Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, the general said:

They all stopped about 2 weeks ago

I think there may well be some connection with the grants available if you weren’t doing takeaway, it was £900 a month but might’ve went up so wasn’t worth opening. Plus January and all that usually entails. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Reynolds
16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

👍double post

Edited by LMc

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Thanks for that. This actually seems well put together on first skim read, so fair play to the SG, although still feel they made a balls up of the comms on the measures today.

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

With the Scottish Government, it's just another failure of communication.

If you are further restricting businesses, then clearly detail the logic behind it and ensure financial support is clearly communicated upfront.

I find it hard to believe these measures are because of puritanical or anti-hospitality sentiment, but if you don't communicate effectively the logic and science underpinning these decisions, then you invite that cynicism.

With proper distancing, hygiene and mask wearing, cafes and click and collect should be safe, so there has to available evidence that the government can present surely?

Its just another edition of "we need to be seen to be doing something".

its becoming a familiar routine for the Govt to say that they are considering something (that charade lasts a few days) then implementing what they were "considering". This buys a couple of weeks of public perception, before the next item for consideration, then restriction. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

It certainly is . Been there about 10 times in all I think 

5 for me.

Checkout the webcams for Rome here, this my favourite place in Rome.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lazio/roma/pantheon.html

On topic, the streets are pretty much deserted almost anytime of the day, in fact looking at various places all over the World and most places are empty very little going on, except for the Police pulling drivers over at the Piazza Venezia, Vittorio Emanuele Monument during the day, no fecking messing with these guys.

Couple of graphs from Travelling Tabby.  Gap widened over 24 hours but it's too early to do check points imo.

Both Govts has committed to 'offer' first vaccines by mid Feb to groups 1 - 4 is the first major checkpoint.

Screenshot_20210113-211713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-211615_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, just look at two neighbouring council area's.

Midlothian Council Area = 353.7 km sq.

Scottish Borders Council Area = 4,732 km sq.

And SBC stretches from Leadburn right down to the English Border at Carter Bar and numerious other places as well, such as Coldstream & Berwick Upon Tweed.

Edinburgh Council area isn’t very big. If you go for a walk at the weekend any time after about 10am it will be pretty busy 

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

5 for me.

Checkout the webcams for Rome here, this my favourite place in Rome.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lazio/roma/pantheon.html

On topic, the streets are pretty much deserted almost anytime of the day, in fact looking at various places all over the World and most places are empty very little going on, except for the Police pulling drivers over at the Piazza Venezia, Vittorio Emanuele Monument during the day, no fecking messing with these guys.

Yes is a beautiful city . I usually stay at San Paulo area , only a few metro stops from the city centre .  Been to Frascati too and took a day trip to Florence last year . Another beautiful city . Yes the police don’t fart about and same with the army . They are at most metro stations 

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shakespeares has its lights on the STV 6pm news, not sure if they were. I thought they had to stop doing takeaway last weekend but maybe not. Diggers stopped doing takeaway on Hogmanay. 

I don’t think this is in the spirit of things either 😆

E8E49375-B4D1-47FB-80AD-E8EE268AEEDC.jpeg

Definitely closed but like a few places they do have some lights on permanently

Dennis Reynolds
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Apparently this is true 

73E15671-A87D-4320-82BC-5B80DC532EA8.jpeg

PHE have been doing this since around August if Covid is listed on the death certificate. It's not replacing the ONS 28 day figures. It's more a long term study.

22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes is a beautiful city . I usually stay at San Paulo area , only a few metro stops from the city centre .  Been to Frascati too and took a day trip to Florence last year . Another beautiful city . Yes the police don’t fart about and same with the army . They are at most metro stations 

Usually around the Termini area for us.

Go out to Ostia Antica if you ever get the chance, only about 30 minute train ride from Rome, it's Rome's Pompeii.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Usually around the Termini area for us.

Go out to Ostia Antica if you ever get the chance, only about 30 minute train ride from Rome, it's Rome's Pompeii.

Yes I’ve been there ! Was very interesting . Also people are often surprised Rome has a beach ! Yep . Lovely it is too 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think there may well be some connection with the grants available if you weren’t doing takeaway, it was £900 a month but might’ve went up so wasn’t worth opening. Plus January and all that usually entails. 

the grants are either restricted if it’s a pub with food sales or closure if it was a wet pub only. Closure grant is more money on a 4 weekly basis. Take away still allowed with restricted tho

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, the general said:

Definitely closed but like a few places they do have some lights on permanently

Yeah they’re on timers but you can turn them off, my gaffer has the water turned off ffs 😆

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

the grants are either restricted if it’s a pub with food sales or closure if it was a wet pub only. Closure grant is more money on a 4 weekly basis. Take away still allowed with restricted tho

It depends if you’re selling takeaway, we didn’t get the £900 a month because we were classed as open according to my boss. Stopping doing takeaway means that money is coming in, maybe why places shut before January. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Our Indian takeaway is run superbly. Given a 5 minute slot so nobody else is in when you go to collect. Same with the Thai when you are texted when it’s ready and you can only go in in a 5 minute window. Nobody else in. The contactless payment machine is beside your bagged food and you pay and leave with the owner behind a screen .  I get not everywhere is like that but it’s a shame for these 2 in particular. Now it’s likely delivery only for them. 

Current plans for mass vaccination settings, capable of administering in excess of 20,000 vaccinations per week each include:

 NHS Louisa Jordan, Glasgow

 Edinburgh International Conference Centre

 Pyramids Business Park (Bathgate)

 Queen Margaret University (Musselburgh)

 P&J Live at TECA (Aberdeen)

 Ravenscraig Sports Facility in Motherwell .

We’re working with the armed forces and Boards to secure more mass vaccination sites, particularly in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area.

‐----------

Bathgate and Louisa Jordan added to what I heard this morning from Freeman (stream buffeted a lot, so I maybe just missed), and as I thought Army engagement despite what the P&J reported last night.

Edited by DETTY29

21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Our Indian takeaway is run superbly. Given a 5 minute slot so nobody else is in when you go to collect. Same with the Thai when you are texted when it’s ready and you can only go in in a 5 minute window. Nobody else in. The contactless payment machine is beside your bagged food and you pay and leave with the owner behind a screen .  I get not everywhere is like that but it’s a shame for these 2 in particular. Now it’s likely delivery only for them. 

If they have (brilliantly) taken all those steps so far, hopefully they can still adapt further and do a front of door service, if I've read the rules correctly about takeaways.

Edited by DETTY29

Jambof3tornado

Excess vaccines at the end of each day going in the bin.

managed to phone my wife(nurse but not patient facing role), to come to the vaccination site to get her 1st jag.

pure luck.

needs to be better organised.

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

managed to phone my wife(nurse but not patient facing role), to come to the vaccination site to get her 1st jag.

pure luck.

That's a bit disappointing to hear. Why do the unused vaccines need binned, is it something to do with their temperature?

12 hours ago, OBE said:

A study posted on here a couple of days ago, claimed after catching Covid, folks immunity to the virus would be close on 100%...every cloud eh!...we'll see. 🤞

Amendment...86% immunity for 5 month but if caught again could aid contagion.

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, pablo said:

That's a bit disappointing to hear. Why do the unused vaccines need binned, is it something to do with their temperature?

Yes they only have a set number of hours to use them. For clarity its the pfizer vaccine I'm talking about. Yup its disappointing that there is no real way of using the doses that are about to go off.

Hopefully it is just a teething priblem and less wastage will occur over the coming weeks. Another figure joe public won't get to know about, how many go in the bin!!!

49 minutes ago, OBE said:

Amendment...86% immunity for 5 month but if caught again could aid contagion.

Saw on Sky News it said 83% immunity for the 5months but in that time you can still catch it and can also transmit it (may have picked this bit up wrong it wasn’t very clear) We discussed this couple days ago with James and others calling bullshit when Carl said three people he knows who are doctors have had it twice (this is not a dig at those posters before they reply). Then it was batted about between us all if it was rare or very rare to catch it twice.

I think that what was said this morning just says again we still don’t have a great understanding of the virus or its mutations. 

Edited by sadj

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Saw on Sky News it said 83% immunity for the 5months but in that time you can still catch it and can also transmit it. We discussed this couple days ago with James and others calling bullshit when Carl said three people he knows who are doctors have had it twice (this is not a dig at those posters before they reply). Then it was batted about between us all if it was rare or very rare to catch it twice.

I think that what was said this morning just says again we still don’t have a great understanding of the virus or its mutations. 

Sure, That's why the majority of nations are still running around blind folded, two hands tied behind their back (non-compliance) with their keks at their ankles...no a bonnie situation but we'll get there. 

36 minutes ago, Barack said:

5 month's natural immunity boosted by a jab, should sort that out. Assuming a person takes it...

Shame the vaccine can only be administered by a shot, fast food outlets could've been a peculiar saviour through stealth...:thumbsup:

Edited by OBE

Captain Sausage

If this pandemic has shown us anything, it’s the stark difference in general health of the U.K. population when compared to our European neighbours. 

It absolutely MUST be a part of the post-pandemic rebuild that we focus heavily on educating people on healthy living. That means incentivising exercise and heavy push on education around healthy food.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Valneva about to be approved, it appears, will be 4th vaccine approved and also manufactured here in part. 

Has the UK ordered any of it?

Howdy Doody Jambo
7 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

If this pandemic has shown us anything, it’s the stark difference in general health of the U.K. population when compared to our European neighbours. 

It absolutely MUST be a part of the post-pandemic rebuild that we focus heavily on educating people on healthy living. That means incentivising exercise and heavy push on education around healthy food.

No more rules and regulations don't do this don't do that, no beer, no fags, no pie's, no cakes, no chocolate, run 10 miles a day or collect a £200 fine, I can't take anymore 

3 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

No more rules and regulations don't do this don't do that, no beer, no fags, no pie's, no cakes, no chocolate, run 10 miles a day or collect a £200 fine, I can't take anymore 

The long and short of it is people just don't have willpower. We all know it's sensible to eat better, exercise more, drink less and smoke less. People just don't do it.

I'm also against banning things and rules and regulations. I'd just add a tax onto NHS treatment for people are over a certain body fat percentage 😂😂

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes they only have a set number of hours to use them. For clarity its the pfizer vaccine I'm talking about. Yup its disappointing that there is no real way of using the doses that are about to go off.

Hopefully it is just a teething priblem and less wastage will occur over the coming weeks. Another figure joe public won't get to know about, how many go in the bin!!!

There will be a wastage percentage factored in to the overall requirement I'd imagine, but still....thanks for the reply 👍 

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The long and short of it is people just don't have willpower. We all know it's sensible to eat better, exercise more, drink less and smoke less. People just don't do it.

I'm also against banning things and rules and regulations. I'd just add a tax onto NHS treatment for people are over a certain body fat percentage 😂😂

That would be a sizist tax 

38 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Yes, let's start eating our harvested fish foods, win-win, UK population & our fishermen...:2thumbsup:

The size of our fish displays in our major supermarkets compared to the continent displaying Scottish produce is an eye-opener.

Edited by OBE

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

pure luck.

Delete - seen you answered my q's eksewhere.

Edited by DETTY29

18 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

That would be a sizist tax 

Most certainly not, I'm not a fascist, it would be a composition tax 😂😂

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Are these the Pfeizer ones taken out of freezer that day but not used?

Is that because an area has planned so many jags that day, but people didn't turn up; or so many must come out freezer due to an expiry date, but not enough vaccinations planned?

I'd be worried if the public looked at Scotland who has 500k supplies this week, vaccinating 16k a day and thinking 350k-ish were being chucked in the bin. 

Or worse, that was the case although wastage is built into plan.

I really hope it's nowhere near those numbers and instead just a handful a day from people who due to unforeseen circumstances couldn't make it in. 

Really wouldn't be a good look given parts of the world are absolutely crying out for access to the vaccine.

47 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve gone early, so deleted post. Ignore post but in answer to your question I believe so but I don’t know for sure. 

Premature vaccination?

Just now, Taffin said:

I really hope it's nowhere near those numbers and instead just a handful a day from people who due to unforeseen circumstances couldn't make it in. 

Really wouldn't be a good look given parts of the world are absolutely crying out for access to the vaccine.

@Jambof3tornadoresponded it's pfeizer so figures a lot less.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

There will also be doses of the Pfizer vaccine disposed of due to how sensitive it is to handle. Shaking the vaccine can cause it to stop it being suspended in the liquid and rendering it being unusable.

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

There will also be doses of the Pfizer vaccine disposed of due to how sensitive it is to handle. Shaking the vaccine can cause it to stop it being suspended in the liquid and rendering it being unusable.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It will be pfeizer primarily just now.

Screenshot_20210114-095620_Drive.jpg

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Has the UK ordered any of it?

I'm sure it said yes on the Beeb earlier but I didn't catch how many and when

manaliveits105
29 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They do

but will it be known as the Livingston Valneva or will the cult ban using the place name like Oxford Astrazeneca ?  

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

but will it be known as the Livingston Valneva or will the cult ban using the place name like Oxford Astrazeneca ?  

My brother told me that my Mum's GPs still haven't received any vaccine as of a couple of days ago.  The GPs actually had a sign up saying they had not received any!

She is in her Mid 80s, and there are a lot of older people in the Cramond, Barnton, and Silverknowes area.

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The name Livingston has long been associated with pioneering, would be harsh to deny them.

Edited by OBE

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic