Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland 4,203

England 57, 722

Wales 2,973

NI 1,154

Confirmed Covid deaths. Putting covid on a death certificate does not mean the person died of Covid. 

Pretty shite numbers all round. 

Maybe the people breaking advice and lockdown rules should buy a mirror. 

As for the likes of @Brighton Jambo two people can play your game of numbers. 

England is 10 bigger than Scotland yet it has about 14 times the death count. Wales are starting to lose control and NI should think twice about listening to anyone from the mainland. But, I suppose the NIish know what do in a crisis situation, pity we don't follow their lead and do as we're fecking told, for once. 

And one more thing, England has all the power to do what is needed, the other 3 don't. If we had all the power, I'd shut the place down for a month, no one in no one out. Let the virus die, then open up with only vaccinated people allowed in or out. 

You see, this ain't a competition, it's a fecking Tragedy, and all we hear on here is friggin unionist bampots bumping their friggin gums. 

So now, I've had enough, let's go! 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Comparing things is how you know one thing is better than another. Trying to invalidate comparison in this way helps nobody. 

I wish we'd followed the German approach at the start. I know theirs was a better response because they had much better stats than us. Is it o.k. to compare in that way? 

It’s ok to compare whatever you like. The SG are not Scotland, you are not obliged to defend them and justify their failures by comparing them to the rest of the uk’s failures. Governments need held to account and fierce criticism when they get things horrendously wrong. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland 4,203

England 57, 722

Wales 2,973

NI 1,154

Confirmed Covid deaths. Putting covid on a death certificate does not mean the person died of Covid. 

Pretty shite numbers all round. 

Maybe the people breaking advice and lockdown rules should buy a mirror. 

As for the likes of @Brighton Jambo two people can play your game of numbers. 

England is 10 bigger than Scotland yet it has about 14 times the death count. Wales are starting to lose control and NI should think twice about listening to anyone from the mainland. Bit I suppose the NI know what do in a crisis situation, pity we don't follow their lead and do as we're fecking told, for once. 

And one more thing, England has all the power to do what is needed, the other 3 don't. If we had all the power, I'd shut the place down for month, no one in no one out. Let the virus die, then open up with only vaccinated people allowed or out. 

You see, this ain't a competition, it's a fecking Tragedy, and all we hear on hear is friggin unionist bampots bumping their friggin gums. 

You seem upset.

Does that include folk who went to work when they were ill back in March?

18 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

According to that calculator I'm mid June to mid September for the vaccine 

On the subject of vaccines, i take it dentists will be in line just now to be protected.

Im sure there is a backlog of rotten teeth needing removed.😧.

On the subject of vaccines, i take it dentists will be in line just now to be protected.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Also when doctors star getting it maybe they’ll open the Medical Centres.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, Harry - but just two doses required, not three ;) 

Not guilty , clicked on submit , and nothing, anyway 2 days till the shortest day then its spring time

not far away give or take 3 months😦.

8 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

Would an independent Scotland be governed by Brussels? 

The biggest lie portrayed by Brexiteers is for another thread.

;)

25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Dentist I know is getting theirs on Tuesday

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

South Africa have discovered a new variant similar to that in the U.K. They seem to believe it the cause of their second wave. It spreads quicker and seems to impact young people to a much greater degree than OG COVID-19. 

On bright side clinical treatment for it is the same and seem confident vaccine will be ok.

Notmally, when it mutates to spread faster, it is also less virulent and causes less, if any, illness. Don't expect to hear anything about that though. It will all be about "cases" in order to scare people into festive compliance.  Doctors are worried about 90% occupancy in hospitals but why is it not highlighted that this time last year it was 95%?? Meanwhile, after 9mths, the Nightingale hospitals remain largely unused.

47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Notmally, when it mutates to spread faster, it is also less virulent and causes less, if any, illness. Don't expect to hear anything about that though. It will all be about "cases" in order to scare people into festive compliance.  Doctors are worried about 90% occupancy in hospitals but why is it not highlighted that this time last year it was 95%?? Meanwhile, after 9mths, the Nightingale hospitals remain largely unused.

9 months ago they didn’t really know what to expect.  The emergency hospitals were a waste of money but at that point they were preparing for the worst. I don’t blame them for building them. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

9 months ago they didn’t really know what to expect.  The emergency hospitals were a waste of money but at that point they were preparing for the worst. I don’t blame them for building them. 

Nor do I, it was the right thing to do at the time. His point which I do agree with is the fear message still getting chucked about regarding overwhelming/protecting the nhs etc. Hospitals seem to be coping and are as busy as usual at this time of year. 

23 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It’s all a conspiracy, we are being played by the global elite who own all the media, no other explanation. That’s what your post reads like to me, sorry. 

I don't think anyone of sound mind will doubt that we are certainly being played to an extent by the government and scientists.  To be honest, that is beyond doubt. Official SAGE papers state that "the population are not scared enough". Presenting all the evidence for context is important, unless the great unwashed are incapable of exercising their own judgement?? The R rate is still trotted out when it exceeds 1 but not when below. At any rate, it is thought that 80% of casss do not pass the virus on to anyone so why not focus instead on the super spreading instances? Cases in England were starting to rise during the last week of their recent lockdown. What does that tell you about lockdowns? Evidently they don't stop the spread in places that can't be locked down, or are not politically beneficial, to lock down. Public transport, hospitals, care homes, schools, universities, supermarkets?? Locking down hairdressers,  hodpitality, non-essential retail is fruitless and will solve nothing. There is a world of difference between being a sensible sceptic and a conspiracy theorist. It's a sad reflection that parts of society have become so compliant that they are fearful of challenging any of the figures or scientific predictions that we are force-fed. "Stockholm Syndrome " in action.

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree but why are we still hearing this nonsense about hospitals being overwhelmed?? Occupancy rates are less than this time last year.

33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree but why are we still hearing this nonsense about hospitals being overwhelmed?? Occupancy rates are less than this time last year.

Being overwhelmed can result from having too many patients, equally if you don't have enough staff then you can become overwhelmed with a lot less patients.

The simple fact is, If you don't have the staff then it doesn't matter what your bed capacity is or your occupancy rates are, you simply don't have enough boots on the ground to do the job.

50 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Maybe after the xmas day celebrations, they might be, then again maybe not, if folk stick to the rules, should be ok, there are still some maskless in garages and shops.

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Being overwhelmed can result from having too many patients, equally if you don't have enough staff then you can become overwhelmed with a lot less patients.

The simple fact is, If you don't have the staff then it doesn't matter what your bed capacity is or your occupancy rates are, you simply don't have enough boots on the ground to do the job.

Yes, I appreciate that and , I'm sure you're right, that is where the real issue lies

15 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe after the xmas day celebrations, they might be, then again maybe not, if folk stick to the rules, should be ok, there are still some maskless in garages and shops.

I agree but why are they not challenged before being served. Why are you not wearing a mask? No exemption or good reason and they should be told they won't be served. I'm afraid people's sensitivities about being, stigmatised,  humiliated or offended aren't important while the law abiding majority are under severe restrictions. 

Shanks said no

Well have just experienced the joy of Marks Foodhall at the Gyle, I can easily see where the Xmas spike will be coming from. 

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And one more thing, England has all the power to do what is needed, the other 3 don't. If we had all the power, I'd shut the place down for month, no one in no one out. Let the virus die, then open up with only vaccinated people allowed or out. 

You see, this ain't a competition, it's a fecking Tragedy, and all we hear on hear is friggin unionist bampots bumping their friggin gums. 

Re the bit in bold...I presume you mean only vaccinated people can enter or leave the country after your proposed month long lockdown?? If that is the case, you do realise that some folk will still be waiting to the summer/next winter for their vaccination so what would you do with them....keep them locked up until they get a jab??

You need to give it a rest about unionist bampots aswell. In my opinion your obsession and anger in your posts to anyone not waving a 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and shouting freedom is ignorant and narrow minded to say the 

15 hours ago, frankblack said:

I think all political leaders in the UK and the rest of the world will be up against it trying to win reelection.

I fully expect Labour to win a landslide over the Tories next GE.

Why? Labour are still an utter shambles , how the next GE goes is more likely to be based on what happens after Brexit kicks in than anything about Coronavirus. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Bojo to hold a press conference today about the new strain and issues today apparently. 

Got a time for that, LBJ?

28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I appreciate that and , I'm sure you're right, that is where the real issue lies

Northern Ireland is having folk treated in ambulances in car parks, 30% of nurses are said to want to actively seek new employment, one of my mates who volunteers ar St. Johns was taken off because both wards he helped in had to close as 19 of 35 nurses had to self isolate.  Hoowever all this data of course has to be reviewed against previous years.

Even before the 2nd wave or 1.1 or 1 2 hit, NI was down to last 16 ICU beds but is Covid the perfect storm, or NI politics prioritusation all wrong?

Same could be said about Brexit, Independence and so on, of course.

9 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Re the bit in bold...I presume you mean only vaccinated people can enter or leave the country after your proposed month long lockdown?? If that is the case, you do realise that some folk will still be waiting to the summer/next winter for their vaccination so what would you do with them....keep them locked up until they get a jab??

You need to give it a rest about unionist bampots aswell. In my opinion your obsession and anger in your posts to anyone not waving a 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and shouting freedom is ignorant and narrow minded to say the 

"Let's lock up the young and healthy and leave the world to the aged who've had a jab". Absolutely mind boggling and pretty much sums it all up!

Wouldn't expect anything different from a brain-dead zealot blindly following the totalitarian ways of their incompetent leaders.

19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bojo to hold a press conference today about the new strain and issues today apparently. 

Yeh, this new strain seems to be causing some concern, the head guy at the Welcome Trust who is also on the SAGE, was on about it earlier.

Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Great

Whatever he says our FM will say something different

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Great

Whatever he says our FM will say something different

You can count on it being stricter too

32 minutes ago, JyTees said:

"Let's lock up the young and healthy and leave the world to the aged who've had a jab". Absolutely mind boggling and pretty much sums it all up!

Wouldn't expect anything different from a brain-dead zealot blindly following the totalitarian ways of their incompetent leaders.

There's a lot of decent comments and posts on jkb and, although I don't always agree with every single one, I appreciate when folk put a balanced point accross and respect it. To me anyway, thats what forums are fundamentally for...a bit of good healthy debate. For the life of me though i cannot understand some of the constant drivel written by certain folk (see ri 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 as a prime example) who like to generalise everyone who doesnt agree with their views and opinions🤦‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can count on it being stricter too

Better get to the barbers before Christmas!!!

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

About a week ago I asked if anyone had heard a rumour about a national lockdown until the end of Feb. 

Looking more likely that’s what we face. I think the narrative might be we need to get a hold of the new strain and harder controls required.

Hoping I’m wrong as the number in Scotland aren’t too bad, albeit it feels like we’re currently struggling to suppress wave no 3. 

Hoping for this Oxford vaccine to be approved soon, as understand current vaccines will be used up before end of Jan with no more coming til March at earliest 

I think you're going to be right regards the lockdown.

I don't think there's any chance that I'm going to get my holiday to Lanzarote on the 4th February.

Great let’s try something that didn’t work last time and time before that so let’s give it another try and lock everyone down 🙄

Scottish numbers: 19 December 2020

Summary

• 572 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-172]
  • 41 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+5]
  • 53 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+3]
  • 1,033 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]

• 15,917 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.0% of these were positive [-4.785; -0.2%]

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Summary

• 53 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+3]

• 15,917 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.0% of these were positive [-4.785; -0.2%]

Those figures are quite encouraging. It seems like we are going in the opposite direction to the south of England

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

Correct me if I am wrong are those numbers not going downwards !!

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Those figures are quite encouraging. It seems like we are going in the opposite direction to the south of England

They are indeed, Nucky, and yes we are. Hopefully we can keep this going. :thumbsup:

Just now, steve123 said:

Correct me if I am wrong are those numbers not going downwards !!

I won't be correcting you, Steve. :) Last Saturday's case figure was 1,064, and the positivity rate and test figures today don't indicate a significant reduction in tests as the cause for the decreased case figure, so today's case figures are very good indeed. Going to keep my fingers crossed...

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

Given the UK government broadcast this afternoon, I wonder what affect its going to have on Scotland and the Christmas rules.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I won't be correcting you, Steve. :) Last Saturday's case figure was 1,064, and the positivity rate and test figures today don't indicate a significant reduction in tests as the cause for the decreased case figure, so today's case figures are very good indeed. Going to keep my fingers crossed...

Perfect cheers

Per-100,000 case rates around the boards:

Scotland 10 [-4].

Ayrshire 18 [+4], Lanarkshire 18 [+8], Lothian 11 [-6], Fife 10 [-1], Forth Valley 10 [+1], Greater Glasgow 10 [-5].

Borders 9 [-10], Grampian 8 [-8], Tayside 6 [-15].

All the others: less than 5.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

NS doing a briefing today after cabinet meeting today to update us on latest developments,

Source the wife so probably not the most trustworthy

The Sun reporting this also.

Which is more reliable though? 😁

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Given the UK government broadcast this afternoon, I wonder what affect its going to have on Scotland and the Christmas rules.

I would hazard a guess you will not be able to travel to England and vice Versa, but could be anything really.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Surprised the FM is not rushing to Edinburgh now to get a brief in before him

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Nor do I, it was the right thing to do at the time. His point which I do agree with is the fear message still getting chucked about regarding overwhelming/protecting the nhs etc. Hospitals seem to be coping and are as busy as usual at this time of year. 

@Enzo Chiefoyeah I agree with the broader point that spreading fear is counter productive. The more they exaggerate the less people will pay attention. 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hopefully the government will take into account the specific situations in each country/region/area when making any lockdown and tier decisions.

Just now, redjambo said:

Hopefully the government will take into account the specific situations in each country/region/area when making any lockdown and tier decisions.

BBC News seemed to be hinting at travel restrictions.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

New Tiers 4 for place in England, travel restrictions and restriction to Christmas relaxations seems to be chat for Bojos conference at 4pm. @Governor Tarkin

Cheers. 👍

I'm supposed to finish work at 4 so might catch it.

Travel restrictions would absolutely make sense.

I think they would like to cancel the Christmas rules roll-back if they could based on what's happening abroad and the latest medical advice.

I also think that this latest strain of Corona Bad AIDS will present them with the opportunity to do this without looking like a right bunch of ****s.

The passing of responsibility for our actions and health back to the people over Christmas has really made me be more careful and responsible to respect the power being given back us.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic