Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

Can’t believe I had to waste ten seconds typing that.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think a lot of people feel it was rushed through to suit the British Government. A small number of tests and no info on side-effects , understandable why a lot are refusing to get it. 

In terms of your long post , while its true you could drop the tier back again its also true that if you raise it and there are complications x, higher rates or deaths then the first people blamed will be the government. We saw the British Government essentially pass the buck to Local Authorities and that to me was just an excuse for them not to be blamed for any problems. 

Whole thing is just a mess and has been since the devolved governments took control of their own situations because the British Government made it about economics and politics as opposed to peoples lives.

spot on 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry that’s her FB handle, I was just up. She was a Tory but now an independent. She’s definitely worth getting in touch with, Ive only seen her once since lockdown but have met her for coffee a few times and been to meetings together. We both run Commonweal groups in Edinburgh. 

Common Weal as in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Weal? If so, great that you're both involved in that - I didn't even know it existed.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think a lot of people feel it was rushed through to suit the British Government. A small number of tests and no info on side-effects , understandable why a lot are refusing to get it.

I personally don't have have any qualms about having the Covid jab and believe the experts when they say that the approved vaccines have been adequately tested. However, as an asthmatic I may have to look into the allergic reaction situation more before deciding what to do, if it is indeed an issue. It is certainly not unknown for folk to have allergic reactions to vaccines, so Covid is no exception in that regard.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some will. Considerably more would if it was actually officially given the OK. 

As Brian said why not just keep the travel restrictions in place for tier 2? Pubs are open for food just now, just not drink with it. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Me neither. Folk pop ibuprofen & paracetamol like sweets, without a second thought.  I took a bad reaction to flucloxacillin after my hernia op. Hospitalised me for 24 hours. Not allergic to it, but shows how it can suddenly affect you.

Folk like my brother, are allergic to penicillin for example. Is penicillin unsafe & untested...no. 

The % rate will be infinitesimally small, UK-wide, never mind globally. Every vaccine carries the potential to have some kind of side effect, as do the drugs above.

I'm happy to put my trust in the science.

I think so to, and as hinted above, most people will kind of know if they were allergic to things like the flu jab.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you need to look in the mirror auld yin. 
I don’t think it I know it, you used the excuse that Edinburgh can’t move down because of neighbouring areas coming in when the Borders has. 
Assistant manager in the best run and most successful, well known pub in Gorgie that’s the only one open for business at the minute. But your snooty attitude about my main job tells everyone they need to know about you, and others who think they’re so much better than the over qualified folk who work in areas like hospitality in the world we live in today. 
As for my political contacts and those that I work for on a PT basis I’m sure they will be happy to help their local activists. I’m meeting someone later for a coffee that has a fair bit of sway. 

You've come back with 3 main points so I'll try to answer them as best I can.

1. I've never said that Edinburgh "can't' move down because of neighbouring areas coming in, I suggested that it might be a part of the reason the government chose not to move it. Not a reason that I agree with by the way. It's a subtle difference but one I'd have hoped you would have picked up on.

2. I don't have a snooty attitude to your job, main one or otherwise, in fact I couldn't give a shiny shite what you do for a living. Yes I had a dig but it is in retaliation for the 3 personal attacks you made on me yesterday. Quite happy to draw a line under this now.

3.Good luck in your meeting later, I would have thought though that any politician with a "fair bit of sway" would already be in the ear of the government without needing you to cajole them.

ps. What's with the age remarks? Is it something that you think irks me?

Every time you get a vaccine there is always an adrenaline injection available just in case you have a reaction. 

I take medication regularly and here is  just one of the warnings that come with the drug Losartan.

Serious side effects

It happens rarely, but some people have serious side effects after taking losartan.

Call a doctor straight away if you have:

yellow skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow - this can be a sign of liver problems

severe stomach pain - this can be a sign of an inflamed pancreas

pale skin, feeling tired, faint or dizzy, purple spots, any sign of bleeding, sore throat and fever - these can be signs of blood or bone marrow disorder

weakness, an irregular heartbeat, pins and needles and muscle cramps - these can be signs of changes in the sodium and potassium levels in your blood

Serious allergic reaction

In rare cases, losartan may cause a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Every time you get a vaccine there is always an adrenaline injection available just in case you have a reaction. 

I take medication regularly and here is  just one of the warnings that come with the drug Losartan.

Serious side effects

It happens rarely, but some people have serious side effects after taking losartan.

Call a doctor straight away if you have:

yellow skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow - this can be a sign of liver problems

severe stomach pain - this can be a sign of an inflamed pancreas

pale skin, feeling tired, faint or dizzy, purple spots, any sign of bleeding, sore throat and fever - these can be signs of blood or bone marrow disorder

weakness, an irregular heartbeat, pins and needles and muscle cramps - these can be signs of changes in the sodium and potassium levels in your blood

Serious allergic reaction

In rare cases, losartan may cause a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).

Wow, thanks for the info I’m hoping to get my first ever flu jab at the weekend in a walk in time slot. 
There was a guy on Sky yesterday asking about other ways of getting the Covid vaccine as he’s got a fear of needles. No other way just now. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why did they guarantee the 11 councils would come out of tier 4 no matter what? That the borders this week can go to tier 1 when nothing has changed since it was told it was to stay in tier 2 last week. All this has been discussed already and no good reason has been given. They’re scared others will come here, again that’s not our fault and we shouldn’t suffer because of others law breaking. 
Xmas is going to lead to a crackdown of some sort in January, it was inevitable whether they allowed gatherings or not. They’ve not even thought about the cluster**** of Hogmanay yet. Get a haircut and bog roll while you can. Add Brexit in and January is looking just wonderful. 
I don’t bet but I would put money on Edinburgh staying in tier 3 until January, tier 4 until Valentine’s Day and not into tier 2 until Easter when canvassing will be start and tier 1 by the time of the election.  Totally scunnered by today’s decision.

Does the pub you work in serve substantial meals ? 

If not Tier three or two will make no odds. 

Where I stay we are in Tier two and the basic 'drinking shops' have remained closed. 

It's a fine balancing act between keeping the virus figures down and allowing the economy to survive. 

I don't agree with all the measures but I can understand the reasoning behind them. 

I'm retired and have pre existing health conditions so naturally I'm in favour of a cautious approach. 

If I was under forty and healthy I might have a different view. 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

It will be Westminster's fault, of course and the SG will demand they pay for it despite having looser restrictions down south.

Could easily afford it if it (across whole of UK) wasn't for tens of billions being hidden offshore from the Treasury every year, with no real pressure from opposition parties, even when in power to change, or the premium with the procurement of products and services charged by the current WM govt during this pandemic for their associates and pals.

Edited by DETTY29

Pasquale for King
Just now, luckydug said:

Does the pub you work in serve substantial meals ? 

If not Tier three or two will make no odds. 

Where I stay we are in Tier two and the basic 'drinking shops' have remained closed. 

It's a fine balancing act between keeping the virus figures down and allowing the economy to survive. 

I don't agree with all the measures but I can understand the reasoning behind them. 

I'm retired and have pre existing health conditions so naturally I'm in favour of a cautious approach. 

If I was under forty and healthy I might have a different view. 

I said yesterday i still don’t know what a meal constitutes. A fancy restaurant can give you a tiny portion and charge anything, could we do this and charge 50o? Its 3 pints per meal, how many meals? Do you have to eat the meal?How long can you stay?We sell pies, toasties, nachos. It’s not really about my work as we won’t open fully until tier 1, but some will work out ways to circumvent the rules. 
I’m in the high risk category in one of the highest risk jobs, my only selfish reason is to get back some normality to my life. I’m working 1/2 days a week and actually being overly nice and chatty. I think it’s unnerving the clientele 😆😂

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Could easily afford it if it wasn't for tens of billions being hidden offshore from the Treasury every year, with no real pressure from opposition parties, even when in power to change, or the premium with the procurement of products and services charged by the current WM govt during this pandemic for their associates and pals.

Well said. 

Why is it acceptable that the pharmaceutical companies producing these vaccines have been given a future no liability towards any claims against their  vaccine? 

Pasquale for King

We have to be careful and cautious, Edinburgh’s numbers staying the same, urban areas dangerous. Can’t come down a tier? What about Glasgow then? Why’s it coming down. It just doesn’t add up. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Jason Leitch can attempts to get us to watch the NHS awards online and say nice things about him. 

:facepalm:

I just gave the dog a fright shouting at the tv, as much as the NHS workers deserve praise an award doesn’t pay the bills. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, the general said:

I see Adam McVey has mildly questioned the SG on why Edinburgh did not move tiers

Wow what a guy !!

Probably too busy leaning against a wall with his arms folded for a cool photo op. 

Latest coronavirus figures for Scotland

Scotland has recorded 39 deaths from coronavirus and 897 positive tests in the past 24 hours, Nicola Sturgeon said.

It brings the death toll under this measure – of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days – to 3,989.

The figures are lower than the 5,868 deaths given earlier by the National Records of Scotland as they do not include suspected and probable coronavirus infections.

Ms Sturgeon said 102,372 people have now tested positive in Scotland, up from 101,475 the previous day.

The daily test positivity rate is 4.6%, down from 5.5% on the previous day.

Of the new cases, 225 are in Greater Glasgow and Clyde, 150 in Lothian and 147 in Lanarkshire.

There are 972 people in hospital confirmed to have the virus, down 11 in 24 hours.

Of these patients, 50 are in intensive care, down by seven.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Jason Leitch can attempts to get us to watch the NHS awards online and say nice things about him. 

:facepalm:

People I know that had contacts who worked with him in the civil service certainly had different words to describe him.

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Normal practice for an emergency approval process of any drug, liability passes to the Government 

Seems like a cop out to me. Surely if they are confident of their vaccines safety they would never have needed this safety net. They talk about gaining the trust of the public regarding vaccines; this surely just plays right into the anti vax brigade hands. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why is it acceptable that the pharmaceutical companies producing these vaccines have been given a future no liability towards any claims against their  vaccine? 

As others have said, it's standard procedure in the cases of emergency drug use, nothing untoward or dodgy about it, and it's not the first time it's happened either.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to hear about your mother, I lost mines 19 years ago so I know how it feels. 
I’m not a member or I really would be kicking up a fuss, just an independence activist who knows a few folk. Hopefully they will listen and brings us down a tier but they’re nothing if not stubborn. 

The problem is that there is a general consensus amongst the public that Sturgeon rules with an iron fist and any dissent is not tolerated . Therefore any of her cabinet or colleagues challenging her may feel her wrath ? Is this true ? Similar to Thatcher but even she ended up getting a knife in the back from her cabinet ! 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I think so to, and as hinted above, most people will kind of know if they were allergic to things like the flu jab.

It's not so much the flu jab itself, it's eggs, which the flu vaccine is grown in, there is even a version egg free for people who are allergic to eggs.

53 minutes ago, redjambo said:

More info on the allergic reactions: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

It appears that both NHS workers who had the reaction to the vaccine had a history of allergic reactions to the extent that they both carried adrenalin pens around with them.

And I bet you that the anti-vaxxers and the doomsayers will conveniently ignore that crucial piece of info.

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said yesterday i still don’t know what a meal constitutes. A fancy restaurant can give you a tiny portion and charge anything, could we do this and charge 50o? Its 3 pints per meal, how many meals? Do you have to eat the meal?How long can you stay?We sell pies, toasties, nachos. It’s not really about my work as we won’t open fully until tier 1, but some will work out ways to circumvent the rules. 
I’m in the high risk category in one of the highest risk jobs, my only selfish reason is to get back some normality to my life. I’m working 1/2 days a week and actually being overly nice and chatty. I think it’s unnerving the clientele 😆😂

Your pies are delicious ! Had a few when I have went to your quiz night . Seems like a liftetime away 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The problem is that there is a general consensus amongst the public that Sturgeon rules with an iron fist and any dissent is not tolerated . Therefore any of her cabinet or colleagues challenging her may feel her wrath ? Is this true ? Similar to Thatcher but even she ended up getting a knife in the back from her cabinet ! 

From what I can gather Sturgeon and Murrel rule the roost and like to keep a tight reign on everything. The independence movement is heartily sick of her caution and reluctance to give up the or take a chance on losing the position they have just now. They are far too comfortable just now. Folk that shake the boat like my MP Joanna Cherry or Mhairi Black are frowned upon. I heard the other day that the Pervy Jambo Salmond told her Murrell shouldn’t be Chief Executive of the party as one household shouldn’t hold so much power, that’s where the fall out started. 

CavySlaveJambo
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The allergy alert seems to relate to those with a known history of serious allergic reactions.  

It is.   
Also only 2 out of all those vaccinated yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From what I can gather Sturgeon and Murrel rule the roost and like to keep a tight reign on everything. The independence movement is heartily sick of her caution and reluctance to give up the or take a chance on losing the position they have just now. They are far too comfortable just now. Folk that shake the boat like my MP Joanna Cherry or Mhairi Black are frowned upon. I heard the other day that the Pervy Jambo Salmond told her Murrell shouldn’t be Chief Executive of the party as one household shouldn’t hold so much power, that’s where the fall out started. 

Joanna Cherry is my local MP she is outstanding . Could easily run rings around Sturgeon . She’s the real deal . 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Your pies are delicious ! Had a few when I have went to your quiz night . Seems like a liftetime away 

They are indeed, Mcgills at Slateford or Currie make them, loved the quizzes as our team used to do quite well. Big fall out over Covid killed that group though 🙈

Pasquale for King
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Joanna Cherry is my local MP she is outstanding . Could easily run rings around Sturgeon . She’s the real deal . 

She is indeed, had her original party for becoming an MP in the Diggers, she bought everyone a pint and I had to go and help out to get mine. She gave me a quizzical look. I’ve met her a few times since. One time was the night we played Killie away in January 19 I think and I battled through the snow from St Michaels church up to the pub and I had missed both goals, we held on barely to win. Not much makes me miss games even on the TV. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's not so much the flu jab itself, it's eggs, which the flu vaccine is grown in, there is even a version egg free for people who are allergic to eggs.

Or vegans perhaps?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or vegans perhaps?

No idea.

Sky News just repeated what I just said about some people are allergic to eggs and can't have the flu vaccine version grown in eggs, they get a different version. 

39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seems like a cop out to me. Surely if they are confident of their vaccines safety they would never have needed this safety net. They talk about gaining the trust of the public regarding vaccines; this surely just plays right into the anti vax brigade hands. 

It does but likewise (Im in the “not keen on it rushed out without proper testing” camp- not sure if i want it even though im in a high risk category - if one thats forgotten (third of a lung doesnt work and asthma sufferer) why when instructed by the government to bypass their usual regulations should they shoulder the responsibility. I quite rightly think the government should be the ones with the liability. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or vegans perhaps?

🤣🤣🤣

My neighbours bf is Vegan and someone asked their family group chat their favourite chocolate out of milk and dark and he went nuts because he cant eat either (her son and daughter in law are also vegans but not twats about it) 

It looks like a very small percentage of vaccinated people will have an adverse reaction, not so much the actual vaccine, but more to the the tiny microchip that Bill Gates and George Soros insisted that it contained.

I hope this doesn't put people off taking it.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t believe this for a second 🤣

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

It looks like a very small percentage of vaccinated people will have an adverse reaction, not so much the actual vaccine, but more to the the tiny microchip that Bill Gates and George Soros insisted that it contained.

I hope this doesn't put people off taking it.

It’s the only reason I’m getting it tbh. Will feel much better with a couple of billionaires watching over me. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣🤣

My neighbours bf is Vegan and someone asked their family group chat their favourite chocolate out of milk and dark and he went nuts because he cant eat either (her son and daughter in law are also vegans but not twats about it) 

As an ex-vegan, I can guarantee that there are loads of chocolate bars available for vegans, you just need to know where to get them. My go-to in the day was Fry's Chocolate Cream which surprisingly was vegan, I don't know if it still is.

But yes, as a vegan, you have to accept you're in a minority and not be an idiot about other folk who aren't.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣🤣

I’ve been a veggie since March and might well go vegan. No doubt I will be an arse about it though 😆

Joanna Cherry > Nicola Sturgeon is a belter of a ploy if you're falling over yourself to have a > Nicola Sturgeon.  What next?  Kenny MacAskill > Nicola Sturgeon?  

CavySlaveJambo
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As an ex-vegan, I can guarantee that there are loads of chocolate bars available for vegans, you just need to know where to get them. My go-to in the day was Fry's Chocolate Cream which surprisingly was vegan, I don't know if it still is.

But yes, as a vegan, you have to accept you're in a minority and not be an idiot about other folk who aren't.

That is a nice Chocolate Bar. Not Gluten Free though :(.  

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I don’t believe this for a second 🤣

It’s like an out of body experience, I did lose 6 hours a few weeks back 😱

996D15A8-A50B-42F6-B1A6-67BC960A11D1.jpeg

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣🤣

Vegans can eat dark chocolate, it doesn't contain milk is made with cocoa, I know this as use to be vegan as I was vegetarian and have  dairy allergy 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

As a non vegan and unlikely to ever be a vegan I agree with cutting down on likes of red meat consumption and I quite enjoy some plant based food co-op do a good range. However I dont moan at people for eating red meat though. Its up to people to make their own choice. Pisses me off when you get someone saying “oh im triggered by you eating non plant based food” **** off mate 🤯 , one of the contestants on Taskmaster this year had a “im triggered” moment because a contestant had brought in a cheek of a animal (it was only a picture of it too) 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'll be fine. 

😒🤣 I’m sure i will but still its a genuine concern to not have full info and the speed its rushed out without proper adequate testing. The ones I worry about are the here its a fake virus to mean they can inject you and put a tracker in you brigade.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Why ex vegan if you don’t mind me asking? It us surprising the options you have these days. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Vegans can eat dark chocolate, it doesn't contain milk is made with cocoa, I know this as use to be vegan as I was vegetarian and have  dairy allergy 

You too, why used to be if you don’t mind me asking?

CavySlaveJambo
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

It does but likewise (Im in the “not keen on it rushed out without proper testing” camp- not sure if i want it even though im in a high risk category - if one thats forgotten (third of a lung doesnt work and asthma sufferer) why when instructed by the government to bypass their usual regulations should they shoulder the responsibility. I quite rightly think the government should be the ones with the liability. 

It has been through the usual trials just on a condensed timeline.   And adverse events can always occur later on.  That is what the MHRA yellow card scheme is about. 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They are indeed, Mcgills at Slateford or Currie make them, loved the quizzes as our team used to do quite well. Big fall out over Covid killed that group though 🙈

We did no bad but there was always some other smart Alecs !!! Must have been u and your mates 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic