Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

This is us getting the draconian drinking laws of Glasgow forced on us by these fascists.

No danger will she revoke any of that.

Next she will ban alcohol sales outright in shops and online.  Who would really want to live in an independent Scotland with these puritan incompetents ****ing everything up.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

This is us getting the draconian drinking laws of Glasgow forced on us by these fascists.

Next she will ban alcohol sales outright in shops and online.  Who would really want to live in an independent Scotland with these puritan incompetents ****ing everything up.

People can survive without alcohol 

it’s better for mental health if people don’t drink it too 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Do you know anyone that actually drinks alcohol on the streets?

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well I walked past the The Strathie on Iona Street a week or so back.

Plenty folk standing around in groups drinking using pint tumblers supplied by the bar and using the over filled bins and fag bins as tables.

So jealous.........

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Next she will ban alcohol sales outright in shops and online. 

Watch this space.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes, plenty.

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Out here in Midlothian, it's already banned apart from on 2 days, as far as I was aware. Those days being a local gala day and New Year's Day.

That's not to say that people still do it, but they already shouldn't be.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Well I walked passed the The Srathie on Iona Street a week or so  ack.

Plenty folk standing around in groups drinking using pint tumblers suoplied by the bar and using the over filled bins and fag bins as tables.

So jealous.........

That’ll not happen if there are no takeaway alcohol anyway.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Jakies and 14 year olds. Not sure why it's been stopped but then again I'm also not sure why people are annoyed about it. 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Out here in Midlothian, it's already banned apart from on 2 days, as far as I was aware. Those days being a local gala day and New Year's Day.

That's not to say that people still do it, but they already shouldn't be.

You can't just drink on the street in Edinburgh either, IIRC.  

Each pub has a space they are allowed to use and break licencing laws if they all customers to exceed.

Not sure on individuals on the street.

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Jakies and 14 year olds. Not sure why it's been stopped but then again I'm also not sure why people are annoyed about it. 

Fair comment.

People losing their job because of these latest restrictions will thank Nicola for her detailed explanation as to how they concluded that it must still be hospitality and other click-and-collects spreading the virus.

:Aye:

This is a perfect example of a leader and party who have completely lost the plot and keep using compliant businesses as a punchbag because she won't introduce laws to enforce the existing rules from even June.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Bet she bans having a jobby in a public park next.  

I think she has banned you having a jobby anywhere except your own house tbf.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

No-one is allowed to 'loiter' anywhere in the UK just now as it is

You must keep moving.  It's a nothing change but gives police a wee bit more power by law.

It's a meh.

Just now, frankblack said:

I think she has banned you having a jobby anywhere except your own house tbf.

Yeah but when it's over.  Bet she doesn't let folk have a Greyfriars in Princes Street Gardens.

27 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Closing loop holes. Most obvious example is I might go visit my in law for caring purposes who live 20+miles from me and whilst there decide I’ll get my exercise in at the park closest to them. 

Previously that was exercise would be ok as travelled for essential journey and just tagged some stuff on. Not now.

It appears some people have spotted a few loop holes and they’re being closed, the spirit of law has not changed.

I just doubt any of the latest changes will have an affect on infection rates. The people who are going against the spirit of the regulations will just carry on.

Not particularly against the latest changes but can’t see them making any difference tbh. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

People losing their job because of these latest restrictions will thank Nicola for her detailed explanation as to how they concluded that it must still be hospitality and other click-and-collects spreading the virus.

:Aye:

This is a perfect example of a leader and party who have completely lost the plot and keep using compliant businesses as a punchbag because she won't introduce laws to enforce the existing rules from even June.

Hospitality is closed in parts of the world over just now.  It's a consensus.

7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Hospitality is closed in parts of the world over just now.  It's a consensus.

The Click and Collect thing is pure guesswork.  She is clutching at straws, which is going to hurt businesses.

Its time she actually gave breakdown data of track and trace information to back up her decisions.  I just don't see how she got there.

willie wallace

I was under the impression that it was never legal to drink in the streets in Edinburgh unless at licensed outdoor premises..

It was never that common anyway.

Samuel Camazzola
30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

giphy.gif&ehk=4HgREMWH8hnhI1yuT97qpKLtaS

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yo stop folk buying takeaway pints and congregating illegally, why folk do that in this weather is unbelievable but it does happen. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yet another hammer blow to business. Fa**ying around on the periphery, targetting services that will be responsible for very little, if any, spread.  She really is a feckin drama queen.

Spot on! 

52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Does seem to smack of being seen to do something. 

Exactly. She is way out of her depth. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I was under the impression that it was never legal to drink in the streets in Edinburgh unless at licensed outdoor premises..

It was never that common anyway.

You are allowed to but you have to stop if the filth ask you too. 

She didn't even mention non-essential construction or manufacturing again. It's like she wants everyone to forget that there's still hundreds of thousands or people travelling to work on a non-essential business. We want the virus under control but let's not mention the biggest industry that's all still working unsafely together.  It's laughable. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are allowed to but you have to stop if the filth ask you too. 

Whose the filth?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yo stop folk buying takeaway pints and congregating illegally, why folk do that in this weather is unbelievable but it does happen. 

Agree, it’s nuts but do you think the people who are doing this are the very people who will congregate inside instead. If you’re that desperate on a drink and a blether with your pals that you’ll stand about in zero degree temperatures are you really just going to stop. 

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

She didn't even mention non-essential construction or manufacturing again. It's like she wants everyone to forget that there's still hundreds of thousands or people travelling to work on a non-essential business. We want the virus under control but let's not mention the biggest industry that's all still working unsafely together.  It's laughable. 

As long as they get their bacon rolls through a serving hatch they’ll be fine. 

manaliveits105
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

She really doesn't want to introduce new restrictions. She really doesn't. It hurts to have to do so. It makes her feel bad. 

But, to be honest, it's my own fault. I make her do it. Time and time again.

If only I hadn't sunk that six-pack, outside in the street, and only 1.8m distant from each other, with the friendly decorator bloke who was in painting my living room last week. We were hungry afterwards, so I offered him some food. Not much in the fridge, and now I feel so stupid for ordering a curry and going to pick it up. I think I may have stepped inside when the restaurant owner handed it to me, although I don't really remember. But Nicola knows. She knows I did. My god, what an idiot I am, I made her rain these new restrictions down on me. It's all my fault. She only enacts them because I did wrong. In a way I'm glad she's doing this to me. I hope she continues to for as long as she feels necessary. I won't make these mistakes again. Sorry Nicola. Restrict me all you want.

Victim Blaming in Abuse and Relationships 

As she repeatedly says she takes no pleasure 

I think we kinda know that anyway 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Been saying this for ages.

No politician in this country has the balls or the idiocy to go full lockdown, so they tinker around with tiers and restrictions here and there in order to make themselves appear competent.

As a result, the 'trickle down' effect is that people start to believe that these actions - which have limited, if any, basis in fact - become accepted as the truth. The NHS Grampian wifie on BBC yesterday saying how the closure of hospitality was because of its high tranmission rates, for example. Not challenged and not proven.

Said it as well. Everything other than absolutely essential businesses closed or absolutely everything open. Public health or the economy. Those are the choices and in this country we’re doing a grand job of destroying both. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As long as they get their bacon rolls through a serving hatch they’ll be fine. 

Can they still walk into Greggs in groups of 4 or 5 without their face masks and get them?

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The Click and Collect thing is pure guesswork.  She is clutching at straws, which is going to hurt businesses.

Its time she actually gave breakdown data of track and trace information to back up her decisions.  I just don't see how she got there.

Didn't Ruth Davidson say all new restrictions 'reasonable' i.e it's coming elsewhere.

Anyway, it's picking at the scab again.

Close borders completely

Test, track, trace, isolate.

Support people financially to isolate.

Mask wearing and social disance compliance, especially with businesses still allowed to open, or as they open up on a restricted basis.

Eliminate the virus, not just rely on vaccine working and not mutating ahead of vaccine scirnce

Don't do these and Scotland, UK, Europe, America notably are not heading for a guaranteed short or medium term positive outcome.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, frankblack said:

Can they still walk into Greggs in groups of 4 or 5 without their face masks and get them?

Nope. They need to get it passed out to them at the door or through a hatch. Staff no longer have to suffer the indignity of serving behind a Perspex screen. 😏

Does she ever publish data to back up decisions. The English briefings often have slides containing data but I’ve never seen Sturgeon do a slide show yet!

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Bet she bans having a jobby in a public park next.  

As long as you're at least six feet away from anyone else, it will be fine.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Didn't Ruth Davidson say all new restrictions 'reasonable' i.e it's coming elsewhere.

Anyway, it's picking at the scab again.

Close borders completely

Test, track, trace, isolate.

Support people financially to isolate.

Mask wearing and social disance compliance, especially with businesses still allowed to open, or as they open up on a restricted basis.

Eliminate the virus, not just rely on vaccine working and not mutating ahead of vaccine scirnce

Don't do these and Scotland, UK, Europe, America notably are not heading for a guaranteed short or medium term positive outcome.

I don't watch these bulletins any more, just pick up the bullet points.

If I had to watch her puss on the TV for more than 30 seconds I'd be throwing my shoes at the screen.

My partners been staying with me the last few weeks to distance herself from her elderly parents with whom she still stays. Yesterday she returned home early from work with the symptoms that most describe. She got a test and got the positive result very efficiently I have to say. My children have been with me as I look after them and school them when their mothers at work. To say I’m quite concerned and feeling very anxious would be understating it. It’s safe to assume the worst and think the virus will rip through us. Being on antidepressants and other medication for Ocd means things are magnified and heightened and it’s very unnerving I’ll admit. I just hope we alll are safe long term and obviously hope everyone out there is doing all they can to minimise the spread. Just stay safe and mindful of others please folk

Scottish numbers: 13 January 2021

Summary

• 1,949 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+74]
  • 23,432 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 10.2% of these were positive [+5,915; -1.8%]
  • 79 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+25]
  • 134 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 1,794 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+77]
  • 191,965 people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination and 2,990 have received their second dose [+16,023; +133]

Per-100,000 case rates around the NHS boards:

Scotland 36 [+2].

Lanarkshire 54 [+14], Greater Glasgow 50 [-1], Tayside 38 [+12], Dumfries & Galloway 37 [-11], Ayrshire 36 [-8], Fife 31 [+4].

Forth Valley 29 [+2], Grampian 28 [+5], Borders 22 [-17], Lothian 21 [-3], Highland 18 [=], Shetland 13 [-18].

Orkney & Western Isles: 0.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Can't imagine this one will ever be repealed. 

It’s only in level 4 areas so will be repealed as soon as level 4 goes.

Konrad von Carstein
38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

She really doesn't want to introduce new restrictions. She really doesn't. It hurts to have to do so. It makes her feel bad. 

But, to be honest, it's my own fault. I make her do it. Time and time again.

If only I hadn't sunk that six-pack, outside in the street, and only 1.8m distant from each other, with the friendly decorator bloke who was in painting my living room last week. We were hungry afterwards, so I offered him some food. Not much in the fridge, and now I feel so stupid for ordering a curry and going to pick it up. I think I may have stepped inside when the restaurant owner handed it to me, although I don't really remember. But Nicola knows. She knows I did. My god, what an idiot I am, I made her rain these new restrictions down on me. It's all my fault. She only enacts them because I did wrong. In a way I'm glad she's doing this to me. I hope she continues to for as long as she feels necessary. I won't make these mistakes again. Sorry Nicola. Restrict me all you want.

Victim Blaming in Abuse and Relationships 

Was that funny in your head?

Not that amusing on screen TBQH. :(

:lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
Too harsh after reading once posted

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Take it easy. Don't forget, the vast, vast majority of people get through this virus with little to no complications or issues. Fingers crossed you and yours will be the same. Look after yourselves.

Thanks buddy👍

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic