets. 

Fair point, lifting his top might indicate that he was showing he's not got any weapons on him

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

What part of dont go outside or have people around do people not understand?

The part where that's not Governement advice.

Folk moan about all those parked cars beside beaches etc over the weekend. The government have said as recently as Boris at 5pm yesterday that they are happy for people to go out and go for walks as long as they follow social distancing rules.

A family driving to a beach for a nice walk on Mothers day is 't a mass organised event. The folk there never called each other up and arranged a beach party.

Provided those folk there exercised good social distancing then whats the problem? Even if they all went to theirs cars at the same time and left together they would probably all be at least 2 meters apart.

I'm not daft, clearly what we seen over the weekend isn't  ideal and it would be silly to assume everyone was 2 meters apart, but when the gov guidance is that kts okay to go out for some fresh air then what do they expect?

They are leaving it up to the park owners and local councils to decide when too many people is too much. No guidance.

The only thing that will.stop this properly is a Lockdown which I think should happen, but I'm not going to have a go at people following the current Gov guidelines.

People moaning about those turning up for trains in London. Daft as well, they need to get to work somehow!

Jambo-Jimbo
33 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That could be folk going to work who have no other choice. Sick of hearing folk berating others without first knowing why they are doing what they are doing. 

Sorry I even mentioning it now.

10 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I work in public transport and one reason for reducing the numbers is driver availability.  A lot of people are off and more to come.

Understood. One dilemma leading to another.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sorry I even mentioning it now.

You said what you thought. Then others gave their assessment to clarify a bit. Helpful overall, so cheers. 

It's still good to be thinking no one should be about. (Unless essential)

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

BBC Report Harvey Weinstein has tested positive

Here Harvey, scratch & sniff that.

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

BBC Report Harvey Weinstein has tested positive

I think he’s misunderstood the MeToo movement. 

Lockdown will happen. Transport company's having to reduce service due to driver shortages is something they'll not get round, so buses, trains are going to be packed. Unless the government force closures of all non essential businesses. I have a feeling it will happen today. 

Tommy Brown
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The part where that's not Governement advice.

Folk moan about all those parked cars beside beaches etc over the weekend. The government have said as recently as Boris at 5pm yesterday that they are happy for people to go out and go for walks as long as they follow social distancing rules.

A family driving to a beach for a nice walk on Mothers day is 't a mass organised event. The folk there never called each other up and arranged a beach party.

Provided those folk there exercised good social distancing then whats the problem? Even if they all went to theirs cars at the same time and left together they would probably all be at least 2 meters apart.

I'm not daft, clearly what we seen over the weekend isn't  ideal and it would be silly to assume everyone was 2 meters apart, but when the gov guidance is that kts okay to go out for some fresh air then what do they expect?

They are leaving it up to the park owners and local councils to decide when too many people is too much. No guidance.

The only thing that will.stop this properly is a Lockdown which I think should happen, but I'm not going to have a go at people following the current Gov guidelines.

People moaning about those turning up for trains in London. Daft as well, they need to get to work somehow!

I agree with that.

I am in High Risk group.

I also believe, as long as I follow protocols, that I can safely take the dog for a walk.

I dont touch anything at all when out and keep my social distance (and more)

But to save myself from flack, I will have to forego this sanity pleasure.

My partner starts back working as  community nurse tomorrow after a 6 days holiday.

Its concerning, she is petrified of unwittingly infecting me.

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You said what you thought. Then others gave their assessment to clarify a bit. Helpful overall, so cheers. 

It's still good to be thinking no one should be about. (Unless essential)

Folks shouldn't be crammed in an enclosed place such as a tube train, especially now.

Lets just say they were all essential workers on that train, who could then potentially infect other essential workers and before long there are no essential workers to do the essential jobs.

All I'm saying is think, do you really need to get on that packed train, could you wait on the next one or find another way to get to work one that doesn't involve packed places, is your job so important that you really need to go to work in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Folks shouldn't be crammed in an enclosed place such as a tube train, especially now.

Lets just say they were all essential workers on that train, who could then potentially infect other essential workers and before long there are no essential workers to do the essential jobs.

All I'm saying is think, do you really need to get on that packed train, could you wait on the next one or find another way to get to work one that doesn't involve packed places, is your job so important that you really need to go to work in the first place. 

It would help to remove the congestion charge zones and parking in central London for key workers so they don't have to use public transport 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

It would help to remove the congestion charge zones and parking in central London for key workers so they don't have to use public transport 

a registration system for them would help this idea. then they need to do something in regards to those key workers who have to use public transport

21 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I agree with that.

I am in High Risk group.

I also believe, as long as I follow protocols, that I can safely take the dog for a walk.

I dont touch anything at all when out and keep my social distance (and more)

But to save myself from flack, I will have to forego this sanity pleasure.

My partner starts back working as  community nurse tomorrow after a 6 days holiday.

Its concerning, she is petrified of unwittingly infecting me.

My partner does the same job in London. I have a rare and severe form of Asthma although its well managed and rarely debilitating. She will almost certainly contract the virus so she is moving in to to alternative accommodation paid for by the NHS. I would strongly advise that you look at this option. 

Салатные палочки

My work still allowing members of the public to come into the building and wait in the reception for non-essential meetings.  Duty assessment appointments still going ahead involving sitting in a small room for up to an our with a member of the public filling out an assessment.  The managements advice is to phone them and ask if they are happy to come to their appointment. If so, they come.  

******* shambles.  

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My work still allowing members of the public to come into the building and wait in the reception for non-essential meetings.  Duty assessment appointments still going ahead involving sitting in a small room for up to an our with a member of the public filling out an assessment.  The managements advice is to phone them and ask if they are happy to come to their appointment. If so, they come.  

******* shambles.  

This isn't a shambles, its somewhere between incompetence and negligence. Raise it with HR if you can.

John Gentleman

At sunrise, where I am, the magpies are still loud and melodius and the kookaburras loud and screeching. So where's the problem?

The problem is us, homo sapiens, or to be more precise our actions and disregard for our environment. Coronavirus is simply nature's response to our follies.

If Covid-19 doesn't directly take out a large proportion of us, the multiple cascading effects will.

When it comes to us, nature has no regard for our wellbeing. It only finds ways to restore equilibrium to the planet. That's what happening here.

3 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

At sunrise, where I am, the magpies are still loud and melodius and the kookaburras loud and screeching. So where's the problem?

The problem is us, homo sapiens, or to be more precise our actions and disregard for our environment. Coronavirus is simply nature's response to our follies.

If Covid-19 doesn't directly take out a large proportion of us, the multiple cascading effects will.

When it comes to us, nature has no regard for our wellbeing. It only finds ways to restore equilibrium to the planet. That's what happening here.

36952C98-E921-4BDF-8837-4A99C9D91857.gif.913d4bfc94ff67702904e6fb36ed6eb7.gif

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

This isn't a shambles, its somewhere between incompetence and negligence. Raise it with HR if you can.

Incompetence definitely.  Weak management unable to make a decision for themselves and waiting for the shout from people higher up, even though our management can (and are paid handsomely to) make the decision remotely.  A few calls to HR and the union this morning from staff. 

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Incompetence definitely.  Weak management unable to make a decision for themselves and waiting for the shout from people higher up, even though our management can (and are paid handsomely to) make the decision remotely.  A few calls to HR and the union this morning from staff. 

Thats good. If people work right now they must be protected.

John Gentleman
42 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

38 minutes ago, King prawn said:

36952C98-E921-4BDF-8837-4A99C9D91857.gif.913d4bfc94ff67702904e6fb36ed6eb7.gif

Not at all. The world will roll on. It'll just contain a lot less human beings.

doctor jambo
39 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

People need to stop relying on government for a lead on this.

STAY INSIDE AND DONT GO OUT

If what you do is not essential then it should stop.

7 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Not at all. The world will roll on. It'll just contain a lot less human beings.

Not with that baby boom in 9 months 

50 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

I agree with you.

Mother nature hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL

doctor jambo
Just now, Boris said:

I agree with you.

population top heavy with ill/frail and the elderly.

it was always coming.

we will try and prevent it this time, but its going to be hell of a messy

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The people calling President Trump "racist" ad nauseum will by absolute fact refer to the one from 100 years ago as "spanish flu".

This is annacuracy in itself as it had absolutely nothing to do witht he Spanish.

Spanish flu (even though had zero to do with Spain) = ok

Chinese Coronavirus (100% responsible) = racist

How can you justify this? Usual one way street from the left in this.

Point scoring in a national crisis.

give yourself a shake

The lefties will die.

the righties will die.

this has NOTHING to do with politics

Trump flexing on the chinese will help what exactly?

changing its name will change what?

Nothing

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Why is that a helpful way to view it though? It effects all of us, what's the benefit to labelling it in that way?

I don't disagree that you should be allowed to call it that if you want, I just don't understand why someone would want to.

Chy Na

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

******* shambles.  

Mate my work is still open too. We make fuel dispensers :lol: 

Not sure how that classes as essential at all considering education has ceased. But of course all those people who aren't allowed out need brand new shiny dispensers for their cars they wont be using. Add the fact that there is about 200 people on the shop floor at any one time is just bizarre how we seem to make our own guidelines.

14 minutes ago, Boris said:

I agree with you.

Bollocks, some people in China ate shit they shouldn't and Capitalist states weren't prepared for the fall out. 

People in the UK eat wild animals all the time.

Squirrels, hares, rabbits, venison, grouse, woodcock, snipe, pheasant, partridge, shellfish etc, etc, etc the list goes on and on.

None of these animals are tested for virals before consumption, especially not if hunted and prepared on the same estate without ever going near a butcher.

Morons trying to somehow blame China for this are forgetting the BSE outbreak of the late 80s/early 90s which came from farmed cattle in the UK.

And the sporadic salmonella outbreaks from farmed eggs.

It makes zero difference what animal was consumed or where the outbreak started.

Viruses can mutate at any time and any place and you don't even have to eat something to become infected with a new strain.

Since 16% of the world's population is in China then statistically they'll see more outbreaks.

Edited by Cade

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

This. Expect the military and police patrolling the streets shouting at people via megaphones because utter twats can't follow simple instructions.

It doesn’t help that idiot parents are treating the school closures as an extended holiday and taking their kids out to the beach and stuff. Also letting their teenagers out to run amok.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Just heard the news that Mrs tjambos mum has tested positive. 

:( Sure she'll be fine, we'll see more of these posts as the days proceed.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

:( Sure she'll be fine, we'll see more of these posts as the days proceed.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hope she gets better, bud.👍🏻

Cheers lads 👍🏻

She stays in Luton and so we haven’t had contact with her. I know that sounds a little selfish.

1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

I know what you mean, John, and agree with much of what you have written, but in order for us to "restore equilibrium" to the planet about 6 billion people would need to die.  Nobody wants that.

3 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Didn't Spanish flu start in the US? 

Not that it's important right now

Best guesses say so yes, at the marshalling yards in the eastern states.

Due to wartime media censorship and Spain being neutral, it was the first nation to actually report cases.

Hence "Spanish Flu"

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Sturgeon asking(telling?) building sites to close.

And all non-essential shops, lockdown is coming, probably today.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Best guesses say so yes, at the marshalling yards in the eastern states.

Due to wartime media censorship and Spain being neutral, it was the first nation to actually report cases.

Hence "Spanish Flu"

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't forget hair salons too...

Edinburgh is full of hairdressers and sandwich shops. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Francis Albert

Sorry if already posted … but for anyone doubting the idiocy and sheer malevolence of some in our society  six  ambulances at an NHS site in Kent were damaged overnight by vandals.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Sorry if already posted … but for anyone doubting the idiocy and sheer malevolence of some in our society  six  ambulances at an NHS site in Kent were damaged overnight by vandals.

FFS.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Bringing out the best in some people. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic