Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Thought you had a weakened immune system?

Your choice to dice with becoming another statistic but seems strange to kick up fuss about the country's health care system trying to look after you.

I do but didn't think it was that weak.. Really. Probably just pride . Just felt a bit depressed getting it as thinking its mostly all over now. Sharp reminder I suppose. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And you stomped your feet, moaned, and swore you wouldn't be getting the other 3 too!

Aye.

267460450_10159560905979491_5658156591052399372_n.jpg

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I do but didn't think it was that weak.. Really. Probably just pride . Just felt a bit depressed getting it as thinking its mostly all over now. Sharp reminder I suppose. 

Ah don't worry about it, you've had to deal with a small prick before

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Ah don't worry about it, you've had to deal with a small prick before

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

Think most airlines have dropped it now where the departure and destination country no longer mandates them.

Apart from those goons at Ryanair. Checking you had a mask at the gate despite not need one before, or after the flight 😂

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Masks on a plane.

Sitting in a tin can with circulated air for however many hours. 

They can ram it.

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Think most airlines have dropped it now where the departure and destination country no longer mandates them.

Apart from those goons at Ryanair. Checking you had a mask at the gate despite not need one before, or after the flight 😂

Turkish shitebags!!

Screenshot_20220509-114306.thumb.png.e06b201684b7277fd2c5c28fa1b3e61f.png

SuperstarSteve

I had read that WHO are discussing a pandemic treaty.

Advising is one thing but seems they want to be allowed to sanction countries that don’t follow protocol in future pandemics. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Happy days! Fewer folk scared of catching something they've been triple vaccinated against which may make them feel like they have a cold.

Hopefully the airlines drop the mask nonsense soon, too.

Easyjet have on some routes but not on others.

Optional whether you wear a face mask on flights between England, Scotland, N. Ireland, Jersey, IOM, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Sweden, Gibraltar, Hungary, Switzerland, Poland & Iceland

Flying to Italy, Austria or Germany a FFP2 mask is required.

Flying to France a FFP2 or surgical mask is required.

Flying to any other destination a suitable face covering is required.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-travel-hub/safety-measures-wellbeing-and-mask-policy

Scroll down to 'Our Mask Policy'

This policy will change as and when more and more countries ditch/change their own mask rules.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Turkish shitebags!!

Screenshot_20220509-114306.thumb.png.e06b201684b7277fd2c5c28fa1b3e61f.png

Turkey will be removing the last mask rules in the next week or so. Not much use to you for Friday though. 

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Turkey will be removing the last mask rules in the next week or so. Not much use to you for Friday though. 

Away for 10 days so maybe in time for the return journey.

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

Masks on a plane.

Sitting in a tin can with circulated air for however many hours. 

Might help...

Aircraft will be disinfected daily, effective for over 24 hours.

Aircraft are fitted with state of the art air-filtration systems.

hmfc_steve
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Is that right for Turkey ? .. I'm off there end of month, so excellent !

All roads lead to Gorgie
49 minutes ago, OBE said:

Might help...

And then again you have Ryanair 😄

31 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Is that right for Turkey ? .. I'm off there end of month, so excellent !

They've said when cases go below 1000 a day they'll stop all mask rules. Currently just over that. Don't need masks anywhere in the resorts now apart from on buses, and even there they're not enforcing it. 

44 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

And then again you have Ryanair 😄

Believe it or not, that was cut & pasted from the Ryanair website...:thumbsup:

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Might help...

Indeed, the air is typically filtered through HEPA filters which filter out over 99% of microbes, notwithstanding that the air inside an aircraft is changed roughly every 3 minutes and that the air is often cleaner than most shops, restaurants, it's even cleaner most peoples living rooms.

All roads lead to Gorgie
27 minutes ago, OBE said:

Believe it or not, that was cut & pasted from the Ryanair website...:thumbsup:

The last time I flew Ryanair my feet stuck to the floor, someone on the incoming flight had spilled cola on the floor and it hadn't been cleaned. Yuck!

indianajones
24 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, the air is typically filtered through HEPA filters which filter out over 99% of microbes, notwithstanding that the air inside an aircraft is changed roughly every 3 minutes and that the air is often cleaner than most shops, restaurants, it's even cleaner most peoples living rooms.

Why the need for a mask then? 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Because even if your house is clean AF you could still pass your cold on to the hundred or so guests in close proximity I assume

Hadn't seen my neighbor for a couple of weeks, thought they had gone on a trip, turns out the had Covid so it is still around. As I have said before always carry a mask and if I see that they are although not required worn by quite a number I will voluntarily conform.

Jambo-Jimbo
42 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'm sure there will be reasons why, but if the filtration is as good as they say, then why indeed.

You could also ask why some countries mandated the wearing of masks outside, Spain & Italy to name but two, when all the science said that being outside, you had a miniscule chance of catching covid, but they still mandated for people wear masks outdoors.

5 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

There really needs to be a criminal investigation into the theft from the public purse.

What a money grab the pandemic turned out to be for some.

Instead we have partygate .

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm sure there will be reasons why, but if the filtration is as good as they say, then why indeed.

You could also ask why some countries mandated the wearing of masks outside, Spain & Italy to name but two, when all the science said that being outside, you had a miniscule chance of catching covid, but they still mandated for people wear masks outdoors.

The mask mandate outside was just ludicrous.   One wonders why indeed. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Makes people feel like they are doing something. Like a religious sort of devotion to 'the science'.

FSPuGBoXIAIyUps.jpg

8 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Easyjet have on some routes but not on others.

Optional whether you wear a face mask on flights between England, Scotland, N. Ireland, Jersey, IOM, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Sweden, Gibraltar, Hungary, Switzerland, Poland & Iceland

Flying to Italy, Austria or Germany a FFP2 mask is required.

Flying to France a FFP2 or surgical mask is required.

Flying to any other destination a suitable face covering is required.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-travel-hub/safety-measures-wellbeing-and-mask-policy

Scroll down to 'Our Mask Policy'

This policy will change as and when more and more countries ditch/change their own mask rules.

Flew to Italy last month from Edinburgh and a good number of people turned up at the gate without FFP2 masks. 
We were an hour late because people had to go to the shop and buy them !

What a palaver !

57 minutes ago, Boab said:

Flew to Italy last month from Edinburgh and a good number of people turned up at the gate without FFP2 masks. 

What a palaver !

We flew to Paris last month with easyJet and they were handing out free masks as you entered the plane to anyone who didn't have one.  Cost them less than the fine for missing their departure spot.

9 hours ago, Boab said:

What a palaver !

Surprised the airline stood for that. Normally it’s gate closed your not getting on and the flight is away. Can only assume due to numbers it would have been more hassle getting their bags off the plane. 

Edited by Dazo

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Surprised the airline stood for that. Normally it’s gate closed your not getting on and the flight is away. Can only assume due to numbers it would have been more hassle getting their bags off the plane. 

It must have been the numbers, D.

There was more than one, a few actually, who came back with a mask and didn’t have a PLF. 😕
That's when those of us who could read, started losing it ! 😂

Jambo-Jimbo
12 hours ago, Boab said:

What a palaver !

How does that not surprise me.

We are going to Spain next month and I'm going to France/Belgium the month after, I've bought a packet of FFP3's just in case the rules change at the last minute.   If i don't need them abroad, I'll use them when I'm sanding. so they won't go to waste.

2 hours ago, Boab said:

It must have been the numbers, D.

There was more than one, a few actually, who came back with a mask and didn’t have a PLF. 😕
That's when those of us who could read, started losing it ! 😂

Brutal. The checkin staff should have asked them before they took their bags, no mask no checkin. Who the **** doesn’t check the rules before getting on a flight these days ? 🙄

Edited by Dazo

12 hours ago, graygo said:

We flew to Paris last month with easyJet and they were handing out free masks as you entered the plane to anyone who didn't have one.  Cost them less than the fine for missing their departure spot.

Such a sensible solution (if you must insist on mask wearing).

The Ryanair flight I was referring to was turning folk away. Even if they had a box charged a fiver for them who's going to say no and have to rebook their flight. And yes, it's my own fault for flying with them 😂

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Brutal. The checkin staff should have asked them before they took their bags, no mask no checkin. Who the **** doesn’t check the rules before getting on a flight these days ? 🙄

Tbf of you're flying from a country which doesn't mandate masks, to a country which doesn't mandate masks why would you anticipate being asked to wear a mask on a plane.

Admittedly I don't know about the above scenario for Italy. I fortunately had one for my recent flight just by chance in my pocket, but in my scenario it would have been no different to the gate staff asking if you had a Fez with you...why on earth would you 😂😂

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Tbf of you're flying from a country which doesn't mandate masks, to a country which doesn't mandate masks why would you anticipate being asked to wear a mask on a plane.

Admittedly I don't know about the above scenario for Italy. I fortunately had one for my recent flight just by chance in my pocket, but in my scenario it would have been no different to the gate staff asking if you had a Fez with you...why on earth would you 😂😂

The bit in the middle of those countries where you are sitting on a plane is a fairly important part of your travel arrangements. Maybe it’s just me but I would always check the rules for the airline, train or whatever means of travel I was using. Maybe you don’t travel a lot that’s why you find it insignificant. 

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The bit in the middle of those countries where you are sitting on a plane is a fairly important part of your travel arrangements. Maybe it’s just me but I would always check the rules for the airline, train or whatever means of travel I was using. Maybe you don’t travel a lot that’s why you find it insignificant. 

It's probably precisely because I do travel a lot that I didn't check; it's unusual for an airline to ask you to wear a specific accessory for their flight...especially as an outlier when most other airlines don't.

I'd also probably mention it at check in, rather than at the gate just in terms of good process to make them operationally more efficient.

People know what not to take on a plane...a unique accessory request to be worn, not so much. 

As mentioned, even from a good business practice, have a box of them and sell them at the gate. 

Edit: having worked very closely to Ryanair in the past, crap airline = crap service...I know. Timings were good though.

Edited by Taffin

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's probably precisely because I do travel a lot that I didn't check; it's unusual for an airline to ask you to wear a specific accessory for their flight...especially as an outlier when most other airlines don't.

I'd also probably mention it at check in, rather than at the gate just in terms of good process to make them operationally more efficient.

People know what not to take on a plane...a unique accessory request, not so much. 

In the case of a FFP2 or higher grade mask having to be worn, it's not the airline's rule, that's the destination countries rules, in this case Italy, Austria & Germany.  I would guess that if you landed in any of those 3 countries and you were wearing a lower grade mask, then not only would that person be refused entry to that country but the airline would probably get into bother as well, because they have been told everyone on board has to wear XYZ to enter Italy, Austria or Germany.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

In the case of a FFP2 or higher grade mask having to be worn, it's not the airline's rule, that's the destination countries rules, in this case Italy, Austria & Germany.  I would guess that if you landed in any of those 3 countries and you were wearing a lower grade mask, then not only would that person be refused entry to that country but the airline would probably get into bother as well, because they have been told everyone on board has to wear XYZ to enter Italy, Austria or Germany.

I'm completely fine with it in those scenarios.

I was flying to Poland...where there are no mask mandates. From England, where there are no mask mandates.

It's a Ryanair rule in that scenario and if I'd been flying with easyJet for example, the mask wearing on the flight would have been optional. Indeed, I flew return via another airline and didn't need to wear a mask.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip. Italian rules.
I got notifications about mask req. days before flight. 
Some who didn't have the proper stuff were Italians !
🤷‍♂️

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm completely fine with it in those scenarios.

I was flying to Poland...where there are no mask mandates. From England, where there are no mask mandates.

It's a Ryanair rule in that scenario and if I'd been flying with easyJet for example, the mask wearing on the flight would have been optional. Indeed, I flew return via another airline and didn't need to wear a mask.

That explains everything.

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

No face mask required on all EU flights and airports from Monday. 👍

Excellent news.

Now we just need the same at our airports.

21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Excellent news.

Now we just need the same at our airports.

It is the same at our airports 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

We do. 

46 minutes ago, graygo said:

It is the same at our airports 

Even better then, I thought they still wanted people to wear masks at Edinburgh airport, must have picked it up wrong.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Even better then, I thought they still wanted people to wear masks at Edinburgh airport, must have picked it up wrong.

It's not a legal requirement but they still want you to wear one.

Screenshot_20220511-164658.png

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I flew from Edinburgh on Friday, barely a mask in sight. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I flew from Edinburgh on Friday, barely a mask in sight. 

Good to know that, despite the airport still wanting people to still wear them.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )