Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

kingantti1874
Just now, ri Alban said:

Keep the vulnerable at safe houses and let the rest of us, who according to the experts, have little chance of dying carry on, get infected, then become not contagious and hopefully, we'll have a vaccine.

Just an opinion, because like the rest of here, I know feck all, but I may as well kid on I do.

your opinion is the exact opposite of every single expert on the planet and  the World Health Organisation.  So in that regard it’s utterly moronic 

the rest on here are reading, learning and repeating. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So quite a big drop in daily deaths for us, compared to the Italians 2 weeks ago. Might as well grab onto any positive news we can. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

:lol: you're wasted on here bud, the WHO would love to hear from you.

I know it’s unbelievable :rofl:

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

UK death toll rises to 281

The number of people who have died from coronavirus in the UK now stands at 281 - a rise of 48 - the government has said.

There are now 5,683 confirmed cases in the UK - a rise of 665 on Saturday.

Considerably fewer than Italy at this stage. (They had 133 in 24 hours)

That said the news is saying our rate is somehow going up quicker than Italy/China. That may be the infection rate however?

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

:lol: you're wasted on here bud, the WHO would love to hear from you.

I'd love to play drums like Keith moon or bass like the Ox. I'm no bad at swinging a Mike tho.

Love The Who! 👍

Just now, ri Alban said:

Keep the vulnerable at safe houses and let the rest of us, who according to the experts, have little chance of dying carry on, get infected, then become not contagious and hopefully, we'll have a vaccine.

Just an opinion, because like the rest of here, I know feck all, but I may as well kid on I do.

Most other people are postings opinions based on the information and theories,  etc that they see and read.    Nobody that I have seen posting here has suggested they are an expert.    Your post would have been treated like a valid opinion without your need to be invalidate everyone else.  

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I know it’s unbelievable :rofl:

Well at least it's made you laugh for a minute, instead of pissing your pants. :thumb:

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Most other people are postings opinions based on the information and theories,  etc that they see and read.    Nobody that I have seen posting here has suggested they are an expert.    Your post would have been treated like a valid opinion without your need to be invalidate everyone else.  

Cider! And frustration, Vic. Don't hold it against me, bud.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Well at least it's made you laugh for a minute, instead of pissing your pants. :thumb:

Difference between pissing pants and frustration,  I do get frustrated at complete dumb****ery.. 

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Boris Johnson is still pussy footing around. 

He is but it does sound like a final warning. Heed the warnings or we're on lockdown. 

So it is an increase below the trend,  which is good,  but not any evidence of progress.    If the trend continues in the same vein we'll see increases below and above the average trend.    As I said earlier,    it would be virtually impossible to expect the exponential trend to be arrested so early in the spread.

47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

UK gov said 80% of population could get this,

if that number get it the NHS will be swamped and we will be unable to provide care and will see a death rate closer to Italy (8%) than SK (1%)

80% of U.K. population is 52 million.

8% of 52 million = 4.2 million /365 is 11k a day over a year..

so not as bad as my guess but horrific none the less and the reason why it cannot be allowed to get out of control

Most cases are mild, it's all about preventing giving it to people at higher risk. 

Stay strong everybody we will get through this. 

Have also been told the UK are accelerating vaccines for this. 

America and Russia also seem to think they aren't far away from cracking it. 

What i will say though these selfish people, that aren't self isolating and are gathering in large groups. 

We could have this virus conquered within 2 months, just do the right thing for **** sake. 

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Polis given the powers now,  to close the pubs that were saying nope.

Good.

Should lose their license going forward

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Most cases are mild, it's all about preventing giving it to people at higher risk. 

Stay strong everybody we will get through this. 

Have also been told the UK are accelerating vaccines for this. 

America and Russia also seem to think they aren't far away from cracking it. 

What i will say though these selfish people, that aren't self isolating and are gathering in large groups. 

We could have this virus conquered within 2 months, just do the right thing for **** sake. 

America and Russia racing... reality is that neither is close at all

6 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Boris Johnson is still pussy footing around. 

Woeful. He doesn't know how to speak, to communicate. His message is complacency.

Bearing in mind tone and emphasis is way more important than the words. 

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

If there were ever was two countries that I could place my bet on who would come up with a vaccine to sort it out. 

Personally speaking it would be America and Russia 👍

29 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And dicks from here heading to the lake district. Oh and plenty from the central belt heading to the highlands too, not just the dirty infected english!!!

Bizarre behaviour. Do they think it's business as usual in these places.

If there were ever was two countries that I could place my bet on who would come up with a vaccine to sort it out. 

Personally speaking it would be America and Russia 👍

You don't need a vaccine just now.

You need treatment, enough intensive care beds. Not to be overwhelmed so you have to let people die. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You don't need a vaccine just now.

You need treatment, enough intensive care beds. Not to be overwhelmed so you have to let people die. 

Correct talks are in place to deal with that, China have built two extra hospitals to deal with it, and we are looking at doing the same. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Italy reports 651 new deaths

They're not treating anyone over 60 or anyone who has a terminal illness who needs intensive care :(. Imagine having to break that news

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Difference between pissing pants and frustration,  I do get frustrated at complete dumb****ery.. 

There's dumbfeckery and and there's dumbfeckery. 

Just chill out, I'm trying to distract people for a minute or two. Put the news off for a second and talk to whoever about something other than this.

People cope in different ways, panic buying and finger pointing are two heads of the same coin. 

Personally, I'm doing what is being advised.  Others? That's up to them, if I get it I'll quarantine. Simple.

Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

your opinion is the exact opposite of every single expert on the planet and  the World Health Organisation.  So in that regard it’s utterly moronic 

the rest on here are reading, learning and repeating. 

It's not. It's herd Immunity.

I think tomorrow will be the acid test for responsible social distancing as far as the government is concerned. It’s a work day but if it’s still like a bank holiday weekend... the parks and playgrounds will be shut followed by a complete lock down.

Edited by Rudy T

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sending out letters asking folk to stay at home. Extreme steps being taken here. 

:smile: Folk being threatened with a stern telling off if they ignore advice.

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

18 month to see if it works and is safe, is the estimate from most in the field I've listened to.

Not sure this is 100% correct but still keeping up with Italy 

IMG_20200322_172659.jpg

Yesterdays figures.

Today’s toll puts us a bit behind italy but that’s not say figures won’t follow Italy’s pattern in the coming days and weeks.

Just now, ri Alban said:

18 month to see if it works and is safe, is the estimate from most in the field I've listened to.

Will be quicker than that trust me👍

Just now, redjambo said:

:smile: Folk being threatened with a stern telling off if they ignore advice.

Police and Army have been briefed and tooled up, bud.

Just now, Barack said:

It will happen. It needs to happen.

Germany have posed restrictions again today. No-more than two allowed to be together outside. They've indicated they'll go further again if needs be.

Correct bang on 👍

To see if it works takes no time at all. To see if it's safe is a different kettle of fish, but I agree with you, it will be shorter than 18 months. I would say late autumn,

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

They're not treating anyone over 60 or anyone who has a terminal illness who needs intensive care :(. Imagine having to break that news

They could do with being more explicit. 

The Scottish health expert earlier and the English one speaking now are saying 'we're seeking to avoid additional deaths'. This is what they mean. 

Hopefully, starting to miss Hearts getting beat. :D

Just now, redjambo said:

To see if it works takes no time at all. To see if it's safe is a different kettle of fish, but I agree with you, it will be shorter than 18 months. I would say late autumn,

202?

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20200322_172659.jpg

Yesterday's. 

Today's figures mean we're sitting at 281 compared to their 366 this time two weeks ago. Encouraging, but nothing to get excited about yet. 

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

Yesterday's. 

Today's figures mean we're sitting at 281 compared to their 366 this time two weeks ago. Encouraging, but nothing to get excited about yet. 

Promising but the big jumps will come when the hospitals become overloaded

Again, the message I'm getting from Boris Johnson with his tone of voice is "everything is fine". 

I don't mind him calming the public as long he tells the truth, unlike the clown Trump in the US.

Just now, redjambo said:

:) This year.

Can I hold you to it? 

Banned from taking us all to cleaners on the 'Where is it/this' thread. Deal?

Annoys me more than anything that what little there is left to do..i.e going out for a run, a walk in the park ect might be shut down because arseholes can't listen to what they are ****ing told. People told "don't panick buy" but they raid the shelves instead. 

This has proven to me that society...in general are full of complete and utter helmets who deserve to get Ill. 

If folk would just ****ing listen we wouldn't be locked up for so long. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Boris's latest batshit, contradictory pish:

"please stay at home, but feel free to go down the park, just not in large numbers, and we'll monitor the situation and close the parks if we need to"

Ignoring all the pictures of public spaces being absolutely feckin rammed.

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Yesterday's. 

Good, cheers. Next few days will tell us. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They are already testing people on them mate. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20200322_172659.jpg

281 today so behind them by a lot but its a silly comparison. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic