Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

29 minutes ago, LMc said:

Having a look, were only a couple weeks behind the dates of England opening up I think. Non-essential retail and outdoor hospitality middle of April which would be similar to level 3 would it not? Which is penciled in for end of April?

Level 3 is reduced hours and no alcohol. Not much of a boost for hospitality. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The Beeb summary is:

She said there would be a "progressive easing" of restrictions before then, with four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

All primary and more secondary school pupils could return from that date.

It is hoped to lift the stay at home restriction on 5 April.

I assume I've misunderstood something here but I thought the "stay at home" instruction meant you had to stay at home unless it was for an essential purpose like shopping, medical appointments or similar: Is exercise the only purpose you can meet up with others under the "stay at home" guidelines?

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That’s would I thought. Pretty ignorant or she thinks people won’t notice. 🙄

So are Fife and Glasgow schools. 

No point in losing sleep over this, look forward to August 21. Hearts back in top league and fans back in Tynecastle and defending Scottish Cup after our trouncing if Rangers in this seasons final. 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Whether you like her or not, you have to admit that she's had a tough time of it all. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes anyway.

No danger. I feel quite sorry for her tbh.

There will hopefully be some spectacular improvements in data soon. As the vaccines kick in. Most of the improvements so far seem due to lockdown. 

I thought Boris should have been more cautious re dates. He has more pressure inside his party. A lot of unhappy people who just booked holidays. 

Even Boris has been saying this has to be the final lockdown with no going back. 

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Outdoor hospitality is closed at Level 3.  You will need Level 1 before you can have a beer in a pub.

Outdoor and indoor hospitality is open in level three you just can't serve alcohol 🤷‍♂️

You can't have a beer in a pub in England till mid May which would align with level 2 up here albeit with a meal our outside without meal.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m not a supporter of her or her party but I think NS has made the correct decision in going slowly slowly . No point in opening up only to go back the way again . 
I’m not a supporter of him or his party but BJ has said he hopes things are back to normal by 21st June , however he did also say that was IF everything was still okay , although the MSM have chosen to ignore that part of his statement . 

I can’t believe that people are booking holidays at the rate they are , one they might not get there and if they did how would they feel about bringing anything back ? Need a break stay in Britain and help our economy recover . 

I booked a holiday to Turkey for end of June in October last year before things got worse again.  Well accommodation only, not the flights. I'm not going to bother with it though in case there are travel corridors and isolating rules etc still in place by then.  We're one of the leading countries in the world in terms of vaccination process so there are going to be many countries way behind.

Thing that annoys me though is the price of staying on these shores.  Decent self catering accommodation for a family of 4 is outrageous.  

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Level 3 is reduced hours and no alcohol. Not much of a boost for hospitality. 

And it's only outdoors in England from April untill May 🤷‍♂️ When the pubs open indoors we should be in level 2 when the pubs are open for indoors and outdoors here.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Not at all surprised at this announcement . Clearly it’s a replica of Boris without the dates  just in case she gets her fingers burnt .  The big concern was her view that by summer there will be “ lesser restrictions “ unlike  Boris assertion there will be none . Worrying . 

You are a treat 🤣

I wouldn’t say worrying. Hancock went against what BJ said yesterday. BJ reiterating today its almost a guarantee itll be like Covey never visited after 21st June. If anything delays that its going to be really damaging to peoples mental health. Its just a different approach. Enzo , you , Jonesy have a different outlook in terms of things and thats fair enough. At Times it is worth arguing about approaches. These two approaches are broadly similar.

Fire_At_The_Disco

The ordinary tradesman rammed right up the arse again I see. If your wanting new floors, doors, painting, plasterwork, kitchens & bathrooms you will just have to wait. If your lucky your local tradesman may still be in a fit state to do it in May. But if yer wean is getting on yer tits you can send it off to get a dose of COVID at school. 

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

The ordinary tradesman rammed right up the arse again I see. If your wanting new floors, doors, painting, plasterwork, kitchens & bathrooms you will just have to wait. If your lucky your local tradesman may still be in a fit state to do it in May. But if yer wean is getting on yer tits you can send it off to get a dose of COVID at school. 

Not sure where you're based but in our street we've had houses with tradesman working in them for months....we've got painters confirmed coming in for our ceilings next week....so not really seeing tradesman work being curtailed?

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't get the essential retail bit. Surely it is, or isn't essential? What's going to change that will make more retailers become essential?

1 minute ago, Gards said:

Not sure where you're based but in our street we've had houses with tradesman working in them for months....we've got painters confirmed coming in for our ceilings next week....so not really seeing tradesman work being curtailed?

Think Tambo is trying to follow the rules though in fairness to him.

Just now, Taffin said:

Think Tambo is trying to follow the rules though in fairness to him.

Well there's plenty fairly well established companies who aren't then.

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Why are so many tradesman just working as normal. I know a boy that fits blinds for a living, he’s been really busy. Boy at works old man is a kitchen fitter and he’s been working. Painter and decorator along the road from me is working.

13 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I booked a holiday to Turkey for end of June in October last year before things got worse again.  Well accommodation only, not the flights. I'm not going to bother with it though in case there are travel corridors and isolating rules etc still in place by then.  We're one of the leading countries in the world in terms of vaccination process so there are going to be many countries way behind.

Thing that annoys me though is the price of staying on these shores.  Decent self catering accommodation for a family of 4 is outrageous.  

Buy a tent and wild camping is your friend... fish for yer tea , squirrel for breakfast , rabbit for lunch , deer/coo for sunday lunch 👌🏻

15 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You’re correct about the cost of holidays here and I hope that people don’t put up prices further to try and recuperate any loses as longer term it will work against them .

Your point about the differences in vaccine roll out is also valid 

2 minutes ago, Gards said:

Congrats on your 10,000 posts 🙂

Thanks. Shorter than most of my rambles 👍 

Edited by Taffin

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why are so many tradesman just working as normal. I know a boy that fits blinds for a living, he’s been really busy. Boy at works old man is a kitchen fitter and he’s been working. Painter and decorator along the road from me is working.

They have to work or they’d starve 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

True, I can imagine these announcements can be tough on certain sectors if you are hoping for something. I didn't see mention of indoor tradesmen working in England being lifted, is it still allowed?

Not sure, I'm actually more in the loop about Scottish tradesmen due to friends back home. Those I've spoken to have been quite firmly sticking to the essential work criteria, but in defence of others, they'll still be doing okay due to a lot of their work being essential anyway.

I'm not judging those who aren't by the way, just saying fair play to Tambo who is getting hacked off because he is following the rules.

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

They have to work or they’d starve 

Wasn’t what I meant. The ones who choose not to are unfairly penalised. If it can’t be enforced it should be advice rather than a rule. Seems a really unfair situation. 

So still no data released from either government yet as to the metric levels as to what is likely needed to move from one cycle to another.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it but is there anything in this regarding kids and adults football returning ?

Nope, disgraceful. All grass roots sports has been forgotten.

I get the not wanting to give dates (even though she did) and wanting to be cautious with things but why not give a route or a list of what she plans to open if the data allows from beyond end of April?

Just now we have a we plan to move back to tiers like before but whats in them could change. We want to open the economy but no mention of what order things will be done. 

All that could have been given today with no dates but instead she wants people to come back in 3 weeks. 

Why if she is being driven by data? She could tell us the plans for what and add in the when depending on data. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn’t what I meant. The ones who choose not to are unfairly penalised. If it can’t be enforced it should be advice rather than a rule. Seems a really unfair situation. 

It is unfair. 
A house down the road from me is having scaffolding put up back and front as we speak. So there is work going on. 

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Most tradesmen I know have had the best year in ages.

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Buy a tent and wild camping is your friend... fish for yer tea , squirrel for breakfast , rabbit for lunch , deer/coo for sunday lunch 👌🏻

😄 If it was a weekend away without the kids (or the Mrs) then this would be right up my street.  Except the squirrel, they should all be wearing Hibs tops. Vermin.

Edited by Byyy The Light
Don't want the Mrs sharing my new tent either

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Kids contact football would be end of April, non contact outdoor for 12/17 year olds is mid March I think. No specifics yet though.

Not seen anything yet on u12s ? Guess SFA bigwigs will be along to clarify

Looks like any 17+ footballers will be waiting for a while yet

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Nope, disgraceful. All grass roots sports has been forgotten.

Yep pretty disappointing, if they can go to school they can play foootball. 

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No, but on the basis we’re going back to the tier system think it would be hitting tier 1. If your talking about watching hearts. 

Kids outdoor sports I thought was provisionally 15 March, 

Doubt tier system will look same as previously though. 

It’s more playing than watching. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Kids contact football would be end of April, non contact outdoor for 12/17 year olds is mid March I think. No specifics yet though.

cheers, nothing for playing adults football ? 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Most tradesmen I know have had the best year in ages.

Hearing the same. There’s a company coming round to put a block paving driveway down for me on Monday and he’s never been so busy. 

7 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

I get the not wanting to give dates (even though she did) and wanting to be cautious with things but why not give a route or a list of what she plans to open if the data allows from beyond end of April?

Just now we have a we plan to move back to tiers like before but whats in them could change. We want to open the economy but no mention of what order things will be done. 

All that could have been given today with no dates but instead she wants people to come back in 3 weeks. 

Why if she is being driven by data? She could tell us the plans for what and add in the when depending on data. 

Wonder if we will consider aligning local authority tiering metrics to the 5 WHO indicators that detetminr hiw much the virus is under control.

Screenshot_20210223-155152_Drive.thumb.jpg.0cf7c11b42e76b79d518c48c4ee1fd71.jpg

joondalupjambo

I am guessing that BJ was probably under pressure from his back bencher's and the bigger business groups to put dates into his road map on the basis they would argue strongly that planning is required for the economic path.  The problem now is that BJ has dates but every time you turn on the telly folk chatting down south seem to be working to these dates not using them as possible's or as a from date.  I understand business needs to plan, folk are weary and so on but this could really bite BJ's bum big time if he has to pull back and revert to a even more cautious approach.  I also understand that optimism is a good thing and BJ is trying to give people hope.  I get where he is at.  

Up here all I know is it is historic, in our DNA and we do not seem to be such an optimistic bunch, more doom and gloom and glass half full types.  And I include myself in that at times, perhaps it is how we have been educated and/or brought up.  NS does not do optimism and that style obviously appeals to the masses or I honestly do not believe she would continue with that.  Today's announcements, and the way they were delivered were, for me part of the plan to get the people to put the crosses in the right boxes in May.  

Time will tell how this all pans out but I am off to Garve on a walking holiday on 6th June come hell or high water :)

Edited by joondalupjambo

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hearing the same. There’s a company coming round to put a block paving driveway down for me on Monday and he’s never been so busy. 

Gardening facilities allowed aren't they?

Tenuous with a new driveway.

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

:oohmatron:

😁

Yup, as soon as I posted I realised that it was open to erm... ‘misinterpretation’

How about ‘may one invite members of a different household into one’s garden?’

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic