Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Vegans can eat dark chocolate, it doesn't contain milk is made with cocoa, I know this as use to be vegan as I was vegetarian and have  dairy allergy 

Well that just makes him more of a knob. Her son to be fair said his reaction was ridiculous

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No idea.

Sky News just repeated what I just said about some people are allergic to eggs and can't have the flu vaccine version grown in eggs, they get a different version. 

I hadn’t heard of the egg allergy but I believed you 👍🏽

1 minute ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

It has been through the usual trials just on a condensed timeline.   And adverse events can always occur later on.  That is what the MHRA yellow card scheme is about. 

What if its Beaton or Collum handing out the yellow cards though. Would you trust it to be correct? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

We did no bad but there was always some other smart Alecs !!! Must have been u and your mates 😂

Possibly, I was just the sports expert really. One of our crew won 4 rounds of countdown and is a bit infamous. 

2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

It has been through the usual trials just on a condensed timeline.   And adverse events can always occur later on.  That is what the MHRA yellow card scheme is about. 

On a serious note that is slightly more reassuring but tbh Iv not stayed clued up as cant be hooped with the propaganda and constant politicising of it over peoples lives. So Iv prob missed a lot , still not keen though

CavySlaveJambo
1 minute ago, sadj said:

What if its Beaton or Collum handing out the yellow cards though. Would you trust it to be correct? 

Nope. But the MHRA one can be filled out by anyone who has any adverse effect to a drug. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Go to his house & chuck selection boxes at it.

🤣 I would but she has a dog and i wouldnt put him at risk. Might stop him trying to hump Cleo though 🤔

From the horses mouth why Edinburgh was kept in tier 3

She said: “After Great Glasgow and Clyde, the part of the country with the highest number of daily cases at the moment is Lothian, and within that, Edinburgh, in recent days has seen a bit of an increase in cases.”

The First Minister added: “These are really tough decisions and they are decisions that we take very, very carefully and I hope we will see Edinburgh move down a level in the weeks to come, we will review it again next week but we have to be careful about this or in a few weeks time you will be asking me why we’ve done something that has sent Edinburgh’s case skyrocketing again “ 

You  just cannae win with her . She’s tone death . Didn’t Falkirk not have a similar rise but went down ? 

Just now, CavySlaveJambo said:

Nope. But the MHRA one can be filled out by anyone who has any adverse effect to a drug. 

I did reply with a serious response 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why ex vegan if you don’t mind me asking? It us surprising the options you have these days. 

Two things. One, I moved to France and couldn't resist all that cheese (a different cheese for every day of the year, as they say over there). Secondly, I started going out with a carnivore and we compromised by both being veggie.

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You too, why used to be if you don’t mind me asking?

Change of lifestyle for me, I use to up tjentosn most weeks so had easy access to shops like real foods etc, my oldest daughter is still a vegetarian and most likely always will be, i was never one of the preachy vegans tho

I will admit in the last year or some the choices you have even locally has made me think about going back, before I was a veggie I was always really fussy with meat hate fatty bits etc still the same now I'm back eating meat again

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Two things. One, I moved to France and couldn't resist all that cheese (a different cheese for every day of the year, as they say over there). Secondly, I started going out with a carnivore and we compromised by both being veggie.

Good choice no one should ever have to give up cheese 🧀 

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Change of lifestyle for me, I use to up tjentosn most weeks so had easy access to shops like real foods etc, my oldest daughter is still a vegetarian and most likely always will be, i was never one of the preachy vegans tho

I will admit in the last year or some the choices you have even locally has made me think about going back, before I was a veggie I was always really fussy with meat hate fatty bits etc still the same now I'm back eating meat again

And i do occasionally have dairy now i find if I have red wine it helps break up tje enzymes in the dairy and causes less discomfort in my head and stomach lol 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Possibly, I was just the sports expert really. One of our crew won 4 rounds of countdown and is a bit infamous. 

:D I loved Mark's wee smile at the camera when his word was accepted.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Cheers, Ive got some vegan cheese but not tried it yet. My wife returned to being a veggie before lockdown so I decided to give it a bash. It’s been remarkably easy, not had any real cravings as though I would. Definitely feel healthier although you can still eat  unhealthy foods if you want. 

19 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It looks like a very small percentage of vaccinated people will have an adverse reaction, not so much the actual vaccine, but more to the the tiny microchip that Bill Gates and George Soros insisted that it contained.

I hope this doesn't put people off taking it.

The microchip is obviously so small that it's invisible to the naked eye, that being the case, how does the nurse know that they've drawed one from the vial and that there is one in the syringe before they inject the patient with it.

I'm hoping one of our resident conspiracy nutjobs will have the answer to this question.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I loved Mark's wee smile at the camera when his word was accepted.

He said he would try to squeeze one in if he could 😆

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Cheers, Ive got some vegan cheese but not tried it yet. My wife returned to being a veggie before lockdown so I decided to give it a bash. It’s been remarkably easy, not had any real cravings as though I would. Definitely feel healthier although you can still eat  unhealthy foods if you want. 

Indeed. Cream buns are still veggie!

When I was vegan, vegan cheese was the one thing they hadn't quite mastered. Perhaps they're better at it nowadays.

Scottish numbers: 9 December 2020

Summary

• 897 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+205]
  • 39 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+6]
  • 50 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-7]
  • 972 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-11]
  • 22,269 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.6% of these were positive [+7.068; -0.9%]

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

When I was vegan, vegan cheese was the one thing they hadn't quite mastered. Perhaps they're better at it nowadays.

Not really - I am veggie and thought I'd try a vegan pizza for a change and ended up binning it after a couple of slices.

Cheese and dairy is one of the reasons I couldn't go full-vegan.

Just saying on Sky News that 6 in 1000 had a reaction to the Pfizer vaccine in the trials.

Pfizer also said that 5 in 1000 in the placebo group also had a reaction to the dummy vaccine.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I was having stomach problems a couple of years ago, they were testing all my fluids and solids and a nurse do you drink a lot of milk. I used to have a mug full and it was just too much. Use unsweetened oat milk now,tastes nicer on cereal and in coffee/tea. 
I think it’s becoming more and more common, everyone I tell seems to making some sort of effort. 
Not drinking much now but the red wine is a good idea. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just opened it, absolutely delicious. Like mild cheddar, smells same.  Will try to melt it or see if I can sneakily get my wife to eat it without realising 😆
I had a vegan birthday cake, we had the family all sitting outside in September at the Saughton Bistro, they all loved it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Significant number of Grampian cases today: 97.

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 16 [+3].

Lanarkshire 22 [+8], Greater Glasgow 19 [+3], Ayrshire 18 [-5], Fife 17 [+5], Forth Valley 17 [+3], Grampian 17 [+10], Lothian 17 [+2], Tayside 15 [+4], Borders 13 [+3].

All others: less than 10.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not really - I am veggie and thought I'd try a vegan pizza for a change and ended up binning it after a couple of slices.

The options will get better as time goes by and more people want it. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just opened it, absolutely delicious. Like mild cheddar, smells same.  Will try to melt it or see if I can sneakily get my wife to eat it without realising 😆
I had a vegan birthday cake, we had the family all sitting outside in September at the Saughton Bistro, they all loved it.

:thumb:

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The options will get better as time goes by and more people want it. 

Vegan cheese and bacon are never going to match the real thing, unfortunately, although Simon Howie's vegan black pudding is up there with some of the best imo.

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

He tries to hump your dog?

Dirty beast. I'd force feed him fruit & nut for that.

Haha , Cleo just nips him when he tries. Hes a wee spaniel but she just won’t put up with his “me too” shit

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Significant number of Grampian cases today: 97.

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 16 [+3].

Lanarkshire 22 [+8], Greater Glasgow 19 [+3], Ayrshire 18 [-5], Fife 17 [+5], Forth Valley 17 [+3], Grampian 17 [+10], Lothian 17 [+2], Tayside 15 [+4], Borders 13 [+3].

All others: less than 10.

I have no idea why we haven’t been put up a tier 44 cases in a care home at Banchory , cases rising (from a member of staff on the coronavirus ward at ARI) people being unable to behave in the city. Pubs are a joke. 

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which one is your mate ? You must know Bill who goes to the quiz ? 

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just saying on Sky News that 6 in 1000 had a reaction to the Pfizer vaccine in the trials.

Pfizer also said that 5 in 1000 in the placebo group also had a reaction to the dummy vaccine.

So basically pfizer saying its no different to a normal percentage of reactions. Surely that is info they should have put out at least to people administering the vaccine if they know there is a reaction to it by a particular group? 

29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Greg. Vegan sausage rolls are foul . 

The Edinburgh MSPs have sent a letter to Sturgeon challenging her decision.

Have to say it is rather cordial she will probably make it into a paper aeroplane and aim for the bin.

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

So basically pfizer saying its no different to a normal percentage of reactions. Surely that is info they should have put out at least to people administering the vaccine if they know there is a reaction to it by a particular group? 

I think they will have, as there is a questionaire that the recipient fills out prior to receiving the vaccine, and I'm pretty sure one of the questions will ask if you have any known reactions to vaccines.  When getting the flu jab I've always been asked if I've ever had any reaction to the flu jab.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Vegan cheese and bacon are never going to match the real thing, unfortunately, although Simon Howie's vegan black pudding is up there with some of the best imo.

The cheese I’ve got is great, I’ve not missed bacon which is the one thing I thought I would. I’ve not tried the fake stuff but it doesn’t look great. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Which one is your mate ? You must know Bill who goes to the quiz ? 

Mark in the video, the countdown . 
Unfortunately Bill passed away a few moths ago. We had a gathering outside the pub as his procession went past. 
His ashes are actually in the pub above the front door, he and his brother will be scattered in Hermitage park when we can all go to do it. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Have to say it is rather cordial she will probably make it into a paper aeroplane and aim for the bin.

Good, Ruth never answers my enquiries 🙈

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The cheese I’ve got is great, I’ve not missed bacon which is the one thing I thought I would. I’ve not tried the fake stuff but it doesn’t look great. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A bit dry, brown sauce cures all ills. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately Bill passed away a few moths ago. We had a gathering outside the pub as his procession went past. 
His ashes are actually in the pub above the front door, he and his brother will be scattered in Hermitage park when we can all go to do it. 

Seriously give it a rest. Take about mind numbing, Royals yesterday and ****ing vegans and countdown today. It’s the COVID thread. 

26 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Oh no not a “ letter “ wow !! That’ll scare her ! 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A bit dry, brown sauce cures all ills. 

I try not to put any sauce on food unless it’s a gravy 👍

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh no , i knew Bill

for years . I met him at a pub quiz at causeway side in the mid 1990s . It was at “ Minders “ pub . Then he would occasionally go to “ Conan Doyle “ quiz too . We would often go to “ Royal Oak “ after the quiz . Can I ask what he died from ? He seemed ok the last Time I seen him ( December last year ) 

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think they will have, as there is a questionaire that the recipient fills out prior to receiving the vaccine, and I'm pretty sure one of the questions will ask if you have any known reactions to vaccines.  When getting the flu jab I've always been asked if I've ever had any reaction to the flu jab.

👍🏻 Cheers , i got denied the flu jab last time as I hadn’t had a bad asthma attack in two years. Can’t remember filling in a form prior to that. Wonder why it was administered if they have reactions to things then if it was known about 🤪 seems insane

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Seriously give it a rest. Take about mind numbing, Royals yesterday and ****ing vegans and countdown today. It’s the COVID thread. 

When did you become a moderator of this thread ? Threads often go off topic and that can be a good thing at times 😡

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I don’t know Covid is pretty mindbnumbing , a wee bit of diversity is good. I mean sure pop at @Pasquale for King but in general it lightens the thread a bit from death , misunderstanding on vaccines and info given out , tier 2 , tier 3 , governments are twats. **** SNP , no **** the Tories , wait please mention and make us Labour people relevant and Positive cases on the increase or decrease depending on how you assess figures

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

When did you become a moderator of this thread ? Threads often go off topic and that can be a good thing at times 😡

Especially something so serious as this one has been and continues to be. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah true, this isn’t one of those times. 👍

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh no , i knew Bill

for years . I met him at a pub quiz at causeway side in the mid 1990s . It was at “ Minders “ pub . Then he would occasionally go to “ Conan Doyle “ quiz too . We would often go to “ Royal Oak “ after the quiz . Can I ask what he died from ? He seemed ok the last Time I seen him ( December last year ) 

He had terminal cancer, had a fall in his stair and then had a blood clot that  led to a heart attack. 
An extremely generous guy and he will be missed. He seemed to know everyone and was well liked by all. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It was Monday about the royals, report me 

. Please don’t ever tell me what to do. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I try not to put any sauce on food unless it’s a gravy 👍

Gravy is vegan too 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic