Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Appears to be a lower daily increase than the trend and diverges a little from the Italy line but the daily increases for both countries show lower and higher daily increases.    It's also still very,  very early to think there could be any kind of slow down.    

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Appears to be a lower daily increase than the trend and diverges a little from the Italy line but the daily increases for both countries show lower and higher daily increases.    It's also still very,  very early to think there could be any kind of slow down.    

Dont think that is the final figure, the is Scotland + wales.. England and NI to come

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

650000 died last year in the UK. Nearly 2000 a day. Yes this is serious shit, but other stuff is too. Sometimes I feel that government and media should tell people nothing. 

Sorry if this gets out of control you could see 20,000 dead a day.. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Dont think that is the final figure, the is Scotland + wales.. England and NI to come

Cheers.    Does not look any better then.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

650000 died last year in the UK. Nearly 2000 a day. Yes this is serious shit, but other stuff is too. Sometimes I feel that government and media should tell people nothing. 

Many of them in fact probably  most from the same punderlying conditions that are killing Coronavirus victims now.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

On what basis do you arrive at that figure?

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The numbers in Scotland are still quite low, the UK figure is very focused on London.  If we get out sh@t together up here we could really end up better off than other parts of the UK.  It basically and literally in our own hands and we should be brutal on those who don’t do what they are supposed to.  

I can see border control being set up as it seems some people from England trying to escape it by heading to north of Scotland...

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

On what basis do you arrive at that figure?

UK gov said 80% of population could get this,

if that number get it the NHS will be swamped and we will be unable to provide care and will see a death rate closer to Italy (8%) than SK (1%)

80% of U.K. population is 52 million.

8% of 52 million = 4.2 million /365 is 11k a day over a year..

so not as bad as my guess but horrific none the less and the reason why it cannot be allowed to get out of control

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

6000 new cases in USA

Holy shit! They’ve obviously ramped up their testing a lot.

The Internet
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You're not saying anything new here. We know people die of other things. But this new thing is now killing 200 people a day add counting. It shouldn't just be ignored. 

Francis Albert

if that number get it the NHS will be swamped and we will be unable to provide care and will see a death rate closer to Italy (8%) than SK (1%)

so not as bad as my guess but horrific none the less and the reason why it cannot be allowed to get out of control

So about half of your guess. Which is based on a wild guess about the death rate given that no-one knows how many cases there have been in Italy or anywhere else. And based on an assertion that 80% "could" get it.

kingantti1874
Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Holy shit! They’ve obviously ramped up their testing a lot.

One thing to note, before this started per 100k people the USA has 36 ventilators.. we have 6 in the U.K. 

if people can get past the pay wall they are much better placed to deal with this

Francis Albert
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You're not saying anything new here. We know people die of other things. But this new thing is now killing 200 people a day add counting. It shouldn't just be ignored. 

Is anyone saying it should be ignored?

People die of other things. Mostly of things Coronaviras victims are dying of.

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The German data looks good.. has gone down for the last 2 days.. 🤞🏻 

Probably due to being the weekend. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But will all of the 11k a day need hospital treatment?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

So about half of your guess. Which is based on a wild guess about the death rate given that no-one knows how many cases there have been in Italy or anywhere else. And based on an assertion that 80% "could" get it.

Yes - they have just about shut down  the global economy overnight, suspended the majority of global travel and lock down whole countries .. on the basis of something that’s “overblown” - they take those kind of Decisions lightly do they ? ****ing muppet 

honestly, I’m not in the mood for you or your ****ing shite tbh. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

in Italy 10% of those who test positive need hospital treatment 

in Italy 10% of those who test positive need hospital treatment 

So 10% of the 11k per day? 

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I highly doubt it. But when I think about it, mass hysteria could bump it up.

kingantti1874
Just now, ri Alban said:

I highly doubt it. But when I think about it, mass hysteria could bump it up.

🤦‍♂️ 

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We've had 244 deaths in a month.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

So 10% of the 11k per day? 

yeah - in this worst case scanrio, but the U.K. has 4000 ventilators.. average time in a bed = 3 weeks before you are cured or you die

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

Stay safe mate..

5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Absolutely in your debt for what you and others are doing on the front line.  Yes they could go and do their own thing but because it's a very small group of half a dozen I reckon she thought it could be effectively managed for want of a better word. I hear you though.

Stay safe and thank you for all you do

4 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

Stay safe and what a fantastic job you do.

Cheers guys. No thanks needed, I'll just be happy if nobody I know and love dies because of this, or because of arseholes that a few days in are struggling. 

We will go into full lockdown if its needed. It will take time to have an impact but the measures in place now IF FOLLOWED will have an impact.

I still think the italian numbers are dodgy to follow due to their social setup...large family meals, very close greetings etc. I do think that we may see a larger number of younger people being infected and only hope that they realise the impaact they can have if they ignore guidelines. Parents need to step up to the mark here but I've already again today seen 3 larger groups of teens hanging around together sharing bottles of MD.

🤦‍♂️

Sorry, but that shows as two pencil drawn saltires on my phone.

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can see border control being set up as it seems some people from England trying to escape it by heading to north of Scotland...

It's true, total roasters from south of the border turning up in the highlands and islands in campervans.

yeah - in this worst case scanrio, but the U.K. has 4000 ventilators.. average time in a bed = 3 weeks before you are cured or you die

Gotcha👍

38 minutes ago, theshed said:

Sorry for asking what might be a stupid question for yourself but is this Madrid 

Yes it is 

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Wont matter, if 80% get it we wont have an NHS!!!

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, moshy said:

It's true, total roasters from south of the border turning up in the highlands and islands in campervans.

And dicks from here heading to the lake district. Oh and plenty from the central belt heading to the highlands too, not just the dirty infected english!!!

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes - they have just about shut down  the global economy overnight, suspended the majority of global travel and lock down whole countries .. on the basis of something that’s “overblown” - they take those kind of Decisions lightly do they ? ****ing muppet 

honestly, I’m not in the mood for you or your ****ing shite tbh. 

A response as rational and as well reasoned as your guess (your word) at the number of deaths per day.

And where did  "overblown" in quotes come from? Certainly not from me as your post implies.

Edited by Francis Albert

kingantti1874
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Wont matter, if 80% get it we wont have an NHS!!!

Correct -  If 10% get this we won’t have an NHS.. 

Don’t worry about it though according to some.. people die of other things.. 

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That's not what I'm saying. Just relax and then the instructions/advice should become second nature. Getting Telt ain't gonnae help, because feck off is usually the answer.

I'm just doing what Boris and Nicola are asking me to do. But if someone in the street has something to say in some over their station kind of manor, the death could actually hit 200 an hour, in some parts of the country. 😀

Jambof3tornado

Even more will die of other things because right now this is a little snowball thats rolling down a big fekkin hill killing more and more on its way down and its taking up most of our resources!!

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The usual I'm not listening pish. Other folk who are I'll need treatment too. But hey keep all for the Coronavirus, feck the rest.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A response as rational and as well reasoned as your guess (your word) at the number of deaths per day.

And where did  "overblown" in quotes come from?

Your posts have consistently tried to downplay the impact, your wrong on this subject like you were with FOH. 

this will be my last ever interaction with you.. 

If it gets anywhere approaching a final total of 80% infection without sufficient delay measures or advances in treatments it is :

500,000+ dead.

Major disaster / terrorist attack / battlefield style triage - letting people die in car parks,  etc.

People dying at home and remaining there for some time.

Bulk expedient management of the deceased - no funeral for your mum or dad.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The usual I'm not listening pish. Other folk who are I'll need treatment too. But hey keep all for the Coronavirus, feck the rest.

that’s exactly what going to happen.. like in Italy if things get out of control.. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Even more will die of other things because right now this is a little snowball thats rolling down a big fekkin hill killing more and more on its way down and its taking up most of our resources!!

correct - there Will be no resources To do anything else.

Edited by kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s exactly what going to happen.. like in Italy if things get out of control.. 

Is Italy really the place to follow, I'd be doing the exact opposite of them.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your posts have consistently tried to downplay the impact, your wrong on this subject like you were with FOH. 

this will be my last ever interaction with you.. 

Since you don't actually, as here, respond in any meaningful way to my posts I will somehow get by. 

And FOH FFS?

Keep the vulnerable at safe houses and let the rest of us, who according to the experts, have little chance of dying, carry on, get infected, then become non contagious and hopefully, we'll have a vaccine.

Just an opinion, because like the rest of here, I know feck all, but I may as well kid on I do.

Edited by ri Alban

kingantti1874

Is Italy really the place to follow, I'd be doing the exact opposite of them.

That’s just extremely stupid in all

honesty and doesn’t warrant any kind of repsinse

go listen to Nicola Sturgeon words from only moments ago

UK death toll rises to 281

The number of people who have died from coronavirus in the UK now stands at 281 - a rise of 48 - the government has said.

There are now 5,683 confirmed cases in the UK - a rise of 665 on Saturday.

The Internet

Keep the vulnerable at safe houses and let the rest of us, who according to the experts, have little chance of dying carry on, get infected, then become not contagious and hopefully, we'll have a vaccine.

Just an opinion, because like the rest of here, I know feck all, but I may as well kid on I do.

:lol: you're wasted on here bud, the WHO would love to hear from you.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic