• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Tier 4 restrictions look like having an effect now, hopefully we see all the numbers start to drop soon and we can start arguing about tiers and pubs again.

Indeed, my boss reckons we will be open around March/April, I didn’t ask what year 😱🙈😜

6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I also am now wondering if it was referring to this time last year, I was just getting my coffee on when I saw it, between age and still half  asleepness I may have made an error. I will check shortly, if I erred it was in error and I apologise sincerely.

Shijiazhuang and Xingtai cities in Hebei have reported COVID-19 outbreaks for the past two weeks as infection numbers rise.

No error...:thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Wouldn’t put it past them. Can’t see them being able to gain much of an idea about the real cause, or timeline, of the original outbreak. The Chinese will be very cute at pointing them in the direction they want the WHO to look. 

If it came out of that laboratory in Wuhan, they’ll never get to prove it.

Are there flights currently from the UK to that region?

Pimloco to introduce, 'no jab, no job' policy.

Mullins said in an interview with City A.M. “When we go off to Africa and Caribbean countries, we have to have a jab for malaria – we don’t think about it, we just do it." 

What have they been getting injected with? Not sure he sounds like a guy who's medical advice his staff should listen to.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Saw they are monitoring the Brazilian strain but haven’t thought about stopping flights as everyone arriving has to isolate

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There seem to be, although the Chinese were talking about banning flights from the UK. A bit ironic since the UK government did little to discourage travel from China when they were spreading the original virus.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

There seem to be, although the Chinese were talking about banning flights from the UK. A bit ironic since the UK government did little to discourage travel from China when they were spreading the original virus.

Same as Brazil they banned travel

from the UK in December over our strain

Just now, jonesy said:

I'd like to think not, Pasquale. I've taken responsibility for my own actions for the last 10 or so months, as I advocate everyone else doing. Followed the advice where I deem it to be reasonable and sensible, and ignored the bits that are just made up in order to 'govern' rather than let folk carry on.

People taking responsibility for both their health and their actions - and the consequences of both - would be too much for some of the spoon-fed so-called adults populating the western world.

👌🏻 Great post

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They should have though, and from everywhere else really. Or at least put in Singapore style restrictions. 

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

I think you need malaria tablets/jabs if you plan on going to The Dominican Republic, or Haiti.🤔

Why the **** you'd want to go to Haiti though, unless as an aid worker, I suppose.

As far as I'm aware, and I could be wrong (in which case, joke's on me!), you don't get anti-malarials in a jab? 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd like to think not, Pasquale. I've taken responsibility for my own actions for the last 10 or so months, as I advocate everyone else doing. Followed the advice where I deem it to be reasonable and sensible, and ignored the bits that are just made up in order to 'govern' rather than let folk carry on.

People taking responsibility for both their health and their actions - and the consequences of both - would be too much for some of the spoon-fed so-called adults populating the western world.

I’m not sure if you have advocated taking responsibility but if you have I apologise. 
Unfortunately some folk can’t really take responsibility for their actions, for many reasons but most have my sympathy. The fans of the ugly sisters congregating outside grounds or those having party’s or just generally breaking rules not so much. I’ve done it all my life and had little or no sympathy, feels weird being on the other side for once. Hypocrisy I know. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dunno. Never had malaria. :lol:  I've gone and ****ed it now, haven't I...?! :(

Do we still get the polio sugarcubes?!

Could just as easily be me who's cocked up and you do get anti-malarials in a jab, but I've only ever been aware of and taken tablets.

If you don't though, his thought process of don't think about it, just get injected does make you wonder what he's been having injected when he's gone for his "jab for Malaria". Unless he's talking about treatment, in which case it's not a great example.

Either way, was only meant light-heartedly until you made me doubt whether I'm even right 😂

As for Polio, no idea, I didn't even know that was a thing!

Edit: polio sugar cubes that is, I'm aware of polio 😂

Edited by Taffin

7 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Stretching it there like 🙈

Maybe apply common sense in your actions and a lot of that above is limited. As for masks in sexual acts , pretty sure thats just common for some 😉

Edited by sadj

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I think there's always exceptions, often with very fair cause - mental or physical incapacity shouldn't lead to people being thrown to the gutter in a wealthy society such as ours.

We all change as we age, and our views on how life ought to be lived will inevitably be modified to match.

Absolutely, I’m becoming more militant and inclined to not obey rules and restrictions unless lives are at stake if course. Thankfully that seems to buck the general trend of becoming more selfish and conservative as you get older though.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re probably obese then, the term makes folk think of those 600lb people. George Clooney for instance is classed as obese because of the way it’s calculated. 
I just crashed/crushed the website 😱🙈
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/

I am 12 stone.. which is not bad as i am 4 foot 7 !  :) 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I agree that people need to take responsibility for their health etc. Unfortunately we have a nanny state which preaches instead of educates the populace to take that responsibility.   It is laudable what the SG are trying to achieve health wise but I just think the message can be partitioning and condescending much like the oft repeated FACTS repeated ad nausea. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

So communism is being perpetrated by U.K./USA/Brazil/Turkey/Israel/Germany/France/Hungary to name a few? Looks more fascism to me. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I agree that people need to take responsibility for their health etc. Unfortunately we have a nanny state which preaches instead of educates the populace to take that responsibility.   It is laudable what the SG are trying to achieve health wise but I just think the message can be partitioning and condescending much like the oft repeated FACTS repeated ad nausea. 

Education needs to move away from pish like BMI etc and onto the correct indicators of things 

Body Fat %

Visceral Fat levels

Hormone production levels

Amino Production levels

Cardiovascular strength and ability

Bone density

etc

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Education needs to move away from pish like BMI etc and onto the correct indicators of things 

Body Fat %

Visceral Fat levels

Hormone production levels

Amino Production levels

Cardiovascular strength and ability

Bone density

etc

I was only joking re my height. According to my BMI i am overweight by a stone but those indicators sound more scientifically accurate 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Loads of folk dying at home now from other causes because they're not going to hospital when they need to. 

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with diabetes 2 . He thinks is mainly due to doing feck all the last 10 months or so at home due to covid. He works from home etc and admits he piled on the pounds due to this and the gym being closed etc. I wonder how many more will have those kind of health conditions due to covid. Yes its important that people take responsibility for their health but I suppose the hyper anxiety around covid has effaced that too,

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with diabetes 2 . He thinks is mainly due to doing feck all the last 10 months or so at home due to covid. He works from home etc and admits he piled on the pounds due to this and the gym being closed etc. I wonder how many more will have those kind of health conditions due to covid. Yes its important that people take responsibility for their health but I suppose the hyper anxiety around covid has effaced that too,

Yup, i think we all need to go a decent walk every couple of days, something i'm not currently doing. 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was only joking re my height. According to my BMI i am overweight by a stone but those indicators sound more scientifically accurate 

Stick at what you're doing if it's working. Slow and steady is better if you got the patience and don't feel restricted by your approach 👍👍

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yup, i think we all need to go a decent walk every couple of days, something i'm not currently doing. 

Ive just had an hours walk.  Try to do it every day. Feel great afterwards. Cant beat the fresh air. 

Just now, Taffin said:

Stick at what you're doing if it's working. Slow and steady is better if you got the patience and don't feel restricted by your approach 👍👍

Cheers. The weight is coming off slowly but surely. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The ONS data shows location of deaths so this is a trackable statistic, is that where you got it from?

Nah, i don't follow all the stats, it's too depressing. I just heard some boy on Radio Scotland talking about it. 

It makes sense when you think about it. 

18 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

He's my most disliked politician ever, is my polite way of putting it.

Piers (and I've seen it online too) referred to the package though as for a family, isn't the package just to replace kids school lunches? Don't get me wrong, for £30 you should get far, far more than that but equally, do kids really need £3 worth of food for their lunch everyday, that's more than I spend on lunch and I'm not exactly eating small portions 😂😂

I don't have kids so literally have no idea, but assumed they had lower calorie requirements etc but happy to be corrected on that.

Edit: just rewatched and Piers said for a week, I'd previously seen 10 days online. If it's a week (mon-fri) then that's £6 quid a day on lunches. That's more than I spend even on a treat at the staff canteen so I'm assuming I've picked it up wrongly and it is for a family in which case £6 is not enough.

Edited by Taffin

33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

BMI is a pile of shite when I was sitting regularly about 6% bf it told me my BMI was in its 30s. It literally just goes by weight and height.

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

BMI is a pile of shite when I was sitting regularly about 6% bf it told me my BMI was in its 30s. It literally just goes by weight and height.

See all these body stats you're on about... is there a machine you buy from argos that tells you all that stuff?  and a chart that says what you should be according to your age/height etc? 

That's no me being cheeky by the way, i want one. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

Notes: UK Column is an alternative multimedia news website and associated British newspaper which was launched in January 2006.  UK Column is headquartered in Plymouth in South West England. Mike Robinson is editor of the UK Column and Brian Gerrish is the Author/Editor/Owner of the UK Column Newspaper. Further, Brian Gerrish has appeared on US conspiracy theorist Alex Jones show.

In review, UK Column uses loaded language both in their headlines and articles such as: ”Cameron and Obama’s Hired Thugs Now Butchering Their Way Through Syria.” This article, like many on the website, does not link to a single source. However, they sometimes utilize credible sources such as the NY Times, gov.uk and factually mixed sources such as the Daily Mail and conspiracy sites such as 21st Century Wire“White Helmets.” When covering USA politics the UK Column favors Donald Trump and his policies. They also promote conspiracy theories such as the New World Order, False Flag Operations, and World War 3. While the UK Column does produce credible, well-sourced news, they also promote conspiracy theories. Therefore, we rate UK Column as a Conspiracy website that is Mixed for factual reporting. (M. Huitsing 11/27/2017)

How many facepalms required ? 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Fancy a fight? 

51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was only joking re my height. 

:hartley:

25 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Primary kids it is £1.75 a day for lunch, not sure if that is at cost or not etc. That will be slightly different in each council area.

Cheers. It was hard to have an opinion on it all when I didn't really know if it was due to awful procurement or the government being stingy when I thought it was providing about a fiver for a kid's lunch 😂😂

Still an absolute disgrace to be sending that out as it was 

Free speech w@nker Toby Young has been deleting tweets showing how consistently wrong he has been in this pandemic.

Naturally he is associated with the Spectator. Wonder if Andrew Neil will mention this...

(his Twitter meltdown last night when Owen Jones called out Spectator support for Trump was a great watch)

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fancy a fight? 

Haha. Thankfully i stopped myself from calling him a midget. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fancy a fight? 

I got the numbers mixed up im  7 goot 4 still want a fight ?

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I got the numbers mixed up im  7 goot 4 still want a fight ?

tumblr_mszt8kB8961rj2euco1_250.gif

:(

Francis Albert

The Guardian, presumably unhappy with the level of fear and gloom and awfulness the Government figures provide, has done its own analysis of numbers of UK Covid deaths which allows it to headline a figure over over 100,000 and report it as one of the highest rate per 100,000 of population in the world. This involves combining numbers based on the number of death certificates that mentioned Coronavirus, and for the more recent period, the Government's definition of those dying within 28 days of a positive test. This takes the total from 85,000 to over 100,000. It ignores of course the fact that both measures are imprecise. We know that death certificates for those dying in care homes included Coronavirus as a cause or suspected cause or factor on no better evidence than covid was present in the home. And not all who die within 28 days of a positive test have died of covid.

Similar "analysis" seems not to have been performed on figures from other countries 

The precise number is unknown and in a sense it doesn't matter whether it is 85,000 or 100,000 or somewhat less or somewhat more. 

It just gets worse, the queens raven has been missing for weeks and is feared to be dead. 

Apparently that means the fall of the kingdom. 

Could be a good thing?

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

tumblr_mszt8kB8961rj2euco1_250.gif

:(

Wee mayweather actually came back and burst the big shows nose lol I don't think it was planned. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If yer ain’t got the COVID, yer not gettin’ in. Now sling yer hook.

Yep Jonesy I had to kick up feck to get recent " urgent " treatment. Formal complaint to NHS and got my MSP involved.  A colleage of mine was telling us today she has had her shoulder surgery cancelled again. She had to self isolate for 14 days and got all prepared mentally for it. She got a call the day before it was cancelled.  Her attitude was " well they are dealing with a pandemic and I dont want to bother them" . She has been in extreme pain with her issue for months now.  

30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

News item just now 4 and half million waiting on non covid treatments in the NHS in England. 

Wonder how many of that hellish stat are highly infectious cases...

Over 46000 NHS staff off work either sick or isolating, more incredible stats...

Edited by OBE

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic