Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Captain Sausage

Been reading up a bit on how likely it actually is for you to pick up coronavirus from touching a contaminated surface (fomite transmission). 

Long story short, it’s possible. But very unlikely.

I’ve attached some letters/studies explaining it. But it’s basically a case that the studies they did to see how long coronavirus survived on a surface were a bit misleading. 

They stuck 10 million particles on a surface and then monitored how long there were live particles. One of the reports states that if someone was to cough into their hand, then touch a surface, they likely leave a thousand (or tens of thousands of really unlucky) particles on the surface. Then you have to account for the victim transferring sufficient live particles from the surface to their hands, then again from their hands to their eyes/nose/mouth to give the virus a foothold. 

All these reports reach the conclusion that it’s possible, but extremely unlikely, even in an ICU. 

Someone shared an article by a Spanish newspaper last year which looked at aerosol transmission which was also really interesting. 

As a summary, if you avoid going into heavily populated, poorly ventilated areas, and keep your distance from others, you’re pretty unlikely to get it. It’s logical for the WHO and governments around the world to downplay the lack of evidence for fomite transmission, because it certainly can’t hurt to have people practicing better hygiene. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7450250/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7505025/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7333993/

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I saw an expert talk about this yesterday.

The more the rules get changed, the more confusing it is for people to know what the rules are. 

Indeed.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, the general said:

I think that is old info re Jessie Mays 

And I'm not arguing I'm genuinely asking questions about what pubs are open for takeaway pints etc

None since we went back into lockdown, you can normally in tier 4 though. I think they stopped selling food takeaways before Xmas, they might’ve got into bother when they were selling takeaway pints in the summer, as there’s a few seats around there where folk could sit for the four hours they were open. Have to say I was tempted as i walked the dogs past. 
There was a problem in Morningside where guys were standing drinking the pints outside and blocking the street, as we’ve seen in the last wee while folk can be their own worst enemies sometimes.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/police-visit-edinburgh-pubs-centre-lockdown-breach-claims-2878493

Heres an idea of where you might get one soon. 
https://www.edinburghlockdowneconomy.com/post/edinburgh-bars-and-pubs-doing-takeaway-in-october

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I think so, her boyfriend is a bit lethargic but is on Furlough just now so that won’t help if you’ve nothing to do, bar home school 😆
Glad the two of you are reasonably fine 👍🏽
Im wondering if they will factor that in when they offer you two the vaccination, too much work probably. 

A study posted on here a couple of days ago, claimed after catching Covid, folks immunity to the virus would be close on 100%...every cloud eh!...we'll see. 🤞

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The more the rules get changed, the more confusing it is for people to know what the rules are. 

It’s not been made a fuss of but didn’t the PM cycle 7 miles somewhere at the weekend? Not that surprising for that clown. 
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/12/boris-johnson-cycling-7-miles-downing-street-pandemic

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not been made a fuss of but didn’t the PM cycle 7 miles somewhere at the weekend? Not that surprising for that clown. 
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/12/boris-johnson-cycling-7-miles-downing-street-pandemic

It's been covered quite a lot in the press, not sure what the issue is though.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OBE said:

A study posted on here a couple of days ago, claimed after catching Covid, folks immunity to the virus would be close on 100%...every cloud eh!...we'll see. 🤞

Yeah there’s not been many folk infected twice thankfully 👍🏽

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day per-capita rates around the councils.

7-day per-100,000 cases        
Council Area Tier Previous Today Yesterday     11 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     262 264 -2   275 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 411 401 +10   428 ... 59
North Lanarkshire 4 3 395 393 +2   396 ... 119
Glasgow City 4 3 383 380 +3   383 ... 129
Renfrewshire 4 3 366 386 -20   393 ... 116
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 334 348 -14   376 ... 32
North Ayrshire 4 3 320 337 -17   324 ... 175
Dundee City 4 3 313 313 0   344 ... 113
South Lanarkshire 4 3 299 281 +18   311 ... 120
East Ayrshire 4 3 289 298 -9   311 ... 153
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 279 269 +10   283 ... 70
Falkirk 4 2 265 272 -7   289 ... 60
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 250 244 +6   268 ... 120
Aberdeen City 4 3 250 266 -16   272 ... 163
Perth and Kinross 4 3 249 245 +4   264 ... 126
Clackmannanshire 4 3 248 229 +19   262 ... 148
Scottish Borders 4 1 241 261 -20   260 ... 85
South Ayrshire 4 3 228 251 -23   251 ... 98
Aberdeenshire 4 3 221 222 -1   245 ... 88
Fife 4 3 215 208 +7   218 ... 97
East Renfrewshire 4 3 214 226 -12   228 ... 101
Angus 4 2 202 222 -20   245 ... 37
Edinburgh City 4 3 192 189 +3   206 ... 109
Highland 4/3 1 187 199 -12   214 ... 17
West Lothian 4 3 164 158 +6   150 ... 83
Stirling 4 3 159 157 +2   176 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 151 156 -5   170 ... 136
Moray 4 1 135 142 -7   154 ... 13
East Lothian 4 3 108 113 -5   130 ... 148
Shetland Islands 3 1 96 135 -39   109 ... 0
Argyll and Bute 4/3 2 84 87 -3   86 ... 29
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 30 30 0   19 ... 22
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 27 -9   27 ... 0

👍

Pasquale for King
Just now, Taffin said:

It's been covered quite a lot in the press, not sure what the issue is though.

You’re only supposed to go a maximum five miles from your house. 

It does look like the front end figures are flattening and about to reduce.  I say we should be very relieved about that.  In Scotland we've had nothing like the level of prevalence as was seen in London and the south east.  London is very well served for hospital capacity on a per capita basis.  There could have been a terrible situation here if the infections had been as bad.

Wave being suppressed.  Vaccine being rolled out in earnest.  I think we may see a much improved situation in April or so. 

According to whom?

Supposed to isn't the same as not allowed. It is allowed and as such I don't really see the issue, he's not broken a rule he's set. He is a clown though. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There is no maximum, that's what the problem with the rule is.

The rule is stay local, but what is classed as local

2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Thanks bud. It only takes one lapse of concentration when it comes to being super vigilant about cleanliness, that’s what’s concerning me. That’s great that you prevented the virus from passing to your son and daughter. I’m a forewarned is forearmed kind of person so I’m automatically expecting us all to get it. As I say I’ve got the kids with me and they’re 10 and 12, so I’m homeschooling and nursing my partner too. The kids mum is an anaesthetic nurse and has been vaccinated but obviously my kids have to isolate here for ten days which could of course reset itself if one of them was diagnosed. It’s brain muddling for sure and a super worrying time for everyone. I sincerely hope the wankers who flout don’t cause too much damage!

Your partner and kids will keep you busy. You come across as having most things under control, you'll manage, hope your partner recovers quickly.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No sticking up for the PM here but no danger do cyclists that are out on the streets of the Lothians only stay local. 
Most of them go at least 10 miles away from their home. 

My parents house looks onto the main road that comes up from the coast road down East Lothian and it’s full of cyclists heading back to Edinburgh. 

Sunday was busiest day but nowadays any day could be a Sunday 

Edited by theshed

Dennis Reynolds
16 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Been reading up a bit on how likely it actually is for you to pick up coronavirus from touching a contaminated surface (fomite transmission). 

Long story short, it’s possible. But very unlikely.

I’ve attached some letters/studies explaining it. But it’s basically a case that the studies they did to see how long coronavirus survived on a surface were a bit misleading. 

They stuck 10 million particles on a surface and then monitored how long there were live particles. One of the reports states that if someone was to cough into their hand, then touch a surface, they likely leave a thousand (or tens of thousands of really unlucky) particles on the surface. Then you have to account for the victim transferring sufficient live particles from the surface to their hands, then again from their hands to their eyes/nose/mouth to give the virus a foothold. 

All these reports reach the conclusion that it’s possible, but extremely unlikely, even in an ICU. 

Someone shared an article by a Spanish newspaper last year which looked at aerosol transmission which was also really interesting. 

As a summary, if you avoid going into heavily populated, poorly ventilated areas, and keep your distance from others, you’re pretty unlikely to get it. It’s logical for the WHO and governments around the world to downplay the lack of evidence for fomite transmission, because it certainly can’t hurt to have people practicing better hygiene. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7450250/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7505025/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7333993/

Really good articles. Thanks for sharing.

I remember at the start of the pandemic quick studies were carried out and media had a field day as they do. Testing done at ideal temperature and humidity for a virus to grow on different surfaces. No different variables checked or a measure of quantifiable virus isolated. All of a sudden the chance of catching it from picking up a can of beans down the local tesco was through the roof. Had a couple friends whom were going through multiple packs of alcohol wipes wiping every single item down. One of them refused to get a takeaway for months as he was convinced he would get it through his food. Don't get me wrong, there's obviously still a chance you could be that unlucky but it just felt folk were going a bit mental considering they never bothered worrying about anything else before that. That's not to say people shouldn't be practicing proper hygiene and doing too much is much, much better than doing nothing. Proper hand washing is key.

Dennis Reynolds
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It does look like the front end figures are flattening and about to reduce.  I say we should be very relieved about that.  In Scotland we've had nothing like the level of prevalence as was seen in London and the south east.  London is very well served for hospital capacity on a per capita basis.  There could have been a terrible situation here if the infections had been as bad.

Wave being suppressed.  Vaccine being rolled out in earnest.  I think we may see a much improved situation in April or so. 

I agree. One more push 🤞

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

According to whom?

Supposed to isn't the same as not allowed. It is allowed and as such I don't really see the issue, he's not broken a rule he's set. He is a clown though. 

The restrictions, it’s not allowed, that’s why there was a fuss. You’ve proved Mikeys point though 😆😜
Clear as mud though. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-lockdown-exercise-rules-how-far-b1785703.html

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

As long as she's still handing out free calpol and dropping the odd soundbite about a second referendum, she'll stay in power. The Scottish electorate suffered an abusive relationship with the Labour Party for years, and have simply TUPED over to the SNP when Labour as we knew them ceased to exist.

:greatpost:

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

No stinking up for the PM here but no danger do cyclists that are out on the streets of the Lothians only stay local. 
Most of them go at least 10 miles away from their home. 

My parents house looks onto the main road that comes up from the coast road down East Lothian and it’s full of cyclists heading back to Edinburgh. 

Sunday was busiest day but nowadays any day could be a Sunday 

It’s slightly different up here, down there they can only go out once. As with everything else people will break the rules. But the general advice is not to go more than five miles away from your home unless you have a essential reason. 

edit five miles from the boundary of your local council area in Scotland. 
https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/how-far-can-i-travel-exercise-rules-keeping-fit-during-scotlands-covid-lockdown-3087577

Edited by Pasquale for King
More info

The restrictions, it’s not allowed, that’s why there was a fuss. You’ve proved Mikeys point though 😆😜
Clear as mud though. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-lockdown-exercise-rules-how-far-b1785703.html

It is allowed. It even says that in the article you've posted 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

A spokesman for the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) told ITV News that the coronavirus laws do not restrict the distance you can exercise.

So technically, you can go for a nice long bike ride or run (if you want to), and stay within the rules.

9 minutes ago, LMc said:

Really good articles. Thanks for sharing.

I remember at the start of the pandemic quick studies were carried out and media had a field day as they do. Testing done at ideal temperature and humidity for a virus to grow on different surfaces. No different variables checked or a measure of quantifiable virus isolated. All of a sudden the chance of catching it from picking up a can of beans down the local tesco was through the roof. Had a couple friends whom were going through multiple packs of alcohol wipes wiping every single item down. One of them refused to get a takeaway for months as he was convinced he would get it through his food. Don't get me wrong, there's obviously still a chance you could be that unlucky but it just felt folk were going a bit mental considering they never bothered worrying about anything else before that. That's not to say people shouldn't be practicing proper hygiene and doing too much is much, much better than doing nothing. Proper hand washing is key.

I heard Leitch on Off the Ball early doors and someone phoned in to say his wife cleaned down everything and was going through loads of wipes.

He said 'good on her if that makes her feel safe but she doesn't need to go that far'

Wash your hands when you get home, put shopping away, then wash again.

And avoid touching your face if possible as that is a big risk of transporting the partlets in to your system.

Even at that time there was a thought that it could sit on hard surfaces for around 3 days.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She wants to kill the pub/drinking culture in Scotland and replace it with a European style street cafe culture, however that might work ok on a balmy September evening in Rome but it doesn't quite work the same on a pissing down day in Scotland.

I’ve had many a balmy night in Roma Edinburgh doesn’t compare at all

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It is allowed. It even says that in the article you've posted 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

A spokesman for the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) told ITV News that the coronavirus laws do not restrict the distance you can exercise.

So technically, you can go for a nice long bike ride or run (if you want to), and stay within the rules.

As I said it’s clear as mud. It’s allowed for certain reasons but the cops might fine you if you don’t give them a good reason. 
If it was ok and allowed there wouldn’t be a fuss over BJ doing it would there? 
As Mikey said this is why people are confused as they’ve changed it so many times it’s hard to keep up. Probably why folk can challenge the fines and get off.

Second picture is from this. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-winter-plan/covid-19-winter-plan-summary#:~:text=On 2 December%2C across,the previous set of tiers

83F326EC-03B6-41A8-B67E-C77ADE0F756E.jpeg

4E95D037-C267-4506-98FF-618EFEAEF0EB.jpeg

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in Spain. I have friends who were out for a meal there at Christmas and New Year. 11pm close though. What we would give for that now😂. Won't be long now though....March will see the pubs open imo. Boris will set standard and wee greetin' face will be forced to follow.

Forgot about Spain.

If Boris lifts only to need to tighten up again because he can't do bad news (till far too late) will be a derilction on all sides now.

Edited by DETTY29

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As I said it’s clear as mud. It’s allowed for certain reasons but the cops might fine you if you don’t give them a good reason. 
If it was ok and allowed there wouldn’t be a fuss over BJ doing it would there? 
As Mikey said this is why people are confused as they’ve changed it so many times it’s hard to keep up. Probably why folk can challenge the fines and get off.

Second picture is from this. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-winter-plan/covid-19-winter-plan-summary#:~:text=On 2 December%2C across,the previous set of tiers

83F326EC-03B6-41A8-B67E-C77ADE0F756E.jpeg

4E95D037-C267-4506-98FF-618EFEAEF0EB.jpeg

I'm not arguing it wasn't confusing, I'm just saying that there isn't a 5 mile rule, as Cressida Dick, among others has since confirmed and that there is no legal limit on how far you can exercise. As such Boris broke no rules. The press got their knickers in a twist because it seemed like double standards because two women were wrongly fined by the police previously.

Edit: just for clarity, the above picture is from the previous tier system and refers to travel rather than exercise so is not really relevant.

Edited by Taffin

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Happened outside Jesse Mays and even once outside the Diggers 😱

Few places on Shandwick Place (Grosvener definitely) , Brewdog, place up by the musuem..tragic behaviour.. 

44 minutes ago, OBE said:

Your partner and kids will keep you busy. You come across as having most things under control, you'll manage, hope your partner recovers quickly.

Thanks mate much appreciated 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Few places on Shandwick Place (Grosvener definitely) , Brewdog, place up by the musuem..tragic behaviour.. 

Shakespeares has a few places you can sit outside too, it’s been a bit chilly for a while to be doing that though. 

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Sorry if already covered. My local takeaway allows 2 people in at a time to pick stuff up but now everyone has to stand around outside so does that not mean more groups of people outside? 

I can go into Tesco standing and walking along side people but after I leave Tesco I can’t walk into chippy with either no one or only one person inside to get chips?

Honestly wish someone would ask her how she comes up with this crap 

You need to be in a shop to buy essential food. You do not need to be inside a chippy to receive that food. Easier to spread the virus indoors than out. Outside the chippy and inside the shop people should be social distancing to avoid people. If this isn't happening it isn't a failure of the rules. It is a failure of the individuals.

Easy to understand the logic behind it. Whether it has any impact is another thing.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not arguing it wasn't confusing, I'm just saying that there isn't a 5 mile rule, as Cressida Dick, among others has since confirmed and that there is no legal limit on how far you can exercise. As such Boris broke no rules. The press got their knickers in a twist because it seemed like double standards because two women were wrongly fined by the police previously.

Edit: just for clarity, the above picture is from the previous tier system and refers to travel rather than exercise so is not really relevant.

Yeah having looked there’s no 5 mile limit in either the U.K. or Scottish restrictions, even though it’s been widely said. Possibly because there was one before in the last lockdown. 
The fact those two women were fined for having a coffee each (classed as a picnic) is further evidence of Police incompetence which isn’t helping to combat the virus. 
Travel is relevant if you’re on a bike. 

You can travel for local outdoor sport or exercise such as meeting another person, walking, cycling, golf or running that starts and finishes at the same place (which can be up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area), as long as you abide by the rules on meeting other households.

So sayz gov.scot

Edited by OBE

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah having looked there’s no 5 mile limit in either the U.K. or Scottish restrictions, even though it’s been widely said. Possibly because there was one before in the last lockdown. 
The fact those two women were fined for having a coffee each (classed as a picnic) is further evidence of Police incompetence which isn’t helping to combat the virus. 

I checked last week and on the UK.Gov site and stay within local town hall area for England was guidance, although that appears to have been dropped.  

Hadn't realised England was only once a day you were allowed out for exercise, plus no 5 mile rule, so stricter than Scotland.

‐-------------------

You can continue to exercise alone, with one other person or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

--------------'

Although note 'should'

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, OBE said:

You can travel for local outdoor sport or exercise such as meeting another person, walking, cycling, golf or running that starts and finishes at the same place (which can be up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area), as long as you abide by the rules on meeting other households.

So sayz gov.scot

Which is daft as local authority areas can vary wildly in size. 

Cycling U.K. released this 9 hours ago stating again how vague the rules are. 
https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coronavirus-qa-cycling-guidance

No wonder folk are confused. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I checked last week and on the UK.Gov site and stay within local town hall area for England was guidance, although that appears to have been dropped.  

Hadn't realised England was only once a day you were allowed out for exercise, plus no 5 mile rule, so stricter than Scotland.

‐-------------------

You can continue to exercise alone, with one other person or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

--------------'

Although note 'should'

Yeah I didn’t realise until I was looking through those links etc, although heard Sturgeon say today that we are allowed out multiple times to exercise unlike last lockdown. 
Considering the weather once is more than enough 😆

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It would seem so down south.  If only you could cycle to a local 😢

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, wonderful city.

It certainly is . Been there about 10 times in all I think 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Put a pin in a map and do a 5 mile radius from your house, let alone the coucil area and outside of central Glasgow that's a lot of coverage.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, just look at two neighbouring council area's.

Midlothian Council Area = 353.7 km sq.

Scottish Borders Council Area = 4,732 km sq.

And SBC stretches from Leadburn right down to the English Border at Carter Bar and numerious other places as well, such as Coldstream & Berwick Upon Tweed.

Weakened Offender
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shakespeares has a few places you can sit outside too, it’s been a bit chilly for a while to be doing that though. 

Old Chain Pier down Newhaven too. 

Weakened Offender
50 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm never sure if the Obua post is meant as sarcasm or not.:confused:

I thought your post was shite (as usual) and read the Obua post as sarcasm, if that helps? 😊

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We need more experts imo.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was out at Flotterstone today, Nucky. Been avoiding it as it can get very busy but took the chance today as the weather was gash. About half a dozen cars in the car park and hardly a soul in sight. The laddie fell face down in the burn twice. Great fun had by all.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Sorry if already covered. My local takeaway allows 2 people in at a time to pick stuff up but now everyone has to stand around outside so does that not mean more groups of people outside? 

I can go into Tesco standing and walking along side people but after I leave Tesco I can’t walk into chippy with either no one or only one person inside to get chips?

Honestly wish someone would ask her how she comes up with this crap 

Well because quite a few people including many on here refuse to hear a word said against her

They don't want questions asked of the FM because it would show her in a bad light as well as the current SNP administration

She refuses to publish or discuss the latest proof and refers to the proof already being out there though won't state where

As you say we now have to Q outside a shop increasing the risk of transmission but hey ho she tells us and we jump....even the press are not asking her questions that would cause her to have to think again...limiting click and collect is another stupid idea from the brains trust she leads...now we'll get more people going to the supermarkets and walking around...took a lot of thinking to come up with that and unlike the trust I won't get paid for it

I'm am willing to live with restrictions and have done so but what is happening now is beyond the pale and she will not get my vote again as her handling of this is becoming worse by the day

It's as if they think they now have to come up with anything sensible or not to feed to the public and press to prove they are doing something

Get on with vaccinating asp and get a better track and trace system..that's what will help not nonsense like todays offerings

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

You travelled out of your local authority area? Your selfish actions show disrespect for the emergency services and you are probably personally responsible for at least 10% of today's death tally. Well done. Hope you're proud of yourself. Putting you on ignore.

:greatpost:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

None since we went back into lockdown, you can normally in tier 4 though. I think they stopped selling food takeaways before Xmas, they might’ve got into bother when they were selling takeaway pints in the summer, as there’s a few seats around there where folk could sit for the four hours they were open. Have to say I was tempted as i walked the dogs past. 
There was a problem in Morningside where guys were standing drinking the pints outside and blocking the street, as we’ve seen in the last wee while folk can be their own worst enemies sometimes.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/police-visit-edinburgh-pubs-centre-lockdown-breach-claims-2878493

Heres an idea of where you might get one soon. 
https://www.edinburghlockdowneconomy.com/post/edinburgh-bars-and-pubs-doing-takeaway-in-october

There were still a few doing them last weekend but none in gods country .... mclarens on the corner was closest but 4 or 5 down Leith. Clerks Bar was another but they were really really quiet. Might have been the weather. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

They all stopped about 2 weeks ago

Scotland high level vaccination plan now out.

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/strategy-plan/2020/12/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/documents/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/govscot%3Adocument/COVID-19%2BVaccine%2BDeployment%2BPlan%2B13%2BJanuary%2B2021.pdf

Only 16 pages to read, understand, challenge, ignore, ignore but still comment on, compare and contrast elsewhere, troll about and so on.

;)

Edited by DETTY29

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Tonight's reading! Much more open about stocks than the UK government for some reason. Sure they were blaming it on national security 🤔 Seems we have two weeks getting absolutely no AZ vaccine for some reason but I've only very quickly skimmed it. Thanks for that 👍

With the Scottish Government, it's just another failure of communication.

If you are further restricting businesses, then clearly detail the logic behind it and ensure financial support is clearly communicated upfront.

I find it hard to believe these measures are because of puritanical or anti-hospitality sentiment, but if you don't communicate effectively the logic and science underpinning these decisions, then you invite that cynicism.

With proper distancing, hygiene and mask wearing, cafes and click and collect should be safe, so there has to available evidence that the government can present surely?

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, the general said:

There were still a few doing them last weekend but none in gods country .... mclarens on the corner was closest but 4 or 5 down Leith. Clerks Bar was another but they were really really quiet. Might have been the weather. 

Shakespeares has its lights on the STV 6pm news, not sure if they were. I thought they had to stop doing takeaway last weekend but maybe not. Diggers stopped doing takeaway on Hogmanay. 

I don’t think this is in the spirit of things either 😆

E8E49375-B4D1-47FB-80AD-E8EE268AEEDC.jpeg

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic