Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, cannonfoda said:

Asymptomatic positive cases in uni students that are being mass tested?

if i was a betting man i would stick my money on students

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

74 up to 92 40% sounds a lot but it's still miles below other so called Tier 3 areas

Yes its the classic of using percentages to exaggerate her point clearly when you just pointed out it was only a rise of 18 !

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Edinburgh cases up 40% in the last week. Decision to stay in level 3 vindicated.

You can taste the happiness in your post. Have you posted your congratulations to NS yet. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Run up to Christmas. More folk heading into shops, using public transport I'd imagine.

Did you expect old Maggie to do online shopping. Get real. 

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

if i was a betting man i would stick my money on students

You'd probably lose your money, from what I hear the Uni tests are all coming back negative.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, the general said:

Has anyone been down to the Borders for a peev? And if so was it easy enough to get served etc??

DMs if easier 

yep my daughter confirmed that a whole group of lads came down from Dalkeith/Gorebridge for a session in a local hostelry not sure if they used the Train

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Ray Gin said:

You'd probably lose your money, from what I hear theu Uni tests are all coming back negative.

Are you kept up to date with findings from testers? I suspect not. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Sounds like the restrictions are working really well.

All guesswork and political decisions. They don't have clue. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Edinburgh cases up 40% in the last week. Decision to stay in level 3 vindicated.

Testing in Edinburgh probably up 200%

Notice how she gave a figure on positive cases for Edinburgh but didn't on the test positivity percentage.

She gave a figure for both in Aberdeen though

Test 500 people in Edinburgh and get 30 positive cases, or test 5000 and get 300. Of course it's going to make a difference.

She's fecking at it

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Pesky Weegies

5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep my daughter confirmed that a whole group of lads came down from Dalkeith/Gorebridge for a session in a local hostelry not sure if they used the Train

Cheers pal .. might give it a wee try

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes its the classic of using percentages to exaggerate her point clearly when you just pointed out it was only a rise of 18 !

Better watch out, you will have the usual suspects on your tail for criticising the SG. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Better watch out, you will have the usual suspects on your tail for criticising the SG. 

Water of a ducks arse to me 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Asymptomatic positive cases in uni students that are being mass tested?

It has to be, what other reason can there be? Entirely predictable too. 

21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nah.  Apparently a coincidental lucky break for Adolfa.  

22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Tier 3 for East Lothian and Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire.

Aberdeen and Shire should have been done last week at the latest.

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What was the percentage rise in testing ? 

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Testing in Edinburgh probably up 200%

Notice how she gave a figure on positive cases for Edinburgh but didn't on the test positivity percentage.

She gave a figure for both in Aberdeen though

Test 500 people in Edinburgh and get 30 positive cases, or test 5000 and get 300. Of course it's going to make a difference.

She's fecking at it

Thats very telling - smoke and mirrors again 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sky News has just reported that Gove is to hold a phone call with the other 3 devolved nations this afternoon, it's expected to be about the 5 day Christmas break.

I expect something to change surrounding it, just what exactly, well we'll have to wait and see.

All at NS behest. 

16 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yup people coming up on the train to Aberdeen to go out on the piss too. All bigger residential areas and surrounding should be tier 3. Too many people taking the utter piss in tier 2 (certainly up here) 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Testing has remained at the same level on a national level. Not seen any evidence to suggest they've piled all the tests into Edinburgh alone. Have you?

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Thats very telling - smoke and mirrors again 

It's very telling of how his imagination works, not much else unless he's got evidence to back this up.

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Pure gym at Fort Kinnaird said two personal trainers and "a number"  of members (through track and trace) tested positive.

Source: todays Evening news.

Just now, Dazo said:

Absolutely stunned you’ve jumped on that Vic. 

Tbf , you all just see what you want to see as do the other side and everyone thinks they are right. My best mate is a Tory shes on the phone to me raging as she cant go out on the piss next week now. Priorities eh 🤣

22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

18 per 100k

Just now, westbow said:

Pure gym at Fort Kinnaird said two personal trainers and "a number"  of members (through track and trace) tested positive.

Prob sharing lines 😏 also prob shagging the punters but I wouldnt like to suggest that either 🤣

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

All at NS behest. 

Today Scotland Tomorrow UK next the World - theres no stopping the supreme leader

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So what?  Feel free to give me a reason why I shouldn't.

I didn’t say you shouldn’t, your choice to thrive in negativity. 👍

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

She never gave it for Edinburgh, all she said was that test positivity was also rising, but She gave Aberdeen as going from 3.2% to 6.8%.

Says it all for me

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Prob sharing lines 😏 also prob shagging the punters but I wouldnt like to suggest that either 🤣

I have to say Pure Gym at Fort Kinnaird sounds depressing as hell so I can't blame them for either.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Testing has remained at the same level on a national level. Not seen any evidence to suggest they've piled all the tests into Edinburgh alone. Have you?

I'm hearing Edinburgh has piled on testing. 

Just now, Dazo said:

I didn’t say you shouldn’t, your choice to thrive in negativity. 👍

How is it his angle of looking at things thats negative? 🤔

6 minutes ago, westbow said:

Hence the reason I stopped going to my local gym a few weeks ago. They were blaise about mask wearing. I just cant believe gyms are safe places as such due to the very nature of them.  The 18 rise was out of 100000 

Just now, westbow said:

I have to say Pure Gym at Fort Kinnaird sounds depressing as hell so I can't blame them for either.

I think its a prerequisite for being at PT at Pure Gym , its unreal the number of PTs who work for Pure Gym in Scotland that sell coke lol. Most of them like to shag their punters too. Annoys **** out of me but thats another thread haha.

Fort Kinnaird is ok actually. Well spaced out and enough equipment to avoid having to wait around.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Hence the reason I stopped going to my local gym a few weeks ago. They were blaise about mask wearing. I just cant believe gyms are safe places as such due to the very nature of them.  The 18 rise was out of 100000 

Not often I agree with you James but there is no way they are safe to be in. Group classes are ok now too. Just idiotic. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

That who i think it is...?

I don’t know any of them by name in there. If its who I think you mean he works in Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She never gave it for Edinburgh, all she said was that test positivity was also rising, but She gave Aberdeen as going from 3.2% to 6.8%.

Says it all for me

Test positivity rising is not the same as tests being carried out rising.

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Today Scotland Tomorrow UK next the World - theres no stopping the supreme leader

taking a leaf out her predecessor's bully boy tactics

Just now, Barack said:

Nah, not him then. :lol:

Haha we are on the same wavelength then 🤣 Tho no doubt he is still doing the first one well them both actually😒

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not often I agree with you James but there is no way they are safe to be in. Group classes are ok now too. Just idiotic. 

No even though Nicky gets on my nerves I recall her saying if your anywhere and you feel uncomfortable in the environment if you feel it is unsafe, you should leave. I did have a word with the manager and as i said was blaise. Hardly any sanatizer about either and people near each other huffing puffing breathing everywhere so I cancelled my membership for the time being. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No even though Nicky gets on my nerves I recall her saying if your anywhere and you feel uncomfortable in the environment if you feel it is unsafe, you should leave. I did have a word with the manager and as i said was blaise. Hardly any sanatizer about either and people near each other huffing puffing breathing everywhere so I cancelled my membership for the time being. 

Spot on , im very lucky I have my own gym in the house. I wouldnt be near a gym otherwise. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic