Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

International students in Scotland to be jabbed up. Have to be honest I assumed they were. 

What's the full story on that - is it for ones arriving in autumn? I know of international students right now getting jagged up.

They just need to get some medic students to go round the campuses and practise with needles. If only weed were legal here, we could do a free joint for a jag like Washington are. Would probably get folk chancing a third and fourth dose though!

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

You don't think consistently ultra-cautious behaviour and extreme risk-aversion is harmful? You don't think kids saying they prefer seeing their friends on a screen is preferable to meeting them at school because their parents have put the fear of god into them about something which will do them no harm isn't dangerous and worthy of both pity and contempt? You don't think forcing kids to don a mask to walk to school isn't normalising an unfounded fear of normal human interaction? You don't think seeing old couples - despite being double-jagged - still too terrified to go for a walk in case someone - also vaccinated - passes within a few feet of them for a couple of seconds on the pavement isn't the result of excessive and systematic fearmongering by the authorities?

I'm all for looking out for each other, which is why, as a society, our attention should, nay must, now shift to educating the remaining members of our communities who still fear for their lives that it's safe to come out from behind the mental sofa we were told would save us.

There's a sound reason the auld dear in third gear trundling down the motorway at 30mph gets pulled over and assisted by the police, while the average punter doing 75mph is allowed to carry on their merry way.

👏

CavySlaveJambo
On 08/06/2021 at 15:34, westbow said:

Hi Cavey, are you still confident about your florida trip in October? Not so sure myself.

I’m not going this year.  Postponing to May.  

CavySlaveJambo
7 hours ago, steve123 said:

I might be wrong but I would have thought we should be seeing the deaths and hospital admission start to rise significantly by now if we were following the same path as last year.

You might be interested in this update video then. And so might @redjambo  It's from the Covid Symptom Study that is being run by Zoe, Guy and St Thomas' Hospitals and Kings College. It is really fascinating.  

I'd try and summarise it but then I would miss bits. 

Oh and they are wanting more people to sign up.  

Edited by CavySlaveJambo
sort the video

3 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

You might be interested in this update video then. And so might @redjambo  It's from the Covid Symptom Study that is being run by Zoe, Guy and St Thomas' Hospitals and Kings College. It is really fascinating.  

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OHBua3aXQ7c" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not showing unfortunately 😕

CavySlaveJambo
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not showing unfortunately 😕

yeah. I saw it left the code in and then went back to fix it.  Should be fixed now.  

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

1 minute ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

yeah. I saw it left the code in and then went back to fix it.  Should be fixed now.  

cheers will give a go 👍

17 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Interesting it is presenting more like the cold in younger age groups that would certainly help with spread, cheers for sharing 

34 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

That was interesting. Thanks, Cavy.

We might not see it in our time, but these covid restrictions are just a very minor precursor to climate change ones once it really kicks in.

Edited by DETTY29

Savage Vince
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think you're completely overreacting myself, the vast majority don't take the whole act of wearing a mask thing as seriously as you guys.

His posts certainly suggest that he is close to having a complete nervous breakdown because he's being asked to wear a mask outside the school for the briefest of times whilst waiting to pick up his child/children. Bit odd tbh. 

On 10/06/2021 at 11:51, JamesM48 said:

I got my blue letter today . Had appointment for Saturday 19th June . It wasn’t sitting right with me as I felt “ I’ve something on” ?   Then I remember Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v England the night before so I’ll be in no fit state to do anything that day !! Priorities  .   It was easy to re schedule online . It’s at the Gyle . I tried to change it to EICC but there were zero appointments there 

If you are past 8 weeks from dose 1 and AZ pop into EICC (or Younger or Pyramids) from Monday and you should get taken.  If you aren't, I've been told guff info from a vaccination nurse.

If you do get taken please, make sure that your 19th appointment is cancelled, which you may need to do yourself.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

We might not see it in our time, but this covid restrictions are just a very minor precursor to climate change once it really kicks in.

:muggy:

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:muggy:

Sorry GT, view of our beloved scientists.  

Piece on 5L a couple of weeks ago.

Easing of restrictions looks to be a dream now. 
This all down to the U.K. government not shut the borders to India quick enough. 
Let’s hope the deal with India is worth all the pain and suffering we are going through 

Johnson and co are the culprits but don’t expect them to admit it or apologise. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, jonesy said:

You don't think consistently ultra-cautious behaviour and extreme risk-aversion is harmful? You don't think kids saying they prefer seeing their friends on a screen is preferable to meeting them at school because their parents have put the fear of god into them about something which will do them no harm isn't dangerous and worthy of both pity and contempt? You don't think forcing kids to don a mask to walk to school isn't normalising an unfounded fear of normal human interaction? You don't think seeing old couples - despite being double-jagged - still too terrified to go for a walk in case someone - also vaccinated - passes within a few feet of them for a couple of seconds on the pavement isn't the result of excessive and systematic fearmongering by the authorities?

I'm all for looking out for each other, which is why, as a society, our attention should, nay must, now shift to educating the remaining members of our communities who still fear for their lives that it's safe to come out from behind the mental sofa we were told would save us.

There's a sound reason the auld dear in third gear trundling down the motorway at 30mph gets pulled over and assisted by the police, while the average punter doing 75mph is allowed to carry on their merry way.

Great post. The fear of Covid, deliberately engendered by Govts worldwide, while rolling out more dangerous population and traffic control measures, is many times worse than the virus itself. The psychological affect on children and the elderly, in particular, along with the economic damage to the country is truly frightening.  

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Easing of restrictions looks to be a dream now. 
This all down to the U.K. government not shut the borders to India quick enough. 
Let’s hope the deal with India is worth all the pain and suffering we are going through 

Johnson and co are the culprits but don’t expect them to admit it or apologise. 

Do you believe the "64% more transmissible " figures? I don't.

Just to confirm, positive tests are not "cases".

Within "households" is quite telling. An admission that lockdown is ineffective,  something a lot of us have probably cottoned on to several months ago. 

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry GT, view of our beloved scientists.  

Piece on 5L a couple of weeks ago.

I know, mate. I too was plums deep in the dystopian, climate catastrophe downer when I was a lefty tree hugging hippy.

But now that I'm an elitist Tory, capitalist pig, I just can't be doing with the perpetual negetivity. 🤷‍♂️

Unknown user
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

I should have expanded on my reply in case anyone thinks it was avoided.

You said people wearing masks in public are doing themselves and possibly people in their family harm, it's nonsense. It's a massive leap to go from someone wearing a mask in Princes Street to being consistently ultra cautious and the what nots you're talking about 

If I wear a mask up the street it's nobody's business why, and it's patently bollocks to claim I'm doing harm to myself in doing it 

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I should have expanded on my reply in case anyone thinks it was avoided.

You said people wearing masks in public are doing themselves and possibly people in their family harm, it's nonsense. It's a massive leap to go from someone wearing a mask in Princes Street to being consistently ultra cautious and the what nots you're talking about 

If I wear a mask up the street it's nobody's business why, and it's patently bollocks to claim I'm doing harm to myself in doing it 

I didn't get the moving roadblock analogy at all. Masks aren't a danger to others. 

5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I know, mate. I too was plums deep in the dystopian, climate catastrophe downer when I was a lefty tree hugging hippy.

But now that I'm an elitist Tory, capitalist pig, I just can't be doing with the perpetual *negetivity. 🤷‍♂️

*Tory Elitist, aye!?

:D

Enzo Chiefo
10 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Thanks for sharing that Cavy. Very interesting.  It seems to be clearly more infectious but mutating towards behaving like the common cold. Which was the exit outcome originally hoped for, along with the vaccines, that will allow us to live normally with the virus.

It's unfortunate that that isn't highlighted in Govt updates but then we've never really been given the full facts or any kind of context since the start. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tory Elitist,aye?

Correct, ausseh.

Come on in, the wonga's luvely.

:greggy:

manaliveits105
9 hours ago, weehammy said:

Woohoo! Linda Bauld got her OBE. Job done you outstanding behaviourist.

Well, not quite. Now on to the book and some juicy research contracts.

I would definitely give her one 

9 hours ago, weehammy said:

Woohoo! Linda Bauld got her OBE. Job done you outstanding behaviourist.

Well, not quite. Now on to the book and some juicy research contracts.

Incredible - getting an OBE for going on TV and telling us what the figures mean. I can do that!

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/us-health-agency-gives-innova-lateral-flow-covid-tests-scathing-review

There seems to be some doubt over how useful the lateral flow tests are. The US has been pretty scathing and these are apparently the ones being used here. 

I thought the accuracy of the lateral flow tests had always been questioned? The other one (can't remember it's name) was meant to be far more accurate. Or do I have that round the wrong way? 

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I would definitely give her one 

Now, you're thinking of Devi does Dallas, not LB. I hope, sincerely hope, you are confusing our Edinburgh Uni TV stars.😮

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

She’ll probably be banned from Edi Uni, due to her suppprt of the British Empire atrocities in receiving this award. 

That's a possibility given Edinburgh's craven capitulation on such matters in recent times. 

Enzo Chiefo
10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

But now that I'm an elitist Tory, capitalist pig, I just can't be doing with the perpetual negetivity. 🤷‍♂️

That's the spirit, Guv. Trampling over the working classes, and evading the Revenue parasites, as you strive to earn a few quid. Count me in.👍

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you believe the "64% more transmissible " figures? I don't.

Just to confirm, positive tests are not "cases".

Within "households" is quite telling. An admission that lockdown is ineffective,  something a lot of us have probably cottoned on to several months ago. 

As an aside but only slightly Enzo.

In numbers: How Covid impacted NHS treatment in 2020
3 million people in the UK missed cancer screenings as a result of coronavirus
2 million patients waited more than 18 weeks for routine hospital treatment
1 in 10 mental health patients has been waiting six months for help
50 per cent drop in heart attack A&E attendances
38 per cent drop in emergency heart surgery in London in the second half of March, due to worried patients
49.6 per cent of Britons reported high levels of anxiety
35 per cent of carers provided more care as a result of local services reducing or closing
Sources: Cancer Research UK, NHS England, Royal College of Psychiatrists, British Heart Foundation, Office of National Statistics, Carers UK

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought the accuracy of the lateral flow tests had always been questioned? The other one (can't remember it's name) was meant to be far more accurate. Or do I have that round the wrong way? 

There are lots of articles about the PCR tests not being fit for purpose either - https://www.rt.com/op-ed/507937-covid-pcr-test-fail/

I don't know what the truth is in either case but lots of prominent people seem to have serious doubts. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

38 per cent drop in emergency heart surgery in London in the second half of March, due to worried patients
35 per cent of carers provided more care as a result of local services reducing or closing
Sources: Cancer Research UK, NHS England, Royal College of Psychiatrists, British Heart Foundation, Office of National Statistics, Carers UK

It would be good to see the figures for treatments that did take place. 

The suggestion is lockdown prevented treatment. That is true and there have been real and serious effects. But no lockdown and there would have been very little treatment at all with NHS completely devastated. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes, completely agree, Seymour. Whoever lockdown has "saved", multiple times more will die, as illustrated by the stats you have posted.

Not to mention the economic damage to individuals and businesses, the psychological affect on children, the elderly in care homes etc...the list goes on.

As for "long Covid", it's nothing new as millions of people already suffer from long-term debilitating conditions, sometimes while suffering unbearable pain.  They have had treatments,  support and operations delayed or cancelled because of our response to all this.

15 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Did he just say the Delta variant symptoms - for those not asymtomatic obviously- are similar to the common cold .:shocked666:

19 hours ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough - if in a situation that demands it, nothing wrong with a friendly nudge to don a mask.

I had the opposite yesterday, where a fellow parent (and healthcare professional, FWIW) pulled out her mask as we chatted and walked our kids to school, only to shrug and pop it back in her pocket when she noticed I wasn't bothering with the frankly ridiculous notion of wearing a mask in the outdoors just because we were near the school.

Parents walk - side by side on narrow pavements - for up to 20/30 minutes without them, and then feel compelled to put a mask on when they get near the school and continue the same conversation they'd been having, free and maskless, a few moments before, simply to be seen to be doing so.

I don’t wear a mask outdoors. Never have done. I give folk a bit of space if it’s busy or on a  narrow bit of path. I only wear a mask in a shop pub or restaurant or if a stranger visits the house really. Thought that was what I was meant to be doing ?

Seymour M Hersh

I see Israeli health officials are having major concerns with CoVid vaccinations of younger people. They have recorded, primarily in young men, figures 25 times higher than normal having had the covid vaccine (Pfizer I think) of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) some of whom have died.  Should we be getting very concerned how Universities and indeed the Government are rushing to require vaccinations of the young? 

32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see Israeli health officials are having major concerns with CoVid vaccinations of younger people. They have recorded, primarily in young men, figures 25 times higher than normal having had the covid vaccine (Pfizer I think) of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) some of whom have died.  Should we be getting very concerned how Universities and indeed the Government are rushing to require vaccinations of the young? 

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-sees-probable-link-between-pfizer-vaccine-small-number-myocarditis-cases-2021-06-01/

Main points

. Israel’s Health Ministry has found a small number of heart inflammation cases observed mainly in young men, 16-30, who have received the Pfizer vaccine - 275 cases reported between December 2020 and May 2021 among more than 5 million vaccinated people.

. Pfizer is aware of the Israeli observations and has said that no causal link to its vaccine has been established.

. Most patients who experienced the issue spent no more than four days in the hospital and 95% of the cases were classified as mild.

. A U.S. CDC advisory group has recommended further study of the possibility of a link, but said that data from another database, the VSD, did not show that rates of myocarditis or pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination differed from expectations.

. The European Medicines Agency has said that heart inflammation after receiving the Pfizer vaccine has been no cause for concern as such incidents are at a similar rate to those in the general population. It added that young men were particularly prone to the condition.

. Israel had held off making its 12- to 15-year-old population eligible for the vaccines while the report was ongoing, but in parallel to publishing its findings gave the green light for vaccinating 12- to 15-year-olds as from next week, concluding that the efficacy of the vaccine outweighs the risk.

Scottish numbers: 12 June 2021

Summary

• 1,030* new cases of COVID-19 reported [-74; up from 860 a week ago]
  • 26,650 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-1,913]
    • 4.1% of these were positive [=]
  • 2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+2]
  • 3,477,378 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,402,700 have received their second dose [+18,315; +27,454]

*PHS are aware of an ongoing delay in the laboratory processing of specimens in the Glasgow Lighthouse lab, similar to that which was reported yesterday. This delay may lead to a smaller number of tests and cases reported during the previous 48 hours as compared to the figures reported prior to that period.

Edited by redjambo

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

maybe not “very concerned” but the key point being we are still learning things about these vaccines and it would be wise to know what group you are in (ie underlying issues, special blood types etc) rather than just taking the total group as a measure of your individual risk

they’ll soon be getting tweaked as boosters to deal with new variants etc 🙀

Here are the latest trend stats. Any errors are due to me watching the Wales-Switzerland game while compiling the data.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun 6 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland     110 107 +3   104 106 100 96 93 ... 22
Dundee City 2 4 273 266 +7   261 243 226 206 190 ... 13
South Ayrshire 2 4 212 184 +28   178 199 182 178 180 ... 25
Clackmannanshire 2 4 192 202 -10   198 206 202 211 194 ... 14
Edinburgh City 2 4 190 174 +16   181 180 175 172 166 ... 27
Midlothian 2 4 184 185 -1   178 172 158 142 118 ... 10
Glasgow City 2 4 155 159 -4   158 164 157 157 157 ... 33
Angus 1 4 151 153 -2   183 182 167 160 148 ... 7
Perth & Kinross 1 3 143 136 +7   136 137 109 96 82 ... 22
West Dunbartonshire 1 3 137 125 +12   110 98 87 69 66 ... 28
East Renfrewshire 2 3 136 140 -4   126 119 113 117 135 ... 24
East Ayrshire 2 3 127 132 -5   140 149 133 138 136 ... 45
East Dunbartonshire 2 3 127 120 +7   124 127 121 111 108 ... 51
Renfrewshire 2 3 127 126 +1   135 133 130 128 125 ... 20
East Lothian 1 3 122 113 +9   101 93 80 71 63 ... 5
West Lothian 1 3 119 114 +5   100 103 87 82 73 ... 26
North Ayrshire 2 3 112 86 +26   85 96 83 74 77 ... 17
North Lanarkshire 2 3 104 104 0   93 96 90 80 82 ... 40
South Lanarkshire 2 3 95 97 -2   87 95 92 86 85 ... 18
Stirling 2 3 61 70 -9   69 70 77 80 83 ... 11
Aberdeen City 1 3 57 54 +3   40 40 42 38 34 ... 13
Fife 1 3 57 54 +3   56 58 54 51 49 ... 32
Scottish Borders 1 3 51 43 +8   39 35 32 31 28 ... 6
Dumfries & Galloway 1 2 46 41 +5   33 30 25 24 14 ... 19
Inverclyde 1 2 41 31 +10   30 28 27 22 26 ... 15
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 2 37 33 +4   28 29 20 19 20 ... 7
Falkirk 1 2 32 37 -5   42 43 52 51 51 ... 23
Aberdeenshire 1 2 25 23 +2   24 24 22 18 15 ... 8
Highland 1 / 0 1 11 14 -3   18 22 26 29 31 ... 9
Moray 1 1 10 15 -5   14 19 15 17 17 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 4 0 +4   4 4 4 7 7 ... 0
Shetland Islands 0 0 0 4 -4   13 17 17 17 17 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 0 0 0 0   4 4 9 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun 6 Jun ... 1 May
Tests     24508 24621 -113   24392 24887 23462 23693 23145 ... 18484
Cases     856 832 +24   816 830 782 751 730 ... 171
Positivity rate %     3.7 3.6 +0.1   3.6 3.6 3.6 3.4 3.4 ... 1.1
Deaths     0.6 0.4 +0.2   0.7 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.3 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     47384 48247 -863   48996 49098 49078 48884 48033 ... 45346
1st Dose     18791 19008 -217   19344 19453 19511 19312 18781 ... 6677
2nd Dose     28593 29239 -646   29652 29645 29567 29572 29252 ... 38669

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Here are the latest trend stats. Any errors are due to me watching the Wales-Switzerland game while compiling the data.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun 6 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland     110 107 +3   104 106 100 96 93 ... 22
Dundee City 2 4 273 266 +7   261 243 226 206 190 ... 13
South Ayrshire 2 4 212 184 +28   178 199 182 178 180 ... 25
Clackmannanshire 2 4 192 202 -10   198 206 202 211 194 ... 14
Edinburgh City 2 4 190 174 +16   181 180 175 172 166 ... 27
Midlothian 2 4 184 185 -1   178 172 158 142 118 ... 10
Glasgow City 2 4 155 159 -4   158 164 157 157 157 ... 33
Angus 1 4 151 153 -2   183 182 167 160 148 ... 7
Perth & Kinross 1 3 143 136 +7   136 137 109 96 82 ... 22
West Dunbartonshire 1 3 137 125 +12   110 98 87 69 66 ... 28
East Renfrewshire 2 3 136 140 -4   126 119 113 117 135 ... 24
East Ayrshire 2 3 127 132 -5   140 149 133 138 136 ... 45
East Dunbartonshire 2 3 127 120 +7   124 127 121 111 108 ... 51
Renfrewshire 2 3 127 126 +1   135 133 130 128 125 ... 20
East Lothian 1 3 122 113 +9   101 93 80 71 63 ... 5
West Lothian 1 3 119 114 +5   100 103 87 82 73 ... 26
North Ayrshire 2 3 112 86 +26   85 96 83 74 77 ... 17
North Lanarkshire 2 3 104 104 0   93 96 90 80 82 ... 40
South Lanarkshire 2 3 95 97 -2   87 95 92 86 85 ... 18
Stirling 2 3 61 70 -9   69 70 77 80 83 ... 11
Aberdeen City 1 3 57 54 +3   40 40 42 38 34 ... 13
Fife 1 3 57 54 +3   56 58 54 51 49 ... 32
Scottish Borders 1 3 51 43 +8   39 35 32 31 28 ... 6
Dumfries & Galloway 1 2 46 41 +5   33 30 25 24 14 ... 19
Inverclyde 1 2 41 31 +10   30 28 27 22 26 ... 15
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 2 37 33 +4   28 29 20 19 20 ... 7
Falkirk 1 2 32 37 -5   42 43 52 51 51 ... 23
Aberdeenshire 1 2 25 23 +2   24 24 22 18 15 ... 8
Highland 1 / 0 1 11 14 -3   18 22 26 29 31 ... 9
Moray 1 1 10 15 -5   14 19 15 17 17 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 4 0 +4   4 4 4 7 7 ... 0
Shetland Islands 0 0 0 4 -4   13 17 17 17 17 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 0 0 0 0   4 4 9 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun 6 Jun ... 1 May
Tests     24508 24621 -113   24392 24887 23462 23693 23145 ... 18484
Cases     856 832 +24   816 830 782 751 730 ... 171
Positivity rate %     3.7 3.6 +0.1   3.6 3.6 3.6 3.4 3.4 ... 1.1
Deaths     0.6 0.4 +0.2   0.7 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.3 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     47384 48247 -863   48996 49098 49078 48884 48033 ... 45346
1st Dose     18791 19008 -217   19344 19453 19511 19312 18781 ... 6677
2nd Dose     28593 29239 -646   29652 29645 29567 29572 29252 ... 38669

👍😭

JudyJudyJudy
16 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

If you are past 8 weeks from dose 1 and AZ pop into EICC (or Younger or Pyramids) from Monday and you should get taken.  If you aren't, I've been told guff info from a vaccination nurse.

If you do get taken please, make sure that your 19th appointment is cancelled, which you may need to do yourself.

Yes I managed to change it to another date 👍

22 hours ago, jonesy said:

👍👍

15 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great post. The fear of Covid, deliberately engendered by Govts worldwide, while rolling out more dangerous population and traffic control measures, is many times worse than the virus itself. The psychological affect on children and the elderly, in particular, along with the economic damage to the country is truly frightening.  

👍

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Should we be very concerned about 0.005% being affected, and of those 0.005%, 95% only being mild cases?

I'd say no. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

25 times higher? Source?

What I'm seeing is that it's at the same rate as usual in the same demographic as usual and there isn't much concern at all 

Edited by Smithee

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

👍👍

👍

Covid friend

friend1.jpg

Maybe you can explain the jump from me walking down the street wearing a mask to I'm harming myself and possibly my family, seeing as you're agreeing with the post

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

👍👍

👍

Sorry, not made myself clear.

If it has been 8 weeks since your first AZ dose, you can jump the queue for your second and go to EICC from Monday, as a walk in.

All good though if new date and appt venue suits.

Edited by DETTY29

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Covid friend

friend1.jpg

Maybe you can explain the jump from me walking down the street wearing a mask to I'm harming myself and possibly my family, seeing as you're agreeing with the post

Causing far greater harm than Covid. Sure, there are over 128k confirmed Covid deaths in the UK and zero mask-related deaths. But don't let evidence get in the way of blind prejudice. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Covid friend

friend1.jpg

5A266FB1-4CF5-4E5C-B22F-0B0B8A26AD06.gif

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic