Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That is mental behaviour from Italy/EU. 

State sponsored theft. Be interesting to see how the Aussies react.

100% tariffs on Italian goods?  Although the EU might reciprocate on Italy's behalf.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure Australia can or should enter a dispute with the EU over this.  The blockade is the result of an EU dispute with AZ's contractual obligations to the EU.  If anything it could be argued that this should only cause Australia to raise a dispute with AZ.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I'd expect all the population centres in the Central Belt, Tayside and  Aberdeen to start in Tier3 for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, with the rural areas starting in Tier 2 regardless of the numbers, for the reason you outlined above.

It will be a hard sell to tell me I’ve had 4 months of lockdown and 2 million people have been vaccinated but I’m back to where I was in December 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It will be a hard sell to tell me I’ve had 4 months of lockdown and 2 million people have been vaccinated but I’m back to where I was in December 

Sorry to hear that.

23 hours ago, jonesy said:

As an unpopular hypocrite, I believe I'd stand a fairly good chance of being elected! ;) 

Plenty - infact I'd say a majority - of politicians are in it for the money/status and nothing else anyway!

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No do sure about the “ great reset” stuff but I found this fascinating

HERE IN A MASS GRAVE LIE HALF THE POPULATION OF THE VILLAGE OF INVER. WHO DIED DURING THE CHOLERA EPIDEMIC OF 1832.

In the fishing village of Portmahomack a few miles from Inver, one-fifth of its inhabitants died. Proportionally Inverness got off lighter with 136 deaths. 

The Inverness Courier reported: “The infection spread with frightful rapidity. In Inver, though the population did not much exceed a hundred persons, eleven bodies were committed to the earth without shroud or coffin in one day; in two days after they had buried nineteen more. 

Many survivors fled from the village, leaving behind them the dead and the dying, and took shelter, some in the woods and some among the hollows of an extensive track of sandhills. But the pest followed them to their hiding place, and they expired in the open air. Whole families were found lying dead on their cottage floors. In one instance an infant, the only survivor, lay grovelling on the body of its mother, wailing feebly among the dead, the sole mourner in the charnel-house of the pestilence.” 

Contrast this situation to today’s “pandemic”. According to Public Health Scotland, in 2020 a total of 2,715 annual deaths were recorded in the Highlands, of these only 33 had Covid-19 on their death certificate. PHS also confirmed only 6% of deaths nationally were healthy people. 

We can therefore assume that around 2 people died in the whole of the Highlands (population +230,000) who didn’t have pre-existing health conditions. They also highlight the average age of death being 82, greater than average life expectancy.  

In 1832, many people in Inver felt the reason the cholera outbreak finally came to an end was due to the courage of two men who saw it as a cloud, captured it in a sheet and buried it. A similar “capture” of cholera happened around the same time in the nearby village of ****.

Today’s superstition is that around 80% of people with the latest “deadly pandemic” have it, but don’t know they have it. Only finding out after taking not fit for purpose PCR tests which over-amplify COVID results to give false positives that even the World Health Organisation acknowledge is too high. 

Today’s superstitious also hope that the end of the “deadly pandemic” which has a 99% and above survival rate, will come from an experimental vaccine that has skipped the usual drug trials, leap-frogged over the usual testing time frame and offers no guarantees as to its long-term safety.

This is not a pandemic, it is a SCAMdemic. Supported by Big Pharma and backed up by the power of mass media. Emotional manipulation will always outweigh critical thinking and common sense which in turn clouds the conclusion that the real pandemic will come from the suicide rates and unnecessary deaths from untreated heart disease, lung problems, late cancer diagnosis, drug abuse, poverty, a tsunami of mental health issues and the crushing of all the small to medium businesses to the benefit of big corporate entities. 

People over the years have always wondered how it was possible for the Nazi party to brainwash an entire nation, we can now see it happening before our very eyes.

The aim of all this is becoming clearer by the day, to crash the world economies and use fear and safety as cover to implement the WEF’s “Great Reset” agenda, produced by Klaus Schwab. Most people are totally uninformed as to the Great Reset which is either ignored or put down as some mad “conspiracy theory” This is not a “conspiracy theory” it is being done openly, in front of our eyes, all you need to do is look at the WEF website and listen to gov’t spokespeople.

Matt Hancock - Jan 26, 2018 “Delighted we’ve agreed to work even closer with the World Economic Forum & their Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution to help make AI work for everyone”.

Once you understand that, everything they do and are planning to do makes perfect sense. 

I hope those that are believers in these lockdowns and dystopian rules will realise soon, that this has NOTHING to do with health and will never stop until we push back. Standing together and fighting back like countless people all over the world is the only way to stop this inhuman world they’re trying to unleash on us!

"The Great Reset"- refers to a movement looking to come out of the pandemic with better values, recognizing and harnessing the opportunity for seismic change in society. Working from home and the reduction in pollution, for example or considering work/life balance. 

"Agenda 21" - is a UN motion to tackle exponential population growth, considered unsustainable eventually, by tackling childhood deaths. Paradoxically, improving poverty, sanitation and hygiene (fresh water, vaccines against disease etc) reduces birth rates - particularly in countries with no pensions for retirement where the parents may end up relying on their adult children for their survival.

Both of these concepts have been deliberately mis-construed by bad actors acting with bad will, most certainly including Russian bot farms and alt-right agitators. 

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No I’ll need to ask my friend who sent me it . It’s maybe not that accurate but not far off the Mark really 

Accepting "your friend's" figures carte blance is part of the problem of disinformation. You then share them and someone else gullibly swallows them whole - how do you know a) where they ACTUALLY came from b) their veracity? Disinformation is a massive problem and the manner in which people just accept this stuff without a shred of critical analysis fuels it. It gets traction way beyond normal news stories, as Facebook recently admitted.  

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Speaking of Germany, I see they have joined France & Belgium and done a complete u-turn on the AZ/Oxford vaccine and it's use in the over 65's, even the spacing out of doses, which Germany is going to adopt as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56275342

The big problem they have now though, is persuading their citizens that it works, because for the last month or two they have been telling their over 65's not to have it and have made a song and dance about how the UK was taking a huge risk in the over 65's and the spacing out of the doses blah blah blah, now as one German doctor said a few days ago, there now has to be a huge PR and advertising campaign to try and convince the public that the AZ/Oxford vaccine works, and that won't just apply to Germany, that'll apply to the whole of the EU.

What a fecking mess they have got themselves into, and it's all self inflicted as well.

Can't disagree. Between this behaviour, Italy self-protecting supplies and Van Uewen's partisan and ridiculous behaviour has not shown the EU in a great light. I say that as someone who felt overall we were better off in the EU, but they have made an arse of this so far. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Probably going to pump it all into Hitler's rotted corpse and hope for the best.

:notsure:

Still living as a waiter in a cantina in a Patagonian village,  aint he?

Either that or holed up with Shan Lieson in a Montevideo hovel.  One of them trying desperately to escape.  The other one stalking people on Twitter.

54 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Seemingly Germany has over 90% of a 3 million dose AZ stockpile sitting around with little demand for it.  

Not giving it to Italy then 

Dagger Is Back
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

HERE IN A MASS GRAVE LIE HALF THE POPULATION OF THE VILLAGE OF INVER. WHO DIED DURING THE CHOLERA EPIDEMIC OF 1832.

In the fishing village of Portmahomack a few miles from Inver, one-fifth of its inhabitants died. Proportionally Inverness got off lighter with 136 deaths. 

The Inverness Courier reported: “The infection spread with frightful rapidity. In Inver, though the population did not much exceed a hundred persons, eleven bodies were committed to the earth without shroud or coffin in one day; in two days after they had buried nineteen more. 

Many survivors fled from the village, leaving behind them the dead and the dying, and took shelter, some in the woods and some among the hollows of an extensive track of sandhills. But the pest followed them to their hiding place, and they expired in the open air. Whole families were found lying dead on their cottage floors. In one instance an infant, the only survivor, lay grovelling on the body of its mother, wailing feebly among the dead, the sole mourner in the charnel-house of the pestilence.” 

Contrast this situation to today’s “pandemic”. According to Public Health Scotland, in 2020 a total of 2,715 annual deaths were recorded in the Highlands, of these only 33 had Covid-19 on their death certificate. PHS also confirmed only 6% of deaths nationally were healthy people. 

We can therefore assume that around 2 people died in the whole of the Highlands (population +230,000) who didn’t have pre-existing health conditions. They also highlight the average age of death being 82, greater than average life expectancy.  

In 1832, many people in Inver felt the reason the cholera outbreak finally came to an end was due to the courage of two men who saw it as a cloud, captured it in a sheet and buried it. A similar “capture” of cholera happened around the same time in the nearby village of ****.

Today’s superstition is that around 80% of people with the latest “deadly pandemic” have it, but don’t know they have it. Only finding out after taking not fit for purpose PCR tests which over-amplify COVID results to give false positives that even the World Health Organisation acknowledge is too high. 

Today’s superstitious also hope that the end of the “deadly pandemic” which has a 99% and above survival rate, will come from an experimental vaccine that has skipped the usual drug trials, leap-frogged over the usual testing time frame and offers no guarantees as to its long-term safety.

This is not a pandemic, it is a SCAMdemic. Supported by Big Pharma and backed up by the power of mass media. Emotional manipulation will always outweigh critical thinking and common sense which in turn clouds the conclusion that the real pandemic will come from the suicide rates and unnecessary deaths from untreated heart disease, lung problems, late cancer diagnosis, drug abuse, poverty, a tsunami of mental health issues and the crushing of all the small to medium businesses to the benefit of big corporate entities. 

People over the years have always wondered how it was possible for the Nazi party to brainwash an entire nation, we can now see it happening before our very eyes.

The aim of all this is becoming clearer by the day, to crash the world economies and use fear and safety as cover to implement the WEF’s “Great Reset” agenda, produced by Klaus Schwab. Most people are totally uninformed as to the Great Reset which is either ignored or put down as some mad “conspiracy theory” This is not a “conspiracy theory” it is being done openly, in front of our eyes, all you need to do is look at the WEF website and listen to gov’t spokespeople.

Matt Hancock - Jan 26, 2018 “Delighted we’ve agreed to work even closer with the World Economic Forum & their Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution to help make AI work for everyone”.

Once you understand that, everything they do and are planning to do makes perfect sense. 

I hope those that are believers in these lockdowns and dystopian rules will realise soon, that this has NOTHING to do with health and will never stop until we push back. Standing together and fighting back like countless people all over the world is the only way to stop this inhuman world they’re trying to unleash on us!

Talk about howling at the moon. Truly frightening 

Was up until the mid '90s. Then, one winter's day, he tried to serve two tables at opposite sides of the restaurant once, got a bit bogged down and the whole cantina collapsed around him.

Anyway, Hitler V2.0, vaxxed to the eyeballs (as is only fair for someone approaching their 122nd birthday, as we go by age, not role) will be along shortly. Nobody tell the French, it'll only upset them.

:Agree:

I wonder how Charles de Gaulle would have welcomed the advent of Le Vaccine L'Anglais.  The mind boggles.

AH: Nein, Shawn, ich glaube nicht, dass die Waliser die Belgier überspielen.

SL: You just don't get it, Adolf. Let me tell you about this evening I had with my babysitter, then.

AH: *picks up phone* Hallo. Is that the Simon Wiesenthal Centre? Ja, I have something to confess. Can you pick me up ASAP?

Think he would have cut out old Simon and just tipped up at the local Mossad sleeper cell.

55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Seemingly Germany has over 90% of a 3 million dose AZ stockpile sitting around with little demand for it.  

This is ridiculous behaviour. Is it fuelled by anti-Brexit/Xenophobic sentiment from within Germany? Those doses could protect so many people. 

Just now, Gizmo said:

This is ridiculous behaviour. Is it fuelled by anti-Brexit/Xenophobic sentiment from within Germany? Those doses could protect so many people. 

It's brilliant comedy.

Demand vaccine supply.

Threaten to disrupt someone else's vaccine supply.

Make highly dubious claims about vaccine.

Get supply of vaccine.

Hoard and not deploy vaccine.

Great bit of having your bratwurst and eating it.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

That is mental behaviour from Italy/EU. 

State sponsored theft. Be interesting to see how the Aussies react.

Do the vaccines get binned now.

Or sent to the UK. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Has anyone had an antibody test?

There have been many posts where people thought they had symptoms especially earlier in the pandemic.

I just wondered if you did have a test now would it still  test positive for antibodies 10-12 months later.

People are testing covid positive for up to 90 days never mind the antibodies.

More people getting the vaccine the less useful antibody testing is before becoming totally redundant.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

People are testing covid positive for up to 90 days never mind the antibodies.

More people getting the vaccine the less useful antibody testing is before becoming totally redundant.

Surely antibody surveillance of the vaccinated is really useful to study efficacy and antibody persistence.

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Surely antibody surveillance of the vaccinated is really useful to study efficacy and antibody persistence.

I meant from a point of view of knowing who has had covid asymptomatically. Not sure the current tests would offer definitive answers. 

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I meant from a point of view of knowing who has had covid asymptomatically. Not sure the current tests would offer definitive answers. 

Agreed.  A shift in the mission of surveillance.  

Enzo Chiefo
12 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes, there is certainly an element of control, for political agendas, at play here. It's also quite chilling to hear comments from people like Professor James Chalmers from Dundee Uni , another advocate of zero Covid. " Getting peoples' head on the road to an Australia or NZ mindset is going to be difficult. They are going to say "last year we were allowed to eat out in a restaurant when there was more Covid".  The words "were allowed to eat in a restaurant " should send a chill down the spine of anyone who values their liberty and freedom. Mass opposition and defiance is the only way to defeat this madness. We have a vaccine and within the next 4-6 weeks we all need to start to demand our freedoms back. Covid is not a disease to worry the vast majority of the population,  long, short, Brazilian, South African or whatever. Life goes on.

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, there is certainly an element of control, for political agendas, at play here. It's also quite chilling to hear comments from people like Professor James Chalmers from Dundee Uni , another advocate of zero Covid. " Getting peoples' head on the road to an Australia or NZ mindset is going to be difficult. They are going to say "last year we were allowed to eat out in a restaurant when there was more Covid".  The words "were allowed to eat in a restaurant " should send a chill down the spine of anyone who values their liberty and freedom. Mass opposition and defiance is the only way to defeat this madness. We have a vaccine and within the next 4-6 weeks we all need to start to demand our freedoms back. Covid is not a disease to worry the vast majority of the population,  long, short, Brazilian, South African or whatever. Life goes on.

100% correct

Hitler and Lawson on a mini-bike to something less believable.  The frightening thing is he's raving about something said that predicts what he wants and will get.  

It seems the closer we get to something better,  the more frantic the bleating becomes.

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Whilst you could have a discussion about Covid itself not being a disease to worry the vast majority you have little chance of changing minds when the cost of that is the treatments unable to take place whilst it is being fought

Not only on a medical front but in terms of the economy and the mental health of the nation...indeed any nation

We have these lockdowns to get some measure of control to allow other members of the general population to get treatment for other matters knowing if we do not the resources we have will be used up by Covid patients

Is there a cut off point where we allow a certain % to be okay or a certain % to die ?...and who decides this ?

At this point we in the UK need to complete the vaccination programme as swiftly as possible then ensure we do not 'bring in' any more cases by making changes too early or making assumptions especially re foreign travel.......and we need to give help where possible to other nations as the attitude of I'm all right Jack will not last long when trading has to expand into other countries and continents

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whilst you could have a discussion about Covid itself not being a disease to worry the vast majority you have little chance of changing minds when the cost of that is the treatments unable to take place whilst it is being fought

Not only on a medical front but in terms of the economy and the mental health of the nation...indeed any nation

We have these lockdowns to get some measure of control to allow other members of the general population to get treatment for other matters knowing if we do not the resources we have will be used up by Covid patients

Is there a cut off point where we allow a certain % to be okay or a certain % to die ?...and who decides this ?

At this point we in the UK need to complete the vaccination programme as swiftly as possible then ensure we do not 'bring in' any more cases by making changes too early or making assumptions especially re foreign travel.......and we need to give help where possible to other nations as the attitude of I'm all right Jack will not last long when trading has to expand into other countries and continents

I agree, and I am referring to a point where the 9 priority groups are vaccinated.  But this argument about "acceptable" death rates against lockdown is a false dichotomy.  The 2 issues are separate. 1% of the population die every single year. Whether that is 1.1% or 1.2% ,because of Covid  should not affect the rights of 99% of the population to live. 

The vaccine will reduce hospitalisations to a minimal level and imo Covid patients should be treated in "dirty" hospitals, allowing cancer patients,  along with others in need, to be prioritised in the mainstream hospitals.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Has anyone had an antibody test?

There have been many posts where people thought they had symptoms especially earlier in the pandemic.

I just wondered if you did have a test now would it still  test positive for antibodies 10-12 months later.

I was considering it last year. Cost over £100 though . I asked them about the anti bodies still being in the body after 6 months or more . They ( pharmacy ) said they do . It was Newington pharmacy . 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Probably going to pump it all into Hitler's rotted corpse and hope for the best.

Ah well someone beat me to it regarding where Mr Hitler might be now before I multi quoted so this comment is a complete Waste of time 😂

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes someone was on this yesterday saying something along the lines of being exited that we might get to tiet 1  !! Easily pleased and neutered it seems . I want no tiers . As the old saying goes “ poor is the man whose pleasures depends on the permission of another “ Madonna 1991 ( she quoted someone else I’m guessing as it’s far too intellectual for her ) 👍

21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I was shopping yesterday. I was amazed how many old folk were out shopping. It must have been about 90^ of the occupants, 

There was feck all social distance from the vast majority. I had two old ***** actually stand on my heels they were that close.

Did  reaffirm my view, the rules will go out the window for a large chunk those who have been vaccinated and feel safer. 

I’m sure the likes of Hancock will make a plea to the Seniors about killing their children and grandkids. 

It's been a total stitch up of the youth since the start. Even that article I've posted is lacking any judgement and is littered with justification and excused.

Compare the tone to this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/17/uk-police-crack-down-covid-rule-breakers

In the original 'not permitted' is used instance of 'illegal' and the person the go to for quotes is some from Age UK who makes loads of excuses and admits to breaking the rules herself rather than a hard hitting few lines from the police.

“The restrictions are clear enough and there is no excuse for this sort of selfish behaviour that puts lives at risk and causes a nuisance for nearby residents who are doing the right thing by staying at home."

Vs 

Caroline Abrahams, a charity director at Age UK, said it was not a surprise that some over-80s may not have “abided by the letter of the lockdown guidance”, because many families would have felt the need to visit them to offer support.

She also said loneliness and depression would have led some to conclude that “it’s better to take a calculated risk in this respect than feel profoundly miserable on their own”.

Edited by Taffin

Footballfirst
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

There is already such an acceptance in England.

In mid February, modelling by Imperial College for SAGE was used to inform the UK government's thinking on different scenarios for the lifting of lockdown measures  They forecast 55,000 further Covid deaths by June 2022 for the scenario closest to what BoJo has proposed for England.  Most of the deaths will occur in the next two or three months (around 6,000 have already occurred since the paper was produced).

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I was shopping yesterday. I was amazed how many old folk were out shopping. It must have been about 90^ of the occupants, 

There was feck all social distance from the vast majority. I had two old ***** actually stand on my heels they were that close.

Did  reaffirm my view, the rules will go out the window for a large chunk those who have been vaccinated and feel safer. 

I’m sure the likes of Hancock will make a plea to the Seniors about killing their children and grandkids. 

Yeah been a disgrace how young people been demonised and scapegoated as well as frightened 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

It's been a total stitch up of the youth since the start. Even that article I've posted is lacking any judgement and is littered with justification and excused.

Compare the tone to this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/17/uk-police-crack-down-covid-rule-breakers

In the original 'not permitted' is used instance of 'illegal' and the person the go to for quotes is some from Age UK who makes loads of excuses and admits to breaking the rules herself rather than a hard hitting few lines from the police.

“The restrictions are clear enough and there is no excuse for this sort of selfish behaviour that puts lives at risk and causes a nuisance for nearby residents who are doing the right thing by staying at home."

Vs 

Caroline Abrahams, a charity director at Age UK, said it was not a surprise that some over-80s may not have “abided by the letter of the lockdown guidance”, because many families would have felt the need to visit them to offer support.

She also said loneliness and depression would have led some to conclude that “it’s better to take a calculated risk in this respect than feel profoundly miserable on their own”.

I can see two sides to this 

40 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ouch 

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

G'on the students and their house parties! 

There was a really interesting documentary on Radio 4 last autumn about first year uni students, following the exploits of the rules followers and breakers. 

When young people stop rebelling against the rules imposed by older generations then we really have failed.

Exactly isn’t that what students are meant to do ! Sad world if they don’t 

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

G'on the students and their house parties! 

There was a really interesting documentary on Radio 4 last autumn about first year uni students, following the exploits of the rules followers and breakers. 

When young people stop rebelling against the rules imposed by older generations then we really have failed.

Nothing more noble than rebelling and hastening gran's trip six feet underground, right enough.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Nothing more noble than rebelling and hastening gran's trip six feet underground, right enough.

Yes and now “ gran” and “ grandpa “ now not giving a heck apparently shopping mask less after their vaccinations if stories on this are to be believed ! Swings and roundabouts . 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes and now “ gran” and “ grandpa “ now not giving a heck apparently shopping mask less after their vaccinations if stories on this are to be believed ! Swings and roundabouts . 

Which is also infuriating, yes. People young or old making good faith efforts to preserve the health and life of others is not indicative of us having "really failed", in either case.

Just now, jonesy said:

Well, if their tuition money is wrapped up in gran's last will and testament, then I applaud their strategising.

#EnglishUniStudentProblems though, amirite?

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Which is also infuriating, yes. People young or old making good faith efforts to preserve the health and life of others is not indicative of us having "really failed", in either case.

👍

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What a load of shite.

Don’t kink-shame the Chinese jonno! If they want to **** bats and pangolins (I saw it on that South Park documentary), then stick giant matchsticks up their arse, who are we to judge. 

Nucky Thompson

Got a slight sore arm this morning after the vaccine yesterday.

Another thing I noticed was that I couldn't lift a 2'x2' slab. Bent down to lift it and had absolutely no power :lol:

I can usually lift them with my pinkie as well.

Apart from that, I fell brilliant 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

11 deaths today 

Sorry to hear about those deaths but 11 is going the right way which is great . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

A wee hint of small easing of restrictions next week🙂

Oh what was said ? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh what was said ? 

James leitch will give more info shortly.

it will outdoors apparently 

Scotland has recorded 11 deaths from coronavirus and 498 positive tests in the past 24 hours, Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

It brings the death toll under this measure – of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days – to 7,409.

Speaking at the Scottish Government’s coronavirus briefing, she said the daily test positivity rate is 3.1%, up from 2.5% the previous day.

There are 666 people in hospital confirmed to have the virus, down 52 in 24 hours, and 64 patients are in intensive care, down three.

3fingersreid

My wife’s friend lost her dad to COVID this week , went into hospital with a broken nose after a fall, contracted COVID on a ward and passed away earlier this week.

Im sorry but holidays abroad , opening up public events football, rugby concerts etc and a general return to normality  still seems a hell of a way off to be safe for me . 
I also watched in disbelief this week whilst driving past a school as groups of parents stood chatting after picking up their kids as if normality was back . There will be another peak . 

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

My wife’s friend lost her dad to COVID this week , went into hospital with a broken nose after a fall, contracted COVID on a ward and passed away earlier this week.

Very sorry to hear that. As you rightly indicated we still need to take heed of the rules and be patient.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic