Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Lots of photos on Twitter of an absolutely packed street market in Hackney. It’s idiots like these that are going to be the people that mean the government have no choice but to impose total lockdown. The majority suffer due to the idiotic minority. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Not a lot of that alcohol gel going about

I know, it’s a worry. Straight alcohol can be used to wipe surfaces even spay and wipe stuff would be helpful. Disposable gloves though are probably best (if you can get them) 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

One basket per person would let the shops recover.

Combined with the sort of stamp that some venues use ... to allow re-entry but in this case to prevent it the same day. It could even prevent entry to other supermarkets that day

scottishguy
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Combined with the sort of stamp that some venues use ... to allow re-entry but in this case to prevent it the same day. It could even prevent entry to other supermarkets that day

Stamp wouldn't work. Could possibly pass the virus onto everyone who gets stamped. A spray a of sort would work though.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Why is the market even open? Are flowers an essential? Have the local authorities no powers to close them in a public health emergency even if the Government doesn't act?

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Stamp wouldn't work. Could possibly pass the virus onto everyone who gets stamped. A spray a of sort would work though.

1ad1f00a38c4e25faf6fa719ca722d3b.jpg.b702805e551feb3ad18342115a423297.jpg

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, scottishguy said:

Ok. Thanks.That then.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Not a single soul out and about here today, from what we can see.

Sounds like heaven.

Whole bunch of wholesalers punting off stuff to the public now. Companies like Brakes, Mark Murphys etc have lost a whole lot of business with venues shut, with a whole lot of stock that'll need shifted. Bog roll a plenty available from hygiene suppliers too. 

17 minutes ago, BlackJAC? said:

Just to make you and others aware and having worked in a major shop during my uni years.  It is not illegal to take your own bag in, fill your bag, then empty it once you get to the till.  It's only if you have concealed items when you step foot out of the exit door that it is considered shoplifting. You can actually stuff items into your pockets or jacket too.  But as above, as long as you empty everything out on the till or before you exit the store, you are ok. 

Me personally, I wouldn't touch any basket or trolley in the coming weeks.  Imo, trollies should be locked.  It would stop a lot of the panic buying if people were restricted to baskets.

Thanks, it did cross my mind but I wanted to ask first and couldn't find someone to have that question with when I arrived so went with the basket. Will definitely be doing that on future trips. As you say, the baskets and trollies are a major risk.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Sounds like heaven.

I know what you mean.

If only it was as quiet as this normally, when we are out!

4 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Silverknowes 30 minutes ago, absolute madness!

90559982_2653428744889600_7473580503375806464_n.jpg

90509098_2653428881556253_5140317873188634624_n.jpg

90721927_2653428798222928_5449829623313465344_n.jpg

Crazy. Who sent you the pictures?

People not social distancing is why we are going to surpass the death rate in Italy I think. That and we are generally unhealthier than the Italians. 

My wee boy is 3 today we had planned to go away for 3 days to the converted buses down Gifford that have been turned into luxury small living spaces as he is obsessed with buses but we cancelled it last week.He is here in the house with his mum and dad though and is having a great time blowing out the imaginary candle on his cake and face timing grandparents and aunties. Oblivious to everything going on just having fun with new toys and games.

campsites - just as an example - Braemar -  from website -anyone showing symptoms will not be permitted entry or asked to leave. If you are in high risk categories think before you travel. 

Lovely site but someone needs to have a look at this  current  'policy' you'd think? Quite extraordinary

I have to say I have hardly seen a soul the past 3 days where I live. Been out for walks and it’s eerie quiet. Tomorrow I go to asda for my click and collect though...... I’d imagine it’ll be carnage. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

campsites - just as an example - Braemar -  from website -anyone showing symptoms will not be permitted entry or asked to leave. If you are in high risk categories think before you travel. 

Lovely site but someone needs to have a look at this  current  'policy' you'd think? Quite extraordinary

Wow. Most people with the virus don't show symptoms. There is both a failure of communication and an unwillingness to be communicated to here.

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I have to say I have hardly seen a soul the past 3 days where I live. Been out for walks and it’s eerie quiet. Tomorrow I go to asda for my click and collect though...... I’d imagine it’ll be carnage. 

Whilst I didn't enjoy my trip to Sainsbury's earlier as I was worried about it. Aside from a handful of folk getting too close to me and a number just standing in groups chatting it was far from carnage. Plenty on the shelves (pasta and loo tool aside) and quite empty.

Horatio Caine
11 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Mental and life threatening behaviour.

What was that about social distancing? (oh and not acting like the selfish arseholes they obviously are)

JudyJudyJudy

some advice...just had some shopping dropped off .  most in plastic or cardboard....should i wipe them all done with bleach before putting them away or am i being very para?

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wow. Most people with the virus don't show symptoms. There is both a failure of communication and an unwillingness to be communicated to here.

By comparison, just one example, Oban site - closed for the foreseeable future. So, no consistency yet

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

some advice...just had some shopping dropped off .  most in plastic or cardboard....should i wipe them all done with bleach before putting them away or am i being very para?

The coronavirus lives on copper for 4 hours, on cardboard for 1 day, and on plastic for 3 days, new research says. 

Edited by ...a bit disco

Tommy Brown
55 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I know, it’s a worry. Straight alcohol can be used to wipe surfaces even spay and wipe stuff would be helpful. Disposable gloves though are probably best (if you can get them) 

Something to keep in mind when fueling your car.

Antiseptic wipe

Disposable gloves

Wash hands

Can you spend 5 years saying that "people have had enough of experts" and encouraging people to become anti-establishment then act surprised when they don't follow government advice?

:kirk:

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye wipe, not para!

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

The coronavirus lives on copper for 4 hours, on cardboard for 1 day, and on plastic for 3 days, new research says. 

thanks thought so. so wiped them down with bleach and will unpack them later....any info regarding if you put the packaging in the fridge does that kill it off ? 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

244 UK deaths in last 24 hours.

How many people died each day last year, in the uk. Not a troll or anything else, just a question? 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Aye wipe, not para!

thought so . thanks. 

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Johnson I suppose could turn this round and he has been getting better recently.

He needs as a minimum to sacrifice Cummings and according to my scientist sister in law, Vallance isn't really up to the job of Chief Scientific Officer either as he is an academic, capitalist rather than a scientist although to me his wiki CV anyway looks scientific to me.

Of course Cummings and Vallance are allies, friends.

America on the other hand, short of a coup are goosed.

There has definitely mis-steps but I have been reassured by the governments willingness to change tack in the medical side and to add to the financial package when it becomes clear what has been proposed doesn’t go far enough.

When all this is over I am sure the government will have difficult questions to answer but frankly so will the British public.  If we had/were relentlessly following the expert advice this would be half as bad as it’s going to get. 

the arrogance, ignorance and stupidity has been really dispiriting and actually will cause far more deaths than any other factor.  

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How many people died each day last year, in the uk. Not a troll or anything else, just a question? 

1,483 based on 2018 - England and Wales only 

Edited by King prawn

6 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Incorrect.

Total is 244.

Just seen that aye. They are never really clear with their headline breaking news figures.

133 deaths in the last 24 hours would see us on par with Italy 2 weeks ago.

Edited by hughesie27

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Them with the giant shopping trollies worth of goods must be there all ****ing night wiping them down😂

Brighton Jambo

The numbers in Scotland are still quite low, the UK figure is very focused on London.  If we get out sh@t together up here we could really end up better off than other parts of the UK.  It basically and literally in our own hands and we should be brutal on those who don’t do what they are supposed to.  

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

thanks thought so. so wiped them down with bleach and will unpack them later....any info regarding if you put the packaging in the fridge does that kill it off ? 

Sorry, no info on that.

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

5F8A229D-05E5-436E-A9D6-960253746DA1.thumb.jpeg.3b7cfa91a62bef8d4895e8426f8aed2a.jpegC3D3EEB5-0EFB-4373-8D2C-7B61729B062A.thumb.jpeg.56dca5e7f706edecfa170667c6bbe9e8.jpeg4962B74A-603B-4CCD-8862-1CA05E91111E.thumb.jpeg.a141ff12d2d5c7ae6b2f8138cbcaaa7f.jpeg602D9F75-BA2B-4CE5-AE0E-4A2C7F4A671C.thumb.jpeg.9b47dfb8756dde0843087900dbf4568e.jpegDDF147C0-1553-47AF-8495-E35F0C02BB05.thumb.jpeg.d55e34780675c67a8555922db3af845f.jpeg8C31184F-C218-4344-B506-6B1556BAAC59.jpeg.8d27f36a09dbc80e33c5773e93fb2153.jpeg

Sorry for asking what might be a stupid question for yourself but is this Madrid 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Them with the giant shopping trollies worth of goods must be there all ****ing night wiping them down😂

Why do you think they get through so much arsewipe?

:biggrin:

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The numbers in Scotland are still quite low, the UK figure is very focused on London.  If we get out sh@t together up here we could really end up better off than other parts of the UK.  It basically and literally in our own hands and we should be brutal on those who don’t do what they are supposed to.  

correct

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

In 2018, there were 541,589 deaths registered in England and Wales

Scotland was 58,539

NI was 15,992

Total of 616,120

That's 1688 per day

That's deaths from all causes; natural old age, illness, accidental, suicide, everything.

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

1,483 based on 2018 - England and Wales only 

650000 died last year in the UK. Nearly 2000 a day. Yes this is serious shit, but other stuff is too. Sometimes I feel that government and media should tell people nothing. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic