Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 13 January 2021

Summary

• 1,949 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+74]
  • 23,432 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 10.2% of these were positive [+5,915; -1.8%]
  • 79 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+25]
  • 134 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 1,794 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+77]
  • 191,965 people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination and 2,990 have received their second dose [+16,023; +133]

Only 16k vaccinated yesterday?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latest 7-day per-capita rates around the councils.

7-day per-100,000 cases        
Council Area Tier Previous Today Yesterday     11 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     262 264 -2   275 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 411 401 +10   428 ... 59
North Lanarkshire 4 3 395 393 +2   396 ... 119
Glasgow City 4 3 383 380 +3   383 ... 129
Renfrewshire 4 3 366 386 -20   393 ... 116
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 334 348 -14   376 ... 32
North Ayrshire 4 3 320 337 -17   324 ... 175
Dundee City 4 3 313 313 0   344 ... 113
South Lanarkshire 4 3 299 281 +18   311 ... 120
East Ayrshire 4 3 289 298 -9   311 ... 153
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 279 269 +10   283 ... 70
Falkirk 4 2 265 272 -7   289 ... 60
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 250 244 +6   268 ... 120
Aberdeen City 4 3 250 266 -16   272 ... 163
Perth and Kinross 4 3 249 245 +4   264 ... 126
Clackmannanshire 4 3 248 229 +19   262 ... 148
Scottish Borders 4 1 241 261 -20   260 ... 85
South Ayrshire 4 3 228 251 -23   251 ... 98
Aberdeenshire 4 3 221 222 -1   245 ... 88
Fife 4 3 215 208 +7   218 ... 97
East Renfrewshire 4 3 214 226 -12   228 ... 101
Angus 4 2 202 222 -20   245 ... 37
Edinburgh City 4 3 192 189 +3   206 ... 109
Highland 4/3 1 187 199 -12   214 ... 17
West Lothian 4 3 164 158 +6   150 ... 83
Stirling 4 3 159 157 +2   176 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 151 156 -5   170 ... 136
Moray 4 1 135 142 -7   154 ... 13
East Lothian 4 3 108 113 -5   130 ... 148
Shetland Islands 3 1 96 135 -39   109 ... 0
Argyll and Bute 4/3 2 84 87 -3   86 ... 29
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 30 30 0   19 ... 22
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 27 -9   27 ... 0

54 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Hospitality is closed in parts of the world over just now.  It's a consensus.

Not in Spain. I have friends who were out for a meal there at Christmas and New Year. 11pm close though. What we would give for that now😂. Won't be long now though....March will see the pubs open imo. Boris will set standard and wee greetin' face will be forced to follow.

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Try and stay positive, as others have said although this can be tough the outcomes are usually good. There are a few others on here who have been through so maybe they can help with more specific information. Good luck mate!!

Cheers mate👍

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Click and collect one is just bizarre . I really don’t understand that at all. 

Batshit mental.

18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in Spain. I have friends who were out for a meal there at Christmas and New Year. 11pm close though. What we would give for that now😂. Won't be long now though....March will see the pubs open imo. Boris will set standard and wee greetin' face will be forced to follow.

Lockdown will be lifted according to what the Chancellor decides with furlough.  Otherwise the SG will have to find funding for its own furlough scheme out of its budget.

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Was pure ROFLcoptering it about my living room as I typed, likes.

Anyway, as a clearly well-educated and intelligent kinda guy, KvC, surely you can see the parallels between someone repeatedly saying they don't want to carry out negative, punishing actions and then doing just that in order to 'do what's best' for the other party involved, and one of the typical patterns involved in domestic violence.

Not trying to make like of DV, but her actions come across, to me at least, like that of an arrogant bully who has total faith in her own actions, and justifies these as being the correct course of action in spite of the arguments against. A kind of fait accompli delivered under the guise of concern and caution, but really being about ensuring she is seen and felt to be top dog. I could be reading her all wrong, but that's how her words and actions come across, IMO.

Yes, I agree. The faux concern really twists the knife. And the decisions are so illogical. You can't go into Costa, for example, where there about 4 people in at any time, for a few mins, with a mask on?? It's nonsense and will lead to Costa drive thru at Cameron Toll on Sat being mobbed

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Lockdown will be lifted according to what the Chancellor decides with furlough.  Otherwise the SG will have to find funding for its own furlough scheme out of its budget.

That's a cracking opportunity for her to play grievance politics.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

That's a cracking opportunity for her to play grievance politics.

When things are opening up down south while the To Let signs go up on our high streets I doubt she will get any sympathy.

58 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

My partners been staying with me the last few weeks to distance herself from her elderly parents with whom she still stays. Yesterday she returned home early from work with the symptoms that most describe. She got a test and got the positive result very efficiently I have to say. My children have been with me as I look after them and school them when their mothers at work. To say I’m quite concerned and feeling very anxious would be understating it. It’s safe to assume the worst and think the virus will rip through us. Being on antidepressants and other medication for Ocd means things are magnified and heightened and it’s very unnerving I’ll admit. I just hope we alll are safe long term and obviously hope everyone out there is doing all they can to minimise the spread. Just stay safe and mindful of others please folk

We still have our Daughter (27) & Son (24) staying with us, neither of them contracted the virus after the wife and I tested positive mid Dec. Many precautions were taken mind, separate cutlery, cups, towels, distancing and manic cleaning of banisters, door handles, light switches. As an added precaution we abandoned sitting at the dining table for the 10 days isolation. After the 10 days were up, my two children became anxious and requested two home test kits, both were negative.

Just be careful, even if you think everything is clean...douse it again...You and yours will be fine, all the best mate...:2thumbsup:

Edited by OBE

Just now, frankblack said:

When things are opening up down south while the To Let signs go up on our high streets I doubt she will get any sympathy.

You reckon? I think there is a huge swathe of people who let her do exactly as she pleases and just cannot find it in themselves to criticise her in any way at all.

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Leith walk and Easter road. Seen it. 

fox and fawn at the west end had a roaring trade with takeaway drinkers

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Do you know anyone that actually drinks alcohol on the streets?

Drinking alcohol on the street is jakie behaviour. I thought it was already banned anyway.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Leith walk and Easter road. Seen it. 

Happened outside Jesse Mays and even once outside the Diggers 😱

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, OBE said:

We still have our Daughter (27) & Son (24) staying with us, neither of them contracted the virus after the wife and I tested positive mid Dec. Many precautions were taken mind, separate cutlery, cups, towels, distancing and manic cleaning of banisters, door handles, light switches. As an added precaution we abandoned sitting at the dining table for the 10 days isolation. After the 10 days were up, my two children became anxious and requested two home test kits, both were negative.

Just be careful, even if you think everything is clean...douse it again...You and yours will be fine, all the best mate...:2thumbsup:

Good that you managed not to pass it on though, my pals boyfriend and daughter had it and they all isolated in a two bedroom flat and she didn’t get it. 
Are you two feeling ok these days or are there any side effects? 

I think takeaways that lack automatic doors (all of them really) are the reason for the pass through the door. Taste Good on Slateford Road has three doors you have to open to get in then out because of their one-way system.

Not many takeaways will want to keep their doors wedged open when it is -2C outside.

Edited by kila

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, buzz said:

Drinking alcohol on the street is jakie behaviour. I thought it was already banned anyway.

Yip, everyone knows that al fresco drinking in a graveyard is where it's at. 🍻 🍷 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good that you managed not to pass it on though, my pals boyfriend and daughter had it and they all isolated in a two bedroom flat and she didn’t get it. 
Are you two feeling ok these days or are there any side effects? 

The two bedroom flat would've been difficult. Boyfriend and Daughter OK? It's over a month now since we tested positive, the wife was asymptomatic (the source, due me big-time) Me, I still have no taste or smell, if that's my long-covid, I'll buy that, hopefully they'll return soon. Thanks for asking PfK...:thumbsup:

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, the general said:

Only 16k vaccinated yesterday?

That’s 3 times Scotland’s total deaths mind.

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Thanks bud. It only takes one lapse of concentration when it comes to being super vigilant about cleanliness, that’s what’s concerning me. That’s great that you prevented the virus from passing to your son and daughter. I’m a forewarned is forearmed kind of person so I’m automatically expecting us all to get it. As I say I’ve got the kids with me and they’re 10 and 12, so I’m homeschooling and nursing my partner too. The kids mum is an anaesthetic nurse and has been vaccinated but obviously my kids have to isolate here for ten days which could of course reset itself if one of them was diagnosed. It’s brain muddling for sure and a super worrying time for everyone. I sincerely hope the wankers who flout don’t cause too much damage!

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It’s only in level 4 areas so will be repealed as soon as level 4 goes.

Yet to be convinced by this. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

In tier 4 areas where you could still sell alcohol. 

But not now then? I haven't seen any groups of folk drinking outside in Edinburgh since the new lockdown

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Click and collect one is just bizarre . I really don’t understand that at all. 

There seems to be 4 or 5 places in city centre doing it. Never saw a queue at any of them

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, the general said:

But not now then? I haven't seen any groups of folk drinking outside in Edinburgh since the new lockdown

It’s mainly for areas that can still do it, but walk down Gorgie Road any day of the week and you will see at least someone drinking or empty cans lying about. 

joondalupjambo

John Lewis is stopping click and collect services across it's 42 stores.  With the current government restrictions in England, and not being told to do so by the UK Government there they have made this decision off their own back.  They have confirmed it is to help reduce non essential travel.  The company must feel that there is a problem in relation to possible increased Covid transmission because of this type of service.

I await the out cry on here against the company, naughty John Lewis, naughty.

6 minutes ago, the general said:

I think some pubs were getting reported to the licensing authority because one I know shut a good month and a half ago.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Happened outside Jesse Mays and even once outside the Diggers 😱

Jesse Mays has been shut for about 5 months and the folk drinking cheap cans from the offie is a different story completely

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, buzz said:

Exactly.

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Give me Bill and Rhona from Wales with no construction experience succesfully building an entry level James Bond baddie's lair on a mountain top in Snowdonia with their own bare hands out of old pallets, hay bails, and a budget of thruppence-ha'penny. 

I take it you watched Ben Fogle's New Life in the Wild last week, episode one in the new series, available on catch up :pleased:

Guess what it was about?  Yep Bill and Rhona from England with no construction experience successfully building an entry level James Bond baddie's lair on a mountain side in Pembrokeshire with their own bare hands out of old pallets, hay bails, and a budget of thruppence-ha'penny.   I kid ye not.  Watch it if you did not see it.

Oh and by the way my wife is Australian by birth but has no nasal tones whatsoever :pleased:

Edited by joondalupjambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OBE said:

The two bedroom flat would've been difficult. Boyfriend and Daughter OK? It's over a month now since we tested positive, the wife was asymptomatic (the source, due me big-time) Me, I still have no taste or smell, if that's my long-covid, I'll buy that, hopefully they'll return soon. Thanks for asking PfK...:thumbsup:

Yeah I think so, her boyfriend is a bit lethargic but is on Furlough just now so that won’t help if you’ve nothing to do, bar home school 😆
Glad the two of you are reasonably fine 👍🏽
Im wondering if they will factor that in when they offer you two the vaccination, too much work probably. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Big fingers

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, the general said:

Jesse Mays has been shut for about 5 months and the folk drinking cheap cans from the offie is a different story completely

Lights were on twenty minutes ago when I walked past, they’ve been selling takeaway food since . Don’t think I will bother. 
You’re arguing with someone who just before Xmas sold guys beer in a plastic tub and gave them plastic glasses, told them not to drink it near the pub and watched them cross the road, stand around and drink it. 

88CA2811-252E-497B-B6E0-190D77266E92.jpeg

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Can't imagine this one will ever be repealed. 

Shes been itching to do this for years. However it wont go down well in Glasgow

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yet another hammer blow to business. Fa**ying around on the periphery, targetting services that will be responsible for very little, if any, spread.  She really is a feckin drama queen.

As others said these latest " restrictions" are her flexing her puny muscles to show she is " doing something " about it.  In fact this has been the characteristic of her and BJ all through this pandemic.  To be seen to be doing something even if its ludicrous and with no hard evidence it prevents transmission . Least with BJ one can see he is uncomfortable with it all but she seems to be relishing it.  

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

She really doesn't want to introduce new restrictions. She really doesn't. It hurts to have to do so. It makes her feel bad. 

But, to be honest, it's my own fault. I make her do it. Time and time again.

If only I hadn't sunk that six-pack, outside in the street, and only 1.8m distant from each other, with the friendly decorator bloke who was in painting my living room last week. We were hungry afterwards, so I offered him some food. Not much in the fridge, and now I feel so stupid for ordering a curry and going to pick it up. I think I may have stepped inside when the restaurant owner handed it to me, although I don't really remember. But Nicola knows. She knows I did. My god, what an idiot I am, I made her rain these new restrictions down on me. It's all my fault. She only enacts them because I did wrong. In a way I'm glad she's doing this to me. I hope she continues to for as long as she feels necessary. I won't make these mistakes again. Sorry Nicola. Restrict me all you want.

Victim Blaming in Abuse and Relationships 

Yes the domestic abuse analogy says it all. People have been gradually worn down to a former shell of themselves with no motivation  or capacity to challenge her " abuse" Just blind acceptance that this is the way its gonna be until she changes things. 

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I'd suggest that companies such as JL are positioning themselves very carefully - as seen by the supermarkets' empty posturing about masks in the last 48 hours - to come out the other side of the pandemic smelling sweetly in the public/media eye.

Or could it not be that the UK Government are only a few days away from stopping click and collect services which are not essential and JL are just wanting to get their remaining operations in place, staffing levels etc, i.e. just taking a pragmatic approach?  They could also be sick of getting so little notice to change things around and having to do things at the last minute.  Business has been crying out for things to be done in a timely manner even when changes are going to hurt their trading, they just want to prepare and get time to put plans in place.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I take it you watched Ben Fogle's New Life in the Wild last week, episode one in the new series, available on catch up :pleased:

Guess what it was about?  Yep Bill and Rhona from England with no construction experience successfully building an entry level James Bond baddie's lair on a mountain side in Pembrokeshire with their own bare hands out of old pallets, hay bails, and a budget of thruppence-ha'penny.   I kid ye not.  Watch it if you did not see it.

Oh and by the way my wife is Australian by birth but has no nasal tones whatsoever :pleased:

Kudos for getting that sorted out, it can't have been easy. 

And thanks for the heads up r.e. Fogle and the English couple. 👍

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Kudos for getting that sorted out, it can't have been easy. 

Scottish parents :pleased:

on Channel 5 by the way, the Fogle programme.

Edited by joondalupjambo

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Lights were on twenty minutes ago when I walked past, they’ve been selling takeaway food since . Don’t think I will bother. 
You’re arguing with someone who just before Xmas sold guys beer in a plastic tub and gave them plastic glasses, told them not to drink it near the pub and watched them cross the road, stand around and drink it. 

88CA2811-252E-497B-B6E0-190D77266E92.jpeg

I think that is old info re Jessie Mays 

And I'm not arguing I'm genuinely asking questions about what pubs are open for takeaway pints etc

Sorry if already covered. My local takeaway allows 2 people in at a time to pick stuff up but now everyone has to stand around outside so does that not mean more groups of people outside? 

I can go into Tesco standing and walking along side people but after I leave Tesco I can’t walk into chippy with either no one or only one person inside to get chips?

Honestly wish someone would ask her how she comes up with this crap 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Shes been itching to do this for years. However it wont go down well in Glasgow

She wants to kill the pub/drinking culture in Scotland and replace it with a European style street cafe culture, however that might work ok on a balmy September evening in Rome but it doesn't quite work the same on a pissing down day in Scotland.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She wants to kill the pub/drinking culture in Scotland and replace it with a European style street cafe culture, however that might work ok on a balmy September evening in Rome but it doesn't quite work the same on a pissing down day in Scotland.

See also CEC and their pro - cycling anti - car agenda.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

See also CEC and their pro - cycling anti - car agenda.

Seem to remember something about the Cowgate or around there being closed to cars on a Sunday a year or two ago, so as to promote a street cafe culture.

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seem to remember something about the Cowgate or around there being closed to cars on a Sunday a year or two ago, so as to promote a street cafe culture.

probably one of the most depressing places in Edinburgh, especially if you’re sitting outside. 

43 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How do you know this?

nothing wrong with late night cafe 

I saw an expert talk about this yesterday.

The more the rules get changed, the more confusing it is for people to know what the rules are. 

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How do you know this?

nothing wrong with late night cafe 

I don't know, pure supposition on my part, however having worked in the pub industry and still having contacts in it, there doesn't seem to be all that much trust in the SG over the future of pubs etc.

Never said there was anything wrong with a late night cafe.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic