Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

5A266FB1-4CF5-4E5C-B22F-0B0B8A26AD06.gif

Ok, but how am I harming myself and possibly my family if I wear a mask down the street?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Should we be very concerned about 0.005% being affected, and of those 0.005%, 95% only being mild cases?

I'd say no. 

Also consider the ancestry of the population of Israel. It is one that actually increases the risk for something genetic being triggered.  

In other news This seems to back up the findings from the Covid Symptom Study as to who is actually getting Covid right now 

Enzo Chiefo

I would hope that, today, with what has happened at the Euros that Covid can be given a contextualised downgrade to the minimal threat level that it presents,  to a minority of the population.  Thousands of youngsters with sniffles do not represent "cases"

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Also consider the ancestry of the population of Israel. It is one that actually increases the risk for something genetic being triggered.  

:cornette_dog:

18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I would hope that, today, with what has happened at the Euros that Covid can be given a contextualised downgrade to the minimal threat level that it presents,  to a minority of the population.  Thousands of youngsters with sniffles do not represent "cases"

How is what happened today related in any way? 

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Covid friend

friend1.jpg

Maybe you can explain the jump from me walking down the street wearing a mask to I'm harming myself and possibly my family, seeing as you're agreeing with the post

giphy.gif

I'm convinced once this is over, the mask decriers will start on air bags and seat belts before eventually becoming full-on coal-rollers. When Gammon TV has been on air for a couple of weeks, at least we'll be able to trace the origin of the critical thinking right back to the source. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Context Raymondo, context. There's a big wide world out there, Covid-free.👍

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Maybe that a super fit guy could have died without contracting Covid???

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Context Raymondo, context. There's a big wide world out there, Covid-free.👍

:what:

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

giphy.gif

I'm convinced once this is over, the mask decriers will start on air bags and seat belts before eventually becoming full-on coal-rollers. When Gammon TV has been on air for a couple of weeks, at least we'll be able to trace the origin of the critical thinking right back to the source. 

While the left wing dafties that have poisoned university and academic life for decades will still not accept that there ARE bad people, everyone is NOT equal and you CAN offend others without closing down debate. As for communism, well, anyone who thinks that, despite the decades of real life evidence, it's credible, really is a lost cause.

Fox UK TV will bring a balance to the mms and I, personally,  can't wait.

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do try so hard to be noticed on this forum, particularly on this thread, so here you go. You've been noticed. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe that a super fit guy could have died without contracting Covid???

Exactly NT. Covid is the least of most folks worries

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

You do try so hard to be noticed on this forum, particularly on this thread, so here you go. You've been noticed. 

Would rather avoid folk like you ..

A man dies playing football and has to be revived, therefore Covid-19 concerns are invalidated. That's where you're now going with this?

Bizarre path to go down, but you crack on.

Edited by Ray Gin

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

A man dies playing football and has to be revived, therefore Covid-19 concerns are invalidated. That's where you're now going with this?

For "invalidated" replace with "put into perspective " and you will have nailed it👍

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Context. Young fit people die every day, but still the obsession is with old and fat people dying with a virus.

Now most of them aren't dying anymore because of vaccines 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Context. Young fit people die every day, but still the obsession is with old and fat people dying with a virus.

Now most of them aren't dying anymore because of vaccines 

Isn't the obsession more with trying to suppress the virus so it doesn't mutate into something that really will cause problems?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

I suppose it's better than "mental health is the REAL pandemic".

Mental health must be an issue now. I don't have any mental heath issues, but I found myself struggling really badly in the Winter just passed

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Isn't the obsession more with trying to suppress the virus so it doesn't mutate into something that really will cause problems?

Even though it appears to be mutating into something that will cause less problems? 

Why haven't the revised symptoms -runny nose, headache etc not been publicised and flogged to death? Is it because they are more akin to the common cold?

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Mental health must be an issue now. I don't have any mental heath issues, but I found myself struggling really badly in the Winter just passed

I genuinely wonder if there was this much resistance, mis-information and downright pig headedness when they started vaccinating people against Polio.

Unknown user
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even though it appears to be mutating into something that will cause less problems? 

Why haven't the revised symptoms -runny nose, headache etc not been publicised and flogged to death? Is it because they are more akin to the common cold?

It doesn't evolve into one thing, there's thousands of variants been identified already, with only the more significant ones making the news.

Millions and millions of generations with slight mutations all the way make it increasingly likely that at some point there'll be a virus that vaccinations don't protect against and/or is much more deadly.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

giphy.gif

CC507827-7E3D-41E8-BCDE-763AA41F5296.gif

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It doesn't evolve into one thing, there's thousands of variants been identified already, with only the more significant ones making the news.

Millions and millions of generations with slight mutations all the way make it increasingly likely that at some point there'll be a virus that vaccinations don't protect against and/or is much more deadly.

Virus in mutation shocker. You do realise that flu mutates regularly too. Don't believe the media generated fear, just a word of advice👍

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Virus in mutation shocker. You do realise that flu mutates regularly too. Don't believe the media generated fear, just a word of advice👍

Didn't you ask if there was any evidence of the virus mutating and evolving recently?

Yes, yes you did.

None so blind

Edited by Smithee

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Smithee said:

Didn't you ask if there was any evidence of the virus missing and evolving recently?

Yes, yes you did.

None so blind

The more transmissible a virus gets, the weaker it becomes.  That's the reality although the govt have only publicised one side of the equation.  Again, I ask why we are not hearing about the virus evolving -mutating if you like - in to the common cold? 

Enzo Chiefo

Odds of catching Covid unvaccinated...1 in 2225. After 1 dose...1 in 7500. After 2 doses ...1 in 22500. Even if you catch it, it doesn't affect the vast, vast majority of people in any way.

Do we pull up the duvet and hide for the rest of our lives, just to "staaaay safe" or live? Mmmm

Having been very compliant for over a year and often been dismayed at those who just flat out refused to comply, I’m now of the view that there is no longer any justification or basis or benefit in continuing any form of restriction in this country. This includes people who have had double dose vaccinations being allowed to travel freely anywhere they want and for any reason they want.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's not worth the bother, Smithee. Quite a few people refuse to recognise this, despite it having to be mentioned ad nauseam.

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, redjambo said:

It's not worth the bother, Smithee. Quite a few people refuse to recognise this, despite it having to be mentioned ad nauseam.

Which is remarkable given that we've had 3 different, and increasingly virulent, variants in 15 months. 

It's almost like the virus is changing to target people as the available host groups reduce. What's the chances?

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Might as well just top ourselves now then.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

You are perpetuating the fear and excessive caution we now need to move on from. And, possibly (assume we're talking about folk in general, not you, Smithee), your mask hygiene may be such that you are exposing yourself to higher levels of the pathogen.

So I'm not doing myself or my family harm walking down the street wearing a mask then

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Which is remarkable given that we've had 3 different, and increasingly virulent, variants in 15 months. 

It's almost like the virus is changing to target people as the available host groups reduce. What's the chances?

It's not a concious decision on the part of the virus tbf. It's natural selection in action.

Viruses like this one come and go, and sooner or later it'll take it's place amongs the myriad other pathogens which move amongst us more or less freely, and which do the majority of us little harm.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not a concious decision on the part of the virus tbf. It's natural selection in action.

Viruses like this one come and go, and sooner or later it'll take it's place amongs the myriad other pathogens which move amongst us more or less freely, and which do the majority of us little harm.

Is it not just the effect of the vaccine?

The virus isn't targeting younger people, they're just the majority of the hosts left?

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct, Guv'nr. Some appear to be striving for zero Covid which is both unrealistic and unnecessary. The new variant appears to be producing cold-like symptoms in youngsters which ties-in with what you are saying. 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Is it not just the effect of the vaccine?

The virus isn't targeting younger people, they're just the majority of the hosts left?

Pretty much.

The virus isn't targeting anybody, its merely working its way through the pool of available hosts. 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Correct, Guv'nr. Some appear to be striving for zero Covid which is both unrealistic and unnecessary. The new variant appears to be producing cold-like symptoms in youngsters which ties-in with what you are saying. 

We're going to be hearing about variants and mutations for ever, Enzo. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

One unnamed minister thinks we have a 6 week window to remove all restrictions otherwise they may be in place until the Spring, as some in the scientific community want to keep us in a semi-permanent lockdown. 

What a truly chilling insight into the way Covid has been used as a trojan horse for mass population control .

Governor Tarkin
53 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

One unnamed minister thinks we have a 6 week window to remove all restrictions otherwise they may be in place until the Spring, as some in the scientific community want to keep us in a semi-permanent lockdown. 

What a truly chilling insight into the way Covid has been used as a trojan horse for mass population control .

To be fair, Enzo, the population has needed a bit of controlling.

We'd all be dead by now if everybody had been cutting about willy-nilly like that SELFISH ***TARD jonesy.

Enough is enough, though. Some folks heids are totally ****ed by this.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

To be fair, Enzo, the population has needed a bit of controlling.

We'd all be dead by now if everybody had been cutting about willy-nilly like that SELFISH ***TARD jonesy.

Enough is enough, though. Some folks heids are totally ****ed by this.

Yeah, you can see from their post count on the subject

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Might as well just top ourselves now then.

I would suggest that this might be a small overreaction to the issue. Instead, we should be working as a society to ensure that we minimise the possibility of the virus mutating by being as careful as we can not to allow it to spread, whilst of course balancing that against the other needs of society.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

No we're not.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Pretty much.

The virus isn't targeting anybody, its merely working its way through the pool of available hosts. 

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, you can see from their post count on the subject

I wasn't referencing the good people of kickback, Smith, as the majority of folk on here are hard at it. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I would suggest that this might be a small overreaction to the issue. Instead, we should be working as a society to ensure that we minimise the possibility of the virus mutating by being as careful as we can not to allow it to spread, whilst of course balancing that against the other needs of society.

Conversely, we should all be hoping beyond hope that the virus mutates itself into another one of the millions of relatively benign viruses we encounter every waking day.

It's not a one way street.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Correct, Guv'nr. Some appear to be striving for zero Covid which is both unrealistic and unnecessary.

I like it when we agree on something, Enzo. Like in this case. I have to say however that I haven't personally heard any folk saying that they're striving for zero Covid. They would be rather silly if they did.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic