Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

any essential stuff you can get at B&Q will still be on sale at a merchant just now anyway.

At a fraction of the price.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst

Today's update from the SFA following the Holyrood announcement. i.e. we haven't a clue. 

Response to Scottish Government road map out of lockdown

The Joint Response Group notes the First Minister’s road map out of lockdown outlined at Holyrood today.

We await further clarification from ministers in the coming days on the implications for Scottish football at all levels, including leagues and clubs currently under the Scottish FA suspension and the wider grassroots game.

We will provide a more detailed update when ministers outline the road map for affected areas of Scottish football.

The JRG is committed to working with government to ensure the national game is primed to return within the ‘progressive easing’ timeline announced today. 

willie wallace
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm pulling your leg :biggrin2:

I got the letter today and there is nothing in the leaflet about not drinking alcohol after the jab.

You'll be fine. Enjoy :thumbsup:

I know.Just going to have a wee whisky.Cheers👍

willie wallace
11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Had a beer or 4 after my vaccine the other day (also the Pfizer one).

After looking online, there doesn't seem to be any interactions with alcohol, or reasons you can't have a swally.  Didn't do me any harm, and the only side effect was a small hangover :lol:

:cheers: 

If in doubt always take the advice offered on here👍

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

I know.Just going to have a wee whisky.Cheers👍

It had better be a reasonable malt to celebrate your jab, not some run-of-the-mill blended effort. ;)

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Today's update from the SFA following the Holyrood announcement. i.e. we haven't a clue. 

Response to Scottish Government road map out of lockdown

The Joint Response Group notes the First Minister’s road map out of lockdown outlined at Holyrood today.

We await further clarification from ministers in the coming days on the implications for Scottish football at all levels, including leagues and clubs currently under the Scottish FA suspension and the wider grassroots game.

We will provide a more detailed update when ministers outline the road map for affected areas of Scottish football.

The JRG is committed to working with government to ensure the national game is primed to return within the ‘progressive easing’ timeline announced today. 

Is football training for kids allowed just now? I was surprised to see a well known youth team training on Sunday morning.

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh it makes sense what they're doing but Dobbies and B&Q either is, or isn't, essential though. They're expanding essential to include some non-essentials that they've chosen. I'm not digging them out as I agree with the move, just feel it highlights that it's very much selected retailer(s) rather than whether they actually are essential or not. There's not much that Dobbies sells that's remotely essential and any essential stuff you can get at B&Q will still be on sale at a merchant just now anyway.

This has annoyed me too. Meanwhile supermarkets can just sell whatever they want and hoover up huge chunks of income from small independents.

Meanwhile small independents get shafted for rents left right and centre while unable to trade. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Don’t want to answer another posters question but.....

One of the most likely initial modelling scenarios was 80% of U.K. population would  get it and gave a 1% mortality rate. Would be about 520k deaths. It’s maybe a bit generous with the rounding but the scenario was what was used right at the outset. 

I remember Witty talking about a health committee early doors.

thanks

that looks like it assumes a uniform mortality rate which I don’t think has been proven to be the case 

surprised it would be used as any sort of estimate now but maybe it is

12 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Is football training for kids allowed just now? I was surprised to see a well known youth team training on Sunday morning.

Nope. 

willie wallace
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It had better be a reasonable malt to celebrate your jab, not some run-of-the-mill blended effort. ;)

Probably Balvenie or maybe Gentleman Jack.

21 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I had the AZ one and had a headache, relieved with paracetamol and felt clammy for some of the next day. Don’t laugh, but at first I convinced myself I had caught Covid prior to getting the vaccine and that was why I was feeling ropey. Felt like a bit of a cock when I felt better later in the day 😀

Good that it was just after effects and not Covid. Same thing happens with the flu-jag, folk often think it gave them flu. 

I got the Pfizer, arm feels like it's been punched a few times, apart from that pretty good. Set-up at the centre I went to was decent, you end up in one of a couple rows of observation pods after the jag to be observed for adverse reactions. 15 minutes and you can go.

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

No reason to dislike someone imo.

Priti Patel Is Hot (@HotPriti) | Twitter

:wub:

I bet she bites. I'd say get help but, well, it would definitely be out of spite :P

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

She nae Toyah that's for sure 😁

She's progressed from freeing the perkies to flashing her nicks, so a 'friend' tells me. She's on the bill for the retro festival in Dalkeith in June, which was postponed from last year. Hard to know whether it will go ahead since our route out of lockdown is a tad vague. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

New state run bars will open from July, just as soon as she can decimate the remaining pubs. Vouchers will be issued to all citizens and discount schemes will operate for those who have never done a day's work in their life. That's the "progressive" plan.

So her cunning plan all along was to supplant the odd-ball who runs Wetherspoons, aye? 

Get help. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 hours ago, Gards said:

Not sure where you're based but in our street we've had houses with tradesman working in them for months....we've got painters confirmed coming in for our ceilings next week....so not really seeing tradesman work being curtailed?

It’s against the law to have non-essential work done....so they are breaking the law

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Think Tambo is trying to follow the rules though in fairness to him.

Spot on Taffin....it’s also written in law

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

I am guessing that BJ was probably under pressure from his back bencher's and the bigger business groups to put dates into his road map on the basis they would argue strongly that planning is required for the economic path.  The problem now is that BJ has dates but every time you turn on the telly folk chatting down south seem to be working to these dates not using them as possible's or as a from date.  I understand business needs to plan, folk are weary and so on but this could really bite BJ's bum big time if he has to pull back and revert to a even more cautious approach.  I also understand that optimism is a good thing and BJ is trying to give people hope.  I get where he is at.  

Up here all I know is it is historic, in our DNA and we do not seem to be such an optimistic bunch, more doom and gloom and glass half full types.  And I include myself in that at times, perhaps it is how we have been educated and/or brought up.  NS does not do optimism and that style obviously appeals to the masses or I honestly do not believe she would continue with that.  Today's announcements, and the way they were delivered were, for me part of the plan to get the people to put the crosses in the right boxes in May.  

Time will tell how this all pans out but I am off to Garve on a walking holiday on 6th June come hell or high water :)

I think the cautious approach that appeals to the masses was on message for 2020 when things were so uncertain.  I strongly believe she has misjudged it this time.

Just imagine a scenario where the data allows pub beer gardens to open in England on 12th April.  Imagine also the hospitalisations and deaths keep dropping at the rate they are.   

We could be in a situation in Scotland where we have weeks of watching England enjoying outdoor hospitality in the spring sunshine where we are still mostly locked down despite hospitalisations being right down and despite Scotland having lower prevalence of the virus.  

Of course there will always be some of the SNP faithful who will back NS’s cautious approach come what may.  But I believe for the vast majority, particularly given how many will have been vaccinated to some degree, that it is really going to be a huge frustration.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 hours ago, Gards said:

Well there's plenty fairly well established companies who aren't then.

Get me their well established names and I will personally ask them why they think they are above the law? 
When I’m on it, why do you think you are above the law? 

Just now, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Get me their well established names and I will personally ask them why they think they are above the law? 
When I’m on it, why do you think you are above the law? 

Mate, don't start with me.  We organised the work in December and they were due to start January.  They postponed due to lockdown and then emailed us couple of weeks back saying due to some of the relaxing of rules they could start beginning of March.

Sorry you're suffering through all this but we've done all this above board and if you think I'm giving you the names of the companies working in our street, you can forget it.

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Every tradesman I know have never been busier. You might have stopped but I don’t know any others who have. 

That’s a lie, I know many who have stopped and it’s law so they should not be doing non-essential work in people’s houses. 
It’s people like them who cause this issue to carry on...selfish basses 

Carl Fredrickson
23 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I think that under 12s are allowed to do non-contact training. My daughter is 5 and  is still attending a Saturday morning class. The classes are shorter, less coaches and is non contact training. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Gards said:

Mate, don't start with me.  We organised the work in December and they were due to start January.  They postponed due to lockdown and then emailed us couple of weeks back saying due to some of the relaxing of rules they could start beginning of March.

Sorry you're suffering through all this but we've done all this above board and if you think I'm giving you the names of the companies working in our street, you can forget it.

Where’s the rules relaxed? 
Ive got a years work in the book and I can’t get it done. 
It is Law in Scotland. Hope they get rammed with £1000 fine. Sick of all the folk who think they are above the law. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s like all modelling, a scenario and little more. 1% is just averaging the mortality rates across the age groups. So as scenarios go it’s up there with Gov Tarkins instructions 🤷🏻‍♂️

yes so at the start where someone has to come up with something and given the nature of the situation maybe going on the side of caution it seems like a debatable but not inappropriate starting point

im surprised anyone would be using it now though

gt’s calculation probably a good few versions on from it

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

That's how much this lot care about education, in reality. Schools should never have been closed at all. 

That's just really silly. You have to be better than this and be above such nonsense. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think you know the meaning of word lie. Every tradesmanI know has never been busier. Granted I only know about 5. 

Doubt we know the same tradesman 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t lie had a bundle of work done over this lockdown period. All cash in hand as well. Win win 👍

Aye proud of you, folk like you that take food out of my kids mouth. 
It’s the law, hope they get done as I said. 

205ACF59-E09D-4D56-97D1-38C56170BDAB.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Can’t lie had a bundle of work done over this lockdown period. All cash in hand as well. Win win 👍

:jjyay:

11 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

It’s against the law to have non-essential work done....so they are breaking the law

I drive past a large building site every day and loads of workmen there standing laughing and joking away with each other but tradesmen can’t work alone safely on their own to make some money.... crazy times 

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, theshed said:

I drive past a large building site every day and loads of workmen there standing laughing and joking away with each other but tradesmen can’t work alone safely on their own to make some money.... crazy times 

I don’t disagree but I can’t afford to be fined a grand so I’ll take the gov grant and wait it out. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

For which one😃 I am not that clued up on the technical side.

Balvenie

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Signature is where it's at.

It sounds good so may try it out, cheers. Where do you get it?

Edited by redjambo

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Lord BJ said:

How am I taking food out your mouth😂

I would never employ you. You don’t have the ‘can do attitude’  I like. 

Aye you sir are a hero. 

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Just seen the publication, I’m in phase 4 😂

96EDFD74-12CA-4A52-AB97-8E1BDBFEB38B.jpeg

Can you not be liberal regarding the word "essential"?

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, redjambo said:

Can you not be liberal regarding the word "essential"?

Sometimes mate but some neighbours are just grasses so the fine is just not worth it. 

8 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

For which one😃 I am not that clued up on the technical side.

No problem. I just had someone tell me recently that their favourite whisky was the Balvenie Double Wood and I wondered if you had it and, if so, what you thought of it.

Enjoy all the same! :)

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It sounds good so may try it out, cheers. Where do you get it?

It's discontinued, but you can still pick up the odd bottle online.

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Aye proud of you, folk like you that take food out of my kids mouth. 
It’s the law, hope they get done as I said. 

205ACF59-E09D-4D56-97D1-38C56170BDAB.jpeg

My reading of that statement is that most trades can continue to operate indoors under Level 4 restrictions.

Replacing a boiler or having a room repainted or a carpet fitted could reasonably be argued to be essential for the upkeep and maintenance of a property.

In fact, I had a new suite delivered in January that required to be assembled in situ. The only expectation on myself was that I stayed outside the room while the sofa and chairs were assembled.

Edited by Footballfirst

33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Good that it was just after effects and not Covid. Same thing happens with the flu-jag, folk often think it gave them flu. 

I got the Pfizer, arm feels like it's been punched a few times, apart from that pretty good. Set-up at the centre I went to was decent, you end up in one of a couple rows of observation pods after the jag to be observed for adverse reactions. 15 minutes and you can go.

I bet she bites. I'd say get help but, well, it would definitely be out of spite :P

She's progressed from freeing the perkies to flashing her nicks, so a 'friend' tells me. She's on the bill for the retro festival in Dalkeith in June, which was postponed from last year. Hard to know whether it will go ahead since our route out of lockdown is a tad vague. 

So her cunning plan all along was to supplant the odd-ball who runs Wetherspoons, aye? 

Get help. 

Who mentioned Wetherspoons?. The power crazy wee s**te would love to control how and when we drink alcohol. Don't delude yourself otherwise. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

My reading of that statement is that most trades can continue to operate indoors under Level 4 restrictions.

Replacing a boiler or having a room repainted or a carpet fitted could reasonably be argued to be essential for the upkeep and maintenance of a property.

Yes I agree FF but what about, kitchen refits, bathrooms, doors n floors?

Its the ordinary man that struggles to bypass or bend the rules. Plumbers and sparks are always essential. 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Yes I agree FF but what about, kitchen refits, bathrooms, doors n floors?

Its the ordinary man that struggles to bypass or bend the rules. Plumbers and sparks are always essential. 

I don't see any difference with kitchens, bathrooms etc. If it came to the crunch you just claim that doors were falling off or the shower or bath was leaking or faulty, carpet was worn and therefore a trip risk.  Whether you replace a carpet with a wood flooring would be your choice, but it is maintenance or upkeep all the same. 

I've seen double glazing installed in my own street within the last week or so.

Edited by Footballfirst

27 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Just seen the publication, I’m in phase 4 😂

96EDFD74-12CA-4A52-AB97-8E1BDBFEB38B.jpeg

As long as your local authority isn't put into L4 based on the current L4 restrictions.

Hopefully there is some relaxing on the L4 restrictions but more importantly your LA isn't placed in L4 either.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

On a cheerier note I have my appointment for a jag/jab on Monday. It is a drive thru one, wonder if I can ask for fries with it :) 

I think they already come with micro chips. :laugh:

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

under 12s only allowed for non contact training. No adults are allowed to watch

Toxteth O'Grady
10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

under 12s only allowed for non contact training. No adults are allowed to watch

Ah that’s Ok - they were young and the parents sat in their cars and could watch from there

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't see any difference with kitchens, bathrooms etc. If it came to the crunch you just claim that doors were falling off or the shower or bath was leaking or faulty, carpet was worn and therefore a trip risk.  Whether you replace a carpet with a wood flooring would be your choice, but it is maintenance or upkeep all the same. 

I've seen double glazing installed in my own street within the last week or so.

You could just about get away with making a case for any inside work as essential.

The police aren't even checking up on tradesmen, that's how much of a grey area it is

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic