Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, Gards said:

So basically:-

- We stay in lockdown/stay at home until end April

- Schools will be opened up more up to that point

- There may be some relaxation on worship and click and collect - but nothing really changes outside of that from now to end April

- At end April we move back to levels....likely to be level 3

- The above may be accelerated if numbers go better than expected.

Sound about right?

If so....sigh

aye 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i'm just pissed off at her moving the goal posts and worry that she will do the same again come the tier system. appreciate all your stats by the way and wasn't having a go at you

:) No worries, FtS. I'm not saying the tier system is perfect, because it isn't. More than happy to debate with you though. :thumb: Hope you're doing well, despite everything that's going on.

8 weeks of lockdown.  Get as many vaccinated as possible.  It is what it is I guess.

Boris Johnson’s speech yesterday doesn’t half put the pressure on him

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

So Lothian’s and Edinburgh could go into a high tier come may and still everywhere would be shut  🙈

And if Furlough is withdrawn before then by Sunak business won’t survive

29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't get this negativity about tiers. Different parts of the country will have different Covid profiles - it makes sense that they are treated differently. It's almost guaranteed that we will move back to them in some form or another so it's as if some on this thread are just setting themselves up to be angry again. There are plenty things to get more angry about that than a focussed and compartmentalised approach to defeating Covid.

Mash mash mash the keyboard all day long 😉

Agree with you , I think the heath boards is a good way to look at it or hospital catchment areas. 

Havent heard her today as been cooking and playing Madden.

Anything interesting so I dont have to wade through the constant Waaaa , NS , waaaa Scots are a drain on society , waaaaa self loathing at being Scottish other than itll start to be eased at end of April if things remain on course

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

So Lothian’s and Edinburgh could go into a high tier come may and still everywhere would be shut  🙈

Polling station will be open week after but you cant go for a pint on the way back

What a waste of time that statement was, she could have saved half an hour, stood up and said lockdown remains in place until the end of April, if you’ve got kids they will be shortly going back to school. Less than 30 seconds it would have taken, rather than  Waffle, Waffle, Waffle. 

As an aside, to me she doesn’t look well and I’m wondering if she’s starting to feel a wee bit stressed out. 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The best part is that, by the time the restrictions are 'officially' lifted, most folk will have thumbed their nose at them anyway. The only part that we can't do is go to work. 

It's either naïve in the extreme or deliberately provocative.

Guaranteed and people can’t be blamed for that 

Dennis Reynolds

Having a look, were only a couple weeks behind the dates of England opening up I think. Non-essential retail and outdoor hospitality middle of April which would be similar to level 3 would it not? Which is penciled in for end of April?

2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

What a waste of time that statement was, she could have saved half an hour, stood up and said lockdown remains in place until the end of April, if you’ve got kids they will be shortly going back to school. Less than 30 seconds it would have taken, rather than  Waffle, Waffle, Waffle. 

As an aside, to me she doesn’t look well and I’m wondering if she’s starting to feel a wee bit stressed out. 

aren't we all.

Just now, LMc said:

Having a look, were only a couple weeks behind the dates of England opening up I think. Non-essential retail and outdoor hospitality middle of April which would be similar to level 3 would it not? Which is penciled in for end of April?

I guess it's the lack of certainty for business which is hard. It might be similar if you're tier 3 but you might go up or down in future. The UK approach gives business comfort that when they do open (whenever that may be) that's them open without risk of moving up a tier or then being in a tier where it's not allowed etc.

Don't think what she's said today is:

A) unreasonable

B ) a surprise 

They're obviously a fair way off in their planning from the UK govt as she said she isn't aware or the data etc that allowed the UK govt to arrive at the target dates they did. When she does deliver the roadmap for Scotland, I'm sure it will be broadly similar.

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

So a wee bit slower than England as everyone was predicting and yet people are losing their shit about it - 

She said there would be a "progressive easing" of restrictions before then, with four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

All primary and more secondary school pupils could return from that date.

It is hoped to lift the stay at home restriction on 5 April.

It's slower than England yet our numbers are better than England.  That's why I was optimistic to hear at least being on par with England.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Mash mash mash the keyboard all day long 😉

Agree with you , I think the heath boards is a good way to look at it or hospital catchment areas. 

Havent heard her today as been cooking and playing Madden.

Anything interesting so I dont have to wade through the constant Waaaa , NS , waaaa Scots are a drain on society , waaaaa self loathing at being Scottish other than itll start to be eased at end of April if things remain on course

I'll have to be honest, sadj, and say that I didn't listen to her either. I must have a word with her at some point and ask her not to schedule any more important announcements for the same time that I do my stats each day. :D I'm just banking on JKB and the Beeb providing a worthy synthesis of what she said.

The Beeb summary is:

The reopening of Scotland's economy - including shops, bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers - is expected to start in the last week of April, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

She said there would be a "progressive easing" of restrictions before then, with four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

Ms Sturgeon said it would be necessary to "rely very heavily" on restrictions to suppress the virus for "a bit longer".

She said the Scottish government's strategic framework was "deliberately cautious" at this stage.

"But in the coming weeks, if the data allows and positive trends continue, we will seek to accelerate the easing of restrictions," she said.

She said the Scottish government's strategic framework was "deliberately cautious" at this stage.

"But in the coming weeks, if the data allows and positive trends continue, we will seek to accelerate the easing of restrictions," she said.

Sounds reasonable to me.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Bloody hell, Sturgeon just defended Boris Johnson.  We are officially down the rabbit hole.  

:D

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     21 Feb 20 Feb 19 Feb 18 Feb 17 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     104 106 -2   103 105 106 105 108 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 224 224 0   214 217 234 233 214 ... 60
North Lanarkshire 4 3 180 180 0   179 172 175 166 170 ... 119
West Lothian 4 3 180 188 -8   203 231 215 198 192 ... 83
East Ayrshire 4 3 178 179 -1   186 210 238 278 331 ... 153
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 175 187 -12   182 184 202 205 228 ... 120
Clackmannanshire 4 3 165 188 -23   188 198 213 221 231 ... 148
Glasgow City 4 3 142 145 -3   130 132 134 130 137 ... 129
Renfrewshire 4 3 140 154 -14   154 164 162 173 183 ... 116
Stirling 4 3 137 131 +6   137 150 158 158 163 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 129 143 -14   135 118 111 105 110 ... 136
South Lanarkshire 4 3 128 129 -1   127 130 138 138 147 ... 120
East Renfrewshire 4 3 127 134 -7   118 137 136 111 106 ... 101
North Ayrshire 4 3 119 126 -7   128 124 126 122 132 ... 175
East Lothian 4 3 107 107 0   89 78 74 70 66 ... 148
Edinburgh City 4 3 97 95 +2   89 84 79 75 69 ... 109
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 93 86 +7   72 71 67 64 67 ... 70
Fife 4 3 67 73 -6   73 71 67 70 60 ... 97
South Ayrshire 4 3 67 66 +1   60 64 66 59 63 ... 98
Moray 4 1 64 75 -11   68 62 64 71 75 ... 13
Perth & Kinross 4 3 59 61 -2   63 56 64 64 56 ... 126
Dundee City 4 3 55 54 +1   53 53 53 50 43 ... 113
Highland 4/3 1 53 52 +1   54 52 51 53 61 ... 17
Angus 4 2 52 52 0   52 52 57 55 54 ... 37
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 52 45 +7   52 64 67 109 105 ... 22
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 51 53 -2   52 56 51 49 64 ... 32
Inverclyde 4 2 46 49 -3   57 54 62 84 94 ... 59
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 41 42 -1   50 50 56 61 45 ... 29
Scottish Borders 4 1 39 41 -2   40 38 30 28 31 ... 85
Aberdeenshire 4 3 37 36 +1   31 34 40 37 40 ... 88
Aberdeen City 4 3 24 25 -1   26 30 35 32 36 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   4 4 9 18 22 ... 0
Up Helly Aaland 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     19297 19088 +209   18743 18151 18490 17912 18318 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     4.9 5.0 -0.1   5.0 5.2 5.2 5.4 5.4 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1088 1131 -43   1172 1215 1256 1290 1322 ... 975
ICU     98 99 -1   99 100 101 104 106 ... 50
Deaths     35 34 +1   34 33 36 41 40 ... 25
All Vaccinations     29044 30448 -1404   32766 36952 41139 45314 48864    
1st Dose     25320 27185 -1865   29738 34171 38932 43746 47786    
2nd Dose     3724 3263 +461   3028 2781 2207 1568 1078    

👍

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I guess it's the lack of certainty for business which is hard. It might be similar if you're tier 3 but you might go up or down in future. The UK approach gives business comfort that when they do open (whenever that may be) that's them open without risk of moving up a tier or then being in a tier where it's not allowed etc.

Don't think what she's said today is:

A) unreasonable

B ) a surprise 

They're obviously a fair way off in their planning from the UK govt as she said she isn't aware or the data etc that allowed the UK govt to arrive at the target dates they did. When she does deliver the roadmap for Scotland, I'm sure it will be broadly similar.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Hopefully the mid March update is a bit clearer.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Sounds reasonable to me.

I’m out the loop a wee bit with what’s been going on but I think folk expected more than just back to level 3 by end of April. Just disappointment because people are itching to get back to normal. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m out the loop a wee bit with what’s been going on but I think folk expected more than just back to level 3 by end of April. Just disappointment because people are itching to get back to normal. 

Which will, presumably, have a greater chance of happening if 'the data allows and positive trends continue'.

Would it be worse to have expectations raised then dashed - again?

Just now, Barack said:

Fitba fans are oot the windae until the next season. Think we can assume that now fairly safely.

Aberdeen fund raiser coming up...

:pleasing:

yep, zero chance of going to games this season. 
Cormack will be hysterical now. 
definitely the best season to have been demoted tbh

52 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Only works in his favour if it is on a council level again.  If it is on NHS Board they are screwed (As will be in with Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire - and rely on Aberdeen for maternity care and ICU) 

The way it has been going these last few weeks, it will be Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire who don't want to get lumped in with Moray. :)

By the way, if I remember correctly and it was you with whom I had the discussion about how Moray would be affected by the pre-festive period, I doff my cap. You were right, their numbers did rise quite significantly compared to how they had fared historically, and they haven't yet been able to recover to where they were before.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'll have to be honest, sadj, and say that I didn't listen to her either. I must have a word with her at some point and ask her not to schedule any more important announcements for the same time that I do my stats each day. :D I'm just banking on JKB and the Beeb providing a worthy synthesis of what she said.

The Beeb summary is:

The reopening of Scotland's economy - including shops, bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers - is expected to start in the last week of April, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

Ms Sturgeon said it would be necessary to "rely very heavily" on restrictions to suppress the virus for "a bit longer".

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Sounds reasonable to me.

cheers Red

agree with you both , organising briefings at inconvenient times is a disgrace and what was said seems reasonable.

one point is the data not being available that was for BJ to make his statement as he said yesterday they had worked closely with devolved nations. 

Dont see anything said as a surprise and its broadly in line with England and I assume is also based in the declining numbers of vaccines making them choose the deliberately cautious approach.

BJ has said today in interviews words that could be taken as its all but a guarantee everything will be back to normal by 21st June. Thats putting an end date on it hours after Hancock said what can be interpreted as its likely dates will get knocked back. 

Just now, Boof said:

Which will, presumably, have a greater chance of happening if 'the data allows and positive trends continue'.

Would it be worse to have expectations raised then dashed - again?

Indeed. I think people’s expectations were raised today though. Personally, I’m quite disappointed but I’d rather a good surprise in a few weeks than told lifting of restrictions were delayed. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The way it has been going these last few weeks, it will be Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire who don't want to get lumped in with Moray. :)

By the way, if I remember correctly and it was you with whom I had the discussion about how Moray would be affected by the pre-festive period, I doff my cap. You were right, their numbers did rise quite significantly compared to how they had fared historically, and they haven't yet been able to recover to where they were before.

Yup all those bloody tory farmers and their keys in the bowl parties

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yup all those bloody tory farmers and their keys in the bowl parties

:D Someone needs to table a question on that at Holyrood.

55 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

WO, if you or any of your fellow lockdown disciples are struggling to move through the cerebral gearbox during the pandemic, Jonesy, James or any of the team will be able to help: [email protected]👍

👍😂

48 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think there is no harm in at least giving a nod to the dates mentioned by the PM as a guideline we hope to work to, let's show some unity in the devolved governments for once. 

Agreed 

46 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely this. The time to try and be different or score points is over. The PM made a great start to the process yesterday I was optimistic she would follow on from that. 

Agreed 

39 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

is she on speed she's talking at 100 mile an hour 

She’s talking like Vicky pollard . Or maybe she is on speed ? Explain thy sunken eyes or she needs a better make up artist 

28 minutes ago, Gards said:

So basically:-

- We stay in lockdown/stay at home until end April

- Schools will be opened up more up to that point

- There may be some relaxation on worship and click and collect - but nothing really changes outside of that from now to end April

- At end April we move back to levels....likely to be level 3

- The above may be accelerated if numbers go better than expected.

Sound about right?

If so....sigh

It’s all very cynical as I bet that things will “ accelerate “ and things mive quicker then a certain country beat us and she and the Govt are hailed and lauded for this , ching Ching more votes 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

A good shot there of Sturgeon with her head in her hands. 

Whether you like her or not, you have to admit that she's had a tough time of it all. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes anyway.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:D Someone needs to table a question on that at Holyrood.

Haha can you imagine.

Where is the looking at NS and her looking tired coming from , her and BJ have looked like shit for weeks both look like they haven’t slept in a year. Or... is it just the Salmond stuff people are looking more closely?

Not at all surprised at this announcement . Clearly it’s a replica of Boris without the dates  just in case she gets her fingers burnt .  The big concern was her view that by summer there will be “ lesser restrictions “ unlike  Boris assertion there will be none . Worrying . 

From the BBC: "The final phase of the return to school would take place on 5 April, when it is hoped to lift the stay at home restrictions."

Except that Edinburgh schools are on holiday from Fri 2nd April so, in reality, many secondary school kids (i assume S1-3) will not be returning until Tue 20nd April.

That's disgraceful.

17 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

So a wee bit slower than England as everyone was predicting and yet people are losing their shit about it - 

Wee bit slower than England :rofl:

Batshit mental you lot! 

18 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Not much use when you cannot go out your LA boundary to meet up (outside) with your family all of 15 miles away!!

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Whether you like her or not, you have to admit that she's had a tough time of it all. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes anyway.

Neither would I she’s about a size 4 ruin my feet 

I’m not a supporter of her or her party but I think NS has made the correct decision in going slowly slowly . No point in opening up only to go back the way again . 
I’m not a supporter of him or his party but BJ has said he hopes things are back to normal by 21st June , however he did also say that was IF everything was still okay , although the MSM have chosen to ignore that part of his statement . 

I can’t believe that people are booking holidays at the rate they are , one they might not get there and if they did how would they feel about bringing anything back ? Need a break stay in Britain and help our economy recover . 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

GinRummy wants to be her bra, going by earlier statements. 

Think a wee bit sick just came up when I read that. 

Disappointed but completely surprised. Hopefully the data supports opening up slightly quicker but history as shown she will always be overly cautious. 

Did she give a date of 5th April for reminder of secondary schools returning ? 

37 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s so clearly not the only implication though is it.  His point was that no furlough would mean a faster reopening than he thinks NS intends to do.  

But you knew that.  

Scrapping furlough would not lead to NS instantly scrapping all restrictions.

But you knew that.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

From the BBC: "The final phase of the return to school would take place on 5 April, when it is hoped to lift the stay at home restrictions."

Except that Edinburgh schools are on holiday from Fri 2nd April so, in reality, many secondary school kids (i assume S1-3) will not be returning until Tue 20nd April.

That's disgraceful.

That’s would I thought. Pretty ignorant or she thinks people won’t notice. 🙄

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, LMc said:

Outdoor hospitality is closed at Level 3.  You will need Level 1 before you can have a beer in a pub.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic