Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The three of you need to get in a room, bare chested and sort this out like men.

(Massage oil optional)

A pile on?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Can we just get straight to the point - what have UK Column told you to think this week? 

😂

Remember he hands over cash money to Captain Pugwash operating his cutting edge news organisation from his back bedroom in Portsmouth

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Victorian said:

If that's 1 of the other 2,  I'm out.  It's not Kintner unless he's aged 20 years.  Maybe it's me.

:lol:

I can say no more...think I'm skating on thin ice...

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I agree too but its voluntary and should remain so. She made a choice which may have contributed to her death. No one will ever know for certain.

You would hope it will always remain so particularly for the extremely low risk young people.

According to the National Records of Scotland that's now the same amount of deaths registered where covid was mentioned on the death certificate in the under 45's bracket since the 5th of July this year as there was in the whole of the under 45's bracket last year.

5 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

You would hope it will always remain so particularly for the extremely low risk young people.

According to the National Records of Scotland that's now the same amount of deaths registered where covid was mentioned on the death certificate in the under 45's bracket since the 5th of July this year as there was in the whole of the under 45's bracket last year.

Out of interest what is the the number of that amount?

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Out of interest what is the the number of that amount?

137 in total since the beginning of Covid. 45 were last year. Now 45 since 5th July.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Kate Bingham was talking about this on the radio this morning. Top notch lab based in the UK, sort of business we should have been working with.

That was one of the good things about Astra Zeneca, but instead of using the time they had to find big enough premises or build them in the U.K. they had to get millions of vaccines made in India. 

7 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

137 in total since the beginning of Covid. 45 were last year. Now 45 since 5th July.

Cheers, really small numbers so I guess it's susceptible to spikes.

That said, 45 doesn't seem madly out of kilter with 47 year to 5th July.

54 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The three of you need to get in a room, bare chested and sort this out like men.

(Massage oil optional)

er no thanks....i hate anything to do with oil........... :) its far too messy........

giphy (6).gif

27 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Interesting stats.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh he loves a pile on that AK so he does.  Vicious. Cant wait to get his oar in. Glad i hardly see any of the trash he writes. 

image-23-10-21-07-07-7.jpeg

😂😂😂

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Interesting stats.

Not really.

Lockdowns and other restrictions limited the level of contacts for most people until this summer.  So the 92 deaths that occurred before the quoted 5 July 2021 date happened during periods of restrictions.

Vaccinactions for the under 50s also only started in earnest around mid April (IIRC) and certainly didn't reach the teens and 20s (first dose), until later than that, so I would be careful in trying to extrapolate raw stats related to the deaths of vaccinated/unvaccinated individuals for anyone in the 0-45 age group for a while yet.

This is quite inportant info for anyone taking immunosuppressants . I do .

It’s basically saying you should stop taking the meds for a few weeks after the booster shot as it will increase the anti body response . It was noted that those on those meds may only have 62% positive anti body response rate to the first two jabs . Not good 😌 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59252739

Edited by JamesM48

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Get my booster on December the 7th, Flu jab as well this time. 

Due to get my booster on Sunday but was thinking of giving the flu jab a miss as I know a few folk who have been floored for a few days when getting double jabbed whereas nothing of note for the ones who only took the booster. 

Would be interested to hear of any feedback for those who took both covid and flu jabs on the same day?

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Due to get my booster on Sunday but was thinking of giving the flu jab a miss as I know a few folk who have been floored for a few days when getting double jabbed whereas nothing of note for the ones who only took the booster. 

Would be interested to hear of any feedback for those who took both covid and flu jabs on the same day?

I got both the same day in the same arm and was floored for 2 or 3 days. The mrs was the same and she was absolutely fine other than a sore arm for a day. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Got both mine on Monday lunchtime. Both jabs in same arm, about 30 seconds apart. Arm a wee bit sore till next morning, but not sore enough to stop me carrying on work or sleeping at night.

Right as rain next day. Got Moderna booster after AZ vaccine originally, so nice mixture.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I was thinking about getting the flu jab at a later date when I went for my booster yesterday.

I ended up getting both, one in each arm. The booster arm was slightly sore until this morning but is fine now. it lasted about 24 hours.

I got no pain in my flu jab arm and I've been feeling fine throughout 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Got both mine on Monday lunchtime. Both jabs in same arm, about 30 seconds apart. Arm a wee bit sore till next morning, but not sore enough to stop me carrying on work or sleeping at night.

Right as rain next day. Got Moderna booster after AZ vaccine originally, so nice mixture.

I was going to get both in the same arm, but I wanted to know what one, if any, was going to give me gyp 

19 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I had Moderna + flu at the same time. Sore arms for a few days, otherwise totally fine. Both my parents were the same.

Edited by Ray Gin

Just popped into by local chemist . You can actually just get the flu jab there . Very surprised when I asked more about it as he asked my name date of birth and said , come back in 5 minutes and we can do it . Told him I’ll need to take a rain check as I have a birthday party the morrow night so don’t want to feel like shit , if I take reaction . He said just pop in next week anytime ! Very impressed . 

Dennis Denuto
57 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Thanks for the feedback Dazo, Malinga and Nucky might take the gamble and get both done at the same time. 

Both on same day, one in each arm, Pfizer arm was a wee bit sore, nothing else.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Charlie wykes the latest to collapse in training. As far as am aware he’s in hospital at the moment. 

What's the connection that are you trying to make about players collapsing?

Nucky Thompson

For the nutters trying to make a connection between footballers collapsing and the vaccine, a man collapses on the football pitch every 4 days, it's been happening for years.

Here's a link to a discussion 9 years ago.

Why are so many football players dying or collapsing from heart attacks...? - The Student Room

SuperstarSteve
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What's the connection that are you trying to make about players collapsing?

None. I’d seen posters post articles on fleck and others so I posted another. If it wasn’t on here those they were posted then my apologies for that, wrong thread. 

4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Always liked Ryan, as a player, the sort you'd want in the trenches with you when things got tough, calls a spade , a spade.

Wasn't blessed with the greatest ability but made up for it in attitude. Could have done with his spirit at Fir Park.

A good honest pro! 

We are living in strange times indeed, can't ever recall a Sun story being this close to the truth before. Afterall heart attacks and footballers , yeah happens everyday.

Nucky Thompson
22 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Always liked Ryan, as a player, the sort you'd want in the trenches with you when things got tough, calls a spade , a spade.

Wasn't blessed with the greatest ability but made up for it in attitude. Could have done with his spirit at Fir Park.

A good honest pro! 

We are living in strange times indeed, can't ever recall a Sun story being this close to the truth before. Afterall heart attacks and footballers , yeah happens everyday.

FFS :rofl:

2 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Got both together, one in each arm, did feel a bit off for 24 hrs but nothing too bad, flu arm was a lot more sore than booster arm (AZ then Pfizer).

I do often feel a bit off after my flu jab, so that's what I'm putting mine down to, meaning I'd have been feeling rough whenever I got my flu jab.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Got both together, one in each arm, did feel a bit off for 24 hrs but nothing too bad, flu arm was a lot more sore than booster arm (AZ then Pfizer).

I do often feel a bit off after my flu jab, so that's what I'm putting mine down to, meaning I'd have been feeling rough whenever I got my flu jab.

thats all the beer you drink

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

For the nutters trying to make a connection between footballers collapsing and the vaccine, a man collapses on the football pitch every 4 days, it's been happening for years.

Here's a link to a discussion 9 years ago.

Why are so many football players dying or collapsing from heart attacks...? - The Student Room

Bill Gates has a time machine 👍

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I had the Pfizer booster and flu jab together on Tuesday. Pfizer in left and flu in right arm. Was given a choice including same arm. 

Left arm was a wee bit sore yesterday but hardly any pain at all now.

No other side effects whatsoever nor did I have any with my original covid vaccines which were AZ.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jonno, think I’ll go with one in each arm too

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic