Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I used to go out with a girl who had been pretty straight laced all the way through her life and then, upon reaching her mid-twenties, decided to become a bit of a slag and a drinker. 

Let me guess, she chucked you when she was 25?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Don't think I've ever been so surprised and angry in response to an action from the SG. Which is really saying something!

Totally agree. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Let me guess, she chucked you when she was 25?

Bet she was a weegie with a tiny mouth and a bit authoritarian too 😜

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Right then. We need volunteers. Perhaps Coconut D or JiH could nip round Bute House and offer her a wee knee-trembler? Or are they already in the inner-circle of the FM's eunuchs? 

She probably hates Salmond as she's about the only female he didn't try it on with when he was FM! :loved:

Volunteers ! form an orderly queue please........:) 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

This thread has taken a pretty dark masochistic turn. Pretty disgusting TBH. 

My comment about my colleague would equally have been said about a male colleague. Im far from misogynistic. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

People seem to be getting very upset at their life’s being disrupted for a perceived unfair reason. Much the reaction I’d expect tbh. 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

You've got a point, Bri. Apologies if previous posts have crossed a line for you.

It's the strength of feeling that continued - and now harder than ever to justify - decisions that have detrimental effects on our daily lives provoke.

But in the interests of decency and decorum, that's enough from me.

Under the circumstances, I think most of the posts since the announcement have been pretty tame.

I'm that hacked off tonight, I can barely concentrate on anything.

All I can picture in my mind is her smug face :vangry:

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Smug, patronising and so typical of your posting style. If anyone should change the record and educate themselves it you. 

I'm glad you've noticed. I always try to raise the standard of discourse a notch or two when i am lucky enough to engage with you.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Under the circumstances, I think most of the posts since the announcement have been pretty tame.

I'm that hacked off tonight, I can barely concentrate on anything.

All I can picture in my mind is her smug face :vangry:

Got a dartboard to let out some frustration?

Nucky Thompson
Just now, jonesy said:

Useful one for the old 'things to think about when you want an inappropriate erection to subside' memory bank, TBF. 🤮

(Sorry, Brian.)

😞

Good call, but it's hard enough getting a normal erection nowadays, never mind an inappropriate one :D

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Good call, but it's hard enough getting a normal erection nowadays, never mind an inappropriate one :D

“hard enough” 😀

It's a fine line between enforcing restrictions and pushing people to their breaking point where they say 'sod it, I've had enough'.

Boris achieved it the other week with his new tiers and people just though, nah, they're at it.

Today seems to have achieved similar in Scotland, well, Edinburgh at least.

Think the genie is starting to come out of the bottle, I don't believe our leaders have the nous or courage to put it back in.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Probably wouldn't have made any difference, because down here in the Borders our council has been campaigning to have us moved from tier 2 to tier 1, which is where we should have been in the first place, but the SG deemed that because the Scottish Borders had bounderies with Midlothian & South Lanarkshire who were both in tier 3 at the time the Borders would have to be moved to tier 2.

On Friday both Midlothian & South Lanarkshire will be in tier 3 and the Borders will be moved down to tier 1, which just proves that we should have been in tier 1 many weeks ago because there was no need for us to be in tier 2.

100%.  The reasons the SG give is basically they don’t trust folk not to cross regions so made/make it so there’s no reason to. It’ll be interesting to see the increased numbers on the borders railway from Friday that’s for sure now we are tier 1 and as you say Midlothian and Edinburgh are 3.

Poor show keeping Edinburgh in 3

Edited by 1971fozzy

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's a fine line between enforcing restrictions and pushing people to their breaking point where they say 'sod it, I've had enough'.

Boris achieved it the other week with his new tiers and people just though, nah, they're at it.

Today seems to have achieved similar in Scotland, well, Edinburgh at least.

Think the genie is starting to come out of the bottle, I don't believe our leaders have the nous or courage to put it back in.

Yes there is a lot of anger around about it.  I look forward to what changes or not are made next week.  Will the SG dare to keep us at Tier 2 ??? 

Howdy Doody Jambo

That Doris and Sturgeon make a fine couple, rip my knitting the pair of them and that Handcock is another aaahhhh

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

So is Glasgow just going to replace London, as the city that matters, if we get independence. Looks very weegiecentric all this. 

Glasgow has always been the city that "matters" to the media both print and telly...however one of the main drivers with that has been the BBC, controlled by London...a more regionalised media should be an aspiration in an independent Scotland.

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, Ma Roon said:

That Doris and Sturgeon make a fine couple, rip my knitting the pair of them and that Handcock and Jason Leitch I like the sound of my own voice are another double act aaahhhh

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

You don't live in Edinburgh do you Brian?

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Good point, Taff.

It's all very well gathering together 'ideas people' and modellers and the likes to micro-manage people's movements and behaviours, but these people tend to live in ivory towers in relation to the average punter who just fancies going to work unimpeded, seeing their pals for the football/a beer/taking their families out to typical social activities without having to jump through hurdles and generally get on in life unencumbered by increasingly complex and ever-changing sets of restrictions. 

They can't or won't take into account the very real, messy lives that many people live. Reminds me a bit of the protagonist in Boomeritis by Ken Wilber, who fantasises about folk downloading their consciousness into digital form. How the powers-that-be would love such a scenario (and perhaps, we're not all that far removed from it - he says, as he types his thoughts onto a digital platform).

Slightly off topic but the final part of your post reminded me of an episode of Black Mirror where you can re-watch your memories. That genuinely gave me the fear, I'd agonize over everything watching it over and over. Things like a light-hearted comment you suddenly worry someone took the wrong way...I'd have it on repeat. Pure torture 🤣

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

It's actually horrific and has shown a fair few folk up. 

As for the Mods, embarrassing. 

24 minutes ago, the general said:

Recommended pubs in Gala anyone?

Firstly  don’t buy a ticket for the train and just get on tweedbank train as conductors not checking tickets.  

When you get to Galashiels just cross over the road then go round to your right and walk around the pubs in that area. They aren’t up to much but better than no pub 

Weakened Offender
30 minutes ago, the general said:

Recommended pubs in Gala anyone?

Has the SG given any explanation as to why the pubs in Edinburgh aren't open yet guys? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Dumbarton. Close enough. Anyway, had an odd PM about ten years back from a member on here who got arsey because I moaned about her on some thread about pets, so will stop there...

Hahahahaha 😆

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Glasgow has always been the city that "matters" to the media both print and telly...however one of the main drivers with that has been the BBC, controlled by London...a more regionalised media should be an aspiration in an independent Scotland.

Absolutely 

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Probably wouldn't have made any difference, because down here in the Borders our council has been campaigning to have us moved from tier 2 to tier 1, which is where we should have been in the first place, but the SG deemed that because the Scottish Borders had bounderies with Midlothian & South Lanarkshire who were both in tier 3 at the time the Borders would have to be moved to tier 2

Using the published Criteria Midlothian was meeting the Tier 2 criteria on some days around when the decision was made.  In fact Midlothian is only really struggling with the test positivity rate but that is not helped when less than 100 people get tested some days. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Tsk, tsk. Questioning Moderator decisions is a weak move, WO, reminiscent of another weirdo poster on here who, as @Barack hinted at earlier, has been notable by his/her/its absence. Perhaps the cleaner in the Moscow data farm unplugged the supercomputer he was powered from in order to plug in her Dyson or something.

Also, WO, if you could just point us all in the direction of one of your posts on this thread that actually discusses the pandemic or even just something that isn't just having a go at another poster, that would be smashing, though, cheers.

I gave a couple of posters tips on beer gardens in the late summer weeks, Jonesy. There's two, right there. 😊

CavySlaveJambo
12 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Where I live is worse, despite following the rules I am miles away from level 2, but I still have the in laws coming for Christmas, thanks Nicola. 

That’s the hard part.  No matter what you do you are dependent on others.  It’s almost like you are being punished despite doing everything right. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

That’s the hard part.  No matter what you do you are dependent on others.  It’s almost like you are being punished despite doing everything right. 

As are the people of Edinburgh. I would dare to say it wouldn’t happen if the roles were reversed. 

Blackie the Cat
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Right then. We need volunteers. Perhaps Coconut D or JiH could nip round Bute House and offer her a wee knee-trembler? Or are they already in the inner-circle of the FM's eunuchs? 

She probably hates Salmond as she's about the only female he didn't try it on with when he was FM! :loved:

Are you being serious? 

Surely you know.....

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As are the people of Edinburgh. I would dare to say it wouldn’t happen if the roles were reversed. 

When Edinburgh was in T3 and Fife and the Borders were in T2, folk were (openly on this thread) travelling over there for a bevvy. The same would happen in Edinburgh x God knows what. Weegies have been hammering the Highlands, North of England and Moray for a bevvy recently. They would be all over Edinburgh, and you know it. 

Try to stop being a tragic drama queen. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t and I accept that people are annoyed and more, but not living in Edinburgh or being a resident is irrelevant to what was being posted. 

Where I live is worse, despite following the rules I am miles away from level 2. 

You think people having their livelihoods taken away from them and people's mental health suffering for no other good reason as to not upset the Weegie hordes is commensurate to a few nasty words said about someone who'll never read it on a football forum? 

I feel it for every part of Scotland suffering under this state sponsored, social vandalism, but Edinburgh, in particular, has absolutely no reason to remain in the tier it's in, other than to be shat on from a great height by someone who's shown complete disdain for Scotland's capital at every opportunity. In fact by all accounts, she was advised against it today, by the very same  people she claims to be taking advice from to lay down her restrictions.

Edinburgh, and it's citizens have every right to feel aggrieved. A few nasty words on a fans football forum is a drop in the ocean in comparison to the grief and economical damage that narcissistic beeatch is heaping on us.

Do you believe if the numbers were reversed, Glasgow would be subjected to the same treatment?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

When Edinburgh was in T3 and Fife and the Borders were in T2, folk were (openly on this thread) travelling over there for a bevvy. The same would happen in Edinburgh x God knows what. Weegies have been hammering the Highlands, North of England and Moray for a bevvy recently. They would be all over Edinburgh, and you know it. 

I ****ing know I’ve been saying it for ****ing months, still doesn’t mean we should be punished because these weegie ***** think they’re above the law. We’ve suffered these *******s on tv and in the football world all my life and now we’re stuck in the house because of them too. Enough is enough. 

Blackie the Cat
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Guessing that you aren’t loosing your job due to your place of employment closings down.....or am I just being a “drama queen” ?? 

2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

I misread masochistic for masonic .

Don't know why.😕

Weakened Offender
Just now, Blackie the Cat said:

Guessing that you aren’t loosing your job due to your place of employment closings down.....or am I just being a “drama queen” ?? 

I have a lot of sympathy for people in this position and my job is far from safe. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I ****ing know I’ve been saying it for ****ing months, still doesn’t mean we should be punished because these weegie ***** think they’re above the law. We’ve suffered these *******s on tv and in the football world all my life and now we’re stuck in the house because of them too. Enough is enough. 

Fire up to Aviemore and have it out with the ****ers then.. 

Weakened Offender
17 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I feel it for every part of Scotland suffering under this state sponsored, social vandalism, but Edinburgh, in particular, has absolutely no reason to remain in the tier it's in, other than to be shat on from a great height by someone who's shown complete disdain for Scotland's capital at every opportunity. In fact by all accounts, she was advised against it today, by the very same  people she claims to be taking advice from to lay down her restrictions.

Can you source any of that? 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I have a lot of sympathy for people in this position and my job is far from safe. 

Fire up to Aviemore and have it out with the ****ers then.. 

What the **** are you on about, who the **** is at Aviemore? If you mean weegies I think they know my feelings about them. 
I will be getting onto my MP and the rest of the folk I know in the SNP tomorrow to show my feelings on this. If nothing else they are populists and are likely to act upon a backlash from their own voters with an election coming up. 
Thanks for the sympathy, doesn’t pay the bills. Maybe organise a clap or a train visit. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

What the **** are you on about, who the **** is at Aviemore? 
I will be getting onto my MP and the rest of the folk I know in the SNP tomorrow to show my feelings on this. If nothing else they are populists and are likely to act upon a backlash from their own voters with an election coming up. 

That won't do any harm. 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

100%.  The reasons the SG give is basically they don’t trust folk not to cross regions so made/make it so there’s no reason to. It’ll be interesting to see the increased numbers on the borders railway from Friday that’s for sure now we are tier 1 and as you say Midlothian and Edinburgh are 3.

Poor show keeping Edinburgh in 3

If you can't trust folk not to cross borders, or stop them from doing so (for non-essential reasons), then it's no use having tiers in the first place.

Edited by redjambo

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Firstly  don’t buy a ticket for the train and just get on tweedbank train as conductors not checking tickets.  

When you get to Galashiels just cross over the road then go round to your right and walk around the pubs in that area. They aren’t up to much but better than no pub 

As someone who lives 3 miles along the road from gala, I am fully expecting wetherspoons in Gala to be ramned with folk from midlothian this Saturday! Might be a wasted journey tbf as I'd imagine spoons will fill up fast (locals will be keen to get out too!). The salmon and reivers (manky celtic pub across from spoons) are about the only other pubs in gala open just now. There's another one called the mill house but thats mainly for food. Might get the bridge re opening now we are moving to tier 1.  Chances of getting in the salmon are slim. They do decent grub and are using most of their space for that. Pretty much booked up until Xmas. They had put a 2hr limit on each table too but not sure if that still stands. I'll be staying in the hoose. Really not that desperate for a beer in a crowded boozer full of folk celebrating like they had just got out of jail after a 10 year stretch😂

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Tsk, tsk. Questioning Moderator decisions is a weak move, WO, reminiscent of another weirdo poster on here who, as @Barack hinted at earlier, has been notable by his/her/its absence. Perhaps the cleaner in the Moscow data farm unplugged the supercomputer he was powered from in order to plug in her Dyson or something.

Also, WO, if you could just point us all in the direction of one of your posts on this thread that actually discusses the pandemic or even just something that isn't just having a go at another poster, that would be smashing, though, cheers.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What the **** are you on about, who the **** is at Aviemore? If you mean weegies I think they know my feelings about them. 
Thanks for the sympathy, doesn’t pay the bills. Maybe organise a clap or a train visit. 

Is there not to be a review of the tiers next week  ?

My view is that the SG didn't really want to relax the rules for Xmas and are shitting it in fear of a steep rise of infections in January. With that in mind they are determined to keep the foot on the brakes to get  figures as low as possible.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is there not to be a review of the tiers next week  ?

My view is that the SG didn't really want to relax the rules for Xmas and are shitting it in fear of a steep rise of infections in January. With that in mind they are determined to keep the foot on the brakes to get  figures as low as possible.

Why did they guarantee the 11 councils would come out of tier 4 no matter what? That the borders this week can go to tier 1 when nothing has changed since it was told it was to stay in tier 2 last week. All this has been discussed already and no good reason has been given. They’re scared others will come here, again that’s not our fault and we shouldn’t suffer because of others law breaking. 
Xmas is going to lead to a crackdown of some sort in January, it was inevitable whether they allowed gatherings or not. They’ve not even thought about the cluster**** of Hogmanay yet. Get a haircut and bog roll while you can. Add Brexit in and January is looking just wonderful. 
I don’t bet but I would put money on Edinburgh staying in tier 3 until January, tier 4 until Valentine’s Day and not into tier 2 until Easter when canvassing will be start and tier 1 by the time of the election.  Totally scunnered by today’s decision.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Cairneyhill Jambo

**** me. This thread is an absolute cluster****. I've lost friends and work colleagues in the last few months because of this virus and folk on here are moaning because they are too wrapped up in their selfish little world. Maybe, just maybe, stop pointing the finger of blame and just accept these are shite times that will hopefully get better. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

weegies were down in gala a few weeks ago I saw it but got turned away at the salmon. They were asked for their postcodes and other info and were all over the place. Believe they then went to Melrose.

point is they will travel for pints . A cup final is on the horizon as well as we know

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

**** me. This thread is an absolute cluster****. I've lost friends and work colleagues in the last few months because of this virus and folk on here are moaning because they are too wrapped up in their selfish little world. Maybe, just maybe, stop pointing the finger of blame and just accept these are shite times that will hopefully get better. 

Puts it in perspective imo. 

Some people are rightly concerned about their employment and I get that. 

There is however some people who find moaning and complaining a habit and a bit of a hobby and nothing will pacify them. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic