• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Im trying , I’m really trying to not be cynical about all this ! 😂😎😂😎😂😎

D682D20B-355B-4464-94E7-96C091C08789.jpeg.1ab7cc4b431de7a346acc31133d353a0.jpeg

Nothing wrong with being slightly cynical, I find myself being the same, I just try not to dive in with both feet without evidence, which I’m sure most of us have been guilty of somepoint. 

We have all had to live through this the last two year and regardless of our opinions on how to deal with it, wether right or wrong, cynical or not, we are all aiming for the same thing… an end to this and some normality. 

I’ve appreciated your input on this thread tbh, You seem open minded and like most on here  wether right or wrong, cynical or not, you’ll post how you feel. 
Also as a fan of the show I’ve enjoyed your sopranos memes 😂

Granted it is a meme so I’m aware your not all

that serious but “put me in the corner”

Don’t be so harsh on yourself. We all believe what we believe, it is what it is. 

7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Nothing wrong with being slightly cynical, I find myself being the same, I just try not to dive in with both feet without evidence, which I’m sure most of us have been guilty of somepoint. 

We have all had to live through this the last two year and regardless of our opinions on how to deal with it, wether right or wrong, cynical or not, we are all aiming for the same thing… an end to this and some normality. 

I’ve appreciated your input on this thread tbh, You seem open minded and like most on here  wether right or wrong, cynical or not, you’ll post how you feel. 

Don’t be so harsh on yourself. We all believe what we believe, it is what it is. 

Thanks for those kind words . It’s appreciated . 👍 nice to hear you are a fan of “ The Sopranos “ too . I tend to post Livia ones as she was , well cynical 😂 but to a very dysfunctional degree ! I just felt depressed when I read about a “ new variant “ , thinking oh ffs not again . I’m sure we all are feeling like that . ( your so right  I can be harsh on myself 👍

13 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Nice post, fully endorse your sentiments.

Well done! 

More dismissal by default then.  No evidence of this... it wont do that... it's not even here...

Not. Learning. Any. Lessons.

It's a case a waiting.

Seymour M Hersh

I think it's terrible they are naming and shaming poor old Botswana! Whatever ever happened to the Greek alphabet to prevent the stigmatising of nations.  

Nucky Thompson

Going by the MSN headlines, I take it that we're meant to be shiting ourselves?

I don't give a feck and will just be going around as normal

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Totally agree.

On of my mates when he reads this will be a nervous wreck.

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Pretty sure virtually everybody will be going around as normal.  It's not a contest to display who's giving the fewest shits like.  

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's certainly the right time of year to "discover" a new variant.

No evidence it will evade the vaccines, a handful of cases in South Africa and no evidence it will even be a dominant strain.

Yet people are talking about restrictions already.

People are fed up with Covid now and hearing about cases, variants etc. Time to just get out, live our lives and, for those who choose to, take our chances. It certainly wouldn't be possible imo to again impose restrictions, regardless of the "threat" from new variants.

Just need to wait and see and keep fingers crossed re the 32 mutations. Far too early to know anything for sure as Vic says.

In terms of restrictions, nobody wants them unless they are essential to saving lives. Saying they wouldn’t be possible isn’t true though.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Totally agree.

On of my mates when he reads this will be a nervous wreck.

Sadly the MSM give no regard to the impact their front pages have on people’s mental health. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Sadly the MSM give no regard to the impact their front pages have on people’s mental health. 

They don’t and sadly they’ve never changed their scaremongering.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Pretty sure virtually everybody will be going around as normal.  It's not a contest to display who's giving the fewest shits like.  

I had a mate text me last night panicking and my Mrs was flapping last night when she watched the news.

The headlines are meant to scare people and it's wrong

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Quelle surprise !  I never saw that coming at all ! Still practically impossible to forcefully vaccinate people as well . Besides even if vaccinated you can still transit it and Croak it . 

Thought some countries had already made vaccinations mandatory ? 

What would have happened if we hadn't had any vaccines iyo ? 

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I understand the frustration. In the majority we’ve all sacrificed quite a lot in the last 18 months. The mixed messages are wearing thin though. Do your bit, work from home, wear a mask etc but in the meantime let’s have a ginormous get together like Cop26 in Glasgow. At least they are banning some flights from that region. 

The Mighty Thor
10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Variants, shmariants. As if Delta was ever going to make it from India to the UK. 

To be fair, they've stopped flights from SA today and not two months later like India.

The South Africans mustn't have a trade deal to offer. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I had a mate text me last night panicking and my Mrs was flapping last night when she watched the news.

I would never want the media censored but with shite they come out with sometimes they should be.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I disagree.  It's real news and is simply being reported for what it is.  Everyone should already realise that important or serious looking news is often portrayed quite 'scarily' in the headlines and opening paragraphs.  It's nothing new and it wont change.  Maybe it should but it wont.

Some people will already be scared and you would hope that they have people to explain that the real story is beyond the headlines.

They are saying on the news that the current vaccines are not as effective against the new SA variant. 

Boosters on top of boosters required ? 🤔 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

They are saying on the news that the current vaccines are not as effective against the new SA variant. 

….the wheels on the bus go round and round.

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The vaccine and boosters don't work in some folk anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Totally agree.

They hardly know anything about it yet ffs. People are more malleable though in a state of fear. 

I buckled last year and didn't travel to see my parents at Christmas...largely due to my mum's flapping about getting stopped at the border etc. If any restrictions do come in this year I'll be paying the fines and seeing them anyway.

The MSM is all bought and paid for and has all been part of the overall deception proliferated by most of the government's and endorsed by our own football club though it flies in the face of the true spirit of Hearts!

The real news, the dissecting of the " story" we have all been fed is challenging. To understand what's really going on you have to look underneath these. The guys at UK Colum do a great job at just that. 

When you start to understand the level of deception that is and continues to be demonstrated then it becomes easy to disassociate from what some would have us believe. 

It's a challenge for sure and for some like " Thor" it maybe beyond his cognitive processes. But 1 pm today there's only one place to be. Oh aye Thor just in case you were travelling down to watch it live, it's Plymouth not Portsmouth. But you being 150 miles of course isn't anything new. 

Compass for Thor! 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

The MSM is all bought and paid for and has all been part of the overall deception proliferated by most of the government's and endorsed by our own football club though it flies in the face of the true spirit of Hearts!

The real news, the dissecting of the " story" we have all been fed is challenging. To understand what's really going on you have to look underneath these. The guys at UK Colum do a great job at just that. 

When you start to understand the level of deception that is and continues to be demonstrated then it becomes easy to disassociate from what some would have us believe. 

It's a challenge for sure and for some like " Thor" it maybe beyond his cognitive processes. But 1 pm today there's only one place to be. Oh aye Thor just in case you were travelling down to watch it live, it's Plymouth not Portsmouth. But you being 150 miles of course isn't anything new. 

Compass for Thor! 

The only thing bought and paid for is your subscription to Brian Gerrish to fill your cavernous cranium with conspiracy nonsense. 

One of you is getting something out the deal. 

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Another lockdown on the way. 

😂 To be fair the thread could do with a reboot, that would certainly do it. 

Edited by Dazo

Malinga the Swinga

Could be this, could be that, scientists worried.

1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Compass for Thor! 

Hearts part of global conspiracy! Hope we got something out of it. 

UK Colum. A channel for conspiracy theorists to spout off complete bullshit, backed by zero evidence.

You would be better believing in voodoo than Colum UK.

Jeffros Furios
9 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Compass for Thor! 

:cornette:

:cornette:

:muggy:

9 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Compass for Thor! 

I don’t think most would argue against the MSM as you call it bullshits at times. I do find it strange that you don’t trust other news outlets but you will with UK Column. 

What is the overall deception? 

17 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

The MSM is all bought and paid for and has all been part of the overall deception proliferated by most of the government's

Should have stopped there as you're spot on up 'til there.

Nucky Thompson
47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They didn't say that at all. They said might or maybe, but they don't know and they won't know for a few weeks yet

39 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Compass for Thor! 

Total 100% batshit mental. Hopefully you are paying loads of money to support your conspiracy sites and maybe you'll soon not to be able to afford WiFi and give us all peace 

The Mighty Thor
34 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What is the overall deception? 

You hand over your hard earned pie and mash to a boy in his back bedroom in Plymouth. 

54 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Compass for Thor! 

Think I’ve said this before on here but if I had a magic wand one of the things I’d create would be a completely neutral and independent media service whose sole purpose was to provide factual, balanced information and balanced analysis of that information. They would also have a strong, highly promoted role of fact-checking claims made by politicians so that we got to a point where no elected members would stand up and deliberately mislead as they know it would be immediately and robustly debunked. 

I guess all of the above are what the BBC should be but…

Dennis Reynolds
29 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They didn't say that at all. They said might or maybe, but they don't know and they won't know for a few weeks yet

This. 

Folk, the media mostly, like to get in a tizzy before any actual research is done. On that point, the very early research indicates it won't fully escape vaccine or infection elicited antibodies. Death and destruction sells though.

I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but my wife works in the NHS and says it's an open secret that Covid, the vaccines and variants are all a scam.

No one can speak out though as it's covered by the Hippocritic oath.

Critical thinkers in the scientific field aren't covered by this but they've all been paid off with financial inducements and book deals to toe government lines.

If you Google it or look on Facebook, you'll find all this information readily available.

Google and Facebook haven't been coerced by the government thankfully, as they are independent organisations who only care about the truth.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but my wife works in the NHS and says it's an open secret that Covid, the vaccines and variants are all a scam.

Critical thinkers in the scientific field aren't covered by this but they've all been paid off with financial inducements and book deals to toe government lines.

If you Google it or look on Facebook, you'll find all this information readily available.

Google and Facebook haven't been coerced by the government thankfully, as they are independent organisations who only care about the truth.

:rofl:

36 minutes ago, LMc said:

This. 

Folk, the media mostly, like to get in a tizzy before any actual research is done. On that point, the very early research indicates it won't fully escape vaccine or infection elicited antibodies. Death and destruction sells though.

That seems to be the most likely finding.  A reduction in the overall protection gained from vaccines.  There was some chat about a possible reduction in the ability of T cells to directly eliminate infected cells,  etc.  Plus the stuff about antibodies possibly finding it harder to recognise the virus spike protein.

There are lab assays that can be done to research these things and then real world research into what's actually happening to the epidemiology and pathology as more and more cases are sequenced and identified.  Comparisons need done between unvaccinated cases and those vaccinated with the various types.

11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

confused-icegif.gif

Better call Saul
18 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Then every government in the world must be in on it .

21 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I'd just like to thank you for correctly saying toe the line correctly

Holy sh1t, I didn't think folk would think I was serious :rofl:

Facebook a bastion of truth telling was the clincher I thought.

Guess shows how batsh1t the real scamdemic anti vaxxers are.

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Holy sh1t, I didn't think folk would think I was serious :rofl:

Facebook a bastion of truth telling was the clincher I thought.

Guess shows how batsh1t the real scamdemic anti vaxxers are.

I thought it was a solid 9/10 (extra point because you toed the line)

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic